Feminine Belles - Info/discussion/support Thread

Oh cute!!! I like! :yep:

How do you answer questions about our changing hair lengths though?? :look: Let's just say....I'm in an area w/not a lot of black people lol, and everyone knows I wear my hair natural. I'm just wondering how I would pull this off lol! :lachen: I could totally do it if I were in an area where people see bw allllll the time, but I'm not.....:look: Lol..... I'm just curious what you tell people if/when they have questions lol :giggle:

I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's last night. Loved it. Netflix didn't have My fair Lady. My next step in being feminine is changing my entire room!!! I need a new bedroom set and jewelry box. I should go to hgtv for ideas!!
Awesome!!! :up:

I've always heard "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was good, but I've never actually seen it! Anything with Audrey in it is a good movie. She always exuded class and elegance, femininity, all of it. :yep:

Have you seen "Sabrina"? Another GREAT "transformation movie" starring (yet again) Audrey Hepburn! :grin: LOL! She was great in it. There's also a 90's version with Harrison Ford in it as well. Both good films about "transformation". :yep:

I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's last night. Loved it. Netflix didn't have My fair Lady. My next step in being feminine is changing my entire room!!! I need a new bedroom set and jewelry box. I should go to hgtv for ideas!!
Breakfast at Tiffany's annoyed me like you wouldn't believe! I watched it for the first time a few months ago with my sister. We both agree that Holly Golighty is batsh*t crazy and annoying as hell! I think the movie's a classic cuz of Audrey Hepburn. I do plan on watching My fair lady though.

Oh cute!!! I like! :yep:

How do you answer questions about our changing hair lengths though?? :look: Let's just say....I'm in an area w/not a lot of black people lol, and everyone knows I wear my hair natural. I'm just wondering how I would pull this off lol! :lachen: I could totally do it if I were in an area where people see bw allllll the time, but I'm not.....:look: Lol..... I'm just curious what you tell people if/when they have questions lol :giggle:
As soon as I tell them it's to give my very frizz prone, tightly curly hair a break they understand. They've seen my real so they know I'm not bald. :lachen:

Awesome!!! :up:

I've always heard "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was good, but I've never actually seen it! Anything with Audrey in it is a good movie. She always exuded class and elegance, femininity, all of it. :yep:

Have you seen "Sabrina"? Another GREAT "transformation movie" starring (yet again) Audrey Hepburn! :grin: LOL! She was great in it. There's also a 90's version with Harrison Ford in it as well. Both good films about "transformation". :yep:
I saw sabrina on the list. I'll watch it tonight

As soon as I tell them it's to give my very frizz prone, tightly curly hair a break they understand. They've seen my real so they know I'm not bald. :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: Good answer!!!!! I love it! :yep:

Maybe I'll go out and see if I can order a wig for myself.

I actually like this natural "kinky straight" wig..... :yep: #dontjudgeme :look:

http://www.amazon.com/Chantiche-Lac...d=1430327610&sr=8-14&keywords=kinky+hair+wigs

51A-U0jsCOL._SY450_.jpg

I saw sabrina on the list. I'll watch it tonight
Oh yes, I LOVE Sabrina! Very nice movie! I like both versions too, the old one and the new one! :yep:

Hey Belles!

I will add my 2 cents to some of the questions and comments when I edit this post later

I've been real slacking in my reading. Since purchasing the course things in my personal life have really picked up especially on the dating front!
There is a bank/public holiday in the UK this weekend so I intend on doing some catch-up reading in nice surrounding such as cafes or parks.

I did purchase some new clothes lots of pinks, lacy and unusual looking feminine pieces but still can be adapted for all seasons. It is nice to do online shopping and look for specific materials or colours. I used boohoo and asos. Those websites have good affordable plus size clothing. No tent style dresses here! :spinning: I'm praying the quality is good

Two wigs (one curly that can be made to look afro one straight). The straight one is quite wiggy looking and now I've discovered the wigs are cheaply made so I can probably get one or two wears out of the pieces before shedding begins :cry3:. American wigs are superior to the ones sold in UK. Have you belles come across feminine looking women with bald or low cut hair styles? Lupita is one. Also plus size feminine fashion bloggers TIA!

IA that audrey hepburn's films exude class and elegance. She is one of my favourite actresses.

