2020 52 Weeks To Being Divinely Feminine Thread

Yaaaaaaas

Welcome back @PrissiSippi AND...as the old folks like to say: this too shall pass. Cliché, but so true ;).

For this week, I did my utmost best to remain calm: when my supervisor kept sending me emails critiquing my work, I thanked her for her feedback and wished her well. Yesterday I went to send some packages to the women in my family and the clerk (a young woman) critiqued my handwriting...again: not a peep from me. I just kept it diplomatic, did my thing and kept it moving.

Last Saturday I lost my temper with my sister and felt extremely bad. We are on two very different paths and it's not always easy.

Though I find myself in such an unstable situation, I'm doing my best to remain calm. Truth be told I just want a paradigm shift: I am tired of the fact that everything in the world is so Eurocentric. Even the way we purchase homes. I'd rather pay cash for a home and keep it moving. This staying in bondage for aeons is so not my mindset. But I digress.

Still trying to do everything as feminine as possible, including running errands. It's amazing what happens when one is in tune and aligned with Him & self. Had completely forgotten about the sales, but a few days ago I decided to just go out and shop around my neighborhood. Was able to score three jeans for the low low price of €10.00 to €15.00/each. And they fit like a glove. It's kinda like a 50-year-young woman said: "When you get to be my age, you know what you want, how you want it and where to go to find it." She wasn't lying :lol:.

I blocked a coworker and her behavior towards me. I didnt like it at all. Ive confronted it in the past, but it came back up again recently. I addressed what needed to be addressed and now, I dont say anything to her and leave it at that. She still does passive aggressive things for my attention, but thats not my problem. Im happy with that.

I teach English here. I've had over 20 students, at different times cry during my one on one classes. At first it was disconcerting. I berated myself for being too hard and aggressive with them. Management also had a chitchat with me. I felt really bad until I had an epiphany. The students were not crying because I was aggressive. They were crying because I had 'touched' them at their Soul levels.

1. One student said, "I have not discussed this since I was 10 years old. I realize now that the belief I had at 10 has carried over to now, impacting my English. I can speak English fluently. Just because I failed when I thought I could do something before, in the past, doesn't mean that's the case today." She now sees herself as fluent.
  2. I told one student to stand up straight when he speaks in front of a group. He said, "I'm kind of deformed. I have a hump in my back." I said, " Get back up there and present." He stood up straight, shifted his thinking and the magic of the transformation was unbelievable. Had I not captured it on my telephone, I would have doubted the transformation. I showed him the video and said, "You are fabulous!" He said, "No one has ever told me I was fabulous before." His voice broke and he began to cry.
  3. Another student was trying to prepare for an interview for a specific industry. She failed at the group interview. I told her she cut people off, she talked over people and she made judgements about others. Worst of all, if you gave her constructive feedback her knee jerk response was, "Yeah I know but..." She could not graciously receive the feedback. One day I said, "I think you do these things because you are concerned about being wrong. You are not confidant." Then I asked her, "Were you in a family where one of your brothers or sisters was a favorite or considered outstanding and you were compared to that person?" She said yes and began to cry. I said, "So you feel you must prove yourself constantly. It's impacting your current job hunting." She stated that her mother favored her older sister and her younger sister, but not her. I told her that her mother's values don't have to be her values. I made her write out that she was valuable. She later came back and told me she had forgiven her mother in her own heart, had released her anger and felt lighter. She said she had been having difficulties with her relationship with her husband and that shifted positively, too. When I first had her, she was very closed and formal. Now, after a short time, she is open and lighter. She has a huge smile on her face when she comes to my class. There is joy in her face.

I could write at least 20 of these scenarios.

The point I want to communicate is that I didn't understand my power. I thought I was a poor communicator. Hence, I was making folks cry. It was not that and it is not that. I have a gift or a talent that allows me to SEE people. All of these people had breakthroughs in successes in their language acquisition. They all came to me believing that they were not fluent in the language. When they take compulsory, formal tests at the end of their class, their scores also indicate they have progressed and their level of fluency has improved. More importantly, I help my students reach whatever goal they have set, for their language studies. They gain confidence to travel abroad in English speaking countries, do job interviews in English and get the jobs and move or change companies.

