52 Weeks Towards Divine Femininity

How are we doing ladies?!

Ok here!! The girls have a little cold and haven't been sleeping well this week. So, I've been awakened many times. DH is off paternity leave, so I don't let him awaken with the girls. He went back to 5 days a week instead of 2-3 24-hour shifts per week!!!!!

The girls and I found a sight words song to Gucci "Lemonade" on YouTube that we've been watching endlessly!!! I'm going to incorporate more puzzles and some type of toddler PE in their schooling routines as of this week.

I've been READING instead of skimming "For Women Only." That book is awesome! It gives real reasons for male behavior and speaks to the biggest "problem" DH and I have--I feel lonely a lot and he feels I'm unappreciative. I'm so glad that our problem is common and textbook.

E: misspellings

Last edited:
Lol I stay wanting Ro to stick to only what she wants....femininity. She made a post about how African hair can’t grow long and I’m just like....bruh.

Sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She got very upset with a lady and called her "sick" because she didn't agree. Femininity gurus that charge $30k for their information argue and hurl names towards dissenters now...

Lol I stay wanting Ro to stick to only what she wants....femininity. She made a post about how African hair can’t grow long and I’m just like....bruh.
I watched one of her videos and her intonation was not pleasant...
I’m doing well over here. Still working on my goals. Focusing on my tone and not being argumentative. Dh didn’t do anything special for Valentine’s Day. He thought coming home early was a big deal but quality time isn’t my Love language it’s his. And he was so proud of himself for coming back earlier than usual.
I was authentic and told him I was disappointed, but I didn’t dwell on it. And I didn’t reject his repair attempts.

I watched one of her videos and her intonation was not pleasant...
I’m doing well over here. Still working on my goals. Focusing on my tone and not being argumentative. Dh didn’t do anything special for Valentine’s Day. He thought coming home early was a big deal but quality time isn’t my Love language it’s his. And he was so proud of himself for coming back earlier than usual.
I was authentic and told him I was disappointed, but I didn’t dwell on it. And I didn’t reject his repair attempts.
Looking back I think this is a perfect way to handle this. I understand the get sad not mad point of view. For Valentine’s Day one year my friends wanted to go to some restaurant. DH said yeah I didn’t have anything planned and I blew up. I screamed he had 365 Days to prepare and he shouldn’t come back to the house until he got me something. And that’s what he did. He left the house and got me something nice. Now he is an arse because I feel the problem didn’t get fixed. The next Valentine’s Day it was the same thing. Wack valentine’s Day present. He got me something but it was gummy worms and two socks of Reese’s I believe. But the stuff that I kept asking for....a date...I never got it. It was so annoying. But me screaming about it is emasculating when I think about it. It’s other ways to handle problems other than me screaming.

How did everyone do with the what's in the voice challenge? I've gotten sooooo many compliments on my voice this week. It's like my voice is like putty to a healthy man.

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC

Recap
Week 1: Create Femininity Goals. Find an accountability partner
Week 2: Print or Buy a planner. Make sure you write down and plan to do things that encompass your femininity. How many times will you cook for your family so they can practice dinner etiquette? How many minutes will you hold each child a day (10-15 minutes?) How will you polish your femininity EACH day, how will you spend one on one time with your spouse each day? Have you made time to go out with a female this week to talk girl talk? Make a plan, be intentional, and write it down.
Week 3: Be more present- Be aware of your surroundings. Don't be a phone zombie. Practice makes permanent. Constantly work on cultivating your femininity by being very present with DH, SO, your children, and friends. Choose human interactions vs social media interactions this week.
Week 4: Accept him- Accept him for who he is. This includes his strengths, his weaknesses, his goals, or lack of him. He is a person full of triumphs as well as flaws just like you. (This goal is continuous)
Week 5: Polish Your Poise- No one can take you out of your feminine grace except you. Work on not being reactive to problems and asserting your needs but in a gentle way. Work on your look, attitude, gratitude, gaze, and overall spirit.
Week 6: Self Preservation is Key- Learn to protect your peace. Put YOU first. Have a drama blocking plan to protect yourself.
Week 7: What's in a Voice- Work on your feminine voice. Smile. Have a sing-song sweet voice at all times...especially times of struggle.

Week 8: Rock Your Wardrobe

Let's take this week to develop our feminine appearance using what you already have. Men are very visual creatures point blank. They love to see someone balance out their masculinity with feminine aspects. To embrace your femininity....embrace what no one can take away...the fact that you are a woman. Take the time to enjoy wearing stereo-typically feminine wardrobe items like form fitting clothing, dresses, pencil skirts, low heels, bows, poofy sleeves, pink, sheer blouses, pearls, lace camisoles, flouncy tea length skirts and the occasional ruffle. Incorporate a good bra such as Wacoal, wear jewelry EACH DAY. Put on a simple makeup such as natural gold eye shadow, tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lip liner.

