2020 52 Weeks To Being Divinely Feminine Thread

Agree with everything you've said. I post to communicate with family and to help. Also, there are a lot of prejudices against Black people - or people of color in general - where I live. A lot like in the US. So my aim is also to show that we aren't what the media portrays us out to be. It's not even about showing that we can be wealthy too, but more to show that we are like any other family out there who also loves and has fun and has sad moments,...etc. Life in this country is very segregated between brown vs. white vs. black and I'd like to see that changed. Try to achieve that even with the foods I cook :yep:.

I also like to help Black women see their hair differently. Many struggle with chewed up hair that is very unhealthy, so I share lots of tips but...it's no easy feat. It's ingrained in us that our hair doesn't grow and that type 4 hair is simply not beautiful :/.

Many also believe that the single life equals a sad and sappy life, so I try to show a vibrant side of that. Women here are also very masculine, as this trend is going on around the globe. Noticed it again with this confinement: some women who had to celebrate the birthday of their children at home, were simply not very creative. Others don't even know how to embrace technology in their lives, so they can shop online. Others are running around like whodunnit cause they relied on beauty salons for their maintenance.

Do you have an Instagram account that I can follow?

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@almond eyes
@tinkat
@Chicoro
@cravoecanela

Week 17: Navigating Intimacy Fears

Negative thought patterns are repetitive, unhelpful thoughts. They directly cause what we could describe as ‘negative’ (unwanted or unpleasant) emotions like anxiety, depression, stress, fear, unworthiness, shame etc. Some people use affirmation to drown them out.The problem with positive affirmations is that they operate at the surface level of conscious thinking and do nothing to contend with the subconscious mind where limiting beliefs really live. Examples of nasty voices are excuses, jealous, fear, comparison, reactionary, unforgiveness,

Identify- When you hear those nasty voices in your head, LISTEN TO THEM. Don’t hate, criticize, or blame. Seek to understand. Recognize the nasty voice for what it is, and instead of indulging in it, actively choose to indulge yourself in a better feeling thought. Trust that you are loved. Example: I am NEVER going to find a husband.They are natural. Then ask yourself some questions.

• Is this thought even true?

• Is this thought helpful or useful?

• Am I willing to do what it takes?

• When have I done this before?

• What if [insert worse case scenario] happens?

• How can I…?

Accept- The truth is that it's natural and healthy to experience a range of feelings, including less pleasant ones like disappointment, sadness, loneliness, or guilt. Accept this and open your awareness to the world around you again—LIVE IN THE PRESENT. Notice the birds in the trees, the sounds, the breeze. I get out of your head and into my life.

Love- Be patient with yourself and show yourself love. Focus on how you want to be. Using only a positive affirmation like "There is an abundance of healthy masculine men that love to give me love. My husband is looking for me right now." may backfire if you don’t truly, deeply believe it at both a cognitive and emotional level. Focus on the progress you’re making as well. I have gone out on 2 dates this month to closer to my husband. I look good every day so my husband can easier find me. Love yourself by focus on the progress.

Reframe- State your positive affirmation AND progress.

Release them in love- -Releasing statements, such as, "I forgive myself for doubting my future" or "It's okay for me to be lonely sometimes. " I am complete and beautiful exactly as I am. (Even if I need a little work)

LESS POWER

Week 17 Challenge
1. What are your intimacy fears?
2. How will you work on them?

Week 9 Challenge

This past week I felt that I was way more creative in the kitchen. I really love making new dishes. It satisfies my desire to create. I feel like I was more patient with myself and my family because I was getting more rest. I made sure to nap when my daughter was sleeping. My husband mentioned that I am softer like I use to be (whatever that means lol) but it caught me off guard because I was not expecting that. He does not know I am doing this challenge. We have been working as a team way more cohesively compared to a month ago I can admit. I contribute it to all of the work that I am doing including this challenge. All of these things are supporting me to see myself in an objective way.

