52 Weeks Towards Divine Femininity

@Supervixen how have you been coming along with the cloth napkin folding? I bought those napkins a few weeks ago and have yet to use them ‍♀️. It just feels so weird to use cloth napkins. I don’t even know why!

I’ve gotten plenty of compliments this week

1. I’m sooo intellectual
2. My pictures on Facebook look like weight watchers magazine meals :rolleyes:
3. They love it how girly I am
4. I have such a beautiful smile

I’m learning to even if I feel compelled to say something not to say anything at all if I can’t say Thank you! A smile is all that’s needed most of the time
This is so important. I realized I was talking too much when one of my coworkers started to act like she really knew my life. :lachen:I’ve dialed it all the way back.

@Supervixen how have you been coming along with the cloth napkin folding? I bought those napkins a few weeks ago and have yet to use them ‍♀️. It just feels so weird to use cloth napkins. I don’t even know why!

Hi dears! I've not done any special folds lately. Only the standard triangle or quartered fold.

I recently had about a dozen of DH's coworkers and their wives/friends over; nothing formal, more of an impromptu afterparty for a work event we had all just attended. Dh and I ordered pizza for everyone.

They looked surprised and made comments that I brought out real plates, glasses, cloth napkins and fresh daffodils (I leave flowers in the fridge when we're not home). The people that had Been here before were like that's just what she does. I told the newcomers that I wanted them to feel like royalty when they visit our home.

The night did not end well unfortunately, an argument with curse words and threats ensued, but DH and I weren't involved. Odd night. I remember Ro saying something like-- when you Try to show people nice things that don't think they deserve nice things, they get upset, emotional and act out. I think I witnessed that here.

Last edited:
Back from my niece's birthday, she LOVED her gifts which totally delighted my heart! Here's what I made for her, as she is 13 and is starting to be conscious about healthy eating habits:

DSC_0465_zpswmffteop.jpg

DSC_0463_zpsulcqq86k.jpg

DSC_0462_zps6aqi9rhe.jpg

This is what the table looked like (#filter):

DSC_0488_zps3fhmrask.jpg

Ugh! I need to go back and catch up on posts. Even though I'm tagged AND watching this thread I'm not getting notifications. Same thing is happening with other threads.

I'm still here, though.

Hi dears! I've not done any special folds lately. Only the standard triangle or quartered fold.

I recently had about a dozen of DH's coworkers and their wives/friends over; nothing formal, more of an impromptu afterparty for a work event we had all just attended. Dh and I ordered pizza for everyone.

They looked surprised and made comments that I brought out real plates, glasses, cloth napkins and fresh daffodils (I leave flowers in the fridge when we're not home). The people that had Been here before were like that's just what she does. I told the newcomers that I wanted them to feel like royalty when they visit our home.

The night did not end well unfortunately, an argument with curse words and threats ensued, but DH and I weren't involved. Odd night. I remember Ro saying something like-- when you Try to show people nice things that don't think they deserve nice things, they get upset, emotional and act out. I think I witnessed that here.

My dad warned me growing up about the same thing and not to have co-workers over for that reason...sometimes co-workers don't think YOU deserve those nice things...then they start acting "hostile".

Ladies,

Make sure to practice being ‘soft’ EVERYDAY. They say practice makes permanent.

Softness is being action of choosing to be gentle, smooth, and calming, rather than loud or forceful. Practice speaking and behaving in a more calm manner rather than firm and aggressive. How could you be soft today?

So I'm meandering a bit with this challenge, but I'm still trying.

Last week, I had DS#1 make his first meal (he's 7). I tried my hand at plating, but I realize that I could have added dried parsely to the edge of the plate to add a bit more flair, but I did add a touch of garnish. It was coconut chickpea curry (includes zucchini and sweet potato) on brown basmati rice.

I've been pretty successful these past two weeks keeping my voice relatively sweet and not sounding (or feeling) like a super stressed out momma. As a result, the kids are much calmer and more apt to listening quicker and coming out of tantrums quicker. Also, it's no longer hard. I think that I'm closer to feeling like myself (before kids).

I'm looking forward to this week's challenge! It's something that I've been meaning to work for quite some time.

Attachments

• 20180418_180740.jpg
    20180418_180740.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 58
So I'm meandering a bit with this challenge, but I'm still trying.