Week 8 Challenge

1. What's your feminine makeup routine?
2. Strive to dress feminine and wear a dress for at least 3 days this week and take in the results of people around your -- men and women.
3. What are some celebrities or pictures of women that you just LOVE their feminine style? Post a pictures!Could you emulate it?

Last edited:
1. Makeup-Routine- MUFE Foundation, Sweet as Cocoa Blush, Naked Palette Eyeshadow, Better than Sex Mascara, Beauty Store liquid Eyeliner, Dangling Earrings, and lipgloss. I've tried to get my makeup routine down to about 10 minutes, but that's a struggle lol

2. I'm wearing a dress today with a blazer. It's becoming second nature for me to wear a dress. I'm move on to more covered but sexy pieces next.

3. I'm still developing how I want to dress. Now I hate Heather's platform. It's fake Christian all the way but I LOVE how she dresses. I'm going for a more modern look than what Ro generally preaches. I love the journey of getting into dresses and looking more regal than regular degular. Heather Lindsey does a great job of being really girly and feminine in her attire. I try to browse her instagram for inspiration. I'm on a budget so I strive for about 2 outfits a month to incorporate into my wardrobe that's super girly and fun. These are some inspirations I like for everyday.

1f081fc4ec3b119f13c26e6d235d34af.jpg

img_8674-800x995.jpg

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg

Recap
Week 1: Create Femininity Goals. Find an accountability partner
Week 2: Print or Buy a planner. Make sure you write down and plan to do things that encompass your femininity. How many times will you cook for your family so they can practice dinner etiquette? How many minutes will you hold each child a day (10-15 minutes?) How will you polish your femininity EACH day, how will you spend one on one time with your spouse each day? Have you made time to go out with a female this week to talk girl talk? Make a plan, be intentional, and write it down.
Week 3: Be more present- Be aware of your surroundings. Don't be a phone zombie. Practice makes permanent. Constantly work on cultivating your femininity by being very present with DH, SO, your children, and friends. Choose human interactions vs social media interactions this week.
Week 4: Accept him- Accept him for who he is. This includes his strengths, his weaknesses, his goals, or lack of him. He is a person full of triumphs as well as flaws just like you. (This goal is continuous)
Week 5: Polish Your Poise- No one can take you out of your feminine grace except you. Work on not being reactive to problems and asserting your needs but in a gentle way. Work on your look, attitude, gratitude, gaze, and overall spirit.
Week 6: Self Preservation is Key- Learn to protect your peace. Put YOU first. Have a drama blocking plan to protect yourself.
Week 7: What's in a Voice- Work on your feminine voice. Smile. Have a sing-song sweet voice at all times...especially times of struggle.

Let's take this week to develop our feminine appearance using what you already have. Men are very visual creatures point blank. They love to see someone balance out their masculinity with feminine aspects. To embrace your femininity....embrace what no one can take away...the fact that you are a woman. Take the time to enjoy wearing stereo-typically feminine wardrobe items like form fitting clothing, dresses, pencil skirts, low heels, bows, poofy sleeves, pink, sheer blouses, pearls, lace camisoles, flouncy tea length skirts and the occasional ruffle. Incorporate a good bra such as Wacoal, wear jewelry EACH DAY. Put on a simple makeup such as natural gold eye shadow, tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lip liner.

Week 8 Challenge

2. Strive to dress feminine and wear a dress for at least 3 days this week and take in the results of people around your -- men and women.
3. What are some celebrities or pictures of women that you just LOVE their feminine style? Post a pictures!Could you emulate it?
Can I get a tag ma’am? Formerly cafedebelleza

Week 8 Challenge
I don’t wear makeup everyday. If I’m not leaving the house I wash, moisturize and put on feeeling younger- it’s a shimmery moisturizer- like highlighter. I haven’t decided if I want to wear makeup daily because I’m having skin issues and idk of makeup is exacerbating ‘em
what I do wear is foundation, concealer, blush, mascara and highlighter. I’m wearing Clinique sugar bean for a daily lipstick. I want to get lash extensions but idk where to go for them. Think Kerry Washington-esque
I don’t have work dresses for this season. I am modifying my accessories-
I love Kerry’s style.

Attachments

• 2199A397-18E0-4FA5-805E-29BC7C3FCA8A.jpeg
    2199A397-18E0-4FA5-805E-29BC7C3FCA8A.jpeg
    684.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
@PrissiSippi Heather is not legit?! I also follow her for inspirational photos. I think her look is soft and feminine.
As for week 8, I don’t wear much makeup anymore. I make sure my brows are groomed and may wear mascara and eye liner. My husband prefers a natural look so I expend a serious amount of effort on maintaining even, glowing skin.

I will need to circle back to this week’s challenge once my son is weaned. I plan to have my brows microbladed and go back to my Lattisse so that I can say I woke up like this.

I wear dresses most days. I’m working on getting that up to all days because men respond very positively. I also bought gold hoops on Saturday and noticed dangling earrings are eye catching. I’m on the hunt for a simple necklace and vintage rings.

