@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 6: What's in a Voice?

Have you ever met a drop dead gorgeous person only to have all the attraction fade the minute they open their mouth? When it comes to dating, chemistry, and love, that getting-to-know you chat and flirtatious sweet nothings have impact far beyond that words being said. In fact, several studies have shown that the qualities of our voices transmit important details about attraction, health, and fertility to potential partners.

Practice staying in your femininity by ALWAYS having a sweet sing song voice. With your husband, your children, and friends. Soften your sound a little and notice what changes it makes in your life this week.

Week 6 Challenge
1. Post a video with a feminine voice you admire.
2. Practice recording yourself on your phone and play it back to see what areas you need to work on to soften your sound.
3. Use your voice some time this week to get what you want a practice one of the important pillars of femininity: Receiving. What was the result?

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 7: Level Up Your Look

Let's take this week to develop our feminine appearance using what you already have. Men are very visual creatures point blank. They love to see someone balance out their masculinity with feminine aspects. To embrace your femininity....embrace what no one can take away...the fact that you are a woman. Take the time to enjoy wearing stereo-typically feminine wardrobe items like form fitting clothing, dresses, pencil skirts, low heels, bows, poofy sleeves, pink, sheer blouses, pearls, lace camisoles, flouncy tea length skirts and the occasional ruffle. Incorporate a good bra such as Wacoal, wear jewelry EACH DAY. Put on at LEAST simple makeup such as natural gold eye shadow, tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lipstick/lipgloss.

This is the Formula Given in most Level Up Groups
(People please chime in on anything I missed)
Teeth-
Teeth straightened and whitened twice a year. Wear crest white stripes or Dr. White weekly.
Hair- Sleek and Polished. Invest in a straight long wig, a body wave wig/weave, a fun wig (blond, colored, bob and etc.). Wigs/Sew-Ins allow you to look good every day.
Lips- Bold colors. Invest in a nice red lipstick, a berry color, and a nice nude).
Skin- Needs to be CLEAR and dewy. Go to a dermatologist as needed and drink WATER and apply sunscreen to keep it clear. Invest in a self-tanner bronzer lotion that moisturizes and helps you glow.
Clothes- Wear few jeans. Wear mostly dresses. Dresses are one and done. They help you look flirty and feminine without trying hard. Try dresses with one solid color. Invest in a red dress and a classic black dress. Incorporate some fun dresses such as a leather one for flair. Heels only when on dates...no flats.
Makeup- Full face including lashes. Blend Blend Blend your eyeshadows. Blush, highlighter, eyeshadow, lipSTICK (it's bolder than lipgloss), and nicely waxed eyebrows (bimonthly).
Eyes- Eyelash Extensions to look doe eyed (take them off with oil)
Jewelry- You need a nice plain diamond pendant, tennis bracelet, and stud earrings. If you can't afford the real....get a sterling silver set and rock it until you get the money.

Week 7 Challenge
1. What's your feminine makeup routine?
2. Strive to dress feminine and wear a dress for at least 3 days this week and take in the results of people around your -- men and women.
3. What are some celebrities or pictures of women that you just LOVE their feminine style? Post a pictures!Could you emulate it?

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 8: Turn Rituals Into Routine

Whenever I eat my Blue Bell homemade vanilla out of the original pint it never feels that satisfying. I mean it's GOOD but it's not THAT good..

However when I carefully use my ice cream scoop to scoop it up in three balls, put those balls of ice cream in a bowl, pile it up with nuts and drizzle caramel over it, I feel like like a STAR. I feel expensive. I feel fulfilled. I feel happy. Why? Because it is NOT a ritual.

So during this challenge many of us have been encompassing routines. Some feminine routines include: plating our food, serving our husband before our children and with two hands, wearing dresses and feminine clothing, wearing a signature fragrance every day, being very affectionate by giving each person in the family 12 hugs/kisses a day, wearing cute night clothes to bed each night, having a good sleep schedule, cleaning unapologetically, taking time for us to unwind, meditating/yoga/exercising/juicing/eating healthy. The list goes on and on. BUT they offer little substance. Why you say? It's simply a routine?

This is the week we shift from ROUTINES to RITUALS.

Rituals are richer in meaning than habits/routines. Rituals have many positive effects on our lives. They can:

• Increase Attention
  • Inspire Creativity
  • Increase Working memory
  • Help with Emotional regulation
  • Boost Immune function
  • Enhance Cognitive performance
  • Regulate Self-control
  • Facilitate Healthy habits
  • Reduce stress
Can you think of some women that wear jewelry, dresses, makeup, talk softly, the whole nine but they don’t seem feminine to you? Why is this? One reason is the intent behind the routines they are doing. Because of this, it's important to turn daily routines into powerful feminine rituals. These rituals can put you back in contact with your feminine energy and help you express who you are — truly.

Both routines and rituals consist of repetitive actions undertaken on a regular basis. But there are a couple important differences between them.

Routines - Result Driven

Routines employ end results that are practical.

Example: When you brush your teeth, you’re doing it for cleanliness. When you brush your hair, it’s to make it manageable. When you take a shower, you’re doing it to clean your body efficiently and quickly.

The efficacy of routines lies in the actions themselves. There is no deeper meaning or purpose behind a routine; it’s done for its own sake. As a result, it can be accomplished without much thought.

Rituals- Experience Driven

There is a meaning and purpose behind a ritual that transcends its observable components.

Rituals are inward and transcendent: a centered mind, expanded spirit, or renewed dedication to a goal.

Rituals center your mind and build your focus.

Rituals quiet the daily frenzy of your mind, but can also help carry you through times when greater interruptions have burst upon your life.

They exercise your focus receives from engaging in ritual will extend out to other areas of your life as well, improving your attention span for other tasks that require keen concentration

How to change your ROUTINES into RITUALS

Incorporate Visualization

Make it Special.
Take journaling, for example. Get a fancy journal and nice pen. It might sound silly that swapping out your BIC pen and spiral notebook could turn the routine into a ritual, but it works.

If you put on jewelry every morning just to look more put together…. this is a routine. However, let’s say you put on your grandmother’s pearls or even pearls you intend to pass down to your grandchildren… You have shifted into a ritual. This is not just any set of pearls, but your grandmother’s. This may further serve as a daily reminder to become a strong link in your family’s generations of feminine women. Example: How AKA’s wear pearls A LOT to remind them to act with class and elegance at all times. How Delta’s wear elephants to remind them to be strong, intelligent, and resilient. These objects are SPECIAL to them not just a routine. It has a deeper purpose.

Timing is Important. Taking a walk in the morning may seem rather pedestrian, while walking at night may feel a little magical and mysterious. Taking a shower in the morning may be just to clean, taking a bath at night AFTER your showered for cleanliness might make you feel more radiant, royal, and at ease if you couple it with special soap, candles, music, environment, and more.

Work Your Mindset Muscle. Listen to classical music as you shave with your razor. Journal with your fountain pen in the morning in your sunroom. Read your scriptures at night by candlelight with a warm mug of tea. By seeking to turn your ordinary routines into spirit-renewing rituals, you can elevate your ordinary life into one embedded with greater meaning, purpose, and enchantment. Make it whimsical. What’s a ritual you need to employ?

Week 8 Challenge
1. Pick 3 Routines you have been doing consistently during this challenge. Write out how you will change this into a ritual.
2. Using your planner from the previous weeks, make deliberate times for you to do these rituals. PENCIL YOURSELF IN FIRST. Write down in your planner the days you intend to do your rituals.

Example Rituals

1. Lay out your clothes for the week and iron them. Play music or listen to TV while you’re doing this.

2. Long Bubble Baths with essential oils to Moisturize and visualize every care leaving your body and being cleansed away by the soothing, aromatic water.

3. Long Walks in the park or in the neighborhood. Incorporate music and pay attention to nature and feel gratitude for the beauty around you.

4. DIY Manicures and Pedicures in a special room/area of the house. Imagine yourself being pampered how you deserve to be pampered in every area of life.

5. Wearing nice jewelry: real pieces of jewelry. Pearl Necklace, Bracelet, ring that symbolize what you could pass down to your family in the future or how royal you are and deserving of REAL jewelry.

6. Exercise: Yoga, Pilates, Walking, Running, just get to running. Invest in some special clothes or at least matching clothes lol, nice playlist, envision yourself running into greatness for your life.

7. Meditate for 10-15 minutes each morning and night in a special location. Envision the positivity entering your life.

8. Light a candle and drink wine. Invest in a Bath table while you take long baths to wash away your problems.

9. Drink Water- Invest in a special cup. Special time during the day? Envision yourself cleansing every single cell of your body.

10. Juicing- Could be incorporated as a breakfast routine but made special by placing in a special mug or drinking in a special location looking at the sun come up.

11. Plating and sitting at your table eating. Imagine yourself as royalty, being served and eating well every single day because you deserve it.

12. While bathing and applying cleanser and moisturizer to your face, say loving affirmations to yourself with feeling while doing basic maintenance. Some affirmations could include:
-My skin is so smooth and healthy!
-My skin is so clear!
-My hair is so thick and luscious! My edges are thick and luscious. :giggle:
-I love my curves and my body flaws and all.
-My body looks great! It is a temple and I treat it as such! :yep:
-I am a divinely feminine woman and just by being ME I am absolutely beautiful :blush2:

13. Using a Yoni egg. Let it get charged up by the sun. Then speak affirmations inside the egg. Then insert it.

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

WEEK 9 Manage Your Leisure Time/ Become Well Read

What are you out at the reservoir for. I responded, “Writing Poetry.” My brother kind of scoffed. It was a tone I’ve heard oh too much. Silently he was yelling...go do something productive. Go do something worth your while. Leisure time is not important. Be a busy bee.

