2019 52 Weeks To Being Divinely Feminine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that because I honestly don’t even know what I’m going to do about my back. I already have a disability and it’s no DOUBT this accident has added to my problems. My neck and back hurt soooo bad especially at night.
:bighug:
I Hope you get well soon.

@PrissiSippi
Also, if walking seems too daunting see if you can get chiropractic care for some gentle manipulation or even chair yoga/chair stretching (research yt vids). The main thing is not letting yourself get stiff & stuck in the pain.
Do you have a brace for your neck?

@PrissiSippi
Also, if walking seems too daunting see if you can get chiropractic care for some gentle manipulation or even chair yoga/chair stretching (research yt vids). The main thing is not letting yourself get stiff & stuck in the pain.
Do you have a brace for your neck?
Yep I have a neck brace! It’s so hard to sleep in it though.

One of the bonuses of doing this work is that now I'm VERY attune to my energy. And my energy was so OFF this evening. I know exactly what caused it :nono: But I allowed the bad feeling. I didn't resist it. It feels like it's fading a bit now. I'm thinking about doing one of my feminine energy modules or watching a YT video to further pick up my energy. Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

@PrissiSippi I hope you are feeling better today.

To stay in my feminine energy today I am going to wear some natural makeup and lip gloss while I cover my coworkers shift. I’m not in a dress or skirt, and I’m tired today too. But I will still make an effort.

I’m planning to meet up with SO later this evening, so to keep him steady in his masculine (and to counter the behavior of the other women in his life smh), I will hold my SO’s hands and alternate between holding his full hand and just a few of his fingers at a time, very lightly. I will make sure I smell nice and show childlike excitement to see him again (even though I stayed at his house last night), complete with giggles and a smile that makes my nose wrinkle and my eyes squeeze. I will hold his face in both of my hands and kiss parts of his face that aren’t his lips. I always keep lip gloss in my car and apply it before I get to him, so that’s a given. I’m also carrying the purse he got me for my birthday :)

To stay in my feminine energy today I am going to wear some natural makeup and lip gloss while I cover my coworkers shift. I’m not in a dress or skirt, and I’m tired today too. But I will still make an effort.

I’m planning to meet up with SO later this evening, so to keep him steady in his masculine (and to counter the behavior of the other women in his life smh), I will hold my SO’s hands and alternate between holding his full hand and just a few of his fingers at a time, very lightly. I will make sure I smell nice and show childlike excitement to see him again (even though I stayed at his house last night), complete with giggles and a smile that makes my nose wrinkle and my eyes squeeze. I will hold his face in both of my hands and kiss parts of his face that aren’t his lips. I always keep lip gloss in my car and apply it before I get to him, so that’s a given. I’m also carrying the purse he got me for my birthday :)

One bad habit I have is that I snort when I’m really happy and laughing. One of my suitors said every time I made you snort I felt like I won a prize. Lol I thought about being really Childlike when he said that.

Good morning feminine ladies! I’ve been up early enjoying creamy luxurious hot chocolate and using a little creative energy to paint and get my garden together for the spring. What did you do to polish your femininity today?

Met a friend in Brussels yesterday, went to have lunch with her. Then we went shopping and later on we had coffee. It was very nice to just be, I start work back on Monday.

Today I went to our prayer meeting, then I took a walk and came home. Did some grocery shopping for my mom and then I just came home and started working in my fashion journal. Watched 'Courageous' just a minute ago and now I'm here on LHCF.

Energetically, I'm feeling so much better today. I had a lazy day--after working out at orange theory. I even took a nap which felt like a luxury! Then I decided to do some inner work. I decided to work on limiting beliefs today. I found these two videos very helpful and wanted to share:

After watching the videos, I identified 9 limiting beliefs in the area of love/relationships alone. NINE. I plan to work through each one of them methodically (and also use EFT to tap on them) and then re-start the process for my fitness and weight loss journey. :yep:

Energetically, I'm feeling so much better today. I had a lazy day--after working out at orange theory. I even took a nap which felt like a luxury! Then I decided to do some inner work. I decided to work on limiting beliefs today. I found these two videos very helpful and wanted to share:

After watching the videos, I identified 9 limiting beliefs in the area of love/relationships alone. NINE. I plan to work through each one of them methodically (and also use EFT to tap on them) and then re-start the process for my fitness and weight loss journey. :yep:

I saved these to my watch later playlist. I can’t wait to watch.