1. Name 3 books you intend to read that are not self-help books. Specifically, make time to read for leisure.
Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization.
The Warmth of other Suns: Th eEpic Story of America's Great Migration
48 Laws of Power
2. What are you doing in your leisure time? Make a plan to pencil in leisure time each day. Bath time? Read a book for 20 minutes a day? Walk a mile or two? Sit on the beach? Play in the garden? Brunch with some friends? Play on a playground? Work on developing your leisure plan. What can you do for leisure each day?
I enjoy preparing meals and I have been trying out new recipes. I would like to get into gardening and creating products (moisturizers, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, cleaning products, and herbal remedies), and I would like to make some jewelry.
3. Choose a book or series of articles to read on self-development. Read it for 5 minutes each night before you go to bed, or before getting out of bed. What did you learn?
One Day My Soul just opened up is what I have been reading. I love that each day focuses on a principle or emotion. One of the days focused on doubt. I was on that chapter/day for a few days. It supported me in recognizing how my need to be in control along with my attachment to results fuels my doubt. Knowing the truth the the Universe always provides the best outcome if I believe it along with prayer and affirmation combats the doubt. Overall this book reminds me of the importance of focusing my attention on my intention.

Week 15: Feminine Mystique PART TWO

These are the best two pieces of advice, ever.
  1. "Don't let yourself get fat, frumpy, old looking, and BORING. KEEP the focus on you so you STAY ready and never have to get ready
  2. Even if your husband is a great dude. Keep money for yourself and MAKE SURE you are financially secure. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with not trusting your husband or the quality of your marriage. It deals with always having a financial plan in case something happens."
Point 1 Story about piece of advice #1 written above:
I hear and see women who believe that men care like women do. They do not. For example, women say among themselves, "If he loves you he won't care that you have gained weight...If he loves you, he won't mind that you look tired and don't have time to get dressed up.He understands that you are caring for his child." Nope.

Women don't dump a man because he starts to go bald, gets a paunch in the belly or is in need of some support due to illness or financial issues. Many women, in general, who love their significant other, look at what has been built up over time and place value on that. Most men value the opinion of other men. Many of them don't care that you have children and thus, you have gained weight. They want you to fix the fat, especially if you were thin when he first met you.

I knew a guy. He was an alpha male. He was tall, handsome and ambitious and extremely selfish and very, very unkind. He had a friend. His friend was short and fat. This same friend had a girlfriend who was also short and fat. The alpha guy told his friend to dump his fat, girlfriend. Why? Because if she was fat as a young woman, imagine how big and fat she would get over time, after marriage and children. His friend dumped the girlfriend.

Point 2 Story about piece of advice #2 written above:
A woman I know was married and had a baby at 16. She was not educated and had no income. Her husband was having an affair. She felt she had to stay because she had no money, no job and no education and a child to support. She later developed a lucrative skill and earned her own money. When you have your own money, you create options for yourself. Money and wealth may not make you happy, but they help you to have more options and choices.

Week 15 Challenge

The best way to be mysterious is honestly be so self-absorbed into you. Embrace your uniqueness. Do your hobbies, your dreams, your goals, stay in your lane, and keep your lifestyle public but your life private. What does this mean in your life?

This is where I am today: Focusing on me. It has nothing to do with being a mystery [in my case]. I pursue my interests and my passions. A self made, wealthy man who mentored me at work told me, "Pursue your interests". He was married to a woman who didn't work and they had five (5) young children under the age of 8. I doubt if he encouraged his wife to, "Pursue your interests!" but I don't know what goes on behind anyone else's closed door. This example brings home another point. In 'my experience', most ambitious, successful men do not want an ambitious women who is successful in the work environment. They build and create a world where they themselves are the sole focus, and they recruit people in their lives who are going to support them in getting what they want. That spouse is also a 'recruit'.

What does this mean in your life?
I constantly learn new things, read books and eat new things, especially since I am living abroad. I focus solely on my interests, hobbies, dreams and goals. That is because I can. I lot of women with familial responsibilities cannot, especially those who help to support a man in his climb to success and wealth. Women who are not of the "First Wives Club", those women who enter a wealthy man's life after he has become established and who did not contribute to the building of his wealth, tend to be younger and can use his wealth to be able to focus more on themselves.

Regarding public lifestyle and private life, I always remind myself that once you share information about yourself with another person, you can NEVER control what they do with the information. Thus, it is best to keep it to yourself -if you don't want the information to travel farther. Never assume because you share something with someone, in confidence, that the person will respect your wishes and keep the information 'in confidence'.

I encourage women to go after who and what they want. In the end, it is you and solely you who must live with the consequences and benefits of your choices. Might as well get what you think you want.