The importance of self-acceptance article really spoke to me. I mean REALLY.
https://thefemininebelle.wordpress....of-being-feminine-how-to-gain-selfacceptance/
Melina has a gentle but firm approach to her writing.
I'm feeling awkward about my physical appearance (hair and weight) and it does link to self-acceptance. Maybe thats why I've made excuses to not read the materials I spent money on? For me, the belle academy materials that I've read so far have made me take a good look at myself physically and mentally.

The relaxed awareness method is interesting

Last edited:
I saw Sabrina and yesterday I ended up spending money at Express. They have some nice girly shirts and dresses. I found items on sale!! Don't sleep on them people! Another nice place is Marciano but is very pricey.

I love the article about the Coquette. It resonates with me alit. Especially about not texting or calling more than him. In addition, I have been guilty about landing dates or inviting the guy to do things. I will definitely scale back!! When I was younger I let the guy take lead but after a while, I became more controlling lol

I started off by incorporating more color to my work wardrobe. Before I used to only wear grey,black,white...basically safety colors. But now I have started wearing corals,pinks,cobalt blue or any color a man would not typically wear. I also started wearing light makeup

The results are out of control. Guys basically trip over to help me out at work and the attention I have been getting from men and women is crazy. Women compliment me on my colors and men comment on how pretty I look. We as BW really should look into wearing colors more! Our deep skin tones just look so lovely in rich or bright colors. I now feel frumpy wearing basic black or grey now lol. I used to be so scared I would look like a clown but not anymore!

So I watched both versions of Sabrina. I gotta say that I love the original!! :love: It's much funnier than the remake. The makeover was so dramatic. :shocked: The style was to die for. This movie finally made me realize what a classic beauty Audrey Hepburn was.

I like that Harrison Ford is in the remake. That's about it. I didn't like her makeover. She was in pantsuits 99% of the time. :nono: Off to watch My fair lady next but it's not on Netflix. :cry:

View attachment 326060

This is the Freetress Bohemian Braid 3.5 packs. She cut it shorter than normal. My hair is very fine also so it's a great protective style because my hair is cornrowed underneath.

Very nice!! :yep: I like the curly look!

I may have to look into a weave or just a longer hair in general to keep my hair protected, give it a break, and see what type of responses I get lol....:look: My first and ONLY time wearing a weave was back in 2007....:look: The girl that took my weave out at the salon took a rat tail comb and combed out my cornrows!! I was TOO livid!!! :wallbash: I lost SO much hair. :nono: She called herself getting out the "dead hair". :rolleyes:

Even though the weave looked nice and natural, ever since that experience it kind of scared me from getting them ever again. I wish I knew a way to take the weave out at home so I don't have to run the risk of that happening again...:look:

I really want to see Sabrina, but it's not available for streaming.

I think it's on Netflix streaming no??

Here's a brighter color. So cute!
_06149326_441.jpg

That is a BAD outfit!!! :yep: :love: :grin:

Oh, and by way of an update....

I went to a special religious event this past weekend, and I wore this really cute fit and flare dress that I got from Nordstrom Rack clearance. I'm telling you, I got SOOOOOO many compliments on my dress (from women...AND men!) this weekend! It really is a classy dress. I wish I could find a picture of it, but it pretty much looked like this...somewhat fancy...yet not too over the top.

jurk3.jpg

I'm telling you, almost everyone I came in contact with mentioned how they just LOVED my dress! :grin: One woman came up to me and said that my dress looked so "feminine" and that she "loved it"! Some people I didn't even KNOW came up to me and complimented me on my dress, my hair (I used curlformers to give my hair a nice soft curly look and put a flower in it), and my entire look in general.

I'm telling you ladies (or Belles :grin: ) doing up this feminine look definitely pays OFF! It's like...people get mesmerized or something hahaha!!! :lachen: Have women come so far away from looking feminine in society that people nearly trip over themselves in awe when a woman "Fems it up" on occasion?? :lol:

I'm even MORE determined now to make sure I buy more feminine prints and styles now. :yep: I'm not going to throw out my old wardrobe, but I will just add to my wardrobe some more feminine styles for the future! :grin:

I went to a special religious event this past weekend, and I wore this really cute fit and flare dress that I got from Nordstrom Rack clearance. I'm telling you, I got SOOOOOO many compliments on my dress (from women...AND men!) this weekend! It really is a classy dress. I wish I could find a picture of it, but it pretty much looked like this...somewhat fancy...yet not too over the top.

jurk3.jpg

I'm telling you, almost everyone I came in contact with mentioned how they just LOVED my dress! :grin: One woman came up to me and said that my dress looked so "feminine" and that she "loved it"! Some people I didn't even KNOW came up to me and complimented me on my dress, my hair (I used curlformers to give my hair a nice soft curly look and put a flower in it), and my entire look in general.