Participating in leisure and recreation activities can help you become more feminine and in turn help you to better manage stress and reduce depression. Leisure provides you the chance to find balance in your life; it also puts you in control of how you're spending your time, which is an important consideration because you may feel overwhelmed by obligations from your husband, SO, family or children.

Identify those things that make your heart sing. Some will find this so easy; they’ll assume it should go without saying. But a surprising number of people devote so much of their time to work that they’ve forgotten what it is they truly love to do just for fun. Whether it’s physical activities like dancing, tennis, doodling, playing outside, or fishing, or craft activities like photography, sewing or knitting, find those things that create joy and contentment in your heart. Pencil yourself in above everything else. Put yourself FIRST.

Pull your planner out if you have to and continue to pencil in time for yourself. Make time for YOU. Take care of yourself and do it WELL!

One way to accomplish this is to become well read. It will give you more to talk about in conversations and help you to become more well rounded.

Be well read. You don’t need a college degree (although there’s certainly nothing wrong with having one) to be able to read good books! I’m not referring to self-help books. Develop your mind by reading classics, books about history, literature, biographies of important people and missionaries, and other tasteful genres of reading.

Week 9 Challenge

1. Name 3 books you intend to read that are not self-help books. Specifically, make time to read for leisure.
2. What are you doing in your leisure time? Make a plan to pencil in leisure time each day. Bath time? Read a book for 20 minutes a day? Walk a mile or two? Sit on the beach? Play in the garden? Brunch with some friends? Play on a playground? Work on developing your leisure plan. What can you do for leisure each day?
3. Choose a book or series of articles to read on self-development. Read it for 5 minutes each night before you go to bed, or before getting out of bed. What did you learn?

Hi ladies, we're currently in week 9. It seems like we've missed a lot but I think that over the next few weeks we'll be able to incorporate these past lessons into our ongoing lifestyles. Feel free to post any updates about your progress -- and don't forget, we LOVE pictures on this board! Also, if you have any articles, videos, internet inspirational pictures or quotes...post, post, post. Anything that well inspire and motivate our sisters to be a more divine and feminine version of themselves.

I believe the following was posted many years ago in one of the earlier years of this challenge. I think that it's a good read, so I'll post it here, again.

1 Introduction to the Black Femininity Series | Part One

“Femininity—also called womanhood—is defined as a set of characteristics, behaviors, and roles generally associated with girls and women. Femininity is made up of both socially defined and biologically created factors. Femininity is an internal expression before it is an external appearance.”

The History of Black Womanhood

The suppression of femininity in black women mainly has its roots in racism, colorism and sexism. The societal circumstances that many black women live in forces them to take on roles out of survival, not choice. Many black women have been conditioned to perceive femininity has weakness so, as a way of protecting themselves, they suppress it. Instead of expressing their femininity, many black women have internalized the stereotypes that society projects on them. An example of this is the “strong, independent black woman” stereotype. This stereotype places pressure on the shoulders of black women to help everyone else while receiving little in return because of the idea that we’re strong enough to handle things on our own. This toxic concept of pseudo-strength forces black women to further suppress their true emotions and feelings. When the accumulation of suppressed emotion is finally expressed, we get labeled another stereotype—the “loud, angry black woman”.

In some cases, the suppression of black femininity is even passed down generationally as black mothers can sometimes suppress their black daughters’ femininity. Many black girls, myself included, weren’t allowed to express their femininity during their childhood and adolescence.

Release the weight of this old paradigm.

Allow yourself to be feminine. Let go of the "strong, independent black woman” archetype. You are not obligated to carry this weight on your back. Your identity is not being a bag lady. It is not possible to develop your femininity when you’re dragging around stagnant weight. Let it go and build boundaries. Let go of your super-hero complex. Let go of the “obligation” to “save” other people. Set healthy boundaries and focus on yourself. Take care of yourself. Work on yourself. Care about yourself. Know your worth. Be so fully grounded in your self-worth that nothing and no one can take you out of your element. Give yourself the love, attention and care you’ve continuously extended to others. Be self full and fill your own cup. Commit to loving yourself and raise your standards.

Abundance Mindset vs. Scarcity Mindset

An abundance mindset is a mindset of confidence. Thinking abundantly means that you know you have enough and you will always receive. A scarcity mindset, however, is a mindset of lack. Thinking scarcely means that you feel you don’t have enough and you won’t receive. One mode of thinking is based on security and the other mode of thinking is based on insecurity. Society has conditioned us, as black women, to think with scarcity and accept less. To reclaim our femininity, we must cultivate an abundance mindset.

Thinking abundantly means allowing ourselves to be open and receptive. Receptivity is an aspect of femininity. We must eradicate the “strong, independent black woman” mentality (scarcity mindset) and replace it with a receptivity mentality (abundance mindset). To be open, heal the source of what’s suppressing your femininity. To be receptive, practice accepting compliments, gifts and help with grace. Allow yourself to receive. Believe that you’re worthy of living a life filled with love, peace, respect, opportunity and stability.

The Role of The Media

Brands use the media to culturally appropriate and they often profit from it.

Black outrage is a marketing tactic that brands use to get more views, clicks and exposure. Aspects of black girlhood & womanhood (such as hairstyles, bodily features and style) get picked apart and repackaged by brands under the guise of cultural appropriation which creates attention. Brands thrive off of any social media attention because its essentially free marketing.

Your attention is an investment. Attention is an important thing because it can condition your mentality. What you see and hear repeatedly eventually become a belief. Your beliefs will motivate the majority of your decisions and ultimately the way you carry yourself in life.

Regulate Your Attention. Ignore anything that may cloud your perception of yourself. Instead, surround yourself with positive images and examples of black womanhood. Block and ignore anyone or anything that tries to suppress your femininity. Clean up your social media of anything that hinders you. Replace it with content that uplifts, motivates and nourishes you. Fill your space and surroundings with what you want to see more of.

From <https://blackfemininity.tumblr.com/tagged/femininity-series>

2 The Beauty of Black Women | Black Femininity Series Part Two

Close your eyes for a moment and imagine what you consider to be a beautiful woman.

What did she look like specifically? What image do you have in your mind when you think of the word ‘beautiful’? What do you associate beauty with? What messages about beauty do you find yourself feeding into?

Our Perception of the Standard of Beauty

Black girls become aware of the societal standard of beauty at a young age. As children, we were unconsciously exposed to multiple messages about our skin, hair, body and features. Our appearances were scrutinized. We might’ve been told to stay out of the sun because our skin will get darker. We might’ve grown up in a household where we’d often see skin lightening creams behind our mirrors. We may have memories of the burning sensation of hair relaxers. Or we may even remember the smell of Royal Crown Hair Dressing and the sound of our hair sizzling because of the intense heat of the hot comb. We may have been told our noses were too wide or our lips were too big. With these experiences, we’ve been unconsciously trained to see our natural features as inferior to the societal standard of beauty. We’ve been taught to dislike our hair, skin and features. We might unconsciously associate natural hair with being unkept and nappy. We might associate our dark skin with dirt and mud. We might associate our black features with being unattractive. What are we basing these opinions on? The Eurocentric standard of beauty.

The messages and beliefs we hold about our skin, hair and features were formulated centuries before us. For centuries, society has pushed Eurocentric features as the standard of beauty. If you search “beautiful woman” on Google, very few black women appear. That reinforces an unconscious message that Eurocentric features are the standard of beauty.

By default, as women, we‘re judged by beauty expectations. But as black women, we’re judged further with the constant monitoring of our hair, skin color and other features. (This is amplified even further for darker skinned black women because of colorism).

There were a series of experiments done in the 1940s called The Doll Tests, that studied the psychological effects that racism had on black children. The children were sat down in front of two dolls—a black doll and a white doll—and were asked “which is the pretty doll?”, “which is the ugly doll?”, “which is the nice doll?” etc. The children chose the white doll for the positive questions and the reverse for the black doll. Black kids are taught early about what’s perceived as beautiful. The narrative that black women are unattractive is because of the Eurocentric beauty standard. Many black women can relate to being called “pretty for a black girl” which is a micro-aggression, not a compliment. The phrase “pretty for a black girl” gives an unconscious message that beauty and black womanhood aren’t synonymous, and that to be a beautiful black girl is rare. This is a false message that’s been unconsciously projected onto black women.

The Beauty Industry

“According to a WWD report, African American women spent $7.5 billion per year on beauty products. To top it off, we spent 80 percent more money on cosmetics and twice as much on skincare than the mainstream female market.” -African American Women and the Cost of Beauty

Despite spending the most on the beauty industry, black women have the least representation. It wasn’t until recently that brands began including shade ranges darker than tan and magazines began including more black women on their covers. Many black women can relate to buying makeup products that weren’t made with them in mind.

However, brands like Fenty Beauty and Beauty Bakerie have created their products to be inclusive to women of varying shades. Fenty Beauty has a large range of forty foundation shades that span from the fair skin to deep skin. Their products have positively impacted the beauty community to the point where the majority of women can now find their shade without having to mix multiple shades. And Beauty Bakerie even purposefully numbered their foundation shades with the darkest shades being first as opposed to last. This is important because of its effort in representing women who, for years, have struggled to find their shade. Instead of being an afterthought, black women are now being seen and heard.

The Importance of Representation

“My mother taught me the importance not just of being seen but of seeing myself. As the mother of two girls, it’s important to me that they see themselves too — in books, films, and on runways. It’s important to me that they see themselves as CEOs, as bosses, and that they know they can write the script for their own lives — that they can speak their minds and they have no ceiling.” - Beyonce

Representation is essential for black women and especially young black girls. Collectively, we must be seen. Individually, we must see ourselves. We need to be able to see ourselves outside of the false messages we’ve internalized. Representation matters because we think visually. We imagine words as images. To associate ourselves with beauty, we must see ourselves being represented as beautiful. This means regulating what we allow into our space. What are we watching? What are we engaging in on social media? What are we making posts about? What are we thinking about? What are we talking about? What are we seeing regularly? What are we reacting to? We have to ignore anything that clouds the perception we have of ourselves. We have to surround ourselves with what nourishes us.