Last edited:
Week 16 Challenge: Social Media Image

My social media is about me as an author, optimizing the beauty of Afro-textured hair, helping women to cultivate and nurture self-esteem, and my work in the global, African community here in France. I include myself in this worldwide, global community as well. I could definitely improve and do better, though. I am working on my presence.

The timing of this challenge is excellent and a great reminder.

I just started back in September, after being absent or sporadically posting since around 2012. I have been doing the focus on self since 2012, which was Week 15 Challenge in this thread.

Last edited:
Week 17 Challenge:

I love this!
Accept- The truth is that it's natural and healthy to experience a range of feelings, including less pleasant ones like disappointment, sadness, loneliness, or guilt. Accept this and open your awareness to the world around you again—LIVE IN THE PRESENT. Notice the birds in the trees, the sounds, the breeze. I get out of your head and into my life.

Love- Be patient with yourself and show yourself love. Focus on how you want to be. Using only a positive affirmation like "There is an abundance of healthy masculine men that love to give me love. My husband is looking for me right now." may backfire if you don’t truly, deeply believe it at both a cognitive and emotional level. Focus on the progress you’re making as well. I have gone out on 2 dates this month to closer to my husband. I look good every day so my husband can easier find me. Love yourself by focus on the progress.

Reframe- State your positive affirmation AND progress.

Release them in love- -Releasing statements, such as, "I forgive myself for doubting my future" or "It's okay for me to be lonely sometimes. " I am complete and beautiful exactly as I am. (Even if I need a little work)

I agree with the bolded.

[...]

That being said, I have an insta hair app. There are all sorts of unflattering hair photos on there, but alas, it seems as though that is what people like to see. (They tend to do way better than the photos where I make an effort to do my hair and make up...which has given me a bit of a complex.:()

One tip that I picked up from Patricia Bright years ago was to whiten my eyes and my teeth in my photos. It really makes the photos stand out and look more glam.

ETA: The app that I like to use is Snapseed

I'm sorry @snoop, but I just don't get it. The 'it' is the doubt, on your part.

I attended your live chat, it was the first part, I believe. I didn't have the privilege to see it from the start. Even if you think the style of your hair at the time some of the photos were taken, is unflattering, your photos are clear, crisp and magazine worthy. They showcase what you are talking about beautifully. You are talking about caring for and optimizing the beauty of 4c hair. The quality of the pictures are perfect. The subject matter doesn't have to be. Having afro-textured 4c hair requires specialized knowledge and handling. That's the point: It is a skill that takes time and knowledge to develop and master. It's the constant cultivation and deepening of knowledge about a subject that is deemed worthy and justly and rightly so, of the hard won attention and effort it requires in order for it to flourish whether that 4c-afro-hair be braided or unfurled in all its glory. It's a journey. That to me is what your photos capture, the journey of it all. People want to see reality because that is what they are dealing with every day, in their daily lives. You show them that. You provide support, guidance and encouragement. People find things and experiences more authentic when they see that you yourself have lived them.

You have almost 40,000 followers on Instagram. That is a tremendous, tremendous accomplishment in itself. You are obviously communicating information that people find valuable. I personally 'expect' to see you having it together with hair and make-up. So do most people posting on Instragram - they post staged, looking picture-perfect photos. But how many people show us those difficult to manage, pinpoints and moments in life and snapshots of the journey that make up most of the days we experience, as we go along? That's what your information does for me, personally.

Even in difficulty, your photos are not, 'woe is me...why was I cursed with this type of hair'. It's more like, 'I'm experiencing a challenge with my beautiful hair. Let me cultivate more techniques and knowledge to figure out how to resolve this and work through this successfully, for the benefit of my hair'. You recognize that you are the keeper and protector of your hair. You are wholly responsible for the health of your hair. It is your job to identify what your hair needs for it to be at its best. You never put your hair down for being what it is. You recognize and raise up your 4c afro-textured hair and celebrate it for what it IS, unconditionally. There are no conditions placed on your love for your hair. That in itself communicates to others the acceptance and love you have for the intrinsic, natural, beauty of your hair.

Too often I see people blaming the type of hair they have because it won't act right or be something different than what it is. You constantly remind your audience that you are the caretaker of your beautiful hair and that you value it by constantly trying to learn to better understand it, while treating it gently and handling it with loving care.

