52 Weeks Towards Divine Femininity

Cute. That’s my favorite dress shape but I have a hard time finding them at the right length :( I’m 5’6 but all legs so they always fall too short.
Lol I would LOVE to have that problem. All the dresses I find are too long. They hit right below the knee, but if I'm rocking it Ro style they're just the right length lol. I like my dresses one inch above the knee.

I wear like 3-4 kimonos that I alternate. Got them from amazon and they're amazing. You just feel regal lounging around the house.

This is hard for me to continuously wear them. I'm in practice mode right now. All I do is practice being feminine and in my zone at night. I had one from my wedding but because of you I found another Victoria Secret one on ebay for the low that I wear as well. I feel so classy wearing it...but it turns me on too soooo....there's that :lachen::). You ever look in the mirror like dannnnng I look good? I feel like that each and every time I'm in my robes haha.

OMG what saran wrap????I hate airport attire these days.

I hate general attire period. First of all everyone walks around in bonnets. I've even noticed my mother slipping. When I was small bonnets couldn't come out of the bedroom. That was a rule. No one could see your bonnet. Now I see her lounging around the house and cooking with a bonnet on. I just shudder. I also see women coming up to the schools to register their children or walking around the mall with those ugly fur flip flops and hideous bonnets on their head.

Dinner for the family...quick, easy, and delicious!
That plating is just beautiful. I plated some food last night. Thinly sliced chicken breasts with sweet potatoes and a salad but I forgot to get a pic :(

Very cute! I'm trying to figure out how you can post all these pictures. Why won't mine ever upload? :cry3:
You have to download an app to resize the pictures. I downloaded and app called Photo Shrinker. It takes my phone pics and resizes them to make them smaller and then I can upload them.

I love it!
I'm try it. I'ma wear it to church and probably brunch or something afterwards and see how I rock it. Should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I used the tape trick and they do look better in the vase! I love them! I could get used to this. They smell so lovely and when they die I use the petals to make rose petal powder for my bath rituals. :2inlove:

Attachments

• 30524829-5D63-4556-BD9C-E218168DA5FE.jpeg
    30524829-5D63-4556-BD9C-E218168DA5FE.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 93
The baggies to travel is so smart! Does it keep you all from overpacking @Kimbosheart and @Zaynab ?

Yes. With purses and luggage try organizing with pouches. I’ll try to post some links. But for my luggage it allows me to get a lot of necessary items neatly and quickly into my suitcases of all sizes. Plus on the occasions when I have to check luggage I can quickly tell if someone is rifling through my things. My shoes have their own bags, I have a separate laundry bag and things like chargers, cords, candles, medicine, misc all has its own pouch. It makes packing up to leave so much easier. I rarely forget to pack things and I rarely leave things behind. I collect the Henri Bendel pouches for my purse and basically have the same philosophy on a day to day basis. Bonus is that my pouches are super cute and just make me smile.

Ima stop with these dresses I swear, but ya girl rocked the mic last night in this dress at Open Mic Night. I forgot what I had on. I bust out blushing when I heard all the dannnng

Attachments

• AFE22C15-E347-4F5D-BD0F-ECF5726681B7.jpeg
    AFE22C15-E347-4F5D-BD0F-ECF5726681B7.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 606A4D0B-A28A-4096-8D19-A84F1D2FA916.jpeg
    606A4D0B-A28A-4096-8D19-A84F1D2FA916.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

@Maracujá, I am officially mad at you. I've been these sites for HOURS now just ogling! :mad: Elegantwoman.org = New Fave, nice articles

@hopeful, same thing. I've been trying to end my love affair with JCP, and now I'm seeing all my new spring dresses right here. #Walletmad

I do most of the above actually. I never wait until the last minute to pack. I also pack my kids clothes by each day and put each clothes day in a Ziploc bag.

If I fly, I usually pack between 3 to 7 days before. It's just what I grew up seeing. If we're doing an overnight trip then I'll pack the night before.

I really like this ziploc idea! I'll have to remember to try it.