We write the script of our lives by being mindful of what we invest in.

Investing in Ourselves

“Black women’s values spill over into all the things they watch, buy and listen to, and while they control the lion’s share of the African-American community’s $1.2 trillion in spending power, they are doing so with an eye toward the tangible and intangible value of those dollars spent.” - African-American Women: Our Science, Her Magic

Our attention is an investment. Our dollars are an investment. Our words are an investment. Our emotions are an investment. What are we investing in? Are we investing in what hinders us or are we investing in what affirms us?

We must invest in ourselves, both collectively and individually. On a collective level, we need to assess what we are feeding into. The more attention we give something, the more weight and importance it has in our lives. We must begin to debunk and eradicate what doesn’t serve us, as opposed to reacting emotionally to them.

We also need to support one another. We need to speak love and life into one another. We need to develop friendships and sisterhoods. We need safe spaces where we can be understood, heard and seen. We need to build connections. We need to uplift one another.

On an individual level, we must begin to rewrite the beliefs we hold of ourselves in our minds. This means both cultivating self-knowledge and also planting positive seeds in our minds. We cultivate self-knowledge by getting to know ourselves better. Read books about self improvement and black womanhood. Buy a journal and begin writing in it. Watch TED talks and listen to podcasts. Spend time with yourself and learn yourself. Become aware of the patterns you think and the emotions you feel. Plant positive seeds in your mind by introducing loving concepts to yourself. Write yourself a love letter. Practice affirmations. Write five things you’re grateful for every morning. Create a vision board with women who look like you doing the things you want to do. Beautify your surroundings. Invest in skincare products that work for you and makeup products that were formulated for your specific skin tone. Invest in clothes that make you feel feminine, confident and comfortable. Invest in cute decorations for your room that reflect your style and interests.

Treat yourself like a luxury. Treat your time like a luxury. Treat your space as a luxury. Hold high standards for what you allow into your life. Fill your life with what affirms you. Release what hinders you. See yourself as the standard of beauty and curate your consumption to match that.

3 Cultivate Femininity Within | Black Femininity Series Part Three

“Femininity is an internal expression before it is an external appearance.”

Femininity is essentially about expressing the fullness of your unique womanhood. Cultivating femininity is an inside job before all else. It’s about being honest with yourself and living in your truth.

The Foundation of Femininity

To express your femininity, you must feel safe and secure. The foundation of femininity is security. When we feel nurtured within ourselves and our environments, we grow more confident in our self-image and femininity.

The Art of Connection

Become more secure within by connecting with yourself. To connect within, practice being present. In the present moment, you can connect deeper with yourself and your intuition. When you notice yourself spending too much time in your head, take a moment to reconnect with your body. Breathe slowly, root yourself within and become aware of your senses. See, feel, hear, touch, smell. Become intentional with your movements. Stand tall with confidence and poise. Speak calmly and clearly. Pause more often. Be aware of your thoughts and feelings. Embrace the now and flow with it.

Become more secure in your environment by making constructive changes that are in your control. Avoid spending your time being distracted, endlessly scrolling through social media and comparing your life to the lives of others. Be present in your own life. Fill your days with more meaningful connections, love, knowledge and laughter. Be mindful of what you allow into your inner and outer space. Choose things that add value to your life in all areas.

Confidence & Self Image

“A flower doesn’t compete with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” — Zen Shin

Avoid placing other people on pedestals. Be concerned with yourself, your life and your goals. Try to avoid comparing yourself to other women. It’s never a competition, it’s an opportunity for sisterhood. Affirm and build relationships with other women. Know that there is enough for all of us.

In terms of both romantic and platonic relationships, know your worth and carry yourself with respect. Don’t settle for less than what your worth. Increase your standards and raise the bar higher for how you should be treated. Be sure that your friendships and relationships add to your life, not take away. Be around people who support, inspire, love, nurture and care for you.

In terms of yourself, who are you really? Go on a journey of self-exploration. Begin learning about yourself down to the details. Find ways to express yourself and embrace your individuality. Don’t be overly concerned with copying trends. Instead, create and experiment with your own personal style. Femininity is also about being creative. To nurture your creativity, take classes to such as writing, dancing, painting, sculpting, cooking and playing an instrument.

Be Receptive

“She was created to be kissed, loved, and given flowers every day.” — juansen dizon

Develop an abundance mindset. Believe you’re worthy of a quality life. Believe you’re worthy of having your needs met. Believe you’re worthy of love, peace and respect. Only accept things that matches what you truly want for yourself. Think higher and bigger. Become mindful of your self-talk and speak affirmations to yourself daily.

Be receptive to your blessings. Learn when to act and when to allow. By leaning back and allowing, you cultivate trust and faith which then allows life to flow with ease. Be like a cup and allow things to flow into your life.

Allow yourself to indulge in life’s simple pleasures. Allow yourself to be taken care of. Learn to accept compliments, gifts and help. Express gratitude and say ‘thank you’ more often. Let yourself feel: be warm, inviting, kind, vulnerable, emotional, sensitive and soft. Eradicate the any false connotation you have about those words in conjunction with femininity. There is power in being feminine. Being feminine allows you to become more attractive in the sense of attracting more love, ease and abundance into your life.

Elegance & Sophistication

“Her witty sensuality, her dignity, her growing charm,” — Josephine Balmer

Cultivate elegance by bringing more relaxation and calmness into your day. Incorporate more leisure into your day. Avoid trying to constantly overfill your day with too much obligations and tasks. That’ll lead to burn-out. Let there be periods of time in your day dedicated to ease and quiet. Give yourself moments in the day to release and rest.

Become the best version of yourself by committing to self-improvement. Develop your inner charisma by presenting yourself in high value and alluring way. Sharpen your social skills by learning etiquette. Travel more frequently, whether it be in your own city or to another country. Surround yourself with art & culture. Have personal hobbies: read literature, attend plays, visit museums, learn a new language, start journaling, take pictures, etc. Become educated on more topics and expand your intellect. Delve into your interests whether it be fashion, science, art, philosophy, psychology, anthropology or other subjects. Expand your taste in all areas of your life.

Take Care of Yourself

“I am mine, before I am ever anyone else’s.” — nayyirah waheed

To nurture yourself, begin to prioritize self-care. Treat yourself like luxury. Take care of your health, your happiness and your energy. Create constructive habits in your daily routines that benefit your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health. Habits such as eating healthier, exercising more, stretching, getting adequate sleep, taking deep breaths and more.

Be content in your solitude. Find validation and fulfillment within. Avoid looking to other people, places or things to fill a void within. Begin to see yourself as one of your main sources of love. Pour love, care and respect into yourself. Set healthy boundaries with other people. Be compassionate but don’t let others drain you. You can’t pour from an empty cup. When you pour into your own cup first, the overflow can then be given to others.

Put effort into your appearance and personal hygiene. When you look good, you feel good. Invest in quality perfumes and develop your signature scent. Fine tune your closet to clothing items that make you feel beautiful, feminine and confident. Add statement pieces and accessories to your outfits. Pamper yourself with face masks, manicures, pedicures, body exfoliations and more. Find skincare products that work for your skin. If you enjoy makeup, learn how to properly apply it to your specific skin tone and undertones. Work on presenting your best self daily until it becomes second nature.

Scan your personal space and begin to eradicate items that no longer add to your life. Let go of the old to create space for better. Donate, recycle and throw out old items that clutter your space. Add more beauty to your space. Decorate your home with items that make you feel good. Let your surroundings be a reflection of your personal vision.

Summary

Our femininity can be expressed when we feel secure within ourselves and our surroundings. We tap into our femininity when we feel nurtured and in tune with ourselves, our intuition, our senses and our environment. As we become more connected with ourselves, we’ll develop a more confident and positive self-image. We’ll become more receptive to the love, success and opportunity we know we deserve. We’ll create a quality life filled with abundance and substance. And we’ll learn to love and care for ourselves through it all.

4 Black Femininity Series Part Four | Dating & Romance

Masculinity & Femininity

In romance, there are two main polarizing energies: masculine & feminine. The masculine is the pursuing energy and the feminine is the receiving energy. There are both masculine and feminine energies within every man and woman, however, there’s usually more of one than the other. For example, a feminine woman or man will have more feminine energy within them as opposed to a masculine woman or man. And vice versa. Every man and woman can decide which energy they want to lead with when it comes to dating. If a woman wants to remain in her masculine energy, then she’ll attract a feminine partner (the partner can be either gender). For this post, I’m going to continue writing this from the perspective of a feminine woman wanting a masculine man.

The Imbalance

“…Feminine energy cannot thrive in a place where she’s forced to be the strong one.” — Seek Cindy

In part three of my femininity series, I stated: “To express your femininity, you must feel safe and secure. The foundation of femininity is security. When we feel nurtured within ourselves and our environments, we grow more confident in our self-image and femininity.”

Rachel Cargle wrote a post about the different types of securities which are listed as physical, intellectual, emotional and creative. I’m also going to add financial security to that list.

