52 Weeks Towards Divine Femininity

Grows for Me this Week:

1. I’ve been trying to do Super Vixen’s Power if 12 these last two weeks by giving loved ones 12 hugs/kisses a day and it’s been working. DS loves my hugs and kisses soooo much lol. I usually think cause he’s a boy he doesn’t want all that mushy stuff but I’m so tickled how he smiles when I kiss him then he giggles and tries to run away like he didn’t want me kisses lol. It’s become our new little game. He’s starting to learn to kiss me back too. It’s so cute.

2. I’ve been burning my new candle. I left one on. Whoops! So the candle burned all the way down...no more candle. I’m glad it was cheap lol. I found a nice Caramel candle for $1.50 on clearance at Walmart. I love that scent. With the bedroom cleaned it also makes me feel so at peace.

Attachments

• 27C549F4-D4BE-4669-AA6C-06C2E43C147C.jpeg
    27C549F4-D4BE-4669-AA6C-06C2E43C147C.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thank you for coming up with another great challenge @PrissiSippi.

Last week: I am loving the fresh flowers. I currently have a few beautiful arrangements going and plan to keep it up. I also got a few faux green plants to spruce up the space.
I am afraid of burning down the house with candles so I decided to get some room most. I really like having my home smell nice and have finally started using the Bluetooth speakers to play soft music.
I’ve tried more hugs and kisses. My DH and daughter like it but my one year old has started wiping my kisses off!

This week: I have a nice planner but it isn’t comprehensive so I made one today. I included space to write out directions for Flylady Kat’s cornerstone routines.
ETA: thinking on the role of a working homemaker, I have focused on upgrading my tools to help me do a better job. There really aren’t enough hours so one must practice selected neglect. I am working very hard to cut expenses, looking forward to a time I can stay in the home.

I just used regular ole canned salmon because I'm a southern girl and that's how we make salmon patties :lol: Yep, I didn't add cheese though just did my regular salmon patties recipe and added tomato cumin jalepenos and green onions along with regular onions.

ETA: if you don't make salmon patties you just add an egg or two, bread crumbs onions, garlic, salt/pepper. I add a little mayo or sour cream for flavor too.
I'm not from the South but thats basically how we make 'em up here. I try to use mainly fresh or fresh frozen foods, but somethings are better from a can, salmon croquettes being one... cranberry sauce being another:look:

Feminine lounge clothes: what are you all wearing at home that’s cute and comfy? I think that’s going to be my next area of focus.
I'd like some feedback on this as well. When I think of feminine lounge clothes (for around the house), I immediately think of off-shoulder tops, like this:
Loungewear-Moodboard-17.jpg

Or a kimono. I have a few of varying lengths. The only drawback is that the sleeves tend to be oversized and often get caught in things - door handles, cabinet knobs, etc. :lol:

91bf96d258fee707f0992b6c8d989660.jpg
blue-blossom-print-kimono-standard.jpg

I'd like some feedback on this as well. When I think of feminine lounge clothes (for around the house), I immediately think of off-shoulder tops, like this:

Or a kimono. I have a few of varying lengths. The only drawback is that the sleeves tend to be oversized and often get caught in things - door handles, cabinet knobs, etc. :lol:

I just love my kimono. I feel so flirty and at ease with it on!

I’m preparing for a girls’ trip and I thought about one of the questions the Wife School Mentors posed. How do you prepare your family for travel in a hotel? Before I used to pack the night before. Not now. I’m going to take my time, not rush, and incorporate some of the things they suggested. Their list included:

Make sure you pack a robe and slippers for each family member. (I usually don’t do this but I’m going to pack my robe, essentials oils, a thick lotion, face mask)

First check bedding and bathroom for cleanliness and being well stocked.

Adjust thermostat to a temperature to your liking.

Call to front desk and request additional hangers and towels.

Spray room with liquid smudging then uncap bakhoor.

Place all clothing in drawers and closet , shoes in closet, slippers on side of bed.

Place supplements on night stand, chargers in outlets.

If room has a refrigerator - place water, drinks, alcohol, juice, snacks, and fruit in it.

If no fridge...we still maintain water, nuts, trail mix and tangerines for midnight snacking.

Bring candles, a bottle of wine and wine glasses for a night cap.

Bring extras for the free breakfasts: for instance cloth napkins and I like powdered sugar on my waffles and pancakes now.

Write a thank you note thanking the hotel for their hospitality.

Baby your girl is a pampered princess and high level nurturer these days.

I’m preparing for a girls’ trip and I thought about one of the questions the Wife School Mentors posed. How do you prepare your family for travel in a hotel? Before I used to pack the night before. Not now. I’m going to take my time, not rush, and incorporate some of the things they suggested. Their list included:

Make sure you pack a robe and slippers for each family member. (I usually don’t do this but I’m going to pack my robe, essentials oils, a thick lotion, face mask)

First check bedding and bathroom for cleanliness and being well stocked.