I'm telling you ladies (or Belles :grin: ) doing up this feminine look definitely pays OFF! It's like...people get mesmerized or something hahaha!!! :lachen: Have women come so far away from looking feminine in society that people nearly trip over themselves in awe when a woman "Fems it up" on occasion?? :lol:

I'm even MORE determined now to make sure I buy more feminine prints and styles now. :yep: I'm not going to throw out my old wardrobe, but I will just add to my wardrobe some more feminine styles for the future! :grin:

That's wonderful. Girl I know how you feel when a feminine dress turns heads everywhere. That dress does look quite lovely.

jurk3.jpg

Oh my goodness! I wore something similr but in Orange with no sleeves. I got complimented by some random man while going to the shoe store. He asked how I'm doing then I said fine. His response good because you look fine!!. I'm loving this ...

Now I'm also working on being more self reserved when meeting men. I went to a party last night and met an attractive man. I complimented his dancing and left it at that. Usually I grab them and start dancing or flirt. This time I let him do the job but initiated some form of contact to show interest. He grabbed me and danced wurh me but He seemed shy and didn't ask for my number . He hugged me several times after lol and I think he was waiting for me to ask for his number. No sir! His job!! At least I took a step back lol. If it is meant to be, it will

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I wore something similr but in Orange with no sleeves. I got complimented by some random man while going to the shoe store. He asked how I'm doing then I said fine. His response good because you look fine!!. I'm loving this ...

Now I'm also working on being more self reserved when meeting men. I went to a party last night and met an attractive man. I complimented his dancing and left it at that. Usually I grab them and start dancing or flirt. This time I let him do the job but initiated some form of contact to show interest. He grabbed me and danced wurh me but He seemed shy and didn't ask for my number . He hugged me several times after lol and I think he was waiting for me to ask for his number. No sir! His job!! At least I took a step back lol. If it is meant to be, it will
Wow that's awesome girl! :up: I'm telling you, the response from men is almost like night and day! If you want to kick it upa notch, just add a warm slight smile to your face as you walk around through the day. You will be beating men off with a stick after a while lol! :lachen:

Oh and I'm glad you kept reserved and didn't resort to flirting or asking that guy for his number. :nono: That is the man's job. It sounds like "The Rules"... which I do a modified version of most of the time.:yep: I find that I feel much more feminine when I allow the man to make the moves at the outset. :yep: Plus, it keeps me mysterious and lessens the risk for heartache.

Wow that's awesome girl! :up: I'm telling you, the response from men is almost like night and day! If you want to kick it upa notch, just add a warm slight smile to your face as you walk around through the day. You will be beating men off with a stick after a while lol! :lachen:

Oh and I'm glad you kept reserved and didn't resort to flirting or asking that guy for his number. :nono: That is the man's job. It sounds like "The Rules"... which I do a modified version of most of the time.:yep: I find that I feel much more feminine when I allow the man to make the moves at the outset. :yep: Plus, it keeps me mysterious and lessens the risk for heartache.

Yep when I took the reigns one yime, it was thrown back in my face when we had an argument

I've been meaning to add to this thread for a minute! I'm still reading her blogs and have been focused on my fashion as of late like some of you. I'm pretty feminine as it is but have been wearing lighter colors and more lacy fabrics. I'm from New York and most of my wardrobe is black/gray..,.plus I teach High School (80% boys) so I try to be mindful of my clothing while at work.

The reactions I've gotten since embracing a lighter more girly fashion are actually hilarious. One of my rude arse boys said the other day "I never thought I'd see the day that Ms.D would get a man":look::eek:, to "wow you look pretty", "oooh you must have a date after work" and male coworkers being extra smiley. It's funny.

a few random thoughts,

I prefer weaves to wigs. I think no matter how good of quality a wig is, in person it doesn't look right. Something about the way it lays on your head, where-as if you sew it in it moves better. Just my personal opinion. I have seen some great u-part wigs made with 100% human hair.

My brother once dated a young lady with Amber Rose/Lupita short hair. He loved showing her off. She was so cute, always styled, makeup and clothes on point, amazing earrings. And she was a swimmer so the hair definitely worked for her lifestyle.