• Physical security means you’re physically protected and respected.
  • Intellectual security means that your intelligence and reasoning are regarded and esteemed.
  • Emotional security means you aren’t being gaslighted or manipulated. It also means you’re able to communicate and express yourself freely.
  • Creative security means that your interests and passions are encouraged and supported.
  • Financial security means you have enough in terms of income to have peace of mind regarding expenses.
Femininity cannot thrive in an atmosphere of struggle. Black women cannot be feminine in an atmosphere where they feel unprotected, neglected and unsafe. Black women cannot be feminine in an atmosphere that disregards her thoughts. Black women cannot be feminine in an atmosphere that expects her to always be strong. Black women cannot be feminine in an atmosphere that doesn’t support or affirm her. Black women cannot be feminine in an atmosphere that doesn’t meet her needs or provides security for her. Femininity is receptive meaning it is a receiving energy. If there is nothing to receive, then the energy turns masculine and pursues out of survival and scarcity. Many women haven’t been brought up in an environment that supports them being feminine and receiving security, love and abundance with ease. Instead, they learned to give and pursue, which results in an imbalance. To heal that imbalance, we must create security for ourselves through self care, education and external resources. We must recognize how our conditioning has impacted our mindset and behavior, then begin to change it.

Go Where You’re Celebrated

In the introduction to my femininity series, I stated: “The suppression of femininity in black women mainly has its roots in racism, colorism [and sexism]. The societal circumstances that many black women live in forces them to take on roles out of survival, not choice. Many black women have been conditioned to perceive femininity as weakness so, as a way of protecting themselves, they suppress it.”

To further describe the causes of the imbalance and lack of security black women often feel, we must look at topics such as racism, colorism and discrimination. Racism caused a myriad of rifts within the black community. Racism projects multiple stereotypes onto black women that suppress our femininity such as the “strong, independent black woman” stereotype, “the loud, angry black woman” stereotype, the “Mammy” stereotype, the “Jezebel” stereotype, the “Sapphire” stereotype and more.

• The “strong, independent black woman” stereotype perpetuates the idea of black women being “superwoman” and not needing protection.
  • The “loud, angry black woman” stereotype perpetuates the idea that we’re not allowed to express our emotions.
  • The Mammy stereotype perpetuates the idea of black women having no personal desire.
  • The Jezebel stereotype perpetuates the idea of the over-sexualization of black women and girls from an early age.
  • The Sapphire stereotype perpetuates the idea of black women not being soft, delicate or feminine.
Within the black community itself, there has been an issue with colorism. Black women have been degraded and overlooked by colorist black men. Colorist black men are often vocal about their preference to other races of women and as a result, they often compare us to them. Being torn down due to racism and colorism doesn’t create an ideal atmosphere for one to be feminine or soft in. In fact, it creates hardness and defensiveness as a result. We may often live in a shell out of protection, however, the shell also acts as a barrier to the life that we truly want. And for that reason, we must make an effort to heal from the mindsets and habits we’ve developed out of survival.

We have to leave the environments that hinder our womanhood. We have to break apart from the stereotypes projected onto us. We have to go where we’re celebrated. We have to know that what we want exists. We have to know that we’ll receive what we want when we stop entertaining what we don’t want. We have to open up our options in dating. We must remember our worth and reconnect with our femininity. We must raise our standards and stand firm in what we deserve.

To heal from our hardness and express our femininity, we have to seek and create security in our lives. We have to reject the “strong, independent woman” stereotype and seek physical security. We must reject the “Mammy” stereotype and seek intellectual security. We have to reject the “loud, angry black woman” stereotype and seek emotional security. We must reject the “Jezebel” stereotype and seek creative security. We must reject the “Sapphire” stereotype and seek financial security. We must seek what does support us and reject what doesn’t. In the introduction, I also stated the importance of regulating our attention and ignoring anything that may cloud our perceptions of ourselves. Don’t give racist men, colorist men and competitive women control over your emotions.

We have to change our mindsets. Know that your blackness and womanhood can coexist. You don’t have to choose one in spite of the other.

Scarcity vs. Abundance Mindset in Romance

In the introduction to my femininity series, I also spoke about the difference between having a mindset of scarcity and having a mindset of abundance. To summarize, a scarcity mindset, however, is a mindset of lack. Thinking scarcely means that you feel you don’t have enough and you won’t receive. An abundance mindset, however, is a mindset of confidence. Thinking abundantly means that you know you have enough and you will always receive. It’s important to be aware of which mindset you hold when it comes to romance because your mindset motivates your behavior.

A woman who thinks scarcely has a “pick me” mentality meaning she doesn’t see herself as worthy of love, respect or attention. A pick me woman overcompensates to improve her desirability to men in hopes of receiving validation all while putting down other women as well. She doesn’t feel she has much options and thus settles for and tolerates the bare minimum.

A woman who thinks abundantly has a high value mentality meaning she values herself and knows her worth. A high value woman is confident in her womanhood and doesn’t see other women as competition. She knows that she has options and therefore doesn’t settle for less.

A pick me woman wants to be a picked. A high value woman knows she’s the prize.

Pick Me Woman

• She chases after and pursues a man.
  • She puts down and fights other women over men.
  • She prioritizes a man’s happiness and needs over her own.
  • She has low self-esteem.
  • She gives more than she receives in a relationship.
  • She has low standards and accepts the bare minimum.
  • She tries to convince men to be with her by overcompensating and performing to receive his validation.
  • She uses her emotions as an excuse to justify her poor boundaries.
  • She is aggressive and confrontational.
  • She has a mindset of lack.

High Value Woman

• She knows that she’s the prize therefore she doesn’t chase or pursue men.
  • She always maintains her self worth and value by carrying herself with respect and care.
  • She puts herself first and says no to what doesn’t serve her without feeling guilty.
  • She doesn’t give more than she receives in relationships.
  • She is confident and has healthy self esteem.
  • She enforces her boundaries and standards.
  • She doesn’t beg or try to convince a man to be with her nor does she fight over men. She values herself enough to single and at peace rather than insecure in a relationship.
  • She’s receptive.
  • She has a mindset of abundance.

Struggle Love

“There are people who’re never really taught how to receive so their love language is in giving. This is not to mean that giving makes them feel loved, but rather when they are giving is the only time they feel worthy of love.” —Seek Cindy

Struggle love is the idea that black women must lower their standards for men and settle for relationships that do not benefit them and in fact, harm them and hold them back in life. (Source)

Struggle love romanticizes the idea of the “ride or die” womana woman who’s loyal to a man through a period of suffering and then is praised later. Struggle love is an imbalanced love because there’s no security for the woman. Instead, the woman is overcompensating and building with a man that should be providing for her.

Become aware of the negative conditioning you’ve unconsciously accepted that may have impacted you to think scarcely in romance. It is not normal to be treated poorly, to have to struggle for love or to be constantly overcompensating. Create a new standard for how you deserve to be treated and center your decisions around it. Be aware of any “superwoman complex” or “warrior mindset” you may have surrounding love that may keep you in codependency. It is not your job to save or build any man. Don’t settle for bare minimum behavior. Don’t fall into struggle love. Struggle love is just that—a struggle. Intimacy cannot properly foster in an environment of distress. Love isn’t meant to be a struggle. It’s not supposed to be difficult. Don’t entertain a man who does nothing for you but expects so much from you.

There are men who’ll give you the world on a silver platter.

Many women have a scarcity mindset when it comes to men where they settle and accept the bare minimum from a man. Have firm standards for what you want so you don’t settle or compromise. Not every man that pursues you will be an ideal contender because of the standards you hold for yourself. If you know that you don’t like certain qualities, do not entertain a man who has those. Don’t compromise what you want for fear of not receiving. Be smart about the man you choose—mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially. Know what you want in a relationships. Know your boundaries.

Know your non-negotiattbles.

Abundant Love

“Feeling safe to receive is vital part of creating abundance.” — Mastin Kapp

To summarize, the foundation of femininity is security. When you feel safe and secure, you can express your femininity and receive. When you’re receptive, you’ll begin to think abundantly. A woman who thinks abundantly has a high value mentality. A high value woman knows she’s the prize, carries herself with respect and knows she’ll always be provided for.

In dating, think with abundance as opposed to thinking about the “the one”. “The one” is a phrase used to describe your soulmate. If you date with the intention of finding “the one”, you’ll unconsciously subscribe every man you date to that standard. This can cause you to get eager and attached too early.

This can also cause you to get hurt if it doesn’t work out.

Instead, keep your options open and casually date multiple men as opposed to putting your eggs into one basket. Date, meaning, get to know them. Get to know what qualities you’re attracted to and compatible with. This doesn’t mean be intimate with the men during the dating stage but actually the opposite. Maintain mystery and detach. Don’t always be accessible to men. Create space for men to pursue you and put effort into your life. Casually dating will allow you to compare and contrast each man’s level of interest in you. It’ll also allow you to maintain a high value mentality as opposed to a pick me mentality. Become exclusive to the man that continuously puts effort and expresses his interest in you through commitment.

Femininity in Romance

“Be a man’s muse, not his mule.” — Andrea Nicole Watson

Masculine men love to pursue feminine women. The man has to like you more than you like him. Never love a man more than he loves you. Never love a man more than you love yourself.

Allow a man to invest in you. Allow men to pursue you. Allow them to them initiate thoughtful dates and give you meaningful gifts. Allow yourself to be pampered, cherished, spoiled and adored. Allow a man to work hard to make sure you have the lifestyle you desire. Make him put effort in for your time and attention. Allow him to take care of you.

By instinct, men find enjoyment in pursuing, protecting and providing the woman they want. Remember, you’re the prize. Let a man work hard and invest in you to win you over. Don’t overcompensate for a man. Don’t try to prove yourself to him by performing. Men fall in love with what they can do for you, not what you do for them. Let a man be a provider and allow yourself to receive. You deserve the best in love. Allow yourself to receive a love that is abundant and true.

