2020 52 Weeks To Being Divinely Feminine Thread

I'm not with ex hubby any more of course. I can't believe it will have almost been 3 years. The closer we get to our marriage anniversary, I will admit to yall I feel really down about it. It is for the best, but I wish my marriage would have worked. The other day we had a discussion. I told him how I felt and I admitted I have a hard time at times working through my feelings. There was no expectation for him to change, it was just a time where I wanted to be open, honest, and vulnerable with him. It felt so good to get that off of my chest. That convo came from a different place from all of our other conversations in the past. It felt so good to be emotionally vulnerable with him. Even with his response, he admitted he DOES do what I pointed out (you know men don't like to admit fault sometimes). It just really came from a different place. It felt really good.

Participants

@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@ckisland
@Chicoro
@prettywingsx

Week 43: Incorporating Beauty routines, perfume and Makeup

Incorporating beauty routines helps you feel good and confident by both receiving compliments or simply just feeling good about investing in yourself. This love that we give to ourselves, it gives us that extra “oomph” we need to give love to others. It increases our vibrations. How could you incorporate makeup, perfume, or beauty routines in your life this week as a hobby?

Keep it Mind:

Being feminine.....it can look a plethora of ways.

:kiss3:When he's not giving you attention, it can look like giving yourself attention. It can look like you focusing on your hobbies, dreams, goals, and appearance.

:kiss3:When he's not meeting your needs, it can look like you ensuring your needs are taken care of. You want to be taken out on a date? In the meantime this means taking time to take YOURSELF on a date and being present and in the moment and loving life at this moment and time.

:kiss3:Sometimes it looks like investing in yourself and doing hobbies: yoni eggs, waist beads, cook, plating, drinking wine with the girls

:kiss3:Sometimes being feminine can mean pulling back and not paddling the boat in relationships with both men and women and making sure you're not over-investing to people who are not investing at all in you.

:kiss3:Sometimes it can look like standing up and speaking for yourself through your boundaries which make you soft on the outside but firm on the inside.

:gorgeous:When you're tired, it can look like making time for yourself stopping and resting.

:kiss3:When you're mentally tired, it can look like saying affirmations to yourself.

Week 43 Challenge
1. There is no right or wrong. Just do what feels good to you. Get succumbed in what YOU like to do and what makes you feminine. What hobby will you invest in this week?
2. What perfume will you be wearing this week?
3. How many days out of the week will you commit to taking time for yourself, being present, and applying makeup.

Week 33: Use his wants

This past week I utilized this when he began talking about all of the things he is accomplishing in his business. He seemed excited and also mentioned purchasing two trainings that was hefty but a good investment for business. I have been taking alot of trainings that will support me for business and I have more that I am interested in. I then brought up that I have trainings that I would like to sign up for and I know you understand the value it would have for me. My husband would support me regardless but this is a clever way to ask for what you want. I had a reflexology session and it was so relaxing. I never knew a foot massage could make you so relaxed that you can fall asleep. That was the first time I had a professional foot massage.

I have a post about men need to feel a range of emotions to fall in love with you. I really have worked on that in my current relationships. I don't know if I did it as well in the past, but I really have it down packed now. In the one guy that is investing the most, I've noticed he feels:

25aa.png
Happy- Happy to see me Even just for a minute. Happy to be in my presence.
25aa.png
Turned on- When he sees me he always gets instantly slightly turned on.
25aa.png
Anxious-He's always worried that I will leave him or discontinue our relationship.
25aa.png
Sad- When he’s scared of losing me. He gets sad when he knows me and my ex husband are at hte soccer field. He assumes we might rekindle.
25aa.png
Respected —He makes a lot of decisions that I don't agree with. Old me used to criticize his flaws. Like he leaves his tools everywhere and constantly has to hunt them down. That's his flaw. Now I know to just breathe and let himfind it on his own time instead of saying maybe you should do a mental check before you leave a job.
25aa.png
Understood — When he told me that we have outgrown our old friends and I disagreed, I initially told him he was wrong and criticized him. Then I thought about it and realized his way of seeings things could be different from my own. I apologized for being hostile earlier and instead turned to be empathetic, calm and understanding. I later learned that these people really WEREN'T acting as friends to him and he was justified in his feelings, I just had chosen not to see how they had subtly changed in their demeanor and our friendship. This made the guy really trust me more.