Adjust thermostat to a temperature to your liking.

Call to front desk and request additional hangers and towels.

Spray room with liquid smudging then uncap bakhoor.

Place all clothing in drawers and closet , shoes in closet, slippers on side of bed.

Place supplements on night stand, chargers in outlets.

If room has a refrigerator - place water, drinks, alcohol, juice, snacks, and fruit in it.

If no fridge...we still maintain water, nuts, trail mix and tangerines for midnight snacking.

Bring candles, a bottle of wine and wine glasses for a night cap.

Bring extras for the free breakfasts: for instance cloth napkins and I like powdered sugar on my waffles and pancakes now.

Write a thank you note thanking the hotel for their hospitality.

Baby your girl is a pampered princess and high level nurturer these days.
I do most of the above actually. I never wait until the last minute to pack. I also pack my kids clothes by each day and put each clothes day in a Ziploc bag.

I do most of the above actually. I never wait until the last minute to pack. I also pack my kids clothes by each day and put each clothes day in a Ziploc bag.

Same here, well I pack my clothes by day in the little cubes but in college I used Ziploc baggies. I always pack a wine opener and I've found that in addition to the usual toiletries, I like to pack my own hand soap. I wash my hands too often to use that little bar of soap. Another tip is earplugs and an sleep mask, and my own pillow or pillowcase. I am also vehemently against traveling looking like a bum. I travel often for work and no matter what time I'm flying I wear a full on outfit usually with heels. Always a bit of makeup and my hair styled in a nice bun that's to the side so I can sleep on the plane.

Same here, well I pack my clothes by day in the little cubes but in college I used Ziploc baggies. I always pack a wine opener and I've found that in addition to the usual toiletries, I like to pack my own hand soap. I wash my hands too often to use that little bar of soap. Another tip is earplugs and an sleep mask, and my own pillow or pillowcase. I am also vehemently against traveling looking like a bum. I travel often for work and no matter what time I'm flying I wear a full on outfit usually with heels. Always a bit of makeup and my hair styled in a nice bun that's to the side so I can sleep on the plane.
Omg I have a HUGE issue with people who don’t dress nicely to fly. It irks the hell out of me to see bonnets, leggings, flip flops at the airport. It looks so sorry and embarrassing, you can be cute and not look like an idiot.

I went out to buy some clothes for DS today and I thought I should buy some things for myself as well. I have embarrassingly few clothes. But I bought 4 dresses! Y'all, I never buy dresses. Never. But they are all so cute. One is too tight for my liking, but since I've learned to sew, I can fix it up to my liking with a few stitches here and there. I may even make it into a skirt. One dress is kinda short, but I tried it on with my black leggings and it is super feminine and flirty. I had y'all in my head when I was in the store.

Found another Ro dress. I’m debating on how I like it. I feel very regal but I also feel like I’m goong to church. Is it too covered up?

Very cute! I'm trying to figure out how you can post all these pictures. Why won't mine ever upload? :cry3:

I've found the person I want to emulate as far as style. Her blog is "Extra Petite". If I could post pics then I would. Everything she wears is feminine and she alters thrift store pieces and mixes them with luxury brands. Totally my style.

Very cute! I'm trying to figure out how you can post all these pictures. Why won't mine ever upload? :cry3:

I've found the person I want to emulate as far as style. Her blog is "Extra Petite". If I could post pics then I would. Everything she wears is feminine and she alters thrift store pieces and mixes them with luxury brands. Totally my style.

I just went to her blog and instagram. When I saw her I was like, "Yes!!!! Someone who is about my size." I'm actually a few inches taller than her and my measurements are a few inches more, but it's nice to have a blog to go to for petite women. Thanks for sharing.

Found another Ro dress. I’m debating on how I like it. I feel very regal but I also feel like I’m goong to church. Is it too covered up?
Priss, That's just my style. :lol: I was like why is she too covered up. I love it. Less is more remember that. Men really don't want women who dress like video vixens. Well at home in private but everyday no. I will put a dress on like that to go to lunch with DH. why not???? Men will always like a classically dressed woman.

I follow her and I love her.

I wear like 3-4 kimonos that I alternate. Got them from amazon and they're amazing. You just feel regal lounging around the house.

I like posts like these. Sometimes I look back and see how much my actions have changed.

Posts like this puts it in perspective. This is a Wife School post

~These are the basics to uplift and support our men/husbands:

1. Listen more than you speak.
2. Show him he is needed.
3. Ask don't tell.
4. Be his inspiration and peace at all times.
5. Coddling will only make him resent you.
6. Pay respect not bills.
7. Daily non sexual touch is a must.
8. Use your voice for peace and understanding.
9. Follow directions, ask questions later.
10. Know that masculine men want to protect, provide and please their prized possessions.. be his prize always by staying in feminine zone only.

Cute. That’s my favorite dress shape but I have a hard time finding them at the right length :( I’m 5’6 but all legs so they always fall too short.

Back