Regarding fashion: I think the silhouette is more important than fabric, color, cut, etc. Highlight your curves, this doesn't have to mean skintight. But head to toe we are curved differently than men. A long graceful neck, collarbones, bust lines, WAIST, hips, they way our thighs curve into the knee and our calves curve down to the ankles. For me, callanetics has always helped accentuate my bodies natural curves. I wear skirts and dresses because I'm tall and they are just easier to buy than pants most of the time. But I love pants in a variety of cuts. I guess, I'm not limiting myself to full skirts or bows and lace or light colors. When a belt accentuating my waist can have the same punch. Please wear heels! 3-4" heels!

Things that put me instantly in touch with my feminine energy: tamera mowry housley (especially on their reality show); blush, lipgloss, mascara; Karena and Katrina from Tone it Up; getting a mani/pedi; cooking; earrings and bracelets. I use these things when I need to switch energy rapidly. Like after a stressful day but before date night.

My switch in energy has me more mindful of ways I can make my man feel better. In turn, I've noticed an increase in his tenderness and affection. It wasn't lacking before but now it's almost hilarious. He knows I don't take phone calls before I get to work but he can't help himself.

All that to say:

I've found that no matter what I'm wearing, how my hair looks, make-up or not. When I'm confident and in love with myself that feminine energy is strong and shining through AND all people respond.

This will help make the techniques Melina teaches even more effective and genuine. It has to be genuine.

Yep when I took the reigns one yime, it was thrown back in my face when we had an argument
Oh wow......:nono: :nono:

Yea, I'm ashamed to say that I've chased after a guy before years ago....well, not literally chased, but pretty much pursued him most of the way (ie. slyly got a way to ask for HIS number first, invited him out FIRST, called him up FIRST, texted HIM first, etc), and for 4 long years I ended up with nothing but heartbreak (ie. his hot & cold behavior, emotional rollercoaster, disrespect, confusion about the relationship..."what ARE we exactly??" :look:, love then leave, "I like you" then..."I don't like you"..., couldn't quite read/figure him out, sometimes he would seem really interested, other times like he could not care LESS about me....:nono:). I vowed from that day forward NEVER again! :nono2: I will NEVER pursue a guy ever again....:nono: I won't even INITIATE things anymore. :nono:

I figure that if I'm nice, friendly, OPEN, warm, and SMILING on a regular basis, then a guy should have the guts to at least come talk to me if he is naturally inclined. :yep: I honestly don't think women have to DO too much to attract the attention of men.

Plus, I feel MUCH more feminine (and LESS anxious!) when the guy shows me that he's interested in getting to know me better and when HE starts the initiation of a relationship. :yep:

Great job ladies!! Keep up the good work!!

@Crystalicequeen123 That is a badass dress!! :love:
Awww thanks! :yep: It wasn't the EXACT dress I wore, but it was somewhat similar in cut and style. It even had a see-through black sheer portion at the top! :yep: It really was feminine. Even though it was dark in color, the cut and fabric (silky almost) was definitely VERY feminine. :yep: I even wore light sheer off black pantyhose instead of bare legs, and that seemed to make my look even MORE polished! I just felt so vibrant and girly. :giggle: The reactions were AMAZING!

Regarding fashion: I think the silhouette is more important than fabric, color, cut, etc. Highlight your curves, this doesn't have to mean skintight. But head to toe we are curved differently than men. A long graceful neck, collarbones, bust lines, WAIST, hips, they way our thighs curve into the knee and our calves curve down to the ankles. For me, callanetics has always helped accentuate my bodies natural curves. I wear skirts and dresses because I'm tall and they are just easier to buy than pants most of the time. But I love pants in a variety of cuts. I guess, I'm not limiting myself to full skirts or bows and lace or light colors. When a belt accentuating my waist can have the same punch. Please wear heels! 3-4" heels!

That is SO true!! :yep: Good point. Sometimes it's the CUT of a dress (more than the color) that makes the most difference.

Things that put me instantly in touch with my feminine energy: tamera mowry housley (especially on their reality show); blush, lipgloss, mascara; Karena and Katrina from Tone it Up; getting a mani/pedi; cooking; earrings and bracelets. I use these things when I need to switch energy rapidly. Like after a stressful day but before date night.