How did you like this blog? Did you have a chance to go through it and point out the things you like? I wish they would have kept it going. I need to be more mindful of my words and NEVER say anything bad about myself. I’m work on that starting today for the next week. I remember to someone I said wow that makes me sound like an alcoholic. Like bruh why would you say that. Lol. I loooove wine but I’m no alcoholic. At best I drink twice a week. But I do love to socially drink. However this can be observed. I don’t need to plant bad seeds about anybody ESPECIALLY not myself.

I have a friend that does this in a sneaky way lol. She never says anything bad about anyone that could get back to her, but she asks questions like what do you think about her lol. She lets said person point out all their disdain and keeps her reputation in tact. That’s one of those Laws if Power. PROTECT YOUR REPUTATION.

Law 5 says - Reputation is the cornerstone of power. Through reputation alone you can intimidate and win; once you slip, however, you are vulnerable, and will be attacked on all sides.

Ima make sure I’m a delicate, gentle, feminine flower at all times.

I LOVE the section on Charm Warfare. It reminds me of some of the 48 Laws. Conflict is natural in my business, including men challenging me, so I've focused on staying sweet, even when tired or anxious, frustrated or hungry :look: etc.

Getting people to like me or perceive me as charming hasn't ever been an issue. My problem has always been maintaining the charm, poise and grace. So the last few weeks I've really been focused on "unconditional positive regard." She discusses offering this to opponents or in my case (the two people I'm trying to help resolve the conflict, so we can make a decision and move forward) because it helps you stay sweet, stay calm and as such most opponents will stop resisting.

So that's all I've been doing and as a result we went from having these personality/productivity snags 2 or 3 times a week to essentially none. These men seem to have started mirroring my calm and positive energy. They give each other the benefit of the doubt in a way they hadn't before. It makes me wonder if it was my energy and frustration at working with them made them anxious and frustrated with each other. We are all the same level, but somehow I set the tone for how these men interacted with each other. It blew my mind. Even the surly one who never has anything nice to say about anyone or anything said he's actually going to miss having me around (I'm leaving for good on Thursday). I made being at work tolerable. Lol. I was shocked. He sensed it because he jokingly said, I know I know..I still hate everyone and everything...just enjoy being an exception. :lachen:

My favorite section below:

https://sites.google.com/site/thefe...f-affect/how-to-handle-conflict/charm-warfare

If you seem pliable and if you offer your opponents your unconditional positive regard, they'll forget to fight you, to hate you, to resist you. They'll start giving you things instead. Refusing to gossip about them or to yell at them, instead offering them the gift of your pleasant unconditional friendship and high regard twists the odds much further in your favor.

*Practice this everywhere appropriate...all the time...big things or small things. Of course this should be balanced with having boundaries and not about being a doormat. *

@PrissiSippi

The other helpful thing from the website to add to my to do list is to focus on doing things at 3/4 speed...slowly. I am naturally the kind of person to rush around, even when I have time. One of my goals was body spatial awareness and working on my posture. It helps me to chant to "PRIS" like prissy :D to make sure I am following the tips.

The website lists 4 tips: Posture, Range, Intention and Slowness.
She put them in a different order, but I liked it better this way for memorization purposes.

------

3rd favorite is physical affect - watching how I use my hands.

https://sites.google.com/site/thefemininearts/home/philosophy-of-affect

Beautiful composure is...

...a pleasant face

...erect posture

...a calm disposition

...a non-hateful mien

...oodles and oodles of personal dignity

...oodles and oodles of respect for others.

I LOVE the section on Charm Warfare. It reminds me of some of the 48 Laws. Conflict is natural in my business, including men challenging me, so I've focused on staying sweet, even when tired or anxious, frustrated or hungry :look: etc.

Getting people to like me or perceive me as charming hasn't ever been an issue. My problem has always been maintaining the charm, poise and grace. So the last few weeks I've really been focused on "unconditional positive regard." She discusses offering this to opponents or in my case (the two people I'm trying to help resolve the conflict, so we can make a decision and move forward) because it helps you stay sweet, stay calm and as such most opponents will stop resisting.

