52 Weeks Towards Divine Femininity

I leaned back and didn’t get anyone a gift who didn’t give me or my son one. It felt good and feel balanced.

Before, I just made a list and bought EVERYONE something for Christmas. Even if you never bought me something, my mother told me to get others in the Christmas spirit and get them something. Bruhhh nah I’m good. One person texted me and told me they had to come over to bring my gift. I said oh okay honey. I’ll wait. Until I get that actual presents I’m not counting on it. Most of it is wolf tickets.
This used to be me also.

Ladies, how are you keeping your energy consistent throughout the day, every day? Some days I am just "on" and I can feel it and other people can feel it. I get compliments, men hold the door for me, let me get onto the bus first, tell me I'm beautiful, etc. But dang it, I want this type of behavior every day :look: Am I just being greedy :giggle: No but seriously, my vibe is definitely more consistently high. I want to keep it that way and increase the wattage even more. Paging @PrissiSippi

I am more intentional about being very receiving now. I really take my time to slow down so I can be taken care of. Today I let RD-J fill up my gas tank, buy me painting supplies, buy me some jewelry and help me start on my self-care box for next year. I used to be a no I have it girl, but these days I’m very very accepting. Thank you to you ladies for helping me!

Ladies, how are you keeping your energy consistent throughout the day, every day? Some days I am just "on" and I can feel it and other people can feel it. I get compliments, men hold the door for me, let me get onto the bus first, tell me I'm beautiful, etc. But dang it, I want this type of behavior every day :look: Am I just being greedy :giggle: No but seriously, my vibe is definitely more consistently high. I want to keep it that way and increase the wattage even more. Paging @PrissiSippi
I think this if perfectly okay. Everyday you won’t get men kissing your feet, but you can choose to intentionally focus on the days that they do. However if you feel that it’s not as consistent as you like, I would check my outer appearance and level up in clothes makeup and skincare and then position myself to be taken care of (be slow to do things, look like you need help, be very present and in the moment). HTH

Ladies your feminine side gets expressed when you slow down and stay in the present, relax and rest as needed, polish your femininity, and move with the natural flow of life. It's easy to get bogged down with the hustle and flow of the holiday season. How can you make time for YOU to keep the focus on you, stay in the feminine, and rest as needed?​

Last edited:
Ladies your feminine side gets expressed when you slow down and stay in the present, relax and rest as needed, polish your femininity, and move with the natural flow of life. It's easy to get bogged down with the hustle and flow of the holiday season. How can you make time for YOU to keep the focus on you, stay in the feminine, and rest as needed?​

I'm learning to be more selfish with my time and it is paying dividends. I make time for myself by leaving work early on afternoons while my children and DH are still at work. I use this time to rest, read romance novels or pamper myself. That one small change has helped me to maintain my relaxed spirit. I was so uptight before and feeling really overwhelmed. I do this at least 3 times a month.

I'm learning to be more selfish with my time and it is paying dividends. I make time for myself by leaving work early on afternoons while my children and DH are still at work. I use this time to rest, read romance novels or pamper myself. That one small change has helped me to maintain my relaxed spirit. I was so uptight before and feeling really overwhelmed. I do this at least 3 times a month.
@PeaceLover talked me into doing this before I pick up DS from daycare. It has been a gamechanger.

I cut out a lot of "doing" this year. I was trying to go to everything and do everything and be the nice girl/good girl. (Side note: Men don't connect with women through the mental, physical or spiritual paths. Explains why so many church women are single. :look:)

Now I still go to church but I do it because it feels good to me. My relationship with God keeps me grounded. I don't accept every invite. I learned to say "I would love to but I can't." I'm very selfish with my evenings and weekends. I love coming home after work to light a candle or turn on my diffuser and do my inner work. It's not a chore.