Yesterday a guy friend called me kinda complaining about how he was paying $10 one way for an Uber to work because he doesn't have a car. Old Priss would have been like oh I'll come pick you up! I would rationalize it in my mind like it's ony 30 minutes out of my day and I'm a blessing to someone else. Now, I still would have gotten him. He's a good friend, BUT only after he asked me and it would be a one time thing. He never asked and I didn't step into masculine mode to try to "coach" him. I'm only the cheerleader.

I went to McAllister's and shopping with my line sister. Even though my back was killing me, it was very relaxing to just be and laugh with my friends. I also went walking in the park and saw some beautiful older black women playing tennis. I hope I'm that youthful and energetic at their age.

Hopefully today I can take little one to the park and go to church and then come home to plate some kind of food.

I'm reading this book and it has this for what a wife should do:

Warm up his life with your love
Improve his life as a helper
Follow his leadership with a willing heart
Esteem him highly with utmost respect

The part about improving his life as a helper is what gets a lot of women (younger women). You don't have to DIRECTLY help him for him to appreciate you. Just you being a CHEERLEADER is enough. You never coach him. The cheerleader watches from the sidelines. She never tells him HOW to play the game. She is always optimistic and looks to his GOOD side when he does something right. She cheers him on to continue to do good deeds. SHE DOESN'T GET ON THE FLOOR TO HELP HIM PLAY THE GAME. That is very result-driven and masculine. Let's polish our femininity by leaning back and focusing on just BEING. What could you take off the coach hat and focus on being the cheerleader?

STOP OVER-FUNCTIONING

1. Do not offer unsolicited advice to men. No coaching. I don't care if you know how to save him money by switching to Geico. I don't care if he can't plan vacations and it seems like he needs your help. You plan your OWN vacation and go with your girls and you let HIM plan yall's vacation by himself.
  2. Make time to do the experiment of doing LESS to see what would happen.
  3. Keep the focus on YOU.
  4. Remember men fall in love with who they invest in not who invests in them.
  5. Lean Back let them do it.
  6. Cooking, running errands, doing "favors" for them, don't EVER do more than you can.
  7. Over-functioning takes away your time and energy to create, be, love, and just enhance your femininity.
Examples of Overfunctioning

1. Doing chores when you know you're exhausted.
2. Doing little chores that he didn't ask you to do to make his day better (within reason)
3. Agreeing with him even though you know at what he's saying is bull (Say it feminine though)
4. MAKING him go to church because it will make him be a better person.
5. MAKING him get involved in stuff he doesn't want to do because it will enhance his life.
6. MAKING him make lifestyle choices instead of giving him space to make his own choice.
7. You teach people that they don't have to do anything for themselves because you'll do it INCLUDING being nice and catering to YOU.
8. Doing manly chores because they don't "do it right".
9. Doing your children's homework/project or bringing them their folder, books, and etc that they keep leaving because they'll make a mistake or bad experience. (It doesn't serve THEM).
10. Trying to "help" at the expense of your time, relaxation time, or downtime.
11. You run and get the door for your suitor instead of slowing down and letting THEM get the door for YOU and you be RECEPTIVE.
12. Anytime you're doing something to "compete" to keep a man. (Cooking, cleaning, taking care of children that are not yours) Remember to keep the focus on you. It's okay to like cooking, cleaning, dressing girly, and etc. but make sure your mental mindset is that you're doing this for YOU and not to get or keep a man.
13. Quitting your job, changing your hours around, or moving to be near him with NO commitment. If HE wants the relationship, best believe his actions will show you this. I don't care if he has to drive six hours....if he wants you he just does.
14. Doing favors for, sharing resources with, giving money to, or buying gifts for your family, significant other, friends, and etc. things in hopes they will do the same for you or even if they do not do the same for you. Match their energy.

Last edited:
This is absolutely great. I wish more young women knew this. It is sad to see people treating men as if they are the prize. No, women are. But we have to believe it and demonstrate it through our actions.