You are matching point for point, photo for photo, what people live and see on a daily basis, as it relates to optimizing the beauty and health of 4c, afro-textured hair. Not only that, you are showing with your example in professional quality photos, not only that these situations exist, but that they are manageable and an important, necessary, part of the journey. Your photos CELEBRATE 4c afro-textured hair. Your photos, actions and message are congruent. That communicates authenticity, genuineness and consistency. That is a formidable and powerful combination, when it comes to communicating with others. You provide wisdom, encouragement and practical implementations that are repeatable and do-able for the average person. Your pictorials provide a story that has meaning. Life is often confusing and inconsistent. You put 4c afro-textured hair on a pedestal. It's not just 'lip service'.

Regarding the photos...what I like is how you elevate 'unflattering hair photos', your words and not my words. What you do is take the hair in its 'everyday' state, or in its 'working through something' state and make it art. You do that by framing those images in high quality, photos. Because those photos are beautifully lit, crystal clear and gorgeous in color, that speaks volumes, subconsciously to the psyche of your audience. You are showcasing the beauty of your hair. It states to me, on many levels, that you walk the talk, that you truly value 4c afro-textured hair in its true, natural state.

How often do we see photos of before and after of afro textured hair where the shrunk up state, low shine hair is demonized as being unattractive? Then, right next to it, we see the straightened, highly shiny hair that is celebrated and lionized as the goal. How often is that before, of natural 4c afro-textured hair framed in some low lit, out of focus, cheap looking photo? Where it screams, "Run as far as you can from this natural state of your hair, as fast and as soon as you can, so to quickly get to that straight shiny, really beautiful hair state, which is the better state and the ultimate goal!" Your information never communicates such an absurd idea. Never.

You once told me to stop labeling some of my results as failures. I would offer something similar to you. See the value of what you provide. To me, it's the quality and care and level of professionalism in which you communicate your message about 4c, natural, afro-textured hair. The fact that you ensure the presentation of your subject matter is ensconced and encapsulated in such visual, professionalism and beauty, communicates your value of it more so than words ever could.

Don't let the doubt dilute your message and effectiveness. Those 40,000 numbers speak for themselves. Bravo to you! Congratulations on your accomplishments! This is only the beginning, for you.

Book of Chicoro, Chapter 4, verses 38 to 75. :giggle: I know I am verbose. I don't apologize for my conviction, though.

Last edited:
Week 15: Feminine Mystique PART TWO

These are the best two pieces of advice, ever.
  1. "Don't let yourself get fat, frumpy, old looking, and BORING. KEEP the focus on you so you STAY ready and never have to get ready
  2. Even if your husband is a great dude. Keep money for yourself and MAKE SURE you are financially secure. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with not trusting your husband or the quality of your marriage. It deals with always having a financial plan in case something happens."
Point 1 Story about piece of advice #1 written above:
I hear and see women who believe that men care like women do. They do not. For example, women say among themselves, "If he loves you he won't care that you have gained weight...If he loves you, he won't mind that you look tired and don't have time to get dressed up.He understands that you are caring for his child." Nope.

Women don't dump a man because he starts to go bald, gets a paunch in the belly or is in need of some support due to illness or financial issues. Many women, in general, who love their significant other, look at what has been built up over time and place value on that. Most men value the opinion of other men. Many of them don't care that you have children and thus, you have gained weight. They want you to fix the fat, especially if you were thin when he first met you.

I knew a guy. He was an alpha male. He was tall, handsome and ambitious and extremely selfish and very, very unkind. He had a friend. His friend was short and fat. This same friend had a girlfriend who was also short and fat. The alpha guy told his friend to dump his fat, girlfriend. Why? Because if she was fat as a young woman, imagine how big and fat she would get over time, after marriage and children. His friend dumped the girlfriend.

Point 2 Story about piece of advice #2 written above:
A woman I know was married and had a baby at 16. She was not educated and had no income. Her husband was having an affair. She felt she had to stay because she had no money, no job and no education and a child to support. She later developed a lucrative skill and earned her own money. When you have your own money, you create options for yourself. Money and wealth may not make you happy, but they help you to have more options and choices.

Week 15 Challenge

The best way to be mysterious is honestly be so self-absorbed into you. Embrace your uniqueness. Do your hobbies, your dreams, your goals, stay in your lane, and keep your lifestyle public but your life private. What does this mean in your life?