I cut out a lot of "doing" this year. I was trying to go to everything and do everything and be the nice girl/good girl. (Side note: Men don't connect with women through the mental, physical or spiritual paths. Explains why so many church women are single. :look:)

Now I still go to church but I do it because it feels good to me. My relationship with God keeps me grounded. I don't accept every invite. I learned to say "I would love to but I can't." I'm very selfish with my evenings and weekends. I love coming home after work to light a candle or turn on my diffuser and do my inner work. It's not a chore.

This has been my sentiments too. Through this challenge, I've really learned how to just be. I learned that I don't have to "do" anything. I am loved for just being that's the power of a woman. I've really done the inner work to be okay with not being able to do everything at all times and putting my needs and wants FIRST. Surprisingly I've become more productive than when I was doing EVERYTHING.

What all do you do for inner work?
I do affirmations, meditations, flipping limiting beliefs as needed, weekly self dates, mirror work, and makeup haha

:birthday2: This girl asked me to make strawberries, pretzels, and favor boxes for her daughter’s bday party. The baby is DS’s little friend so I said SURE but I added if she bought the strawberries, chocolate, sprinkles, pretzels, and cupcake cups. She can’t even do that. Luckily she didn’t ask me to get that too or I would have just said NO. But I’m proud that I didn’t step up and say I’ll go get the stuff. I even have strawberries on hand. Nope nope nope. I’m goibg to relax today. :drunk:

How are we staying feminine to being given Christmas gifts? I was given logical gifts like an electric can opener, a garlic press, copper pan, socks, and etc. I loved all these gifts but I also want girly stuff like a necklace. How do you say it in the future?

This definitely turns routine into a ritual. I would add a candle, dimmed lights, and a vase of flowers to feel like a feminine goddess even in my dreams! I might have to try silk bedding out

You know I'm on it! Been lighting it up as soon as I wake up for the past 2 days. Also listening to John Legend's 'All of me' :yep:. My orchids are budding and should come into full bloom in a couple of weeks.

How are we staying feminine to being given Christmas gifts? I was given logical gifts like an electric can opener, a garlic press, copper pan, socks, and etc. I loved all these gifts but I also want girly stuff like a necklace. How do you say it in the future?

Most people in my immediate circle know that I'm busy decorating my home, so they usually gift me something from a home goods store. They also take cues from the pictures I post on FB about hair care, natural products for personal hygiene, clothes since I'm working on my capsule wardrobe,...etc.

Most people in my immediate circle know that I'm busy decorating my home, so they usually gift me something from a home goods store. They also take cues from the pictures I post on FB about hair care, natural products for personal hygiene, clothes since I'm working on my capsule wardrobe,...etc.
I guessing I’m asking how do you get people to take cues. In the past many people didn’t take cues. They just got me what they wanted me to have.

I guessing I’m asking how do you get people to take cues. In the past many people didn’t take cues. They just got me what they wanted me to have.

Do you speak to these people very often? Like have long winded conversations like we women love to have :lol:? For instance: two of my sisters, who I often speak to, got the cues. My other sister, who is very busy with her small children, didn't really get the cues and just gave me money.

IMHO, only thoughtful people actually pay attention to things like that. My friends were complaining about it on Boxing Day: the brother-in-law gave them a gift card to go to a fancy restaurant, just the two of them...even though they have 2 small children under the age of 2 and can barely find babysitters as is :/.

I explained to Dh that things for the house aren’t gifts. They will be purchased regardless. They aren’t special or unique to what I want or asked for.
He is my sole gift giver.
I make sure I don’t make it an emotional conversation. Very straight forward.

I’m usually very clear on what I want and if i don’t want anything, just say that. I’m not difficult about it, meaning I don’t argue people when I don’t want a gift but they insist on giving me one.