Last week, I had DS#1 make his first meal (he's 7). I tried my hand at plating, but I realize that I could have added dried parsely to the edge of the plate to add a bit more flair, but I did add a touch of garnish. It was coconut chickpea curry (includes zucchini and sweet potato) on brown basmati rice.

I've been pretty successful these past two weeks keeping my voice relatively sweet and not sounding (or feeling) like a super stressed out momma. As a result, the kids are much calmer and more apt to listening quicker and coming out of tantrums quicker. Also, it's no longer hard. I think that I'm closer to feeling like myself (before kids).

I'm looking forward to this week's challenge! It's something that I've been meaning to work for quite some time.
Woooow that plating is wonderful. The food really pops against the white plate and black background. It looks soooo delicious! I know it was!

I didn’t feel like cooking today but I’m making myself eat clean and still working on plating.

I tip for us all is to photograph take pictures by a window or outside in natural sunlight. It makes the food look sooo good. I decided to eat outside on the patio so that’s where this pic was taken. I wish I would have taken it on an angle.

Salad, baked potato, and sautéed chicken with Parmesan Peppercorn dressing like Logan’s lol

Attachments

• 2FA752A3-F8B5-44BA-87E0-679980A765CC.jpeg
    2FA752A3-F8B5-44BA-87E0-679980A765CC.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 55
I’m late so I haven’t put this week’s challenge in the template and etc., but this week it’s about milk baths. Anyone ever use coconut milk or rose petal powder for their baths? I’ll post more on this soon.

I just HAD to have this bouquet of flowers. I’m going to stop sleeping on Kroger Flowers. This bunch was $8 :eek:. My last bunch I see I bought them on the 3rd. They JUST died with the use of tips like make sure the leaves are off the stem, use the tape trick, replace the water everyday, and put a little plant food in the water.

I just love a mixed variety of flowers :2inlove:

It’s such a nice touch to the dining room. :p

Attachments

• 279C44EB-0B4D-4015-B29D-7C1304E642C4.jpeg
    279C44EB-0B4D-4015-B29D-7C1304E642C4.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 0ABA5B5B-1878-424B-BCFF-03C47697C478.jpeg
    0ABA5B5B-1878-424B-BCFF-03C47697C478.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 42
Participants -

@PrissiSippi
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717

Recap

Week 1: Create Femininity Goals. Find an accountability partner

Week 2: Print or Buy a planner. Make sure you write down and plan to do things that encompass your femininity. How many times will you cook for your family so they can practice dinner etiquette? How many minutes will you hold each child a day (10-15 minutes?) How will you polish your femininity EACH day, how will you spend one on one time with your spouse each day? Have you made time to go out with a female this week to talk girl talk? Make a plan, be intentional, and write it down.

Week 3: Be more present- Be aware of your surroundings. Don't be a phone zombie. Practice makes permanent. Constantly work on cultivating your femininity by being very present with DH, SO, your children, and friends. Choose human interactions vs social media interactions this week.

Week 4: Accept him- Accept him for who he is. This includes his strengths, his weaknesses, his goals, or lack of him. He is a person full of triumphs as well as flaws just like you. (This goal is continuous)
February- Inner Self Work
Week 5: Polish Your Poise- No one can take you out of your feminine grace except you. Work on not being reactive to problems and asserting your needs but in a gentle way. Work on your look, attitude, gratitude, gaze, and overall spirit.

Week 6: Self Preservation is Key- Learn to protect your peace. Put YOU first. Have a drama blocking plan to protect yourself.

Week 7: What's in a Voice- Work on your feminine voice. Smile. Have a sing-song sweet voice at all times...especially times of struggle.

