52 Weeks Towards Divine Femininity

I just love going on Facebook and seeing how others plate their family’s food. It’s so classy. I just really like the idea of your family’s food looking like it came from a restaurant each and every night. Ladies how are we coming along with plating, presentation, table setting, napkin folding, use of cloth napkins when eating, use of family time while eating (no cell phones), and increased quality family time?

Attachments

• 824D8577-70A2-414A-93EC-322267758C76.jpeg
    824D8577-70A2-414A-93EC-322267758C76.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 143
  • E8A7EFBD-BD53-42E3-B48B-0233D0EE7A28.jpeg
    E8A7EFBD-BD53-42E3-B48B-0233D0EE7A28.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 135
  • A14191BE-4BBD-4465-A55A-3FA019D957EC.jpeg
    A14191BE-4BBD-4465-A55A-3FA019D957EC.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 140
Lol I thought about Ro and Christelyn today. A potential made an appointment for me to have a little unwind time today. This place is new to me. I was assigned a person to me and made to choose my choice of wine immediately upon arrival. Upon getting the wine glass I made sure I didn’t look uncouth by holding the wine glass the correct way lol. I have now noticed that many people don’t know how to hold a wine glass. It’s those little things that change ordinary into extraordinary.

I spent the entire day giving myself self love and being entirely sweet to myself and it felt soooo good.

I plan to spend the rest of my day smelling this beautiful candle and cleaning up while continuing to live all over myself. What have you done for yourself today? Much love ladies!

Attachments

• A29851D0-07C4-4D98-B68F-48FA5B1B59EB.jpeg
    A29851D0-07C4-4D98-B68F-48FA5B1B59EB.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I really don't. LOL. I don't know anyone IRL who is good at managing their home. Most of my friends have homes that are cluttered. I'm probably the least cluttered simply because I reject how I was raised, but I have no real style to my home. And I look all the time and say, "Dang, how have I not noticed all of these tiny fingerprints on the windows?" Or "Man, that ceiling fan has a coat of dust on it". I don't have a system to make sure EVERYTHING gets clean in a timely manner. Like someone wrote about washing walls the other day, and I have seriously never washed my walls in the 6-7 years we've lived in our home (well, until this past weekend when I randomly decided to start washing walls). I can't ever remember my parents doing anything like that. I'm going to look at some of the suggestions. I started with FlyLady before, but just wasn't feeling all of the emails. That's mental clutter to me. But I'll check these things out ladies!
I think that Fly Lady Kat will help! I’m looking at those videos now!! They seem really inclusive! I like they have a morning routine, laundry routine, paper routine, and afternoon routine. Just the fact that laundry is not done until it’s washed dryer AND folded and put away is a game changer for me.

I think that Fly Lady Kat will help! I’m looking at those videos now!! They seem really inclusive! I like they have a morning routine, laundry routine, paper routine, and afternoon routine. Just the fact that laundry is not done until it’s washed dryer AND folded and put away is a game changer for me.

I know it was a game changer for me. I used to have a pile of laundry in my bedroom once upon a time. I’m not saying my house is perfect but she helped me realize I had too much stuff. Prime example, I used to keep 4-5 sets of sheets. My linen closet was bursting at the seams.

In one of her videos she recommended washing the sheets then putting them right back onto the bed. I was like what?! Ya’ll I tried it one weekend and then I realized it made it an easier chore. I didn’t have to fight to fold it. My bed was made and the sheets were crisp instead of wrinkled. So I pared it down to two sets of sheets, then did the same with towels and the piles I had to force int my linen closet disappeared. It’s like magic!

Last night we had some people from church over. They were asking how I can keep my house so clean as a busy teacher and wasn’t I drowning under all the papers I needed to grade. Papers? I don’t bring papers home since Flylady Kat introduces me to a work control journal. I am compensated for 43.75 hours and I will not work a minute more. Instead I schedule my time well. This woman is my Titus 2 gift. Now if only I could get the capsule wardrobe going!

Yeah, I started yesterday and I already feel better. One thing about me is I'm a night owl. I have been since I was a small child. But I know I need to change my ways. I've heard that I need 7-8 hours of sleep all of my life, but I've been getting 5-6 most nights and I've just chalked it up to having little kids. Something clicked when she said that I need 7-8 hours of sleep. I got my behind in bed knowing that I'd need to be up at 6. I didn't fall asleep right away, but I think that consistency will be the key. I woke up and did my morning routine and I'm feeling good.