This is where I am today: Focusing on me. It has nothing to do with being a mystery [in my case]. I pursue my interests and my passions. A self made, wealthy man who mentored me at work told me, "Pursue your interests". He was married to a woman who didn't work and they had five (5) young children under the age of 8. I doubt if he encouraged his wife to, "Pursue your interests!" but I don't know what goes on behind anyone else's closed door. This example brings home another point. In 'my experience', most ambitious, successful men do not want an ambitious women who is successful in the work environment. They build and create a world where they themselves are the sole focus, and they recruit people in their lives who are going to support them in getting what they want. That spouse is also a 'recruit'.

What does this mean in your life?
I constantly learn new things, read books and eat new things, especially since I am living abroad. I focus solely on my interests, hobbies, dreams and goals. That is because I can. I lot of women with familial responsibilities cannot, especially those who help to support a man in his climb to success and wealth. Women who are not of the "First Wives Club", those women who enter a wealthy man's life after he has become established and who did not contribute to the building of his wealth, tend to be younger and can use his wealth to be able to focus more on themselves.

Regarding public lifestyle and private life, I always remind myself that once you share information about yourself with another person, you can NEVER control what they do with the information. Thus, it is best to keep it to yourself -if you don't want the information to travel farther. Never assume because you share something with someone, in confidence, that the person will respect your wishes and keep the information 'in confidence'.

I encourage women to go after who and what they want. In the end, it is you and solely you who must live with the consequences and benefits of your choices. Might as well get what you think you want.

Yes!!!!!!Thanks Chicoro!!!!!!!

Best,
Almond Eyes

Wow. Love the direction this thread is taking, even during these COVID-days * me likey * :yep:.

The more I am maturing, the more I am getting back into my essence. Looking good used to be so important to me, but after getting myself into a verbally abusive relationship...all that went down the drain for like a decade. It's an everyday process, but I am getting back there:

dedb6e22-5f41-4e90-889d-17d2e28380b2.jpg d4f7176e-7fa8-44af-a3c6-a563f5a12150.jpg b118c750-8983-460c-948b-8d74aa98a972.jpg 2a7787c4-1a8a-4622-8af3-9df80360a1d4.jpg 6317713a-2ee2-4b99-a27d-3d97b9dcad54.jpg

My bil didn't mince it for me: he said guys don't really care about beauty, they care about how well put together a woman is. They care about women who invest T-I-M-E in themselves. He said women in the West are constantly 'busy', which is very off putting. As for me, I've decided to live my life to the fullest, regardless of my marital status.

All the pictures above were taking during COVID (except the one of my sis). This situation has just come to show our shortcomings, no matter which gender we belong to: some women are giving their men a hard time and some men are having trouble stepping up to the plate. I've seen vids on social media of women who simply couldn't put together a decent b-day party at home for their children, because they're used to going outside to celebrate. I know women who never took the time to learn how to shop online...

Also focusing on my hobbies and filling up my time with daydreaming + listening to music. Living by this quote:

B-gGu1cCUAAEg-O.png

Wow. Love the direction this thread is taking, even during these COVID-days * me likey * :yep:.

The more I am maturing, the more I am getting back into my essence. Looking good used to be so important to me, but after getting myself into a verbally abusive relationship...all that went down the drain for like a decade. It's an everyday process, but I am getting back there:

View attachment 458425 View attachment 458423 View attachment 458417 View attachment 458421 View attachment 458419

My bil didn't mince it for me: he said guys don't really care about beauty, they care about how well put together a woman is. They care about women who invest T-I-M-E in themselves. He said women in the West are constantly 'busy', which is very off putting. As for me, I've decided to live my life to the fullest, regardless of my marital status.

All the pictures above were taking during COVID (except the one of my sis). This situation has just come to show our shortcomings, no matter which gender we belong to: some women are giving their men a hard time and some men are having trouble stepping up to the plate. I've seen vids on social media of women who simply couldn't put together a decent b-day party at home for their children, because they're used to going outside to celebrate. I know women who never took the time to learn how to shop online...

Also focusing on my hobbies and filling up my time with daydreaming + listening to music. Living by this quote:

View attachment 458427
I love this whole post!! Men don’t care about beauty. They care about how well put together you are. Do what you can with what you have where you are now. So much to say so little time.

I'm sorry @snoop, but I just don't get it. The 'it' is the doubt, on your part.