You Are The Prize

As women, we have to always remember that we’re the prize. Meaning we are meant to be pursued and chased after. Our feminine energy is attractive—meaning when we tap into our femininity, we attract men to us. As the prize, you have to lead with your femininity, be confident and take care of yourself. Leading with your feminine energy means you have to be receptive. You have to allow men to approach you. Use the last two suggestions to be strengthen your receptivity: being with confidence and taking care of yourself. Be with confidence by knowing you’re a beautiful and worthy woman deserving of love, respect and care. Have an abundance mindset and self-respect to not accept anything less than what you deserve. Strengthen this mentality by also taking care of yourself. Take care of your health, your happiness and your energy. Put effort into your appearance and personal hygiene. When you look good, you feel good. Be high maintenance—always keep yourself looking good primarily out of self love, self-esteem and self-respect. Present yourself with your beauty, femininity and grace. Dress in feminine clothes that compliment your body. Keep your makeup and hairstyles looking good. Make sure your hygiene is always on top of its game. Invest in good perfumes. The relationship you have with yourself sets the foundation for the relationships you have with other people. You must truly love yourself, see yourself as worthy, treat yourself like a luxury and move accordingly. It all begins with you.

I want black women to know we’re all deserving of love, peace, opportunity, stability, respect, joy and abundance. I want us to know that there’s always enough. I want more black women to have an abundance mindset. A growth mindset. A wealth mindset. I want us to be on a path of continuous self-improvement— always getting better. I want us to continue loving and supporting each other. I want us to focus on creating better for ourselves and those around us. I want us to think higher and bigger.

Source: https://blackfemininity.tumblr.com/

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 10: Be like Children; Not Childish but Childlike

I know we had a lot of trouble with this challenge last year. It can often be very very hard to find that balance between being an adult but still having FUN. Playtime is very important. It helps you stay present, in the moment, light, airy, fun, and playful while getting away from the logic and more into the heart by focusing on your feelings. As an adult, when we make time for play, we think of playing games on your iphone or watching TV. However, take a step back. What are ways you could "play" like a child? Have a tickle fest? Play board games? Color in a adult coloring book? Paint? Go skiing. Run around the house being silly. Go to the beach and act silly making sandcastles and have fun playing with water.

https://fascinatingwomanhood.com/bl...d-mini-class-why-is-childlikeness-so-powerful

What is childlikeness? It’s a way of responding to another person, particularly our husbands or potential husbands. It borrows the charm and innocence of a child that is devoid of sarcasm, bitterness or hate—yet gets the message across.

One example was a man who woke up grumpy and took it out on his wife. She responded with, “You mean thing. I’m going to burn your pancakes if you aren’t nice to me”.

Another example of a childlike response to an insensitive or rude comment a husband might make about the tough pork chops his wife just served him could be, “How could you be so mean to me? I only made these old pork chops because I thought you liked them”. There are endless responses to endless thoughtless behaviors.

Of course, the way these responses are said makes a difference too. Childlikeness is mostly pretense, not real anger. You recognize that he is just taking you for granted or taking something out on you, not thinking about what he says.

Never use words that belittle his masculinity such as calling him “stupid, ugly, dumb, etc.” Words that compliment his maleness work best and might include: “You brute”, or “You big meanie” and other phrases that make him seem bigger than he already is. Exaggerate by saying things like “I’ll never speak to you again” or “How could you be so mean to a poor little girl like me?”

Sometimes women look at their husbands from under lowered lashes after they’ve delivered their childlike line just to see his response, then huff out of the room when they see an amused expression on his face.

Some women have told me they are so scared of trying childlikeness for the first time, they practice beforehand. But that’s perfectly okay. I’ve heard many women say, once they got the hang of it, they almost look forward to their husbands being thoughtless again so they can deliver another childlike response and see the amusement and then tender comeback from their husbands.

Study childlikeness. Practice childlikeness. It’s an amazing part of Fascinating Womanhood and can not only diffuse those many situations that result in human thoughtlessness, but can deepen and strengthen your marriage.

*Word of caution: Childlikeness is not for situations where deep hurt has occurred such as if you just found out he has cheated on you or has seriously abused you.

Some Examples:
Example 1: Have joy when your man buys you a present.
Over exaggerate it. "Ohhhh this is the most beautiful set of flowers I’ve ever seen." Girl those flowers aren't THAT beautiful. It doesn't matter. Lie. It's part of your feminine expertise. You have to be an actor.

Example 2: Play it up "I just love it when my man takes care of me and buys me flowers!" We know you're used to this behavior. You're a feminine woman after all. You deserve and are used to this. We get it. Still play it up.

Example 3: Be like a little girl at times. Kiss him, give him nonsexual touch, and swoon.
“Big stubborn man, you’re not going to get angry at little poor me.”

Example 4: Wink at him sometimes and then run off giggling like you just can't stop laughing.

Example 5: *Only do this if both of you all are playful like this* Run in the room and shoot him with a water gun or throw water on him. Scream and giggle when he tries to chase you. Be playful.

Example 6: Make things that’s only said between you and him like you allare back in school. Chimamanda’s book the girl calls her boyfriend ceiling. Everyone always asked why and she said it was because he was sooo y’all and smirked to him. That wasn’t the answer. It was something sexual but it helped build intimacy between the boy and girl

Example 7: Peacelover said every time she works out her husband playfully throws water on her to”cool her off”. She throws water back and laughs lol and just takes time to play with him.

Example 8: Just act silly. Be playful. Tickle each other or allow yourself to be tickled. Get the rent/mortgage money and”make it rain” on your man. Play hide and seek. Act out some scenes. Just BE PRESENT.

Example 9: Say stuff like *pouts* I’m never going to talk to you again. Then look up at him with those big pretty brown eyes to pretend like you’re checking if he is hearing you.

Example 10: Let’s say he wants you to drive. Talk in a feminine seeet sing song child-like voice “Oh baby I’m too scared to drive. What if something hits us. You drive way better than me. I’m just too scared.” Be an actress

Example 11: When you're in the mall hold his hand. When you go to a store that you would like to get something from get excited and say Oh my gosh I love this store. Act like a kid in a candy store. Act like you're just DRAWN to go inside. Hold the clothes up next to you. Oh my gosh I think this would look soooo cute on me. Put the dress on. Don't zip the back. Ask if he could help you zip the dress up (so he can picture him undressing yourself in it). Just take in the whole experience and lavish in it like a child.

Example 12: He said something kind of rude. “Just because you're so handsome doesn't mean you can speak to me like that, mister!”

Example 13: He criticizes you for something. “You may be hairy as a bear but I'm not going to let you growl at me!”

If you're not in the habit of asking your man to do things for you (probably because you feel he should already know or be doing these things....) make sure to put please at the end. For example. Get the groceries out the car on your way out......pleeeeeeease (big strong man). Wink at him. Make sure you look him in the eye and be girly. Play it up a little bit.

Week 10 Challenge

1. Practice saying some kind of child-like phrase once a day.
2. Practice asking your SO or a man to do something for you that you would probably normally do each day. (Can you pass me the loaf of bread...please)
3. How could YOU play one day this week? How could you PLAY with others?

Over exaggerate it. "Ohhhh this is the most beautiful set of flowers I’ve ever seen." Girl those flowers aren't THAT beautiful. It doesn't matter. Lie. It's part of your feminine expertise. You have to be an actor.

:lol:

I like #2, ask for help with something you normally do yourself. I don't have a man to experiment with *sigh* but I have a healthy dose of guy friends.

How is everyone doing on this challenge?

I had the BEST mini massage just now, from my babies. Did you know that having Lego rubbed across your body can be quite relaxing?

They were so cute and so enthusiastic. It actually did feel good because they were gentle and warned me that when they were going to use the sharp pieces that might scratch. :lol:

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 11: Let's Get Some Sunshine

Let's Get Some Sunshine

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty anywhere."

Let's focus on the ability to just BE. Get in touch with your feelings. How does it feel to feel the warmth of the sun on your cheeks? How does it feel to run and let all your problems run away with it. This week let's focus on our feelings by connecting with nature. Exchange your screen time for some green time. When sunshine begins hitting the skin, it begins a process that leads to the creation and activation of vitamin D. Studies suggest that this vitamin helps fight certain conditions, from osteoporosis and cancer to depression and heart attacks.

Getting some sunshine could include numerous activities. Maybe you want to go cycling, a small hike in a state park, take the kiddies to the park and be present and take everything in. Have fun with them! Take a nice walk in your neighborhood. Take the latest stab at earthing and take those shoes off and let your toes nestle into the sand/grass.

Think about it. Nature does not hurry, yet everything is STILL accomplished. Why the rush? Slow Down. Take in the EXPERIENCE and not the end result. Make it a ritual if you need to.

Week 11 Challenge
1. Go outside and do an outside activity. Blow bubbles, plant flowers, go for a walk on a nature trail. Try earthing. Go for a bike ride. Take the time to take enjoy life around you.

2. Continue to focus on not rushing. Take your time. In the grocery store, at your job, getting ready for bed, enjoying your home, cleaning, driving. Slow down. Focus on one thing at a time. Take in the beauty all around you. Be present.

3. How do you feel when you are outside?

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 12: Looking with Fresh Eyes

@PrissiSippi 's story:

My dog died this week. My life changed in the blink of an eye. I let him out to go to the bathroom at 6:00 a.m. At 6:45 I noticed he never came back from my back yard. My son asked "Where is Loui?" over and over and I reluctantly had to leave to go to work and I made plans of coming back to let him in on my lunch break. I pulled out of the driveway and turned the corner and I saw my cute lil puppy in the road. I cried, cried, and cried mostly because I knew I would never see him after this day.

All that to say, the next day I remembered EVERYTHING. I usually get annoyed. He wakes me up so loudly. I hear him as he barks barks barks with CONVICTION and wants me to take him out NOW. He eats his food ONLY if you stand right there by him and say, "Loui eat." He feels so soft and cuddly as I stroke his head while reading articles and watching tv. He always smells like the fresh smell of grass because despite me bathing him weekly....he just loves the grass and he loves to play.