The part about improving his life as a helper is what gets a lot of women (younger women). You don't have to DIRECTLY help him for him to appreciate you. Just you being a CHEERLEADER is enough. You never coach him. The cheerleader watches from the sidelines. She never tells him HOW to play the game. She is always optimistic and looks to his GOOD side when he does something right. She cheers him on to continue to do good deeds. SHE DOESN'T GET ON THE FLOOR TO HELP HIM PLAY THE GAME. That is very result-driven and masculine. Let's polish our femininity by leaning back and focusing on just BEING. What could you take off the coach hat and focus on being the cheerleader?

STOP OVER-FUNCTIONING

1. Do not offer unsolicited advice to men. No coaching. I don't care if you know how to save him money by switching to Geico. I don't care if he can't plan vacations and it seems like he needs your help. You plan your OWN vacation and go with your girls and you let HIM plan yall's vacation by himself.
  6. Cooking, running errands, doing "favors" for them, don't EVER do more than you can.
  7. Over-functioning takes away your time and energy to create, be, love, and just enhance your femininity.

2. Doing little chores that he didn't ask you to do to make his day better (within reason)
3. Agreeing with him even though you know at what he's saying is bull (Say it feminine though)
5. MAKING him get involved in stuff he doesn't want to do because it will enhance his life.
6. MAKING him make lifestyle choices instead of giving him space to make his own choice.
7. You teach people that they don't have to do anything for themselves because you'll do it INCLUDING being nice and catering to YOU.
9. Doing your children's homework/project or bringing them their folder, books, and etc that they keep leaving because they'll make a mistake or bad experience. (It doesn't serve THEM).
11. You run and get the door for your suitor instead of slowing down and letting THEM get the door for YOU and you be RECEPTIVE.
12. Anytime you're doing something to "compete" to keep a man. (Cooking, cleaning, taking care of children that are not yours) Remember to keep the focus on you. It's okay to like cooking, cleaning, dressing girly, and etc. but make sure your mental mindset is that you're doing this for YOU and not to get or keep a man.
13. Quitting your job, changing your hours around, or moving to be near him with NO commitment. If HE wants the relationship, best believe his actions will show you this. I don't care if he has to drive six hours....if he wants you he just does.​

STOP OVER-FUNCTIONING

13. Quitting your job, changing your hours around, or moving to be near him with NO commitment. If HE wants the relationship, best believe his actions will show you this. I don't care if he has to drive six hours....if he wants you he just does.​

I love this! What is the name of the book?

One bad habit I have is that I snort when I’m really happy and laughing. One of my suitors said every time I made you snort I felt like I won a prize. Lol I thought about being really Childlike when he said that.

I think snorting is hilarious! It makes me laugh even harder lol

I was able to practice receiving and appreciating men today. One of the men who works in my apartment building gave me an Easter card today. He is always trying to give things to me. He gave it to me as I was leaving so I made sure to thank him for the thoughtful gesture when I returned back home.

I also ordered a small coffee drink and when the guy handed me my order, I saw that it was a larger size. So I innocently asked "is this a large?" He was kind of like hush don't say anything. So I said "thank you, that was very kind of you" and gave him a smile.

I affirm:
Men are always trying to give to me.
Men are always showing up for me and trying to make me happy.
I joyfully receive from men.

Recap
January
Week 1: Create Femininity Goals. Find an accountability partner/Buy a Planner
Week 2: Be Present
Week 3: Polish Yourself to become Pretty n Poised
Week 4: Block History Month
February
Week 5: Self Preservation isn't a Luxury; It's Essential
Week 6: What's in a Voice?
Week 7:
Week 8: Turning Routines into Rituals
Week 9: Manage Your Leisure Time
March
Week 10: Be like Children; Not Childish but Childlike
Week 11: Let's Get Some Sunshine
Week 11.5: Stop Over-functioning
Week 12: Looking with Fresh Eyes

Week 12: Looking with Fresh Eyes

My dog died this week. My life changed in the blink of an eye. I let him out to go to the bathroom at 6:00 a.m. At 6:45 I noticed he never came back from my back yard. My son asked "Where is Loui?" over and over and I reluctantly had to leave to go to work and I made plans of coming back to let him in on my lunch break. I pulled out of the driveway and turned the corner and I saw my cute lil puppy in the road. I cried, cried, and cried mostly because I knew I would never see him after this day.