I attended your live chat, it was the first part, I believe. I didn't have the privilege to see it from the start. Even if you think the style of your hair at the time some of the photos were taken, is unflattering, your photos are clear, crisp and magazine worthy. They showcase what you are talking about beautifully. You are talking about caring for and optimizing the beauty of 4c hair. The quality of the pictures are perfect. The subject matter doesn't have to be. Having afro-textured 4c hair requires specialized knowledge and handling. That's the point: It is a skill that takes time and knowledge to develop and master. It's the constant cultivation and deepening of knowledge about a subject that is deemed worthy and justly and rightly so, of the hard won attention and effort it requires in order for it to flourish whether that 4c-afro-hair be braided or unfurled in all its glory. It's a journey. That to me is what your photos capture, the journey of it all. People want to see reality because that is what they are dealing with every day, in their daily lives. You show them that. You provide support, guidance and encouragement. People find things and experiences more authentic when they see that you yourself have lived them.

You have almost 40,000 followers on Instagram. That is a tremendous, tremendous accomplishment in itself. You are obviously communicating information that people find valuable. I personally 'expect' to see you having it together with hair and make-up. So do most people posting on Instragram - they post staged, looking picture-perfect photos. But how many people show us those difficult to manage, pinpoints and moments in life and snapshots of the journey that make up most of the days we experience, as we go along? That's what your information does for me, personally.

Even in difficulty, your photos are not, 'woe is me...why was I cursed with this type of hair'. It's more like, 'I'm experiencing a challenge with my beautiful hair. Let me cultivate more techniques and knowledge to figure out how to resolve this and work through this successfully, for the benefit of my hair'. You recognize that you are the keeper and protector of your hair. You are wholly responsible for the health of your hair. It is your job to identify what your hair needs for it to be at its best. You never put your hair down for being what it is. You recognize and raise up your 4c afro-textured hair and celebrate it for what it IS, unconditionally. There are no conditions placed on your love for your hair. That in itself communicates to others the acceptance and love you have for the intrinsic, natural, beauty of your hair.

Too often I see people blaming the type of hair they have because it won't act right or be something different than what it is. You constantly remind your audience that you are the caretaker of your beautiful hair and that you value it by constantly trying to learn to better understand it, while treating it gently and handling it with loving care.

You are matching point for point, photo for photo, what people live and see on a daily basis, as it relates to optimizing the beauty and health of 4c, afro-textured hair. Not only that, you are showing with your example in professional quality photos, not only that these situations exist, but that they are manageable and an important, necessary, part of the journey. Your photos CELEBRATE 4c afro-textured hair. Your photos, actions and message are congruent. That communicates authenticity, genuineness and consistency. That is a formidable and powerful combination, when it comes to communicating with others. You provide wisdom, encouragement and practical implementations that are repeatable and do-able for the average person. Your pictorials provide a story that has meaning. Life is often confusing and inconsistent. You put 4c afro-textured hair on a pedestal. It's not just 'lip service'.

Regarding the photos...what I like is how you elevate 'unflattering hair photos', your words and not my words. What you do is take the hair in its 'everyday' state, or in its 'working through something' state and make it art. You do that by framing those images in high quality, photos. Because those photos are beautifully lit, crystal clear and gorgeous in color, that speaks volumes, subconsciously to the psyche of your audience. You are showcasing the beauty of your hair. It states to me, on many levels, that you walk the talk, that you truly value 4c afro-textured hair in its true, natural state.

How often do we see photos of before and after of afro textured hair where the shrunk up state, low shine hair is demonized as being unattractive? Then, right next to it, we see the straightened, highly shiny hair that is celebrated and lionized as the goal. How often is that before, of natural 4c afro-textured hair framed in some low lit, out of focus, cheap looking photo? Where it screams, "Run as far as you can from this natural state of your hair, as fast and as soon as you can, so to quickly get to that straight shiny, really beautiful hair state, which is the better state and the ultimate goal!" Your information never communicates such an absurd idea. Never.

You once told me to stop labeling some of my results as failures. I would offer something similar to you. See the value of what you provide. To me, it's the quality and care and level of professionalism in which you communicate your message about 4c, natural, afro-textured hair. The fact that you ensure the presentation of your subject matter is ensconced and encapsulated in such visual, professionalism and beauty, communicates your value of it more so than words ever could.