I am starting to see that intuitive aspect of my gift, is a huge part of my Feminine Power. It is NOT a detriment. I almost slipped into the belief [again] that it was a problem. Much of my work life I had been told I was a poor communicator. I had internalized this negative lie. The more I embrace who I am, the more my vision of who I am and what I see becomes crystallized and clear.

Last edited:
I teach English here. I've had over 20 students, at different times cry during my one on one classes. At first it was disconcerting. I berated myself for being too hard and aggressive with them. Management also had a chitchat with me. I felt really bad until I had an epiphany. The students were not crying because I was aggressive. They were crying because I had 'touched' them at their Soul levels.

1. One student said, "I have not discussed this since I was 10 years old. I realize now that the belief I had at 10 has carried over to now, impacting my English. I can speak English fluently. Just because I failed when I thought I could do something before, in the past, doesn't mean that's the case today." She now sees herself as fluent.
  2. I told one student to stand up straight when he speaks in front of a group. He said, "I'm kind of deformed. I have a hump in my back." I said, " Get back up there and present." He stood up straight, shifted his thinking and the magic of the transformation was unbelievable. Had I not captured it on my telephone, I would have doubted the transformation. I showed him the video and said, "You are fabulous!" He said, "No one has ever told me I was fabulous before." His voice broke and he began to cry.
  3. Another student was trying to prepare for an interview for a specific industry. She failed at the group interview. I told her she cut people off, she talked over people and she made judgements about others. Worst of all, if you gave her constructive feedback her knee jerk response was, "Yeah I know but..." She could not graciously receive the feedback. One day I said, "I think you do these things because you are concerned about being wrong. You are not confidant." Then I asked her, "Were you in a family where one of your brothers or sisters was a favorite or considered outstanding and you were compared to that person?" She said yes and began to cry. I said, "So you feel you must prove yourself constantly. It's impacting your current job hunting." She stated that her mother favored her older sister and her younger sister, but not her. I told her that her mother's values don't have to be her values. I made her write out that she was valuable. She later came back and told me she had forgiven her mother in her own heart, had released her anger and felt lighter. She said she had been having difficulties with her relationship with her husband and that shifted positively, too. When I first had her, she was very closed and formal. Now, after a short time, she is open and lighter. She has a huge smile on her face when she comes to my class. There is joy in her face.

The point I want to communicate is that I didn't understand my power. I thought I was a poor communicator. Hence, I was making folks cry. It was not that and it is not that. I have a gift or a talent that allows me to SEE people. All of these people had breakthroughs in successes in their language acquisition. They all came to me believing that they were not fluent in the language. When they take compulsory, formal tests at the end of their class, their scores also indicate they have progressed and their level of fluency has improved. More importantly, I help my students reach whatever goal they have set, for their language studies. They gain confidence to travel abroad in English speaking countries, do job interviews in English and get the jobs and move or change companies.

I am starting to see that intuitive aspect of my gift, is a huge part of my Feminine Power. It is NOT a detriment. I almost slipped into the belief [again] that it was a problem. Much of my work life I had been told I was a poor communicator. I had internalized this negative lie. The more I embrace who I am, the more my vision of who I am and what I see becomes crystallized and clear.
Chicoro you are amazing :love:

I want to be a teacher and I believe that I have a gift for it! Like you said, being able to see into people is a gift, and it's one that I hope that I have and can grow into. I want to be able to touch my students like that, and to help them grow in their confidence. Your stories are really inspiring to me.

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@almond eyes
@tinkat

Week 6: What's in a Voice?

Have you ever met a drop dead gorgeous person only to have all the attraction fade the minute they open their mouth? When it comes to dating, chemistry, and love, that getting-to-know you chat and flirtatious sweet nothings have impact far beyond that words being said. In fact, several studies have shown that the qualities of our voices transmit important details about attraction, health, and fertility to potential partners.

Practice staying in your femininity by ALWAYS having a sweet sing song voice. With your husband, your children, and friends. Soften your sound a little and notice what changes it makes in your life this week.

Week 6 Challenge
1. Post a video with a feminine voice you admire.
2. Practice recording yourself on your phone and play it back to see what areas you need to work on to soften your sound.
3. Use your voice some time this week to get what you want a practice one of the important pillars of femininity: Receiving. What was the result?