So that's all I've been doing and as a result we went from having these personality/productivity snags 2 or 3 times a week to essentially none. These men seem to have started mirroring my calm and positive energy. They give each other the benefit of the doubt in a way they hadn't before. It makes me wonder if it was my energy and frustration at working with them made them anxious and frustrated with each other. We are all the same level, but somehow I set the tone for how these men interacted with each other. It blew my mind. Even the surly one who never has anything nice to say about anyone or anything said he's actually going to miss having me around (I'm leaving for good on Thursday). I made being at work tolerable. Lol. I was shocked. He sensed it because he jokingly said, I know I know..I still hate everyone and everything...just enjoy being an exception. :lachen:

My favorite section below:

https://sites.google.com/site/thefe...f-affect/how-to-handle-conflict/charm-warfare

If you seem pliable and if you offer your opponents your unconditional positive regard, they'll forget to fight you, to hate you, to resist you. They'll start giving you things instead. Refusing to gossip about them or to yell at them, instead offering them the gift of your pleasant unconditional friendship and high regard twists the odds much further in your favor.

*Practice this everywhere appropriate...all the time...big things or small things. Of course this should be balanced with having boundaries and not about being a doormat. *
I’ve been practicing this for a couple years. I call it being gracious at all costs. I started it at work, because the people I work with are very challenging.

Special request for banana pancakes over the weekend.
View attachment 427240

Hope that everyone had a beautiful weekend. Looking forward to great week :)
I don't know why but powdered sugar makes pancakes go from drab to FAB! And then with fruit on top? It's like dessert for breakfast! I'm always in love when I have fruit on top of my waffles and pancakes. Pure Love and Bliss lol. Your plating looks so divine in this picture! You did such a great job!

@PrissiSippi

The other helpful thing from the website to add to my to do list is to focus on doing things at 3/4 speed...slowly. I am naturally the kind of person to rush around, even when I have time. One of my goals was body spatial awareness and working on my posture. It helps me to chant to "PRIS" like prissy :D to make sure I am following the tips.

The website lists 4 tips: Posture, Range, Intention and Slowness.
She put them in a different order, but I liked it better this way for memorization purposes.

------

3rd favorite is physical affect - watching how I use my hands.

https://sites.google.com/site/thefemininearts/home/philosophy-of-affect

Beautiful composure is...

...a pleasant face

...erect posture

...a calm disposition

...a non-hateful mien

...oodles and oodles of personal dignity

...oodles and oodles of respect for others.
Yaaaaaaaaas. I'ma use this somewhere in this challenge probably next month. I LOVE this. How are you incorporating this into your daily life?

Participants -

@PrissiSippi
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1

Recap

Week 1: Create Femininity Goals. Find an accountability partner

Week 2: Print or Buy a planner. Make sure you write down and plan to do things that encompass your femininity. How many times will you cook for your family so they can practice dinner etiquette? How many minutes will you hold each child a day (10-15 minutes?) How will you polish your femininity EACH day, how will you spend one on one time with your spouse each day? Have you made time to go out with a female this week to talk girl talk? Make a plan, be intentional, and write it down.

Week 3: Be more present- Be aware of your surroundings. Don't be a phone zombie. Practice makes permanent. Constantly work on cultivating your femininity by being very present with DH, SO, your children, and friends. Choose human interactions vs social media interactions this week.

Week 4: Accept him- Accept him for who he is. This includes his strengths, his weaknesses, his goals, or lack of him. He is a person full of triumphs as well as flaws just like you. (This goal is continuous)
February- Inner Self Work
Week 5: Polish Your Poise- No one can take you out of your feminine grace except you. Work on not being reactive to problems and asserting your needs but in a gentle way. Work on your look, attitude, gratitude, gaze, and overall spirit.

Week 6: Self Preservation is Key- Learn to protect your peace. Put YOU first. Have a drama blocking plan to protect yourself.