Yeah, I started yesterday and I already feel better. One thing about me is I'm a night owl. I have been since I was a small child. But I know I need to change my ways. I've heard that I need 7-8 hours of sleep all of my life, but I've been getting 5-6 most nights and I've just chalked it up to having little kids. Something clicked when she said that I need 7-8 hours of sleep. I got my behind in bed knowing that I'd need to be up at 6. I didn't fall asleep right away, but I think that consistency will be the key. I woke up and did my morning routine and I'm feeling good.
My skin and energy levels improved when so started training myself. I try to be in the bed by 10, sleep by 11 and up by 7am. This has been essential in my skin staying clear and me not feeling foggy when I get up in the mornings. I used to be very focused on productivity. I felt the later I stayed up the more I could do but actually I feel a lot more productive now.

Last edited:
Today was a good day. I invested in my first pair of real earrings today. I don’t think I’ve had real earrings since my childhood because I used to lose them all of the time lol. I bought a relatively cheap paid of diamond studs for $100 in attempt to look more well put together and classy while focusing on jewelry I don’t always have to take off because of fear it will fade lol.

I also took the time to shop for some quality undergarments. I went cheap and frequented VS, but I focused on the ones that were more expensive and felt nice. I think I got the 3 for $36 versus the 7 for $28 and found some expensive bras on clearance for $30 a piece. I hate the cheapest bras in VS. they’re flimsy. I made sure not to rush. It took me two hours but I found three sets I really liked and they felt amazing on my skin. I can’t wait to wear them.

Afterwards I treated myself to junk food but I took the time to take my time and eat. I laid out my silverware and napkin even at the mall and slowly took my time to focus on each bite instead of eating just to relieve my hunger. I made timeto take a power nap before picking up my son as well.

Self love and self preservation is sooooo key. Make sure you take time to polish your femininity each and every day. How have you loved yourself today?

How’s the candle challenge going ladies?

Last edited:
I just love going on Facebook and seeing how others plate their family’s food. It’s so classy. I just really like the idea of your family’s food looking like it came from a restaurant each and every night. Ladies how are we coming along with plating, presentation, table setting, napkin folding, use of cloth napkins when eating, use of family time while eating (no cell phones), and increased quality family time?
Good job Priss!! I love eating nice. I have always thought it makes your food taste better. This is lunch from yesterday. On the days DH is off, I make him lunch also. I blurred out my monogram napkins LOL

B51EA5D9-5052-4D7F-A7F1-DEBDCDA0772F.jpeg

Last edited:
Good job Priss!! I love eating nice. I have always thought it makes your food taste better. This is lunch from yesterday. On the days DH is off, I make him lunch also. I blurred out my monogram napkins LOL

View attachment 426612
How do you like using the cloth napkins. I’m slowly getting into it but it feels like I still need to use paper towels lol. How did you completely make a switch.

Please share when you can ! :) . I like my cloth napkins but would like to have some cute disposable ones on hand.
@hopeful And @Leeda.the.Paladin I got them from Frontgate.

Those pictured were really disposable guest bathroom towels but I use them as napkins too:
https://www.frontgate.com/belmont-rectangular-guest-towel-tray/bed-bath/guest-essentials/157639

https://www.frontgate.com/premium-monogrammed-disposable-napkins/605617

These are the ones I wash
https://www.frontgate.com/classic-hemstitch-table-linens/1092475

Lol I love parmesan too. I seldom take pics of my food because it's hard to make food look good to me. That salmon jalepeno pattie was everything though
I really want to try this. I have a salmon fillet here. I’m guessing a will finely chop it up and add garlic, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper? Maybe a little cheese? I will definitely try this in the afternoon.

@snoop did you try any of the plating ideas from Instagram? When you did cook how did come along with serving? Have you noticed any change in appreciation or mood in the house?

Hey Ladies,

I was cleaning up my Pinterest and found this site, 365 Days of Artful Femininity. I haven't had much time to peruse, but the little I read is interesting tips and reminders.

https://sites.google.com/site/thefemininearts/365-days-to-artful-femininity
How did you like this blog? Did you have a chance to go through it and point out the things you like? I wish they would have kept it going. I need to be more mindful of my words and NEVER say anything bad about myself. I’m work on that starting today for the next week. I remember to someone I said wow that makes me sound like an alcoholic. Like bruh why would you say that. Lol. I loooove wine but I’m no alcoholic. At best I drink twice a week. But I do love to socially drink. However this can be observed. I don’t need to plant bad seeds about anybody ESPECIALLY not myself.