Participants

@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@ckisland
@Chicoro
@prettywingsx

Week 44: Being Festive: Let's Enjoy the Holidays

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas is almost here. It's a beautiful time to practice compassion to ourselves and to others.

Way's to Become Festive
Every time I go past the house that has a nice fall wreath and pumpkin bags full of leaves and children perfectly dressed for the season with these cute outfits on, I get a tingly fuzzy feeling in my soul. It's just soooo feminine to me to be able to slow down and break up the routine and switch gears and show a little holiday spirit. Need some ideas? Well here are a few!
1. Volunteer. It just feels good to serve others. Many people don’t take advantage of the opportunity to volunteer during the holidays but feminine ladies do! It's a perfect time to be compassionate to others. Whether you’re feeding the homeless, volunteering at the shelter, or participating in a gift drive, the happiness you bring to others is immense. Also there’s nothing like volunteer work to spark a sense of gratitude into our own life! What's your holiday plan for the upcoming months?

2. Get fancy with your wrapping. If you’re anything like me you will procrastinate wrapping until two days before Christmas. You’re the no frills, bare minimum, target wrapping paper kinda gal who may throw on a festive name tag if inspired – otherwise it’s Sharpie all the way. Yeah, that’s not gonna warm your heart this season. Become present in the moment. Get in touch with your feelings. Start making a plan to buy your loved ones something for the holiday season (if this is your thing) and take it up a notch. Get crafty with your wrapping! You never know, this could lead to a great feminine hobby for years to come!

3. Breakout your old family recipes or try new ones. If the nostalgia of simpler times when we were knee high and drowning in our Grandmother’s apron doesn’t give you a tiny spark of holiday cheer, I don’t know what to tell ya love. Go back to your old family recipes, and take a shot at trying to cook and plate it!

4. Wear festive clothing- Halloween is Wednesday. Do you have anything you could rock? Maybe some puppy ears with a nice dress or maybe going all the way out is your thing! Do your children have Christmas Thanksgiving and Halloween outfits? Do YOU have Christmas Thanksgiving and Halloween outfits? Slow down and give love to YOURSELF (which leads to more love you can give to others). Take the time to fine tune and figure out the details. What do you need to make this holiday memorable?

Week 44 Challenge
1. Get into the Fall Spirit. Try to go to a Fall Festival or Halloween party. Dress up. Wear Makeup. Serve others. HAVE FUN!
2. What are your plans to spend time for Thanksgiving and Christmas?
3. How will you femininely embrace the holidays?

Participants

@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@ckisland
@Chicoro
@prettywingsx

Week 44: Being Festive: Let's Enjoy the Holidays

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas is almost here. It's a beautiful time to practice compassion to ourselves and to others.

Way's to Become Festive
Every time I go past the house that has a nice fall wreath and pumpkin bags full of leaves and children perfectly dressed for the season with these cute outfits on, I get a tingly fuzzy feeling in my soul. It's just soooo feminine to me to be able to slow down and break up the routine and switch gears and show a little holiday spirit. Need some ideas? Well here are a few!
1. Volunteer. It just feels good to serve others. Many people don’t take advantage of the opportunity to volunteer during the holidays but feminine ladies do! It's a perfect time to be compassionate to others. Whether you’re feeding the homeless, volunteering at the shelter, or participating in a gift drive, the happiness you bring to others is immense. Also there’s nothing like volunteer work to spark a sense of gratitude into our own life! What's your holiday plan for the upcoming months?

2. Get fancy with your wrapping. If you’re anything like me you will procrastinate wrapping until two days before Christmas. You’re the no frills, bare minimum, target wrapping paper kinda gal who may throw on a festive name tag if inspired – otherwise it’s Sharpie all the way. Yeah, that’s not gonna warm your heart this season. Become present in the moment. Get in touch with your feelings. Start making a plan to buy your loved ones something for the holiday season (if this is your thing) and take it up a notch. Get crafty with your wrapping! You never know, this could lead to a great feminine hobby for years to come!