Week 7: What's in a Voice- Work on your feminine voice. Smile. Have a sing-song sweet voice at all times...especially times of struggle.

Week 8: Rock Your Wardrobe- Aim to look feminine, put together, and GOOD every day.
Week 9: Turn Rituals Into Routine
March- Home Living
Week 10: Beautify Your Enviroment: Buy Fresh Flowers
Week 11: Focus on Your Home Aromas
Week 12: How Clean Is Your Home
Week 13: Set the Tone in Your Home: Make Your House a Haven

Week 13: Set the Tone in Your Home

As a woman you have the ability to build your home or tear it to a million pieces.​
Make your house a place that your husband and children want to come home to. Think about how your home looks, smells, sounds, tastes like (the food you cook), and the feelings you have when you walk in the front door. Find out what is important to your husband. Many men don't sweat the little things but most importantly they want to come home to a peaceful environment and a happy and loving wife. We know there can be many reasons for this and all are not solely your fault, but how can YOU change your quality of your home and change your HOUSE into a HAVEN today? What little baby steps would need to occur to create a bigger picture?

One way you can transform your home is with music. Whenever appropriate, have music playing in the home. The type of music is not what is most important, but classical and jazz have been known to have positive frequencies (528 Hz) that encourages creativity, mental efficiency, and and productivity.

Every husband and family will be different but what is it that makes your family feel comfortable? Make your home a place that your family can come home to to feel refreshed.

Week 13 Challenge
1. What is it that you could do to help your house feel comfortable?
2. What small baby steps could you work on to help your family come home and feel refreshed? Add a candle? Purchase a bouquet of flowers for the dining room table?
3. How could you nurture a musical home? Turn on some jazz music for when they kids come home from school? Smile and play soothing music while giving non sexual touch when your husband comes home?
4. What is it that could transform your home through you setting the tone?

Last edited:
Yaaaaaaaaas. I'ma use this somewhere in this challenge probably next month. I LOVE this. How are you incorporating this into your daily life?

I sit at my computer all day, so I have a daily reminder a few times a day called PRIS (to ensure my shoulders are back, stomach muscles engaged, chin is up, etc). Before I move I try to remember to say PRIS (training me to slow down and be intentional). Essentially, I use this to guide my movements. I am training my body hopefully it will be second nature to have good posture, move gracefully, etc.

The beautiful composure is on 3 sticky notes on my mirror in my hotel. Im looking forward to printing it sorta fancy and framing it to hang above my makeshift vanity.

I just can imagine myself in a year being a beast. I am really seeing quite a few of the things we talked about being put in motion. This week it was all about poise. Some things were said or done to me that could have took me completely out of my feminine grace but I just really piped down and stayed true to myself, in control, set some boundaries, and moved it alone. I had the same outcome, but I looked well put together and very classy in the process instead of blowing up and appearing to be cold and combative. Only time will tell how developing my poise, focusing on my needs, keeping a feminine house, and setting boundaries will affect me as a woman...but so far so good.

As it relates to the challenge, I made sure I kept my bedroom clean. I made sure I used the Fly Lady tips and my laundry wasn't "done" until they were washed, dried, AND put away. That really helped.

Next I plan on cooking down some of the food in the pantry and making sure to clean after I cook each and every time.

The candles and flower challenges are still going strong. I got a second bouquet of flowers and my same candles are going strong. I burn them every night now to put me in a calm space. They smell so good even after I blow them out. :2inlove:

I sit at my computer all day, so I have a daily reminder a few times a day called PRIS (to ensure my shoulders are back, stomach muscles engaged, chin is up, etc). Before I move I try to remember to say PRIS (training me to slow down and be intentional). Essentially, I use this to guide my movements. I am training my body hopefully it will be second nature to have good posture, move gracefully, etc.

The beautiful composure is on 3 sticky notes on my mirror in my hotel. Im looking forward to printing it sorta fancy and framing it to hang above my makeshift vanity.
I just sat up in my chair reading this :lol:

Back