I have a friend that does this in a sneaky way lol. She never says anything bad about anyone that could get back to her, but she asks questions like what do you think about her lol. She lets said person point out all their disdain and keeps her reputation in tact. That’s one of those Laws if Power. PROTECT YOUR REPUTATION.

Law 5 says - Reputation is the cornerstone of power. Through reputation alone you can intimidate and win; once you slip, however, you are vulnerable, and will be attacked on all sides.

Ima make sure I’m a delicate, gentle, feminine flower at all times.

I really want to try this. I have a salmon fillet here. I’m guessing a will finely chop it up and add garlic, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper? Maybe a little cheese? I will definitely try this in the afternoon.

I just used regular ole canned salmon because I'm a southern girl and that's how we make salmon patties :lol: Yep, I didn't add cheese though just did my regular salmon patties recipe and added tomato cumin jalepenos and green onions along with regular onions.

ETA: if you don't make salmon patties you just add an egg or two, bread crumbs onions, garlic, salt/pepper. I add a little mayo or sour cream for flavor too.

I just used regular ole canned salmon because I'm a southern girl and that's how we make salmon patties :lol: Yep, I didn't add cheese though just did my regular salmon patties recipe and added tomato cumin jalepenos and green onions along with regular onions.

ETA: if you don't make salmon patties you just add an egg or two, bread crumbs onions, garlic, salt/pepper. I add a little mayo or sour cream for flavor too.

I'm adding this to my next meal plan! Sounds yummy!

@snoop did you try any of the plating ideas from Instagram? When you did cook how did come along with serving? Have you noticed any change in appreciation or mood in the house?

I didn't take may pics because the meals were underwhelming. I could have improved the butter chicken with a bit of greens on top, but I was in a rush -- needed to get the kids off to their activities. This week we ate out a lot (March Break, here) and so I'm going to try plating tomorrow's dinner though it will be a challenge -- roasted chicken. I should make note of how to carve a "bird" so that by the time Christmas comes I can do the honours.

I bought some clothes online last week -- I'm working on a capsule wardrobe. I have yet to open the packages and try things on to see if they fit.

Attachments

• butter-chicken.jpg
    butter-chicken.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 74
I didn't take may pics because the meals were underwhelming. I could have improved the butter chicken with a bit of greens on top, but I was in a rush -- needed to get the kids off to their activities. This week we ate out a lot (March Break, here) and so I'm going to try plating tomorrow's dinner though it will be a challenge -- roasted chicken. I should make note of how to carve a "bird" so that by the time Christmas comes I can do the honours.

I bought some clothes online last week -- I'm working on a capsule wardrobe. I have yet to open the packages and try things on to see if they fit.
That looks really really good!!! Really good! Did the kids notice a difference?

Do any of you ladies plan meals for the week? I tend to make it up in my mind, but I would like to come up with a menu for the week. Also, how often do you all cook the same dish? For example, we tend to have spaghetti once a week. The sides I prepare are pretty much the same throughout the week. Rice, broccoli, green beans, salad, corn on the cobb, mashed potatoes and occasionally asparagus. Any tips for meal planning and getting a little more variety?

Do any of you ladies plan meals for the week? I tend to make it up in my mind, but I would like to come up with a menu for the week. Also, how often do you all cook the same dish? For example, we tend to have spaghetti once a week. The sides I prepare are pretty much the same throughout the week. Rice, broccoli, green beans, salad, corn on the cobb, mashed potatoes and occasionally asparagus. Any tips for meal planning and getting a little more variety?

I make a seasonal meal plan. One plan with 4 weeks of meals and I use this for 3 months.

I've done this for a few years now and it works out well. I vary the heaviness depending on the season -- ie heavier meals in the winter and lighter ones in the summer. I realize that I do not cook 7 days a week so I plan for 5 or 6 and then cook 4 or 5. Sometimes the days that I don't cook is because we have leftovers that I can use. I plan to cook super quick meals on the days that the kids have extra circulars oye in weekends when I need a rest.