3. Breakout your old family recipes or try new ones. If the nostalgia of simpler times when we were knee high and drowning in our Grandmother’s apron doesn’t give you a tiny spark of holiday cheer, I don’t know what to tell ya love. Go back to your old family recipes, and take a shot at trying to cook and plate it!

4. Wear festive clothing- Halloween is Wednesday. Do you have anything you could rock? Maybe some puppy ears with a nice dress or maybe going all the way out is your thing! Do your children have Christmas Thanksgiving and Halloween outfits? Do YOU have Christmas Thanksgiving and Halloween outfits? Slow down and give love to YOURSELF (which leads to more love you can give to others). Take the time to fine tune and figure out the details. What do you need to make this holiday memorable?

Week 44 Challenge
1. Get into the Fall Spirit. Try to go to a Fall Festival or Halloween party. Dress up. Wear Makeup. Serve others. HAVE FUN!
2. What are your plans to spend time for Thanksgiving and Christmas?
I got my Halloween costume to wear Friday with the little one and I’m taking a Christmas tree decorating class this week to put my tree up

The week started off tough because I reacted instead of taking a pause to breathe through frustrations in my communication with my husband. This is something I have been aware of and working on. I immediately thought about this week’s challenge and was like I did the very thing that I was working on avoiding. The rest of the week was more peaceful and I realized that it is very important to notice the small signs of me getting frustrated. I learned this week to acknowledge my frustrations and to breathe through them so I don’t react. I have come a long way however this shows me to be patient with myself and to observe how I feel.

Week 34: What are some ways that you need to keep yourself anchored in the up coming days?

Being clear, clean, and complete in my communication. Take a pause before responding (take a breath). Voice how I feel when I am calm and have had time to process what I feel including asking the questions listed above.

I signed my family up to be a part of a family farming co-op on a black owned farm in the community. Going out in nature and connecting with the earth felt so refreshing. It is something all of us needed.

Week 35 Challenge
1. What felt good to do today? It felt good to go to the farm. I feel connected to the earth and grounded. I feel more present and time passes so quickly.
2. How could you incorporate feeling messages into your daily life? I feel like I already do, especially in my journal. I could be more intentional in expressing my kind feelings verbally with my husband, especially requests or concerns. It is easier to hear a person when feeling messages are used.

Have started preparing for the Holidays. Trying out different hairstyles and everything. Have found an outfit I want, but not really sure where I would be able to find it. Planning to read a book entitled 'The Miseducation of Women' written by James Tooley. I refuse to believe that what's going on with women in their 30s - 40s - 50s is normal. Have never witnessed so much overall dissatisfaction in terms of career, relationships, romantic relationships, child rearing, personal finances,...etc amongst women, in ALL of my life :nono:.

I can’t believe in a month I will have a four year old. I always remember Zaynab urging us to take Christmas pictures every year no matter how bad you feel on the inside. I took pictures when he was almost 1. I skipped the next year because I was going through the divorce. I pulled it together last year and took pictures that came out super nice. They were really affordable too. This year I started early because I don’t know if we will be back on lockdown. I took Christmas pics today and I feel like the universe was looking out for me. I was the first to book for Christmas so the photographer gave me my session half off. I got to dress up. The little one enjoyed himself too and told me he is sending his pics to Santa. Y’all my heart feels so full of joy. Try to make time to create the experience and take Christmas pics each year.

Week 36

What do you say NO to? What do you struggle with when saying no? How could we help?

I say no to allowing my inner critic to run rampant. I say no to compromising my self-care to please others. Doing this challenge and having an accountability partner is helping already. I actually feel like I have gotten way better at saying no. Just this past week my sister asked if I was going camping with her for thanksgiving as if I already knew. She asked if we could come for at least a day that would be great. I told her we did not have anything planned and I needed to rest. Its more work prepping for travel with a toddler on top of everything else. I have a lot going on (in a good way) this month and I want to rest when I can. I have learned my lesson from agreeing to go somewhere when I was exhausted in the past. I was proud of myself. Sometimes I feel like people think that because I stay at home with my daughter that I have so much time on my hands when I actually am very busy on top of working on my business and nonprofit.