Week 6 Challenge

I feel like I speak with a very feminine voice at work. It's my version of the professional voice LOL! I don't curse or talk about vulgar things, I have a good sized vocabulary, and my voice is on the higher side, so I feel pretty solid in this area.

Last edited:
Week 6 Challenge

I feel like I speak with a very feminine voice at work. It's my version of the professional voice LOL! I don't curse or talk about vulgar things, I have a good sized vocabulary, and my voice is on the higher side, so I feel pretty solid in this area.

Yup, I work in a field where I'm on the phone all day and tone of voice is very important. The number of times I have mistaken a woman to be a man and vice versa is just :o. Just yesterday I had a 45-year-young guy call me and his voice was just sublime. It immediately put me at ease and sounded so young. A few minutes later a 30-year-old man called and he sounded so old. I was baffled and thought to myself: growing up is amazing, because I would have never noticed something like that in my 20s.

I always pay attention to the cadence someone speaks in. It's so important, I love great conversationalists. It's something that is so neglected nowadays, but I have even bought a book about it: about the griots and how they spoke. Oral tradition is very important in Africa, so this is something that is worked on almost on a daily basis.

Still in this regard, but slightly OT: nowadays people don't hold conversations anymore, they debate about all kind of things. But I love when I stand in agreement with people and can really just ease on down and...talk. Not always having to prove a point or one up one another. Hope this makes sense. I don't have to be 'on'. I can just relax. That's the sweet spot right there.

I had to really think about this, because I think that there is only one female voice that has caught my attention over the years, but she's not a YTer.

But then I came across this lady recently and I really like her voice (and her videography/photography style). I find her calm and soothing. Watching her braid her hair in this video and the voice over together made me realize that I RUSH TOO MUCH during my days. I'm not sure that it can be helped, but I'm going to have to work on slowing down.

I didn't record my voice, but one of my observations from last year's challenge is that I talk mainly with my bottom teeth. I still do. I need to smile more so that as I speak, my I speak with a smile, as opposed to speaking with a frown.

I need to learn to smile through scenarios like this one. ("Bedtime" is cut off from the top of the image.) :lachen:

I describe my day-to-day voice as "low". When I get serious, it gets even lower. But when I get jokey and flirtatious it gets "higher" and sweeter.

This week was difficult in that I had to check myself a few times and change my voice, but at least I'm being more aware of when I'm not intoning in a way that I like.

Still in this regard, but slightly OT: nowadays people don't hold conversations anymore, they debate about all kind of things. But I love when I stand in agreement with people and can really just ease on down and...talk. Not always having to prove a point or one up one another. Hope this makes sense. I don't have to be 'on'. I can just relax. That's the sweet spot right there.

I've been thinking about that over the last few days. It's true.

I feel like everyone's in a rush to cram everything that is going on in their minds into a short amount of time that sometimes the debate starts preemptively.

There are a couple of people I have good conversations with. But when I think about it, the people that I truly converse with are people that I have known for a while and when we debate it's either an exercise of wit or to truly roll some ideas around.

I have two questions:

Was management's chat with you positive or negative? As in did they call you aside because they had a problem with you, because it seems as though you are helping people, left, right, and centre.

The second one is regarding the thing in bold. Is it because of how you say what you say as opposed to what you say to people? Is it a choice of words or tonality? I fail to understand because are helping people on the boards (and in real life) all day, errday.

I have two questions:

Was management's chat with you positive or negative? As in did they call you aside because they had a problem with you, because it seems as though you are helping people, left, right, and centre.

The second one is regarding the thing in bold. Is it because of how you say what you say as opposed to what you say to people? Is it a choice of words or tonality? I fail to understand because are helping people on the boards (and in real life) all day, errday.

@snoop,

The chit chat was neither positive nor negative. But another person in management said of the same incident, "I don't need to follow up with you. I now know that when you say things to people, you are trying to help them." That crying student that triggered the 'chit chat' insisted on having me as the teacher for her next session. Her pronunciation improved incredibly after one session. I believe that she was stunned to learn that her pronunciation was so poor and that no one had corrected her before in her sessions prior to my session with her.