You know what, it's very interesting that you mention this!!!! I was about to ask you: "why Tamera???" :confused: , but I think I know what you mean! I haven't watched her reality show much, but I have watched her when she and Tia had their reality show, and I noticed (no offense :look:) that Tamera seemed to have a more lighter, feminine, and girly energy about her that Tia just didn't really possess. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's interesting that they are twins but yet they have totally different personalities to me! There's a "softness" to Tamera that I don't see with Tia. Not that Tia is "hard" or rough or anything like that, but it's just that her personality is just a tad slightly different than Tamera's. I actually prefer Tamera's personality to Tia's. :look:

Was this what you were referring to? Or was it something else? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions lol :look: :lol:

All that to say:

I've found that no matter what I'm wearing, how my hair looks, make-up or not. When I'm confident and in love with myself that feminine energy is strong and shining through AND all people respond.

This will help make the techniques Melina teaches even more effective and genuine. It has to be genuine.
^^THIS (imo) is the BIGGEST most important step of all, and SUCH a GREAT point! Thanks for bringing that out! :yep: I think I still have a little more work to do in this area (really BELIEVING deep down in my feminine energy, being confident in it and letting it SHINE), because as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I'm the oldest sibling, so I'm used to being "in charge", used to being called "the smart one" :rolleyes: , being the one people turn to (friends, family members, siblings, etc) for advice, the one people look for advice on making "rational" decisions, etc. So my energy can have a more masculine vibe to it if I'm not careful because I can be VERY analytic....:look:

I've been trying to curb that tendency a little bit somewhat this year, mainly because sometimes it can actually HARM you when you OVER-think things (and boy do I ever over-think....:nono:). So, I'm working on this. :yep:

I think I'm just overall TIRED of being the "smart", "strong", "independent" one and more so want to be more in my feminine energy for a change. :yep: I want to be taken care of, to feel LIGHT in energy AND personality.

This being "in love" with yourself is a good point Kimbo, and I'm working more and more on it everyday. :yep: :grin:

Last edited:
I'll also add another thing..

I have always LOVED to wear all kinds of jewelry all the time, but lately I've been wearing mainly simple pearl earrings, pearl necklaces, and a pearl bracelet almost every single day, and I automatically feel much more feminine when I wear pearls for some reason. It's such a classy, elegant, and feminine look on women in general and I can't explain why I feel so different wearing pearls than any other piece of jewelry. Maybe it's because men NEVER wear pearls? Men can wear silver, gold, etc, but I don't think I have EVER seen a (STRAIGHT...:look:) man wear pearls lol. Idk...I just feel like my "look" is taken up a notch when I wear pearls. :grin: At my religious event this weekend, this woman even remarked that I reminded her of a "beautiful Barbie doll, especially with those pearl earrings and necklace" lol :giggle: I swear, this dressing more feminine thing has people acting out of their mind and saying the craziest complimentary things!! :lachen:

I look like a Stepford wife from the 1950's lol, but I don't care! :lol:

I've been meaning to add to this thread for a minute! I'm still reading her blogs and have been focused on my fashion as of late like some of you. I'm pretty feminine as it is but have been wearing lighter colors and more lacy fabrics. I'm from New York and most of my wardrobe is black/gray..,.plus I teach High School (80% boys) so I try to be mindful of my clothing while at work.

The reactions I've gotten since embracing a lighter more girly fashion are actually hilarious. One of my rude arse boys said the other day "I never thought I'd see the day that Ms.D would get a man":look::eek:, to "wow you look pretty", "oooh you must have a date after work" and male coworkers being extra smiley. It's funny.
:lachen: :lachen: Omg, your students should be ashamed of themselves! :spank: LOL! :lol:

Isn't that AMAZING though the comments that people will make when you transform your wardrobe in a simple way?? I noticed this years ago when I "stepped up" my wardrobe for the first time lol. I had people thinking I had a man or was dating somebody....:look: :look: Isn't that a shame that people think that when women are dressed nicely?? :lol:

Anyway, keep up the good work! :up: I know what you mean about the NY wardrobe lol.. I used to work in DC for years, and yes...blacks, grays, tan, and crisp white shirts, etc were pretty much staples in my wardrobe lol :lachen: The Darker hues and power suits were more "in" on the east coast. But now that I live in Southern CA where the sun shines basically 24/7 lol, I'm "lightening" things up a bit. :yep: I'm just experimenting with different colors, different types of styles, etc. It really does make a HUGE difference!

Back