That looks really really good!!! Really good! Did the kids notice a difference?

Haha... no. I don't plate their food that way because most times they don't want the sauces on their rice. with all of the cutting into bite sized pieces and picking and food segregation that I have to do, the grown up plates end up looking different than the kiddy plates.

Haha... no. I don't plate their food that way because most times they don't want the sauces on their rice. with all of the cutting into bite sized pieces and picking and food segregation that I have to do, the grown up plates end up looking different than the kiddy plates.
:lachen::lachen:

I forgot that tidbit lol. I fix DS plate too but I don’t plate it. It looks decentralized but yeah you right I forgot lol.

Participants -

@PrissiSippi
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1

Recap

Week 1: Create Femininity Goals. Find an accountability partner

Week 2: Print or Buy a planner. Make sure you write down and plan to do things that encompass your femininity. How many times will you cook for your family so they can practice dinner etiquette? How many minutes will you hold each child a day (10-15 minutes?) How will you polish your femininity EACH day, how will you spend one on one time with your spouse each day? Have you made time to go out with a female this week to talk girl talk? Make a plan, be intentional, and write it down.

Week 3: Be more present- Be aware of your surroundings. Don't be a phone zombie. Practice makes permanent. Constantly work on cultivating your femininity by being very present with DH, SO, your children, and friends. Choose human interactions vs social media interactions this week.

Week 4: Accept him- Accept him for who he is. This includes his strengths, his weaknesses, his goals, or lack of him. He is a person full of triumphs as well as flaws just like you. (This goal is continuous)
February- Inner Self Work
Week 5: Polish Your Poise- No one can take you out of your feminine grace except you. Work on not being reactive to problems and asserting your needs but in a gentle way. Work on your look, attitude, gratitude, gaze, and overall spirit.

Week 6: Self Preservation is Key- Learn to protect your peace. Put YOU first. Have a drama blocking plan to protect yourself.

Week 7: What's in a Voice- Work on your feminine voice. Smile. Have a sing-song sweet voice at all times...especially times of struggle.

Week 8: Rock Your Wardrobe- Aim to look feminine, put together, and GOOD every day.
Week 9: Turn Rituals Into Routine
March- Home Living
Week 10: Beautify Your Enviroment: Buy Fresh Flowers
Week 11: Focus on Your Home Aromas
Week 12: How Clean Is Your Home

Week 12:How Clean Is Your Home?

A clean home says so much about who you are as a feminine woman. A clean home is inviting and makes your family feel special and proud, and your guests feel comfortable. With just minutes a day and a PLAN, home up-keeping can be enjoyable, simple, and easy to fit into your busy life and schedule. Aim to really pay close attention to your home. MAINTAIN what the universe/God has given you. Focus on the beauty of YOUR OWN LIFE and if you don't particularly feel like it is beautiful right now, take the time to MAKE IT THAT WAY.
Clutter Affirmations:
I release clutter that does not serve me.
I am a total feminine woman and my home reflects that.
I am worthy of the desires of my heart which include a clean home.
I have ENOUGH and I am ENOUGH to replace old shabby materialistic items.

We all have it. Broken pots and furnishings still in use, spotted or old clothing still being worn, old underwear still in rotation, broken glasses, and more. These are examples of what is never found in a Royal lifestyle. Get rid of what does not give you peace. Each of these items carry latent energy that clutters our mind MENTALLY. Don’t pretend to be a feminine queen while living in rubbles. Feminine Women are royal and carry consistent, pristine energy that allows for no blockages.

1. You don’t need more space of stuff as much as you need to get rid of some things. Remember the less things you have, the easier it is to clean up. Make it easier on yourself. If you can’t clean up your kids’ room in about 15 minutes, they have too much stuff. If you can't wash one load of clothes a day and put them away and stay on top of clothes being laundered....you have too many clothes. If you cant wash and put away your dishes...you have too many.

2. Have financial respect of your husband. You don’t need more money as much as you need to reduce your expenses and STUFF. Declutter your life and create a PEACEFUL environment for your family.

3. It’s a lot of work involved in being a good homemaker. This is the reason why wives should have the option of staying at home. When one works outside of the house, the home suffers. Common areas the family suffers in include: meal planning, organization, tidiness of family appearance, and CLEANLINESS OF YOUR HOME. If you DO choose to work, make a plan to keep this under wraps.