As for the 'poor communicator' situation...

I worked in the Midwest. I was a project manager and my job was to get things done. I told people what to do. I held people to their tasks. I held people accountable. Most of the projects I got were the ones that either had failed in the past prior to me getting to them, or were pegged to fail. Thus, that was why they were assigned to me.

Also, managers would call me into the office and say, "If this problematic team doesn't succeed on this project, they will be fired". I was never able to choose my team or project. I was never able to tell this to the team or individual team members. I can't tell you how many jobs I saved by getting folks to produce on my projects. Many of them not only had their jobs saved, they got promotions. I did not.

During my years there, I personally never had a project failure. Ever.

Once I called my boss to ask a question. He said, "I didn't answer your call or respond to you because everyone needs to have at least one failed project". THAT project was a success, too. In fact, I succeeded where no one else had. Another project, a part of a larger program, had been failing and languishing for about 2 years. I got it done in about 6 months. That SAME boss said to me, "This is not YOUR success. You just worked on a small part. This is Becky's program. She is the one who deserves the success, not you." This is a true story.

I worked mostly with men. There were very few people who were African American in the city or the company. In addition, I talked to all the black, females in my department. There were very few. Every single one of us had been told that we had 'communication issues'. I know, because they each told me. My tone could be hard, so I am not saying I was or am perfect.

Someone in Corporate America once said to me, "You make [other] people look bad." He said that he meant it as a compliment to me. I did not embarrass people. The level of my work and abilities ran circles around other people, or so I was told.

Edited to Add:

These project experiences, and the lack of support, were the BEST training I could ever have had. Because of them, I can go almost ANYWHERE in the world and work successfully, and remain unbothered by others who may unprofessional or unkind or unfair. I can spot and STOP a saboteur dead in his or her tracks, and maintain my professionalism and get my job done.

Most importantly to me, every issue, every struggle I have had in my working life is a gift I can give to my students to help them navigate the international environment. I am grateful that I had these experiences. Because of these and the lessons they taught me, I can pass the thing learned on to my students. As a result, this is helping many of my students to go on to have unprecedented successes here in France and abroad.

Just yesterday, a student came to me beaming after having had a job interview earlier that day. I explained to her the position she had, as her old company was asking for her to come back. She said to me, "I have NEVER negotiated with an employer before. It felt so good. If they don't give me what I want, I can just walk away. I am so proud of myself." She thanked me for helping her to SEE her advantage and for explaining to her what to say and do during her interview.

Last edited:
@Chicoro Thanks for sharing your experiences. I was wondering because I've seen instances like yours where people are intimidated by commanding and competent black women and men and want to see them fail.

I've also seen the opposite where some of us (and others) hit roadblocks and I can clearly see that it is because of communication issues -- choice of words, body language, etc.

As I said previously, you already know that you're a household name for me and one of the things that I'd noted and commented on was your ability to communicate -- in detail. Details that most people would overlook. These details provide perspective and force me to contemplate so much. I understand how that the comments were grounded in their issues, not yours.

Week 6 Challenge

Thank you @ckisland for sharing this video. If I could better describe my objective in participating in the challenge, it would be to learn to project "class" or as she described it, "elegance".

I'm going to look for videos on diction and tips on speaking more clearly.

Participants -
@PrissiSippi
@ms-gg
@Supervixen
@TracyNicole
@PeaceLover
@Belle Du Jour
@SimplyWhole
@snoop
@Maracujá
@YvetteWithJoy
@LovingLady
@Jade Feria
@Meridian1944
@Sweetg
@Brwnbeauti
@LadyPBC
@intellectualuva
@tmv1
@rafikichick92
@cam2717
@CurliDiva
@Dee-Licious
@Jas123
@TwoSnapsUp
@Sosoothing
@AnjelLuvs
@taz007
@Keen
@Saludable84
@Soaring Eagle
@Daina
@mrselle
@Nefertiti0906
@RoundEyedGirl504
@LostInAdream
@almond eyes
@tinkat

Week 7: Level Up Your Look

Let's take this week to develop our feminine appearance using what you already have. Men are very visual creatures point blank. They love to see someone balance out their masculinity with feminine aspects. To embrace your femininity....embrace what no one can take away...the fact that you are a woman. Take the time to enjoy wearing stereo-typically feminine wardrobe items like form fitting clothing, dresses, pencil skirts, low heels, bows, poofy sleeves, pink, sheer blouses, pearls, lace camisoles, flouncy tea length skirts and the occasional ruffle. Incorporate a good bra such as Wacoal, wear jewelry EACH DAY. Put on at LEAST simple makeup such as natural gold eye shadow, tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lipstick/lipgloss.