Week 8: Rock Your Wardrobe- Aim to look feminine, put together, and GOOD every day.
Week 9: Turn Rituals Into Routine
March- Home Living
Week 10: Beautify Your Enviroment: Buy Fresh Flowers
Week 11: Focus on Your Home Aromas
Week 12: How Clean Is Your Home
Week 13: Set the Tone in Your Home: Make Your House a Haven
April-
Week 14: Clean Up Your Social Media Accounts
Week 15: Be more mysterious: Work on your Feminine Mystique
Week 16: Take the Help/Compliments
Week 17: Got Milk? Milk Baths

7482308206_ac1a8f4b41_b.jpg

Week 17: Milk Baths

Protect the skin you're in. On Week 9, we talked about changing routines into rituals. This week's challenge will go even deeper into this task by changing the ordinary task of bathing into a ritual by incorporating honey and milk, and essentials oils into the mix. Make sure you take the time during this time to just BE. Don't be focused on the end result, the time it takes, or the logistics. Take the time to just BE. Just like the flowers posted all over this thread, there is PLEASURE in just BEING. This is the power of femininity. Use this time to hone in on this and realize that there is so much power in just BEING. You are beautiful, admirable, amazing, and much more just by BEING yourself and pampering yourself. I personally feel we don't get this explained to us much in the black community. We feel we should be admired for the degrees we have, job we worked hard to find, car we drive, friends we associate with, and accomplishments we have done. However there is power in being YOU.

Throughout time, many tribes have bathed in milk. It is common for lavender, honey or essential oils to be added to milk baths. Lactic acid in milk serves as an exfoliant, and its fat content acts as a moisturizer. Those who suffer from allergies to milk or have especially sensitive skin should be cautious before fully immersing themselves in a milk bath. Coconut or Goat milk can also be used.

Rose Petal Powder can also be a great addition to baths .
The ingredients in homemade bath powders which include rose petal powder treats existing minor skin diseases and prevents the skin from further infections. Once you start using homemade bath powders, you will never be able to stop using them. This rose petal bath powder is very fragrant and should be made in peak summer. Rose petals reduces wrinkles and prevents the skin from sun damage.

To use, take the required amount of powder and mix it with water to make a paste. Scoop the mixture and rub it all over the body like soap and wash it off. You will find great difference in your skin texture if you use these milk baths/ bath powder regularly.

Sample Milk Bath Recipes
To make your milk bath, usually combine the milk, baking soda, and cornstarch in a 2:1:1 ratio. So if you used 1 cup of powdered milk you’d use 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of cornstarch.

1 cups whole powdered Milk (could also be coconut milk or goat milk)
1/2 cup Cornstarch (also called corn flour)
1/4 cup Baking Soda
10 drops of Lavender Oil or any other essential oil

½ cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
1 cup Dry Milk (I would recommend goat milk)
3 tablespoons Epsom salt
handful dried rose petals powder
10 drops of the essential oil of your choice (I would recommend peppermint or lavender)

Week 17 Challenge
1. Look up a recipe you like for milk baths. A simple Google or Pinterest search will do. Post a milk bath recipe that you would like to try this week in the thread.
2. In your planner, write down something small you will do for yourself every day Ex: Walk, plate food, go experience nature, go to a fitness class, have brunch with the girls, go to a concert. Make sure it benefits you and mostly only you. Be strategically selfish.

Last edited:
I just HAD to have this bouquet of flowers. I’m going to stop sleeping on Kroger Flowers. This bunch was $8 :eek:. My last bunch I see I bought them on the 3rd. They JUST died with the use of tips like make sure the leaves are off the stem, use the tape trick, replace the water everyday, and put a little plant food in the water.

I just love a mixed variety of flowers :2inlove:

It’s such a nice touch to the dining room. :p
Those are gorgeous. What do you mean by the bolded?

Awww that’s what your name came from!! Why did you choose that as your name? Are you very passionate in nature?

I chose the name because:

1. It rhymes with my middle sister's pet name Martucha. She's been such a great support this past decade, with my mental illness and all.
2. I am a very passionate person, right now mostly on the professional front. But I cannot wait until it spills over to the romantic side lol.
3. Simply love the sound of the word Maracujá in Portuguese:lol:

Do you eat the seeds? Can you eat pawpaw/papaya seeds? Your setting looks lovely!

Thank you @snoop Not sure if the seeds of the papaya can be eaten, but we did eat the seeds of the passion fruit. However, I left the seeds on the papaya because they looked so good lol.

Thank you @snoop Not sure if the seeds of the papaya can be eaten, but we did eat the seeds of the passion fruit. However, I left the seeds on the papaya because they looked so good lol.

I've never eaten the seeds either, but they do make the fruit look good! I was hoping...

I will have to look for passion fruit in the summer. I've only had the juice... I love trying new foods!

Back