I love this fashion blogger:
And Shirley Eniang:
Folake Huntoon aka Style Pantry:

Stella Uzo:

For makeup I like Dulce Candy’s natural looks:

Mimi Ikkon has a feminine grace I admire:
https://instagram.com/p/BfL-sljFgmm/

About to embark on my third year in my thirties and I really want to get this wardrobe thing down pat. In 2013 I entered the 'conquer your closet challenge' here on LHCF and I'm still on it. Had no idea it would take this long, but that's probably because I was also working on my home space.

Still curating my personal style, I've been able to make two lists of items I would need in my wardrobe: for the cold months and for the warmer temperatures. Winter used to be such a challenge to look cute, but I've seemed to have conquered this domain, got tons of compliments on my warm coat and my boots. I've also been sporting mid length dresses made out of thick fabric.

Here are some pictures of what direction I would like my style to take:

Xandres.jpg Xandres 2.jpg 912126_fr_pp.jpg bc61cdf885bbd8e1e9595b73f9f6557c.jpg 11175032_14.jpg

[QUOTE="TracyNicole, post: 24587707, member: 34533]I wear dresses most days. I’m working on getting that up to all days because men respond very positively. I also bought gold hoops on Saturday and noticed dangling earrings are eye catching. I’m on the hunt for a simple necklace and vintage rings.

I love this fashion blogger: [/QUOTE]

latest

*Off to search for this awesome dress*

I wore eyeshadow today for the first time in about 10 years. I’ve never stopped buying it :lachen: just didn’t wear it. I think it looked okay but I want to clean it up a bit.

E90D26FC-AA54-45B2-9FA7-15B289C06DE5.jpeg
My brows outta control but they always take too much off. I have to find some colorless brow gel or something. I don’t need to add thickness

I wore eyeshadow today for the first time in about 10 years. I’ve never stopped buying it :lachen: just didn’t wear it. I think it looked okay but I want to clean it up a bit.

View attachment 425223
My brows outta control but they always take too much off. I have to find some colorless brow gel or something. I don’t need to add thickness
That’s such a gorgeous color on you! Why do you never wear it? Sounds like me. I like to buy it more than apply it lol.

I felt out of the loop today. I put on my used to go to outfit which was black pants and a shirt. I made sure to put a necklace and belt on with it to dress it up but it wasn’t girly at all. I’m laying down thinking of what I could have done to pay it up. This same pair of black pants paired with a very ruffly shirt in a very bright color would have brought it out.

This polka dot shirt is very masculine but with a black skirt and heels or jeweled ballerina flats this would have been great.

My nails need to be done as well. I have a gel system at home so I will probably okay with it soon and try to seek to keep my nails done at all times.

OAN: I am noticing how feminine I am with DS. Or maybe tolerant. I make sure that I am not rushed. I heard another parent screaming at their child in the dr’s office. I could see the doctors turning their noses up. It really doesn’t take all of that. I’m really seeking to always be patient, have poise, and be in the moments with DS. He deserves my best.

@TracyNicole I'm falling in love with everyone you posted. This is why it's sooo important to fellowship with fellow women. It's so many designs that bounce around that really shift your perspective on certain things.

Week 8 Challenge
I don’t wear makeup everyday. If I’m not leaving the house I wash, moisturize and put on feeeling younger- it’s a shimmery moisturizer- like highlighter. I haven’t decided if I want to wear makeup daily because I’m having skin issues and idk of makeup is exacerbating ‘em
what I do wear is foundation, concealer, blush, mascara and highlighter. I’m wearing Clinique sugar bean for a daily lipstick. I want to get lash extensions but idk where to go for them. Think Kerry Washington-esque
I don’t have work dresses for this season. I am modifying my accessories-
I love Kerry’s style.
I don't wear makeup everyday either. I think I'm going to pull out my Tinted Moisturizer for most days now that my skin is flawless and just do mascara, eyeshadow, maybe a smidge of blush, and gloss.

It's Christelyn's teachable course "helping black women become more polished"..it's connected to her swirling platform so I know folks think it's about bettering yourself for white men. I am not about that.

See the photo for some course titles. There's more but I only took one.

I think I'm going to email her about working with some of the black women on IG whose focus is on feminine decor, plating etc. Part of what drew me to this thread is that the latter was something I found very feminine, but alluded me. Other black women can benefit from that as well.

Anyway, I don't expect it to be oooh wow..never heard of that impactful, as I've been around LHCF forever, thrive in all sorts of ecosystem and likely the tips can be found in the Rich Man, That Girl, Sensuality thread that are War and Peace long Lol, but you never know...so I hit Enroll.

Any tidbits you can share from Pink Pill so far :look: Is it worth the price? I'm thinking about splitting it.

I don't wear makeup everyday either. I think I'm going to pull out my Tinted Moisturizer for most days now that my skin is flawless and just do mascara, eyeshadow, maybe a smidge of blush, and gloss.
What did you do to improve your skin? I have a few blemish that won’t budge. I’m trying UrbanSkin rx but idk if I’m making much progress

Back