Until he had died, I had forgotten all of this. It had become my normal. I mean he does all of this every single day. And even though he brought me so much joy, you forget how powerful every little thing makes you feel. Sadly, it took his death to look at him with appreciation and with fresh eyes. What are you taking advantage of this week? What could you be grateful about?

Another example is when you go into a kitchen. You instantly smell the aroma of freshly cooked food because it's hits you. You feel it intensely at first in your stomach. Mmmmm you can't WAIT to eat. However, after 5 minutes, you don't notice the smells anymore. Does this mean the food got less yummy? No...but you just got used to it being there.

You may have to start small. If he wants to hold your hand, relax and really really laser focus on the feelings from holding his hand. Can you feel the grooves in his hand. Can you feel the soft warm squeeze on his fingers as they lace through your fingers. RELAX. Feel yourself becoming more receptive and open to your feelings and sensations. Squeeze his feelings back. Let go of thoughts of the future. Stay in the present. By starting small you can easily train yourself to move on to hugs and then kisses and then more. Stay receptive and open to what comes next. Stay present.

Recently my ex-husband brought me some food. In my head, I said something to the lines of "He couldn't even do that when he was at home." That's an example of living in the past. I made the decision to breathe in and out, I slowed, down, and instead just said "Thank You!" and smiled. Of course, we all have boundaries. My boundary hasn't changed (to remain divorced) but my mindset to make a conscious choice to enjoy the present, can.

We need boundaries in order to keep us emotionally and physically safe. However, we don’t have to bring our past experiences with toxic or tough people to every interaction with them and we don’t have to replay old movies in our head of how we already know them and what they are all about.

Pure presence in the moment and seeing things with fresh eyes helps your CEO (masculine brain) shut off and relax. It is so much more meaningful and, in fact, fun, to just go with the flow, remain receptive, and see what happens. Like the memory of my dog, once things become familiar to us we no longer see them. However, as it relates to being feminine, we must make the effort to stay in the present see things fresh.

When we’re fresh and present, everything expands to be more fully and authentically alive…you notice everything. The smell of your mother's roses when you enter her driveway. The sight of a flower coming out for the first day of spring. They way your child wrinkles their nose when they see you after school. You see the beauty of life around you. We open life up and we live authentically. The simple choice to use your senses, be present, and to see things fresh brings the frequency of love that is all there really is to see.

Keep the focus on you. Keep your focus on the present. Every day make the choice to see things with fresh eyes.

Week 12 Challenge

1. Take the time this week to be very present. How do you feel? What did you do?

2. Continue to focus on not rushing. Take your time. Look at life like this was your first day seeing it. Notice the beauty in flowers. Notice how your children smile so innocently when exposed to new things. Take in your friends' excitement over seeing/spending time with you. Slow down. Focus on one thing at a time. Take in the beauty all around you. Be present.

3. What/Who could you look at with fresh eyes?

Hey Ladies! How are things coming along with this challenge?

I've managed to host three little brunches/dinners for my household and it was quite nice.

Over the past 3 weeks, I've had two Boss Brunches for the kids (one I squeeked in before February ended and the second this past week during March Break) and then yesterday we had we had a small High Tea, which I usually do in the summer when we can go strawberry picking. I'm not the greatest cook, so breakfast foods are easy for me to do and putting it all together makes me feel feminine and matronly.

February's Brunch

LHCF_FebBrunch1.jpg LHCF_FebBrunch2.jpg

Don't mind the burnt pancakes. :look:

March's Brunch

LHCF_MarBrunch1.jpg

LHCF_MarBrunch2.jpg

High Tea

LHCF_MarHighTea.jpg

We do made separate sandwiches and tea for the children.

I like meals like this because it takes the pressure off of making one (full) meal for the day -- dinner when we have brunch and lunch when we have tea. That takes the stress off of me from having to figure out what to feed everyone when they don't know what they want to eat. A happy Snoop is a feminine Snoop.

I haven’t been the most consistent with this thread. Apologies. Trying to catch up now. I think I’ll plan a brunch for this coming Sunday!
As for appearance, I’ve been in jeans and sneakers since the first frost. I teach and work outdoors so I’m constantly getting dirty and stepped on etc. But once the weather breaks I plan to get back into some nicer items. I hate wearing sneakers all the time! I do not wear makeup to work because I’m too lazy to get up in the morning. I just picked up some foundation with spf in it last week, and I like that a lot. Doesn’t wear off on my mask too much either. I see that there’s been mention of wearing bold lipstick and full beat faces but that’s not something I can get behind. The vast majority of the time, people who wear beat faces are shocking with just their regular face. The difference is so huge that they become unattractive (to me). Id like to avoid that let down lol

I haven’t been the most consistent with this thread. Apologies. Trying to catch up now. I think I’ll plan a brunch for this coming Sunday!
As for appearance, I’ve been in jeans and sneakers since the first frost. I teach and work outdoors so I’m constantly getting dirty and stepped on etc. But once the weather breaks I plan to get back into some nicer items. I hate wearing sneakers all the time! I do not wear makeup to work because I’m too lazy to get up in the morning. I just picked up some foundation with spf in it last week, and I like that a lot. Doesn’t wear off on my mask too much either. I see that there’s been mention of wearing bold lipstick and full beat faces but that’s not something I can get behind. The vast majority of the time, people who wear beat faces are shocking with just their regular face. The difference is so huge that they become unattractive (to me). Id like to avoid that let down lol

Brunch sounds like a wonderful idea. Were you able to host one?

I totally hear you with wearing things for comfort over fashion if you are subjected to cold. I get cold easily, even indoors. I'm a SAHM so my uniform is primarily jogging pants since not having to leave the house the past two years, but these past two weeks I've bumped things up to jeans and tshirts. I'm hoping to do the same as you and wear nicer/cuter things once the weather warms up and I can feel comfortable temperature-wise.

Which foundation did you buy? I totally agree with you that if you go out to the max all of the time, then when it's time to dress up you don't look "special". I've been trying to find this video for years, but there was a Wayne Goss video that talked about how to highlight and contour but to your natural highlights and shadows. (I'll look again and post it if I find it.) It makes for a much more natural finished look if you're wearing foundation and then you can play with more subdued eyes and lips for an everyday look and then go bolder with everything when it's time to go out.

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour

Week 13: Communicating in LOVE

Adapted from: https://the20minuteguide.com/partners/helping-with-words/communicating-love-listening/

Venn-1024x1024.jpg

LOVE is four verbs: Listening, Offering, Validating, and Empathizing

Listening

Take your time. Even if you ARE rushed for time, take the time to slow down. Ask open ended questions related to what your child, spouse, signficiant other, coworker, family/friends are saying. Example: Tell me what did you like most about your day?

Offering

If there is a problem use the sandwich technique.
Refrain from giving unsolicited advice but be open to help within your boundaries.

Validating

• This means acknowledging another person’s experience without needing to qualify it in any way.
  • This means making them feel accepted even if you don't fully agree with their viewpoints.
  • This includes not criticizing, controlling, or unnecessarily correcting them.

Empathizing

This involves truly feeling “where the other person is coming from"
Use your feelings statements to convey that you understand the situation and point of view
  • “wow, that seems like it would feel really nerve-wracking”
  • “that would have made me feel upset too”
  • "I can feel your happiness coming through the phone"

Week 13 Challenge
1. Make time to practice your ability to communicate with love. Make time to see things with fresh eyes and be excited about each and every moment you spend with your loved ones. Seeing things with fresh eyes, take the time to slow down, be very present, and offer LOVE to everyone you meet while remaining open, receptive, flowy, and sweet on the outside (strong on the inside in your boundaries)

2. How could you increase your A behaviors to your loved ones? (Appreciation, Admiration, and Affirmation)

3. How could you increase the emotional safety of your loved ones?

I’m not apart of this grouping but this has been a interesting thread. So much feels mechanical but I think finding that balance of your best version is key. Operating from a place of self love and joy I swear makes tapping into your feminine self easier.

I’m not apart of this grouping but this has been a interesting thread. So much feels mechanical but I think finding that balance of your best version is key. Operating from a place of self love and joy I swear makes tapping into your feminine self easier.

You should join us. We'd welcome the company.

How does one partake in the festivities?

Each week I post prompts and people are welcome to share what they did to accomplish the prompts. You can also request an accountability partner to ensure that you follow through with enhancing your femininity each week. :)

You're more than welcome to also post videos, blog posts, articles, pictures from your daily life, inspirational quotes, whatever you wish to help motivate and inspire us.

I'm not the original host of this challenge... I need to do a better job of posting motivation for the group.

Change Your Vibe and Become A High Value Woman

b8544b3a6ac4fbe26378814b94deb84e.jpg

1. Challenge+Investment+ Self-love = High value
    1. Stay physically fione. How? Make time for you EVERYDAY. Make it intentional.

2. She doesn't give in so easily or even quickly. Make him work for EVERY little thing you give him (your time, your dates, your presence, your phone calls, your hand in marriage).

3. Only accept the BEST from him.

4. Make him court you with consistent dates. She understands that if he's not dating you, he's not showing you off. And if he is not showing you off, he doesn't like you THAT MUCH.

5. Make him stay consistent in his investments without nagging about it...LEAVE. Accept or Reject.

6. Inspire him to pursue, protect (physically, publicly, and emotionally), provide, and please you
  2. Learn to say NO without guilt. If he can’t date you? NO you don’t get to do this. Goodbye. Block History Month.

3. You deserve to save your deep conversations for real dates. You don't mindlessly stay on the phone. You have a life.

4. It all starts mentally. A high value woman believes you are the air he needs to breathe, the passion that fires his soul, the peace that covers his heart, and the playfulness that lights him up. YOU ARE THE PRIZE and you act accordingly.