All that to say, the next day I remembered EVERYTHING. I usually get annoyed. He wakes me up so loudly. I hear him as he barks barks barks with CONVICTION and wants me to take him out NOW. He eats his food ONLY if you stand right there by him and say, "Loui eat." He feels so soft and cuddly as I stroke his head while reading articles and watching tv. He always smells like the fresh smell of grass because despite me bathing him weekly....he just loves the grass and he loves to play.

Until he had died, I had forgotten all of this. It had become my normal. I mean he does all of this every single day. And even though he brought me so much joy, you forget how powerful every little thing makes you feel. Sadly, it took his death to look at him with appreciation and with fresh eyes. What are you taking advantage of this week? What could you be grateful about?

Another example is when you go into a kitchen. You instantly smell the aroma of freshly cooked food because it's hits you. You feel it intensely at first in your stomach. Mmmmm you can't WAIT to eat. However, after 5 minutes, you don't notice the smells anymore. Does this mean the food got less yummy? No...but you just got used to it being there.

You may have to start small. If he wants to hold your hand, relax and really really laser focus on the feelings from holding his hand. Can you feel the grooves in his hand. Can you feel the soft warm squeeze on his fingers as they lace through your fingers. RELAX. Feel yourself becoming more receptive and open to your feelings and sensations. Squeeze his feelings back. Let go of thoughts of the future. Stay in the present. By starting small you can easily train yourself to move on to hugs and then kisses and then more. Stay receptive and open to what comes next. Stay present.

Recently my ex-husband brought me some food. In my head, I said something to the lines of "He couldn't even do that when he was at home." That's an example of living in the past. I made the decision to breathe in and out, I slowed, down, and instead just said "Thank You!" and smiled. Of course, we all have boundaries. My boundary hasn't changed (to remain divorced) but my mindset to make a conscious choice to enjoy the present, can.

We need boundaries in order to keep us emotionally and physically safe. However, we don’t have to bring our past experiences with toxic or tough people to every interaction with them and we don’t have to replay old movies in our head of how we already know them and what they are all about.

Pure presence in the moment and seeing things with fresh eyes helps your CEO (masculine brain) shut off and relax. It is so much more meaningful and, in fact, fun, to just go with the flow, remain receptive, and see what happens. Like the memory of my dog, once things become familiar to us we no longer see them. However, as it relates to being feminine, we must make the effort to stay in the present see things fresh.

When we’re fresh and present, everything expands to be more fully and authentically alive…you notice everything. The smell of your mother's roses when you enter her driveway. The sight of a flower coming out for the first day of spring. They way your child wrinkles their nose when they see you after school. You see the beauty of life around you. We open life up and we live authentically. The simple choice to use your senses, be present, and to see things fresh brings the frequency of love that is all there really is to see.

Keep the focus on you. Keep your focus on the present. Every day make the choice to see things with fresh eyes.

Week 12 Challenge
1. Take the time this week to be very present. How do you feel? What did you do?
2. Continue to focus on not rushing. Take your time. Look at life like this was your first day seeing it. Notice the beauty in flowers. Notice how your children smile so innocently when exposed to new things. Take in your friends' excitement over seeing/spending time with you. Slow down. Focus on one thing at a time. Take in the beauty all around you. Be present.
3. What/Who could you look at with fresh eyes?

Last edited:
I was able to practice receiving and appreciating men today. One of the men who works in my apartment building gave me an Easter card today. He is always trying to give things to me. He gave it to me as I was leaving so I made sure to thank him for the thoughtful gesture when I returned back home.

I also ordered a small coffee drink and when the guy handed me my order, I saw that it was a larger size. So I innocently asked "is this a large?" He was kind of like hush don't say anything. So I said "thank you, that was very kind of you" and gave him a smile.

I affirm:
Men are always trying to give to me.
Men are always showing up for me and trying to make me happy.
I joyfully receive from men.