This is the Formula Given in most Level Up Groups
(People please chime in on anything I missed)
Teeth-
Teeth straightened and whitened twice a year. Wear crest white stripes or Dr. White weekly.
Hair- Sleek and Polished. Invest in a straight long wig, a body wave wig/weave, a fun wig (blond, colored, bob and etc.). Wigs/Sew-Ins allow you to look good every day.
Lips- Bold colors. Invest in a nice red lipstick, a berry color, and a nice nude).
Skin- Needs to be CLEAR and dewy. Go to a dermatologist as needed and drink WATER and apply sunscreen to keep it clear. Invest in a self-tanner bronzer lotion that moisturizes and helps you glow.
Clothes- Wear few jeans. Wear mostly dresses. Dresses are one and done. They help you look flirty and feminine without trying hard. Try dresses with one solid color. Invest in a red dress and a classic black dress. Incorporate some fun dresses such as a leather one for flair. Heels only when on dates...no flats.
Makeup- Full face including lashes. Blend Blend Blend your eyeshadows. Blush, highlighter, eyeshadow, lipSTICK (it's bolder than lipgloss), and nicely waxed eyebrows (bimonthly).
Eyes- Eyelash Extensions to look doe eyed (take them off with oil)
Jewelry- You need a nice plain diamond pendant, tennis bracelet, and stud earrings. If you can't afford the real....get a sterling silver set and rock it until you get the money.

Week 7 Challenge

1. What's your feminine makeup routine?
2. Strive to dress feminine and wear a dress for at least 3 days this week and take in the results of people around your -- men and women.
3. What are some celebrities or pictures of women that you just LOVE their feminine style? Post a pictures!Could you emulate it?

Week 7: Level Up Your Look

Let's take this week to develop our feminine appearance using what you already have. Men are very visual creatures point blank. They love to see someone balance out their masculinity with feminine aspects. To embrace your femininity....embrace what no one can take away...the fact that you are a woman. Take the time to enjoy wearing stereo-typically feminine wardrobe items like form fitting clothing, dresses, pencil skirts, low heels, bows, poofy sleeves, pink, sheer blouses, pearls, lace camisoles, flouncy tea length skirts and the occasional ruffle. Incorporate a good bra such as Wacoal, wear jewelry EACH DAY. Put on at LEAST simple makeup such as natural gold eye shadow, tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lipstick/lipgloss.

This is the Formula Given in most Level Up Groups
(People please chime in on anything I missed)
Teeth-
Teeth straightened and whitened twice a year. Wear crest white stripes or Dr. White weekly.
Hair- Sleek and Polished. Invest in a straight long wig, a body wave wig/weave, a fun wig (blond, colored, bob and etc.). Wigs/Sew-Ins allow you to look good every day.
Lips- Bold colors. Invest in a nice red lipstick, a berry color, and a nice nude).
Skin- Needs to be CLEAR and dewy. Go to a dermatologist as needed and drink WATER and apply sunscreen to keep it clear. Invest in a self-tanner bronzer lotion that moisturizes and helps you glow.
Clothes- Wear few jeans. Wear mostly dresses. Dresses are one and done. They help you look flirty and feminine without trying hard. Try dresses with one solid color. Invest in a red dress and a classic black dress. Incorporate some fun dresses such as a leather one for flair. Heels only when on dates...no flats.
Makeup- Full face including lashes. Blend Blend Blend your eyeshadows. Blush, highlighter, eyeshadow, lipSTICK (it's bolder than lipgloss), and nicely waxed eyebrows (bimonthly).
Eyes- Eyelash Extensions to look doe eyed (take them off with oil)
Jewelry- You need a nice plain diamond pendant, tennis bracelet, and stud earrings. If you can't afford the real....get a sterling silver set and rock it until you get the money.