Don't let the doubt dilute your message and effectiveness. Those 40,000 numbers speak for themselves. Bravo to you! Congratulations on your accomplishments! This is only the beginning, for you.

Book of Chicoro, Chapter 4, verses 38 to 75. :giggle: I know I am verbose. I don't apologize for my conviction, though.

Thank you so much. I needed to hear that. I started reading this post earlier, but stopped knowing that I wanted to do so when I had some quiet time for myself knowing that you always impart wisdom. Thank you for attending the live talk, if only in part. I appreciate your support.

As for the bold, this is something that has been irking me for weeks. But this is a discussion best suited for the hair boards.

In the context of this challenge, I am still working on developing a brand of femininity that is comfortable for me. I'm learning to use photography to do so.

I will have to read this again and journal about it. Thanks again.:bighug:

View attachment 458425 View attachment 458423 View attachment 458417 View attachment 458421 View attachment 458419

View attachment 458427

Beautiful skin and hair. Love what you had to say about beauty vs taking care of yourself and putting yourself together well.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@almond eyes
@tinkat
@Chicoro
@cravoecanela

Week 18: Limiting Beliefs

A limiting belief is a belief you have (a thought you've repeated over and over and accept as fact) that you think makes it impossible for you to get what you want. Usually deeply ingrained from childhood or from past experiences.

In order to heal a limiting belief you have to replace it with a different thought. In order to heal a trigger, you have to experience it, recognize you're being triggered, accept/love this irrational feeling that's coming up, investigate if it's true, and if it's not, choose to do something different (even if it's scary).

• Could you close your eyes and imagine your soulmate?

• Limiting Beliefs: affirmation, meditation, reframe your limiting beliefs. Flip Tool is when you FLIP these beliefs and transform them to something powerful and positive like an affirmation. Examples:
    • All men are bad. → Most black men are good.

• Love doesn’t last forever. → Anything worthwhile in life requires a degree of risk.

• Men don’t like my personality. → There is an abundance of men like that who really want to LOVE me, just for being you.

• I’m not worthy of love → I am worthy of my heart’s desires.

• I’m not good enough → I am worthy. I always have been. I always will be. I am perfect just as I am.

• I fear that I won’t ever find a romantic partner → There is someone out there that likes me for me and would love to date me.

• Men want to waste my time → “The right man for me will stay”.

• No good man will want me. → There is an abundance of good single men out there willing to give me the commitment I desire.

• I can’t get out of debt → There is an abundance of wealth out there just waiting for me to take it on.

• My disability is a curse → My disability is an opportunity for me to do something that no one has ever done before.

• You can’t even get a man interested in you. You loser woman. → Delight yourself in the Lord and you shall be given the desires of your heart.

• You should give up on dating. Love isn’t for you. Can’t you see? → I am worthy of EVERYTHING good in life.

• Who do you think you are to be treated like queen of England by men? → I am a child of the Universe, a divine spark, deserving of the highest treatment and goodies that life has to offer.

• IDENTIFY WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN PUTTING OFF.

• Link massive pain to NOT doing what you want. What will happen if you don’t do what you want. What’s my life going to be like. What will it cost me?

• Link pleasure to doing it?
I discovered that the root of past self-esteem issues was my fear of rejection and abandonment. This is further rooted in the belief that you aren't "good enough." I actually asked myself why I acted the way that I did with men, and I listened and a small voice said, "Because you don't think you're good enough." I was floored!

Week 18 Challenge
1. What are your limiting beliefs?
2. What are you going to navigate this?

Week 18 Challenge
1. What are your limiting beliefs?
2. What are you going to navigate this?

This is one of my favorite things :yep: as a life coach, I see how important it is to crush LBs at the root. There are a lot of processes out there but the ones I regularly use:

-Subliminals
-Self-hypnosis
-Writing/stating affirmations
-EFT/tapping
-A multi-step process to examine and change deeper seeded beliefs
-Working with a coach or professional on the really stubborn ones