This past week has been busy and I am creating a memory utilizing my husband’s needs to tailor my experience. My husband at the core wants to make sure that I am feeling good because the energy of the house is better when I am good. He suggested that I get an air bnb for the night so that I can have some uninterrupted time by myself. I was just thinking about this in my mind this past week without even suggesting it. I've never spent a night away from my daughter since she was born. She is now a toddler (2 years old) and she is the point where she sleeps in her crib all night and she is down nursing 1 to 2 times a day on her own. I am feeling freer to branch out now that she is older. So, this will be a major memory for me for sure.

Week 37: Challenge

1. Strive to make a MEMORY this week. What will you do? Where will you go? I need to spend quality time with myself. I haven’t had a chance to really have a full day for myself where I can be alone doing whatever I want.

2. Strive to be in the present moment. How do you feel on the inside? I feel excited that I was just thinking about how I would like to be alone in a hotel or something so I can spend some time with myself. My husband offered without me asking to get an Airbnb for me to spend the night by myself so I can have time alone.

The focus of this past week is all about manifestation and creating the life that I want. We are at the end of the year and I am truly seeing the harvest of what I have planted.

Week 38 Challenge

1. Be honest. Who are you reflecting in your life? How does this relate to you?

I can honestly say that I have come a long way. Once I began to understand universal laws and what I believe myself will manifest externally, then I began to be intentional with what I focus my attention on.

2. What's ONE action step you can take to change who you are attracting.

I believe that I have already been doing it but to continue to invest my time and money into things that genuinely bring value in my life. One thing I have learned this year is that money is meant to be moved and transferred. What I focus my time on will grow if I tend to it. I am seeing the benefits of this. In one day, I saw my credit score jump and received a windfall of money. I also received unexpected money some days before that also. I am grateful.

As a single woman, I get to invite two people over. Would like to invite my mom + brother, but will see about that. My sister lives by herself as well, in another city. So if they'd rather spend it with her, I will most probably spend it with my church family. If the government lets us. Was planning to go to The Netherlands for New Years, but will see about that too.

b67fdc42-c946-473b-ab4e-1a4fda85f362.jpg

Taking baths with carrier oils + essential oils really did me a lot of good! My sister does it each time at night, especially if she's had a bad day. It does wonders and one sleeps like a baby. Not to mention the mental + physical benefits :cloud9: .

128774718_1625242044331806_126473558239078045_o.jpg

Was able to maintain a good (out)look all throughout the four seasons :pray:. Just need to capitalize off of it and carry it on to 2021 and beyond :pray: .

128928802_1625977457591598_2859772526041304986_o.jpg

I thought I posted my challenge update from last week but I did not! Will be back tomorrow to update for the most recent week.

I am glad that I focused on this affirmation because I needed the reminder to give myself grace. I can be very critical of myself however this affirmation reminds me that I am human and that I can always start new. When I give grace to myself, I am able to give grace to those around me also.

Week 39 Challenge
1. What's your favorite affirmations? Feel free to post them in this thread. My favorite one is "I deserve to give myself grace".
2. What's ONE activity you can commit to doing with your affirmations. Meditating on the affirmation.

So this past week I had an opportunity to go to a doctor's appointment so I was able to practice there. I realize that I have pretty good posture. I do not slouch. Even when I was sitting in the chair at the doctors office, I tend to already sit at the edge first, I find that sometimes I have to remind myself to relax and sit back. So it was interesting observing how I move my body.

Week 40 Challenge
1. Practice sitting down graciously
2. Ask a friend/accountability trip to look at you going from seated to standing.
NOTE: Make sure to pay attention how to place your stance before you sit down. It seems that your knees fall gracefully if you have the back leg pointed diagonally and the other leg pointed straight. That was a great tip for me.