Week 7 Challenge

2. Strive to dress feminine and wear a dress for at least 3 days this week and take in the results of people around your -- men and women.
3. What are some celebrities or pictures of women that you just LOVE their feminine style? Post a pictures!Could you emulate it?[/QUOTE]

1. I wear microlocs and they are growing really nicely right now collarbone length. The locs give me a unique and carefree look. I love a fresh retie it makes the face look tight. Men and women are always stopping me to tell me they like them. I started them super short and amazed to see their progress a year and a half later. For some reason the men that I attract regardless of race don't like fake hair on me. Don't plan to ever color my locs to a lighter shade, my hair is very soft and light hair colors in the past have caused major damage.

2. I drink only water and tea no sugar. Been doing that for three years now. I am religious about sun screen, however don't like the grey cast it leaves. I do concealer on spots and under eyes in my day to day and do foundation on special occasions. I just started using Rhianna's Fenty Matte Foundation and it gives me a perfect blend. I like to keep my face dewy and fresh.

3. Make up: I don't beat my face unless for special occasions and photos. I don't use fake lashes. Tried them once, too much for me and don't want to rip out my lashes. And that glue it's like don't want that chemical near my eyes on the daily. I learnt how to do individual lashes five years ago but the smell of the glue sickened me so I said no thanks. I only wear mascara on special occasions with mascara primer and they make my eyes pop. I always do use a lip liner, fill in my brows, shiny neutral lips, concealer under the eyes and a cat eye.

4. Eyes: Microblading for the past four years has made the biggest difference in my face.

5. Jewelry: I love my silver bracelets, delicate necklaces and rings. I do crystal studs and small hoops for everyday and then the bigger dangling sparkly earrings at night. I have lots of unique African jewelry pieces but they are not bulky or overwhelming. Don't care for diamonds, most people can't tell the difference between crystals and diamonds, it's the shiny factor that counts.

6. I don't do lots of dresses in the Winter, my body can't take too much cold. I do lots of fitted turtlenecks and fitted pants with boots and nice shoes. I also do knit dresses and skirts on occasion.

7. Hands: I don't like to use nail polish too many chemicals and I find that because I haven't used nail polish over the years I can go without polish because my nail bed isn't messed up. I just make sure my nails are filed down properly. On occasion, I will do a nail polish.

8. Shoes: Can't do heels ever; I have weak and very narrow feet since I was a child and warned by my podiatrist. My mother wore heels everyday and it landed her with two knee operations towards the end of her life not worth it for me. I do nice flats and boots. If there is a special occasion, I do have some nice heels at the back of the closet which I will break out.

9. I prefer a more feminine look that is a holistic approach to beauty to an overt sexual appearance. 15 years ago, I used to be that girl with the beat face and hair extensions. I realized that I was using them as a cover up. Developed an holistic approach towards beauty and femininity which started with exercise, being mindful of the chemicals I put on my hair, face and body, eating habits and honoring my body and skincare and my own unique looks as a black woman. I know that I can't avoid all chemicals like the dyes that seep into my system due to the microblade but I know for example I do this service once every two years so I weigh the pros and cons.

10. Teeth: I make sure to get my teeth cleaned at least once to twice a year at the dentist. I hate plaque build up because that causes the bad breath. I had no idea that even brushing your teeth cannot remove that plaque build up. I make sure to brush my teeth two to three times a day. I have a small teeth gap and love it. I have to do a better job with flossing.

11. A major part of my beauty routine is meditation. I have been meditating since 2012. I feel like when I slow things down and I am relaxed that reflects in the way I look. By the way, I don't always like meditating but I do it because the benefits are important to me.

12. My beauty role model was my late mother: she wore her natural hair alternated between pressed hair and natural afro waves, was very feminine had great skin spoke with a gentle voice, loved her African clothing and jewelry pieces. Was very graceful and had a great walk. I have to say that I love Ava Duvernay's style.