4. Establish small routines first and then work up to more items. Don’t try to do a full-blown routine the very first day. Start small (just like this challenge) but the key is consistency and persistence.

5. A clean home DOES NOT happen over night. It is the result of tiny changes over several months.

6. What's your plan to keep your home clean and tidy all of the time? What's your plan to declutter?

Wife School's Method to Daily Cleaning

Get a garbage bag and gather ALL garbage.

Do a load of laundry EVERYDAY. However, laundry is not done until it is put away by you. Throw all dirty laundry in the bin, start a load & return all dry/clean laundry to the closets.

Clean and tidy all big items: beds, tables, sofas, etc.

Put all dishes in the kitchen, load dishwasher or wash by hand. PUT THE DISHES AWAY AFTER THIS.

ALL other items in their DESIGNATED home. NO CLUTTER OR HOMELESS ITEMS CAN STAY.

Clean off all surface tops, and let any dirt or dust fall to the floor.

Wipe & polish all walls, surfaces, then entire toilets.

Sweep and/or vacuum, then wash the floor directly (with disinfectant) to see all dirt, no far away mop.

Decorate & beautify as needed, and add a lovely smell & some peaceful music. Then have silent moment.

FLY LADY KAT'S METHOD OF CLEANING

1. There are four beginning routines: Morning Routine, Paper Routine, Afternoon Routine

a. Morning Routine: Make Bed, Wash Face, Brush Teeth, Shine Sink, Empty Dishwasher, Eat, Do one Load of Laundry, Drink some Water, Exercise

b. Afternoon: Take bath, Lay out clothes, Put 5 things away, Check Calendar, Go to Bed on Time, Load Dishwasher and Run It,

c. Paper Routine: Take Five Minutes to Throw Paper Away Away as SOON as you get it. (When the mail runs, instead of holding onto mail you pay the bill, throw the magazine away or read it, and/or file materials).

Tips to Organization

Set a daily routine. There are a handful of chores you should do each day if you want to maintain a clean and clutter-free domestic heaven. Thankfully, these chores are quick enough to squeeze in even if you work a job outside of the home or have a houseful of kids to attend to.

To reduce your stress as much as possible, plan on accomplishing each of these daily chores during a certain time of the day. Organizing your time may help you relieve some of the anxiety you feel about getting everything done.

Daily tasks you'll need to make time for include making the bed, sorting the mail, and sweeping or vacuuming the floor.

Other daily tasks should be performed as you go along. These include putting things away (to prevent clutter from developing), cleaning up as you cook, and wiping up fresh spills.

EACH DAY IS DEDICATED TO A TASK IN ADDITION TO ROUTINES

d. Monday: House Blessing – bless home for an hour- Wash sheets and put back on bed, dust and let it fall to the floor, clean all mirrors, quickly vacuum and sweep, wipe down all counters

e. Tuesday: Free Day

f. Wednesday: Planning and Desk Day – plan meals, groceries, outfits, and errands

g. Thursday: Errand Day: buy the groceries to make your meals, Go to the post office, go to the bank, do any errands needed

h. Friday: Car and Purse Day: Sit at work during a down period and clean your purse. Before you get home sit in your car and clean your car out (keep a broom and plastic bag in the car for this), and put gas in the car

i. Saturday: Family Fun Day: Do something with the family

j. Sunday: Renew Your Spirit Day – Go to church, do your hair, prepare for next week while watching shows, and etc.

2. Every Saturday Morning de-clutter and clean a Zone

a. Zone 1: Entryway and Dining

b. Zone 2: Kitchen

c. Zone 3: Living Room, and Another Bedroom, Guest Bathroom

d. Zone 4: Master Bedroom, Closet, and Bathroom

e. Zone 5: Other Bedrooms

Week 12 Challenge
1. What is your house keeping plan? Make it detailed. Using whatever method you would like, how will you make sure that you keep your home beautiful and peaceful to give you a beautiful environment that matches your beauty?
2. How could you inspire and teach your children to relieve you of unnecessary stress and help you with this process?
3. What are 3 SMALL ways you could beautify your home? Add a flower? Change out a painting? Add some sunlight? Declutter an area?
4. Focus on ONE room. Make your bedroom your sacred space. It should be clutter free (closet clutter is fine) and nothing besides bedding should be placed on top, side of, or under bed except for when sleeping.

Last edited:
Back