This past week gave me insight on areas that could be hindering me from connecting with my husband. I realize that I was way more playful with him prior to baby. I think adjustment to motherhood and learning how to balance the new changes in my life got me not as child-like in that way. My child definitely has slowed me down and I am playful generally with her around, but I now see the importance of having the connection in other relationships/areas of my life. I had gotten more serious (which in some instances can be of value but not all the time). I recently took a femininity test that Youtuber Chrissie released and it was insightful. I scored above average as far as expressing my femininity when it comes to Physical, Feelings, and Action. The physical was the highest with feelings right behind (very close second) and then action. I scored low with expressing my femininity with the Thinking. It makes sense to me because the thinking is linked to using your words and intellect in a feminine way. That is an area that I always feel challenged in because I am more aggressive and passionate, so I tend to be more attached to what is being discussed. I can be logical, however I am very passionate and can get in my feelings. It gave me insight on the breakdown my husband and I have at times. He grew up in a household where the communication was very feminine, especially with his mother. I feel l am learning how to communicate effectively with him all the time. There is so much I can say with this test which was interesting, I may make another post about it.

Week 10 Challenge
1. Practice saying some kind of child-like phrase once a day.
-This was more of a challenge for me. I feel like I am not as playful with my words anymore. When I reflect on this I use to be like this way more prior to baby. In some ways I have become more serious. When I play with her personally I am more playful but one on one interactions with my husband, not so much. I feel like I am more expressive with this physically. I realize that there are times when I may say things and physically move my body that is child-like because he thinks it cute.
2. Practice asking your SO or a man to do something for you that you would probably normally do each day. (Can you pass me the loaf of bread...please)-This is easy for me lol. I ask him to do things that I can do for myself all the time.
3. How could YOU play one day this week? I ended up coloring in my adult coloring book. Coloring is actually calming and brings back memories of when I colored as a child which was fun to me. How could you PLAY with others? Playing with my daughter right now is great. She is at that age where she is really growing into her personality and exploring new things like words and getting into everything. She reminds me to stay child-like and curious. A lot of times I get down to her level and just play with her which keeps me present and she loves the interaction and attention.

A friend taught me how to make a charcuterie board assortment today. It was very fun and easy to do. We ended up talking all morning about life, mother sounds, and heeling the focus on you. I really needed that girl talk today. I’ve been feeling lonely with Covid-19

Attachments

• 39618C02-8293-45D9-8A4E-AF91344E1ED2.jpeg
    39618C02-8293-45D9-8A4E-AF91344E1ED2.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 21
A friend taught me how to make a charcuterie board assortment today. It was very fun and easy to do. We ended up talking all morning about life, mother sounds, and heeling the focus on you. I really needed that girl talk today. I’ve been feeling lonely with Covid-19

That looks delish! :love:

Did the same thing two days ago: spoke to my sis from 7pm till 1am, did me so well :yep:. Love having these heart to heart moments.

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@almond eyes
@tinkat
@Chicoro
@cravoecanela

Week 19: Beautify Your Environment: Buy Fresh Flowers

Why not treat yourself to beauty?

Flowers have been scientifically proven to make you happier.

Researchers Seong-Hyun Park and Richard H. Mattson or Kansas State University found that hospital patients who stayed in rooms filled with plants and flowers had "significantly fewer intakes of postoperative analgesics, more positive physiological responses evidenced by lower systolic blood pressure and heart rate, lower ratings of pain, anxiety, and fatigue, and more positive feelings and higher satisfaction about their rooms when compared with patients in the control group". If flowers can do that for hospital patients, surely a healthy person can gain some benefit by putting them in their home. Right?

During this challenge we focus on a lot. We focus on you becoming a better girlfriend/wife. We focus on you becoming a better mother. We focus on you becoming a better housewife. All of this starts with you. This means how YOU feel comes first. It’s not just about looking feminine, it is also about living and breathing the part. One way to do so is to surround yourself with beauty. You should place fresh flowers at home, so that every time you arrive or leave, you are reminded that you are a beautiful woman with the world at her feet. From daisies to lilies, it is up to you what you want to bring into your home.

Bright, fresh cut flowers instantly improve your mood. People with fresh flowers in their homes are most likely to feel less worried and feel fewer periods of anxiety or depression.

Fresh flowers have been shown to stimulate creativity while promoting concentration. Adding flowers and fresh plants to your child’s bedroom or play area will brighten the space as well as their growing imagination, while also encouraging responsibility. Put a vase at your desk because they can also spark your creativity while you’re at work.

Week 19 Challenge Add touches of beauty throughout by adding real flowers.
  1. Already have flowers in your space? Use your feminine energy to nurture a houseplant.

Back