That's what I'm talking about :grin: can't wait to bump up to that level!

I'm really trying to focus on my receptivity especially in trying times where my vibrations are not as high.
  • My ex-husband came to the house and brought me food all week. He drove an hour to come see me and baby boy. He surprised us with something different on a few different occasions.
  • I took baby boy to McDonalds to play in the playhouse. They upgraded my fries for free and of course I said thank you.
  • My brother offered to get my lawn landscaped before the week was out.
  • My mother offered to keep DS for an entire day and instead of saying I got it I was thankful and appreciative.
I affirm:
I am divinely cared for at all times.
I am open and receptive to all that the Universe has in store for me!
I fully accept with thanks and great faith.

Speaking of being receptive:

Went to the grocery store today and ran into a good friend. She was there with her lil babygirl, who's under 2. She said she was unable to pay for the bag of oranges she bought, because her daughter wouldn't let go of them. We spoke a lil bit and then we parted ways.

I entered the grocery store, went to the Customer Services department and explained my friend's situation. I also offered to pay for the oranges. The lady said it was not necessary. Then I mentioned that two weeks ago, I forgot to pay for the grocery bag I took. Again, she said: "no problem, thanks for your honesty." Granted these were not men saying/doing this, but it will come lol.

Last week I was so playful at the Apple store in Brussels:

IMG_1362_zpsizgfebm8.jpeg

Was there for a course on photography and we had to play little fun games. I got paired with a man in his 50s-60s who happens to be a realtor. It was interesting, that generation didn't grow up with too many screens. So they're very social :yep:.

Today I got home and got creative for my IG account:

Would like to start filming my cooking endeavors regularly. Might be able to pass it on to my lil nieces later on, once they leave the nest. :cloud9:

Today I was not a coach. Today I was (and will continue to be) my SO’s cheerleader. He seems to have noticed and has taken a liking to that. He doesn’t often ask me for help, and he’s never asked me for advice. Most of the times he’s asked for help were clearly (to me at least) ways to get me to cook with him. I don’t enjoy cooking and he’s too fast paced for me. I need to take my time to cook, preferably with a glass of wine. If I cook it will be on my terms

Went back to the coffee shop and saw the same barista. I took my time deciding what I wanted to order but he started to ring up my usual order (guess he's been paying attention). So I smiled and made a joke about coming there too often. I said "I was thinking about trying something new..." He made some recommendations and I decided to go with one of his suggestions. :yep: He said "just let me know if you don't like it--you should get what you pay for." So when he handed it to me, he watched kind of sheepishly as I took the first sips. I said "hmmmmmmm" and he said "I guess that means you like it!" I said "I do! Thank you!" He also upgraded to a larger size than what he charged for. :yep:

DH finally realized that lawn maintenance beyond mowing, edging, and basic stuff was getting the best of him. He could not keep the weeds away. But I have been quiet FOR YEARS about it. It wasn't until he talked to a male friend of the family who said that he has a company come and do treatments and it costs less than what he was spending on fertilizer and all of that stuff. That's when DH decided to call someone.

Anyway, the lawn care guys came today as DS and I were about to walk out the door. One of the men rang the doorbell to let me know they were there and he said, "I have a favor to ask." In my head, I was thinking, "Here we go..." but I said, "What's the favor?" He told me that the home they previously visited had a dog and his partner had to jump the fence. He asked if I had a band-aid. He looked at my son and said, "But not a Paw Patrol one." I laughed and said, "Look, beggars can't be choosers." Then I went and gave him the little first aid kit that I keep in my purse. It had a few band-aids, some antiseptic wipes, etc. I told him to keep it because I have a bigger first aid kit and can just restock.

So, he went back outside and they started doing what they do as I was getting DS ready. I opened the door as they were finishing up and asked when they would be back. The man said, "We'll be back in 4 weeks. We did the pre-emergent in the back and up here in the front. Just stay off the backyard grass for about an hour. Up here we added the spray since you were so nice to us. So, this will be more effective and more attractive quicker. You'll have the best yard of all of your neighbors. Stay off of this for about a day." I thanked them and they packed up and left. I know nothing about any of that stuff, but I did a quick search on their website. It looks like he added an extra service for free! He didn't note it on the invoice. They did some hydroseeding in the front yard. So, I'm excited to see some nice, lush grass this spring/summer.