5. She spends time with like minded women that will activate her femininity.

6. She refrains from being over giving, overfunctioning, chasing, begging, trying to please, being too accommodating, acting too nice, going for low value men.

7. She understands being single and happy is better than being in a relationship and miserable.

8. She leads with her femininity. She controls her mouth. Control what comes out of your mouth. Even in the most delicate of situations you know how to say it femininely and not tell men what to say. Instead you ask.

9. Don’t self-sabotage.

10. Stay in the present. Don’t dwell in the past or future. Just now. (Oh I don’t want to talk about that. I just want to focus on right now.)

11. Don’t be attention seeking and needy. He doesn't owe you a phone call everyday even if he should Stay in observation mode. Have your own fulfilling life. Don't be clingy if he doesn't call, instead fill up your calendar with other things to do.

12. Get in touch with how you feel. Use a lot of feeling messages to lead verbally with your femininity.

13. You create tension through distance/space, warmth/softness (dripping honey), and boundaries.

14. She graciously receives from a man. She receives more than she gives. She doesn't try to OUTDO his giving, because she realizes that he LIKES to give to her. And the more he invests in her the MORE he loves her.

15. She knows and acts like she is the prize.

16. You put your needs first and can say NO without guilt or explanation. NO means NO.

17. You learn how to not tolerate bad behavior, disrespect or his sexual frustrations.

18. You can genuinely receive and not say, “Oh no; it’s alright” or always accept the convenient answer. when he says, “Thank you for an amazing night” don’t say “You too.” Stay in your feminine. Stay receiving. “My pleasure honey!” is your default. You protect yourself with your boundaries when he expects more.

19. Be a woman he can’t afford to lose BUT be easy to lose! You’re easy to lose. He messes up...you’re NOT afraid to leave him. There are PLENTY of fish in the sea. You will leave a man that disrespects or mistreats her.

20. She enforces her standards and boundaries.
    1. She doesn’t get pressured into giving up sex for the fear of being alone, rejected, or etc.

2. Doesn’t give girlfriend/wife benefits without the title and until her needs are met.

3. Expects courtship and dates. Will not let a man who doesn’t value her or add value to her enter her life. She KNOWS that women experience sex in a more emotional way so she requires emotional insurance though dates, gifts, and favors.
  21. Leans back so far that you’re lying down when he’s stupid.

22. A high value woman doesn’t cling to people or experiences. She can leave those that are not for the best of her. She is STRATEGICALLY SELFISH.

23. She doesn’t commit to a guy who hasn’t committed to her. She doesn’t take on a girlfriend role. She doesn’t want a guy who does not want her. She is turned off by wishy-washy guys.

24. She has a happy, self-confident, emotionally healthy energy. She VERY INFREQUENTLY appears to be unhappy or unlucky.

25. She ALWAYS has other options.

26. She is a truly empowered woman, who knows herself, knows what she wants, and never settles for any less than she deserves. She has a list of what she wants and she REJECTS EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT THAT. She doesn't start acting masculine when he doesn't give her what she wants. She doesn't convince him. She is ALWAYS prepared to walk away gracefully.

27. She is NEVER clingy. The opposite of easy to lose is clingy.

28. She NEVER tries to fix or change a man. She STAYS in observation mode. She accepts him or rejects him. (You cant change ANYTHING on a man other than his diaper).

29. Focusing and worrying about the future destroys what you have in the present. She stays in the PRESENT. She doesn't focus on who he USED to be or his POTENTIAL. She ONLY loves what she's getting RIGHT NOW.

30. She knows how to be present, laugh, connect with joy, and have FUN. She is very jovial, playful, and appropriately silly.

31. A high-value woman also loves her life as it is. She sees love everywhere and welcomes love from everywhere and that love adds to her value further. She sees the glass half-full, instead of half-empty. She's not desperate by any means."

32. A high-value woman knows how to seduce a man with her feminine mystique.

33. She is the Upgrade. She is the Prize. Her presence is highly valuable because:
    1. What guy doesn't love the ever-positive energy she projects to the world?

2. What guy can shun such a powerful feminine presence and radiance?

3. What guy can resist a seductive woman whose only power is her feminine presence?
  34. She has power and self-confidence. He is free to leave anytime to pursue his happiness. She cares about his happiness, but she doesn’t NEED him to be happy. SHE makes herself happy.

35. She is easy to lose. He feels like a hero to her but if he snoozes he feels he will lose.

36. She has her own life. She can leave and do her own things in her own space. She enjoys her me time and creates beautiful things separate from her relationships.

37. She doesn’t try to change him. She accepts him or rejects him.

38. She is warm, affectionate, loving, but FIRM in her boundaries.

39. Have a high degree of difficulty. You have strong boundaries. You can easily leave but hard to forget. She doesn’t care about being easy for a man… she’s on a personal mission to be difficult. In fact, she’s damn near impossible unless she’s getting everything she wants, before, not after, she lets a man become intimate with her. A woman with a High Degree of Difficulty doesn't need a man. She likes a man, but she doesn't need him. And she won't chase him, either.

40. She values her time and doesn’t let others waste it. (No last minute dates, no netflix and chill dates, no pre-dates.)

41. She does not lead with her career or degrees even if she has them. It's WAY more that she is aside from her career. Her TRUE power is in her femininity not all her accomplishments. She let's him be the man and lead and doesn't have to compete with him even though she's pretty darn impressive.

42. She is very present. She just enjoys life at the given moment. (She is involved in many hobbies. She’s not always in her phone.)

43. She knows she has choices when it comes to men. She’s not afraid to leave because she knows someone else is out there.

44. She has clear boundaries and knows how she will and will not be treated.
    1. The only thing making him feel like he can treat you however he wants and you’ll stick around anyway, is you and your own misguided feeling of loyalty and commitment to him.

2. She has a change of attitude, which will often be the key to transforming the entire relationship. It means you give yourself permission to entertain other possibilities.

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour
@Plushottie

Week 14: Take the Help
The more you allow men to invest and help you, the more they fall in love with you. The key in this is letting the cape go.

Many people downplay compliments to avoid the appearance of conceit. It’s so common that sociolinguists have categorized the three responses to a compliment: acceptance, deflection or rejection. Learn to humbly accept compliments, favors, resources, and help.
Many will say they don't accept the help, because they don't want anyone thinking that they owe them anything. Get this....YOU DON'T OWE THEM ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF A THANK YOU. That's it. However, if someone offers you a gift or favor, learn to accept it. Remember, the more you learn to receive, the more you have the capacity to receive.

If you want to increase your receptivity, take time to pick up every penny you come across. Take the time to laugh at every flower you come across and admire it's beauty. Walk through every door men open for you. That cupcake your coworker wanted to give you...TAKE IT. (Discreetly discard of it if you don't want it.) Before you start each day, take time to meditate and offer your deepest gratitude to the Universe/God. Feel WORTH of someone feeling you are awesome enough to GIVE to. Refrain from being superwoman. LET others love all on you/ help you.

Week 14 Challenge
1. Practice taking compliments. Every time some one says, “That’s a nice dress” or “You plook nice today”, don’t down play it. Say thank you and smile. Take it all in. You DESERVE every single compliment someone gives to you.

2. Take the help. If someone offers to help you....don't say I got it. If someone says do you need help taking these bags in or doing xyz...accept it. Say thank you and smile and let the universe help you.

@PrissiSippi
@snoop
@Sosoothing
@LostInAdream
@awhyley
@avi1derful
@NaturalEnigma
@MamaBear2012
@TrueSugar
@long.hair.dont.care
@kupenda
@tinkat
@Black Ambrosia
@SpiritJunkie
@danniegirl
@MissNina
@Belle Du Jour
@Plushottie

Week 15: Feminine Mystique PART TWO

NOTE: THIS POST CONTAINS MANY ASPECTS OF MARRIAGE THAT PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT. IT ALSO INVOLVES PROTECTING YOU WHICH MAY INVOLVE DECEPTION OR KNOWING HOW TO PLAY YOUR CARDS SO YOU ALWAYS ARE OKAY. IF THIS IS NOT MORAL TO YOU OR MAKES YOU UNEASY PLEASE REFER TO LAST YEAR'S FEMININE MYSTIQUE POST. IT CAN BE FOUND HERE.
The flip side that folks rarely talk about

If you marry an alpha male:

• He probably works a demanding job, which means he isn't home as often as you'd like...meaning you'll carry the weight of the child-raising and won't have as much time for yourself.
  • He likely has a dominant/alpha male personality and if he isn't refined, it may come across as controlling. (learn how to recognize this so you can nip it in the bud ASAP)
  • If you aren't confident and fully assured of your value and what you bring to the table, guilt/resentment and a whole host of other issues can creep in
  • One person carrying all the finances can have its stressful moments and it can be draining in so many ways. This means you NEED to look for other ways to keep the spark in your relationship and STAY ready so you don't have to get ready.
  • You still need to be able to articulate your worth and perhaps even attach a dollar value to it because most men with this mindset view everything in a "dollar & cents" type of way and if it dont make dollars it dont make sense to them.
You need feminine mystique.
Feminine Mystique on Stroking His Ego/Getting Things Done for You:
Men will say little things such as, “Oh you paid for your nails before me. How were you getting it done then?”. Your reply should be something like, "Oh my daddy did it before. But since I have a man now, they depend on YOU to do it since you’re the man." He doesn’t need to know you were paying for it or another man was paying for it. This is your feminine allure and mystique. He is more apt to take care of you when he believes you have ALWAYS been taken care of.

Him: I thought about what you did boo. You don’t listen to me. You: baby I always listen to you. Boo you remember when you told me not to drive fast. I stopped. Boo I thought about what you said about xyz, and I felt inspired to... You may have to lie at times. You probably still drive fast. Maybe he didn't inspire you and your friends actually pushed you....stroke his ego within reason. Let him THINK you respect him if it means it will give you MORE.