13. Part of feminine beauty is also the self-awareness of the chemicals and things we use to achieve our beauty as black women. I am not on the anti-chemical bandwagon, that's not realistic, accutane did wonders for my skin years ago. However, I am much more aware in terms of what I expose my skin, body and hair to on a regular basis. I have friend and she used glue weaves for about 25 years of her entire life and lived by her strong perfumes, her baby powders and other skin creams. She is always sick. Not a week doesn't go by when she doesn't complain of some ailment.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
Week 7 Challenge
I wear some sort of makeup daily At minimum it’s brow gel. Most days, liquid foundation, concealer, mascara, brow gel, blush, bronzer and eyeshadow.
This is my current area of improvement. I only buy dresses that flatter my body. So waist, butt, legs accentuated, which doesn’t work as a middle school teacher. And wearing a small with long legs means everything is mid thigh length unless it’s midi- which I only buy fitted, especially for fall/winter. Knee length or longer A line age me.
I wear a uniform of sorts for work-
A variation of this 43E4E231-525E-41BD-B8A8-B71005FD91A8.jpeg
I wear pear or diamond studs. Sometimes a bracelet or necklace depending on the neckline of the undershirt.
3. What are some celebrities or pictures of women that you just LOVE their feminine style? Post a pictures!Could you emulate it?
Pretty much any slim/athletic/slightly curvy celeb. Kelly Rowland, Gabby Union, Kerry Washington.

I purchased a water flosser to make sure I’m getting everything when I floss. I visit the dentist biannually
Since I wake at 5 daily I’ve been wearing braids. Usually in a low bun or some sort of braided look.
I take care of my skin. Chemical exfoliate, moisturize, mask and use sun screen.
The heels I do wear are mostly block heels, especially if I’m walking a lot.
most importantly I limit stress. Let people fall away with no resistance.

Last edited:
This is the weekly challenge that I've struggled with, but had a lot of fun with over the past few years. I've been making progress and I've come to learn what works for me and what doesn't. Taking photos of myself, analyzing them, and comparing various looks. Sometimes, what I see in the mirror doesn't match what the camera sees. This has really helped me to figure out which makeup looks suits me, what colours age me (dark colours definitely do).

Week 7 Challenge

I go between wearing nothing, a light day where I do eyebrows, mascara and/or eyeliner, and pale pink lip gloss sometimes paired with a nude lipstick. If I've got a bit of extra time I'll add blush and a highlighter. When I'm going somewhere really nice, I'll contour, eyeshadow and I'll often go with a bolder lipstick colour. I tend to wear Better Than Sex paired with They're Real! for dramatic lashes.

Fortunately, I've always had good skin. I feel like this is because I don't wear makeup on the regular. For the most part, I only wear skin cream. :look: Now that I'm getting older, I want to take better care of my skin so I'm going to try sun screen and I'm doing clay masks to exfoliate.

For my teeth, I used Crest strips and I use the whitening toothpaste daily. I also use the whitening mouthwash every once in a while. I don't drink tea very often and so the initial whitening lasted around 3 years. I did a second set of strips last year. I have to get better at flossing and I'm doing a "flossing" challenge with some friends.:lachen: The waterpik is definitely a game changer.

My hair, I wear natural. I can't do extended hair anymore, though I've been toying with the idea of buying a wig but haven't because I probably would never wear it. I'm usually in two strand twists -- my hair breaks if I fuss with it too much. Going out I'll do some sort of twist out/braid out. It's not sleek, but I really like my 4c hair.

I'm all about wearing jeans. Dresses don't work for me for my lifestyle at this time of year. I need to stay warm, even indoors. The dresses stay in the closet for when the temperatures hit 20ish. I've bought a few blouses to wear with my jeans so that they look more dressed up if I'm out and about.

I also bought a rose gold and a yellow gold necklace. I find that rose gold complements my skin better.

I was trying to compile a winter wardrobe that moved away from blue shirts (cool colours), to pinks and champagnes. I wear the appropriate colour necklaces to compliment the shirt. The next purchase will be to find a simple bracelets in these colours and some everyday rings.

On the daily, I started wearing earrings, again. Rose gold hoops. But I'll change those out according to what I'm wearing when I go out.

Ultimately, this is is the sort of casual that I'm aiming for. She wears a lot of jeans, but I think she makes them look feminine by wearing heels, delicate jewelry, fitted tops, etc.