Practiced my boundaries today. I went to a nice steakhouse with a friend and because she didn't arrive yet, they didn't want to seat me. I pushed back and asked "I can't sit at the table and wait?" So the hostess led me to a table. After sitting down, I noticed the tablecloth was dirty and there was a wine glass stain on the table. I pointed it out to the server and she seemed put out and asked well do you want to move to another table or for us to change it? I said whatever works for you but the tablecloth isn't clean. Then a male server came by and looked at and tried to say "it's probably just from someone putting a glass down...do you want to move to another table or a new tablecloth?" I again said in a controlled tone of voice that whatever is convenient for them as long as we are placed at a table with a clean/fresh tablecloth. This isn't a cheap restaurant! And I'm not paying to eat over someone's used tablecloth :nono: Of course he fixed everything :yep:

Sometimes it's difficult for me to speak up or I just let things slide. Nope! Not anymore :yep:

I find that most people simply do not take cues. Like @Maracujá said, only truly thoughtful people will take cues. When my husband would ask me what I want for Christmas I would say nothing and end up with something I didn't like. This year I sent my husband two links to gifts I wanted and he got both items for me. Is it as romantic as it would have been if he came up with it on his own? Of course not, but I got what I wanted.

Practiced my boundaries today. I went to a nice steakhouse with a friend and because she didn't arrive yet, they didn't want to seat me. I pushed back and asked "I can't sit at the table and wait?" So the hostess led me to a table. After sitting down, I noticed the tablecloth was dirty and there was a wine glass stain on the table. I pointed it out to the server and she seemed put out and asked well do you want to move to another table or for us to change it? I said whatever works for you but the tablecloth isn't clean. Then a male server came by and looked at and tried to say "it's probably just from someone putting a glass down...do you want to move to another table or a new tablecloth?" I again said in a controlled tone of voice that whatever is convenient for them as long as we are placed at a table with a clean/fresh tablecloth. This isn't a cheap restaurant! And I'm not paying to eat over someone's used tablecloth :nono: Of course he fixed everything :yep:

Sometimes it's difficult for me to speak up or I just let things slide. Nope! Not anymore :yep:
This is so amazing. I loooove it how you assessed the situation, thought about what you needed/would tolerate and then said it in a feminine way.
  • You weren't rude- Example: Eye rolling lol
  • You weren't critical Example: For how much money this place charges, I can't believe that this place looks like this.
  • You weren't controlling, bossy, or demanding Example: I'm not gonna tolerate this at ALL! Yall are going to fix this RIGHT NOW.
  • You looked out for SELF Example: You knew you deserved a nice clean environment to enjoy your dinner and you stuck to that preference instead of saying...eh...it's not THAT bad.
  • You said it so feminine: "Whatever is convenient for them as long as we are placed at a table with a clean/fresh tablecloth."
LOL Where is that I said what I said when I said it GIF at hahaha.

As we wrap this challenge up and post our results, please don’t forget to practice self-compassion. It’s not always the destination that is important. It is also the journey! So rather than focus on what you didn’t do, focus on what you did in the realm of femininity.

• When you forget to polish your femininity, forgive yourself.
  • When you get lost in the past or future rather than focus on present, forgive yourself.
  • When you are inconsistent with daily acts of self-care, forgive yourself.
  • When you slip into masculine roles and act critical, corrective, complaining, coddling, and more, forgive yourself.
  • Spend MORE time thinking about what you DID do than obsessing about what you didn’t do.
  • Onwards and upwards ladies.

Next year I'm going to try to be more intentional in the way that I carry out the weekly challenges, especially ther ones that help me achieve my goals for the That Girl challenge.

All year I have been thinking about what it means to me to be "feminine" (I think that was a discussion one week). I'm not sure that I have a clear idea of what that means to me yet, but I feel like I've gotten closer. Thank you @PrissiSippi for hosting and everyone else for sharing your updates weekly! I'm looking forward to growing with you and polishing my femininity in 2019!

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 52 Weeks to Divine Femininity Challenge. It truly was an amazing experience and a feminine packed year.

We really have made some strides in this year and I know we're a million steps closer to polishing our femininity! I can’t wait to see what success everyone will make in next year’s challenge. Love y’all and Happy New Year!!

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen:

DH used to do this as well. In my nice sweet voice I told him honey....I really need some time to focus on me and recharge from the baby. When the door to the makeup room is closed could you please not bother me so I can unwind and look beautiful for you
Love :love: love this response.

Back