Him: For you to not have much money, you have money to get your hair done.
You: Oh this hair is old and my best friend installed it for free. You know I don't have any money.

Let's say yall are breaking up. You are making the choice to move out or at least you want HIM to think that you want to break up. Tell him you’re moving in with a friend. Don’t tell him who the friend is. Lie. Say something like well they gave me a pamphlet on abuse and they said don’t tell your abuser where you’re moving to so I can’t tell you. Keep your intentions HIDDEN.
You CANNOT be afraid to lose him. YOU ARE THE PRIZE.

When you’re dating or in a relationship don’t ever say stuff like Oh...you spend $150 a week in groceries? I could do it for $100 a week. (He will often give you LESS than what you asked for. Instead get his $150 a week and pocket the extra or buy extra groceries.)

Don't ever say things such as, "Oh I’m not a girl that needs to be taken out." "Oh I don’t ever need my nails done like those others girls." Even if it’s true. This is your feminine mystique. That’s you auditioning for a role, plus it hurts you when you try to do tricks like above. Remember you ALWAYS get less than what you bargained for. Keep the bar HIGH.

Feminine Mystique As It Relates to 50/50
When men say they want to go 50/50 that means on the bills. It does NOT mean on the cleaning, childcare responsibilities, cooking, and etc. Because of this, the girl ends up with the short end of the stick because she ends up paying half of the bills AND doing most of the cleaning, childcare, and cooking. Don't be fooled. HOWEVER feminine mystique will help. You have to have the mindset that: If he won’t balance the workload I will.

Example 1: Him: Boo I need you to pay half of the electricity bill. You: Oh I ain’t got it. I would if I could. (
Example 2: Do what you have to do to get it done. I have a friend that got on Adderall to get through her nursing program. Do YOU but be smart about it. KEEP IT PRIVATE. Just keep your goal as your focus and ACCOMPLISH THAT ISH...PRIVATELY

Feminine Mystique as it Relates to Getting Money
Example 1:
My cousin’s husband gives her no money and she was wearing old clothes so I'm like go to Kroger and buy a $100 Nordstrom card every month so you can buy yourself something. (Keep your end goal as your focus and accomplish it privately.)
Example 2: Every time you go to the store and use the card, get cash back, even if you start out small like $20-25. Just get it and put it in your own account.”
Example 3: Let’s say you go to the grocery store. Ask for His card casually and say, "Hey boo; I need to buy some groceries for us at the store. Let me see your card. The first few times do what you’re supposed to do and spend a low amount. However, over time increase that amount. Either ask for cash back or buy a gift card to a store you like. This is the way you have money (from him) to get your nails done, dermatologist, new clothes, makeup, or even to save as “forget you money” in your feminine mystique account. $100 a week adds up!
Example 4: When you ask for money, ask for MORE than what you need. If you need to get your car fixed for example and it costs $200, ask for $300. This way if they only give you half ($150) you still have most of the money. If he gives you the full amount....pocket the extra in your savings.
Example 5: Don't tell him the total amount of money you make. Downplay it. Say these days are slow. LIE.

Feminine Mystique as it Relates to Leaving Him
Example 1:
Tell him you’re moving in with a friend. Don’t tell him who the friend is. Lie. Say something like well they gave me a pamphlet on domestic abuse and they said don’t tell your abuser where you’re moving to so I can’t tell you.
Example 2: Tell him that you will be moving out of state for a job. Put flight details out on the table. Make him chase you. Make him afraid to LOSE YOU.
Example 3: Let’s say you’ve been talking to your mom how he is abusive and you want to leave him. He counteracts with you don’t need to talk to your mom so much. She’s manipulative. She doesn’t want you to have anything. Say you’re right. Tell HIM you stopped talking to your mom. Talk to your mom when he is not around. Talk to her in the car or when you’re at work or running errands. Talk to her privately. He doesn’t have to know! Your mom is sometimes the only one that will give you real advice. Don’t let him isolate you from people who unconditionally love you.

Feminine Mystique as it Relates to KEEPING THE FOCUS ON YOU
I have a friend that looks so frumpy. She stays up all night with the baby so she has horrible crow's feet. Her husband said they didn't have money for things and needed to scale back so she scimps and dimes on keeping herself. She dyes her hair herself. She goes to Supercut to get her hair cut and then does the rest herself. She doesn't get her nails done. She only wears cheap perfume. Good perfume is only for special days because it's too expensive. She only wears drugstore makeup. BUT you have to look at the bigger picture. HE is still doing what he wants. He goes to a fancy gym. He got a promotion at work but she's not seeing any extra money. He always has on nice clothes. HIS cologne costs $200 a bottle. When they say WE can't afford that...MANY TIMES IT MEANS YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. If he ever leaves her, he will leave with a girl that is youthful and keeps up her appearance. This will be a girl that doesn't have all this BAGGAGE like my friend has...because of HIM.

Don't get married and deny yourself anything and start making sacrifices in how you look, what you buy, etc. Continue to maintain whatever beauty services or shopping habits you used to do for yourself because when men "say we need to watch our spending or we can't afford that", they mean YOU can't afford it, because I have never seen a man deny themselves anything, literally never ever. They will still get their workouts in, still get in time with their boys, buy Jordan's, still find money for X widget that they claim to need. Be vague! Oh this old thing? I had it in the back of the closet. Oh this hair? I got my friend to put it in for free? I reused my hair. Oh this makeup? I been had it. Deflect and lie as needed but protect your marketability above all costs. Don't let yourself get fat, frumpy, old looking, and BORING. KEEP the focus on you so you STAY ready and never have to get ready.

Feminine Mystique on Saving for a Rainy Day
-"My mom had a company. A company bought her out and she stayed as a consultant. As we were working through my mother's estate my dad said he had no idea that she sold it for this amount. She literally told him 1/4 of the amount. He's just now finding out." Keep your business and yoru business taxes separate. Even if you husband is a great dude. Keep money for yourself and MAKE SURE you are financially secure. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with not trusting your husband or the quality of your marriage. It deals with always having a financial plan in case something happens.
-Keep some of your tax refunds and place it it your savings. YOU NEVER know when you might need to get away, get a hotel room for a few days, or just up and making a few money moves. Keep this money PRIVATELY but always protect yourself so you ALWAYS have a way out.

-"When I had the baby my husband asked me how much was the hospital bill. I told him around $3000 because of anesthesia and etc. I had already budgeted and put aside money for this pregnancy. However when he gave me the $3000 I saved it anyway. "

Feminine Mystique on Saving for your Personality

• You should be kinda like an onion. He shouldn't know everything about you. One day just go to a French restaurant and order and speak in french to the waiter.
  • Let something break and then let him find out you actually know how to sew.
  • Don't TELL him everything about you (it comes off as you auditioning for a role). Let it happen organically.
Feminine Mystique Tips
Always use/give few words rather than many.
Don't give explanations for anything. Be vague if asked for an explanation.
Try too only stay on the phone for no more than 15 mins.
Listen to him more than you speak (you will end up knowing soooo much about him and he knows nothing about you).
Practice being emotionally unreactive.
Always give off a happy/light vibe when you speak.
Always leave him wanting more.
Anything u would talk to gfs/female friends family about do not talk to him about those topics.
Practice using feminine body language (there are a lot of videos online that are very helpful with this also).

Week 15 Challenge
1. Be a mystery. How could you develop this mysterious appearance?
2. Continue to go to the new things, read new books, and eat new things. Keep the focus on YOU.
3. Is there a way that you could be more mysterious for your DH or significant other? Use your robe, slowly take off your clothes and don't rush, tease him.
4. The best way to be mysterious is honestly be so self-absorbed into you. Embrace your uniqueness. Do your hobbies, your dreams, your goals, stay in your lane, and keep your lifestyle public but your life private. What does this mean in your life?

Brunch sounds like a wonderful idea. Were you able to host one?

I totally hear you with wearing things for comfort over fashion if you are subjected to cold. I get cold easily, even indoors. I'm a SAHM so my uniform is primarily jogging pants since not having to leave the house the past two years, but these past two weeks I've bumped things up to jeans and tshirts. I'm hoping to do the same as you and wear nicer/cuter things once the weather warms up and I can feel comfortable temperature-wise.

Which foundation did you buy? I totally agree with you that if you go out to the max all of the time, then when it's time to dress up you don't look "special". I've been trying to find this video for years, but there was a Wayne Goss video that talked about how to highlight and contour but to your natural highlights and shadows. (I'll look again and post it if I find it.) It makes for a much more natural finished look if you're wearing foundation and then you can play with more subdued eyes and lips for an everyday look and then go bolder with everything when it's time to go out.

I got Lancôme Skin Feels Good. I like it!
As for my look, I got two pairs of Rothy’s flats and two push up bras. I wore softer, bralette type things over the winter but now that the weather is more bearable, I am slowly defrosting my wardrobe. Every check I plan to buy something to spruce up my appearance. This check I’m going to throw out old undies and jeans, replace them, and look for a nice everyday cardigan or blazer and some cute work pants

I am at a place in my hair journey where I do not feel cute with my hair in it’s natural state. I’m only happy when it’s in braids or straightened. I felt a smidge cute today in my twistout but it was short lived. So I’m thinking about getting kinky straight microlinks. I’ve been saving up for them and I plan to book the appt this week. There’s a three week waiting period (probably so the stylist can order the hair). I hope this turns out well! I’m nervous. I also want to get an Olaplex treatment done before then. While I await my appt, I am getting flexi rods done. That should hold me over a bit I hope. For me, if I don’t feel cute, I can’t do cute things. Makeup? No. Prance around in cute nightclothes? Absolutely not. Mani/pedis? For what? I gotta get cute!

Back