This is the weekly challenge that I've struggled with, but had a lot of fun with over the past few years. I've been making progress and I've come to learn what works for me and what doesn't. Taking photos of myself, analyzing them, and comparing various looks. Sometimes, what I see in the mirror doesn't match what the camera sees. This has really helped me to figure out which makeup looks suits me, what colours age me (dark colours definitely do).

Week 7 Challenge

I go between wearing nothing, a light day where I do eyebrows, mascara and/or eyeliner, and pale pink lip gloss sometimes paired with a nude lipstick. If I've got a bit of extra time I'll add blush and a highlighter. When I'm going somewhere really nice, I'll contour, eyeshadow and I'll often go with a bolder lipstick colour. I tend to wear Better Than Sex paired with They're Real! for dramatic lashes.

Fortunately, I've always had good skin. I feel like this is because I don't wear makeup on the regular. For the most part, I only wear skin cream. :look: Now that I'm getting older, I want to take better care of my skin so I'm going to try sun screen and I'm doing clay masks to exfoliate.

For my teeth, I used Crest strips and I use the whitening toothpaste daily. I also use the whitening mouthwash every once in a while. I don't drink tea very often and so the initial whitening lasted around 3 years. I did a second set of strips last year. I have to get better at flossing and I'm doing a "flossing" challenge with some friends.:lachen: The waterpik is definitely a game changer.

My hair, I wear natural. I can't do extended hair anymore, though I've been toying with the idea of buying a wig but haven't because I probably would never wear it. I'm usually in two strand twists -- my hair breaks if I fuss with it too much. Going out I'll do some sort of twist out/braid out. It's not sleek, but I really like my 4c hair.

I'm all about wearing jeans. Dresses don't work for me for my lifestyle at this time of year. I need to stay warm, even indoors. The dresses stay in the closet for when the temperatures hit 20ish. I've bought a few blouses to wear with my jeans so that they look more dressed up if I'm out and about.

I also bought a rose gold and a yellow gold necklace. I find that rose gold complements my skin better.

I was trying to compile a winter wardrobe that moved away from blue shirts (cool colours), to pinks and champagnes. I wear the appropriate colour necklaces to compliment the shirt. The next purchase will be to find a simple bracelets in these colours and some everyday rings.

On the daily, I started wearing earrings, again. Rose gold hoops. But I'll change those out according to what I'm wearing when I go out.

Ultimately, this is is the sort of casual that I'm aiming for. She wears a lot of jeans, but I think she makes them look feminine by wearing heels, delicate jewelry, fitted tops, etc.

I love this semi-casual look but no distressed jeans for me.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I love how they look on other women. I think for me and my age, distressed jeans maybe for running errands but not for other events.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I tried to get a mix of jean looks, but my eye gravitates towards distressed. I love the second look, but I would never wear jeans with holes in them, but I would wear (and have worn) the first style. I think the final pair are dress pants, but I'm putting them out there as dark jeans for the sake of example.

It's just not feasible for me to wear dresses in my current lifestyle and situation. Thus, for week 7, I am focusing on my posture.

@ckisland thanks for introducing us to Mrs Midwest's YT channel. I've been watching her videos throughout the week and I like her presentation and message.

This video supports some of the themes of this week's challenge and I really appreciated that it was not geared solely to women who look like her. Take a look.

I've been pretty bad with actually performing this week's challenge to the fullest, but I have been focusing on a few other things.

One of which is starting my "spring cleaning" now. I'm doing a deep clean of my main floor. I realize that I've been avoiding taking care of my space in the bedroom -- though I managed to finally put my clothes away last week -- but I'm not sure why. I've made a plan to tackle each room a little bit at a time, with the expectation of getting said room done within the week. So far, my kitchen is shaping up real nice.

I've also been focusing on my voice, to make it softer when speaking to the children. I did this test two years ago and I noticed that they respond better to me when I communicate with a feminine voice than with a masculine voice, as whole, though I bust out that masculine form of communication when necessary and it also gets the job done. The difference is that being loud and aggressive constantly wears on me. I also realize that I just talk too much to reason and explain, but this seems to work well when I use my feminine voice, but I'm getting tired of trying to rationalize my decisions to children. At a certain point, "because I said so" also needs to be the accepted reason.

Back