I was a relaxed (and thus more gracious) hostess this weekend!

I used to get worked up when company was visiting - spending hours deep cleaning, planning a special menu, dressing sharply, and running around stressing for things to go the exact way I pictured it in my mind.

This weekend I stayed in the moment and relaxed. I served menu items that I made in advance, so I was able to spend time with my guests versus running back and forth to the kitchen.

I even told DH that he could wear shorts (with a nice shirt) instead of making him dress up.

We had a wonderful evening was full of warm spirits and conversation.

DH keeps complimenting me on the great job I did.

DH finally realized that lawn maintenance beyond mowing, edging, and basic stuff was getting the best of him. He could not keep the weeds away. But I have been quiet FOR YEARS about it. It wasn't until he talked to a male friend of the family who said that he has a company come and do treatments and it costs less than what he was spending on fertilizer and all of that stuff. That's when DH decided to call someone.

Anyway, the lawn care guys came today as DS and I were about to walk out the door. One of the men rang the doorbell to let me know they were there and he said, "I have a favor to ask." In my head, I was thinking, "Here we go..." but I said, "What's the favor?" He told me that the home they previously visited had a dog and his partner had to jump the fence. He asked if I had a band-aid. He looked at my son and said, "But not a Paw Patrol one." I laughed and said, "Look, beggars can't be choosers." Then I went and gave him the little first aid kit that I keep in my purse. It had a few band-aids, some antiseptic wipes, etc. I told him to keep it because I have a bigger first aid kit and can just restock.

So, he went back outside and they started doing what they do as I was getting DS ready. I opened the door as they were finishing up and asked when they would be back. The man said, "We'll be back in 4 weeks. We did the pre-emergent in the back and up here in the front. Just stay off the backyard grass for about an hour. Up here we added the spray since you were so nice to us. So, this will be more effective and more attractive quicker. You'll have the best yard of all of your neighbors. Stay off of this for about a day." I thanked them and they packed up and left. I know nothing about any of that stuff, but I did a quick search on their website. It looks like he added an extra service for free! He didn't note it on the invoice. They did some hydroseeding in the front yard. So, I'm excited to see some nice, lush grass this spring/summer.

Are you me??? Lol. DH and I had been having the same discussion about our lawn for a few years. He is frugal and doesn't like to pay people for something he feels he can do himself. Well, the end result has been a yard full of weeds, bare spots and letters from our HOA. I decided to keep quiet and just make sure our flower beds look nice. Last fall he finally realized that we may need a professional. Since the fall they have aerated, put down seed, pre-emergent and all the other stuff that needs to be put down. All of this coupled with the rain we've been getting has our grass looking thick, lush and green. Its amazing what they've been able to do in a relatively short amount of time.

Are you me??? Lol. DH and I had been having the same discussion about our lawn for a few years. He is frugal and doesn't like to pay people for something he feels he can do himself. Well, the end result has been a yard full of weeds, bare spots and letters from our HOA. I decided to keep quiet and just make sure our flower beds look nice. Last fall he finally realized that we may need a professional. Since the fall they have aerated, put down seed, pre-emergent and all the other stuff that needs to be put down. All of this coupled with the rain we've been getting has our grass looking thick, lush and green. Its amazing what they've been able to do in a relatively short amount of time.

Girl...DH did some landscaping in college. But from what he says, it sounds like he was moving bricks and stones. But he swore he knew what to do. We have an HOA too, but DH was good about cutting the grass. He'd just end up cutting a whole lotta weeds with it. I am so excited now. Here's to thick, lush, green grass for us all!

I needed help from our IT guy today. He’s a cute nerdy Asian guy who seems a bit introverted and quiet. He kept apologizing because the work he was doing took a bit of time. I just kept saying “oh no, thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.” I also asked him how he was doing, to make conversation. I heard another man in the office talking about his children so I asked him about them. I’m just trying to take any opportunity to practice with men when I can and keep my energy OPEN :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back