Week 41 Challenge

I did not have a chance to actually do this challenge in totality because my yoni egg did not come in time. I ordered it online and decided to get the aventurine. I really love this stone. This stone is great for heart chakra and abundance. I was going to choose between aventurine and rose quartz which both are related to the heart. I look forward using the yoni egg. I will update when I actually have it.

1. What's your favorite type of yoni stone? I don't have a favorite yoni stone because I never had a yoni egg but as I was looking at them, I am drawn to rose quartz and aventurine. Which one do you think you need to heal yourself? Rose quartz or aventurine. I ended up purchasing aventurine.
2. Google some threads on here concerning: Yoni eggs, kegalmaster
3. Spend at least 10 minutes daily with your yoni egg.

As a single woman, I get to invite two people over. Would like to invite my mom + brother, but will see about that. My sister lives by herself as well, in another city. So if they'd rather spend it with her, I will most probably spend it with my church family. If the government lets us. Was planning to go to The Netherlands for New Years, but will see about that too.

View attachment 465861

Taking baths with carrier oils + essential oils really did me a lot of good! My sister does it each time at night, especially if she's had a bad day. It does wonders and one sleeps like a baby. Not to mention the mental + physical benefits :cloud9: .

View attachment 465863

Was able to maintain a good (out)look all throughout the four seasons :pray:. Just need to capitalize off of it and carry it on to 2021 and beyond :pray: .

View attachment 465865
Sis, you're a natural beauty!

I have experience with waist beads because I have made my own. My waist beads broke apart about a month and a half ago and I needed to get another one anyway so this was divine timing. I had those waist beads for about 14 months, I thought that they would never fall off, but it finally did. It is time for a new set of waist beads. I look forward to the ones that I have decided to get. .

Week 42 Challenge
1. Learn more about waist beading. How could you use them? I have made my own waist beads before as I was working through Sacred Women by Queen Afua. I see it as a very sacred, spiritual, and sensual experience. I feel more connected to my femininity when I wear them.
2. Invest or make your own personal waist bead. What colors do you desire? What do the colors represent? I want to have rose quartz which is about love, forgiveness, compassion, etc. I am in the process of ordering waist beads and the one I am drawn to has rose quartz, quartz, lepidolite, gold hematite, and lapis lazuli. I was also drawn to the lapis lazuli which helps with the throats chakra which is something that will be powerful for me.

Did y’all want to continue this on? In what direction would you like the challenge from to go in? What would you like addressed more heavily. In 2019 we had a survey that kinda touched on femininity needs and perspectives. Did y’all want me to make a nee one?

Week 43
This was right on time because I was planning on doing a yoni steam. This was my first time going to a spa to get it done. It was really nice and relaxing. I plan on doing these more often. I felt more connected to my feminine side by doing this.

1. There is no right or wrong. Just do what feels good to you. Get succumbed in what YOU like to do and what makes you feminine. What hobby will you invest in this week? I actually planned on doing a Yoni Steam.
2. What perfume will you be wearing this week? I don't wear perfume, but I love oil. Jasmine or Frankincense.
3. How many days out of the week will you commit to taking time for yourself, being present, and applying makeup. At least one day.

Did y’all want to continue this on? In what direction would you like the challenge from to go in? What would you like addressed more heavily. In 2019 we had a survey that kinda touched on femininity needs and perspectives. Did y’all want me to make a nee one?
Yes I would love this. This really was great for me. I would like to continue to focus on self care and how to make this just a way of life. Thank you!

Yes please!

View attachment 465861

View attachment 465863

View attachment 465865
What carrier oils do you bath with?

Thanks.

The holidays have been over however I still wanted to continue with the challenge. I have gotten so much better with self care activities. I feel like the communication that I wanted to improve on with my husband has been so much better. That was a goal for this challenge. I also got a yoni steam last week.
Week 44 Challenge
2. What are your plans to spend time for Thanksgiving and Christmas? We don't celebrate these holidays but we have started the tradition of celebrating kwanzaa.
3. How will you femininely embrace the holidays? Taking the initiative to celebrate Kwanzaa is paying off. I have felt like in the past my husband can be dry with even celebrating his own birthday. However I am glad I kept it up because I see he was more engaged this year. I am grateful.

Back