Feminine Belles - Info/discussion/support Thread

I do not want this thread to die. @TracyNicole now that its been a few weeks do you have any thoughts you can share? I always appreciate your input.

Does anyone else have any experiences with the reading or any others?

So @Kimbosheart , I think everyone has their nose stuck in a book right now. :lachen: Sorry. I don't want this thread to die either. So I'll make more of an effort to post on here too.

As for observations, I find that nothing makes me feel more feminine faster than wearing a dress and makeup. Nothing period. Long hair (at least past the shoulders) worn down also puts me in my girly element. Along with getting my nails done. If I wear pants, I wear a frilly, colorful top to go with it. Not saying I do this every day but I have a lot more men complementing me the days that I dress femininely. :yep:

I read TQC on Sunday in one sitting and now I'm just digesting it. My head is still spinning. I skimmed a lot of the "Burt carefully held a piece of beautiful, rich mahogany in his left hand as he meticulously carved the likeness of Claudia - his lovely bride of 50 years - with his steady, firm right hand" stuff b/c I truly cannot stand that writing style, but I paid close attention when the characters were talking. I took a ton of notes so I won't have to reread the entire book again.

I also reserved a copy of Conscious Uncoupling at the library. I know it seems like the opposite of everything in this thread, but I believe it's just another piece of the puzzle. I sometimes carry "residue" from past relationships (e.g., disappointment, anger, etc.) and I've been working at forgiving and letting go for some time. For the most part, I've been successful, but from time to time I discover new stuff I need to release. That said, I'm curious about how to peacefully part from someone without drama. The book is by the same woman who wrote "Calling In the One" and while I know some people will revel in the irony, I think it was very brave of her to do this. I don't believe that just because a relationship doesn't work out, it was a failure. As painful as breakups can be, there's always something you take from it, even if it's knowing what NOT to do again.

I don't know if my next relationship will be my last. But in the event it doesn't work out, I want to be able to exit gracefully and with myself and my former partner intact. She doesn't only cover divorce, but also breakups of long-term relationships and I'm curious as to what she has to say, especially since CITO was very helpful to me. No one enters a relationship thinking they'll be breaking up in a few months/years; if they did, few people would be brave enough to put themselves through it. I know there has to be a better way than creating more bitter, broken people by inflicting damage on someone you once loved for the sake of revenge and I also know that parting peacefully and transforming grief into fuel to is the best way to keep myself open to a new love. I'm posting about Conscious Uncoupling because it might be useful to anyone going through a breakup now. Hopefully it can help clear the way while we learn how to incorporate the TQC principles for the next, better relationship.

Now back to Alison. I found this page with a bunch of mp3s and articles. I find it helpful to listen to at least part of an mp3 or read/reread something every day to reinforce what I've been learning.

Last edited:
So far so so. I've been putting the lessons into practice, and I've become better at listening and letting men do stuff for me (even though I can easily do myself).

I just had to apologize to a co-worker. He offered me a coke, and I said "You know I don't drink soda" in a snippy tone. I didn't see his reaction, but another coworker said "He's being nice to you, and you shot him down." I felt bad, apologized, and politely said I don't drink soda anymore. He accepted my apology with a smile and asked what I usually drink. My apology was sincere, but it's so weird to apologize. :look:

Last week a guy took an up-skirt pic while I was shopping during lunch. He couldn't see anything because I wore boyshort panties and a short black half slip under my knee-length flare dress. I so was stunned when I saw the flash that I barely said "You're nasty." He turned around with a stupid confused look. When I yelled "Yeah you, you pervert," people looked at him and he ran out the store.

A security guard asked me what happened. I needed calm down a bit, so I awkwardly joked "Uh, I really don't feel like talking to your species right now." He smiled and said he understood. He gave me a minute to collect my thoughts. I told him I noticed the guy 2 blocks before I entered the store, but I didn't think anything of it when I also saw him in the store. The guard listened and said he was very sorry that happened. He asked one of the workers to look for an item for me. It was out of stock, so he told me where else I could find it. He his tone was very calming.

Sometimes I feel like reverting to my old ways because there's a sense of comfort/security. But I know this transformation is worth it in the long run.

Honestly I've been quiet because it's just too much to take in right now. I understand what she wrote on an academic level but I am seriously having trouble internalizing it. I find her teachings so alien to the way I have lived my entire life. I am grieving right now on so many levels for the hurt and pain I have experienced and caused over the years due to my ignorance. I am trying to figure out how to move forward from here.

Honestly I've been quiet because it's just too much to take in right now. I understand what she wrote on an academic level but I am seriously having trouble internalizing it. I find her teachings so alien to the way I have lived my entire life. I am grieving right now on so many levels for the hurt and pain I have experienced and caused over the years due to my ignorance. I am trying to figure out how to move forward from here.

Thank you for being so candid about your response to the book. The past is the past, the good news is now we have the information to make more informed decisions.

I do not want this thread to die. @TracyNicole now that its been a few weeks do you have any thoughts you can share? I always appreciate your input.

Does anyone else have any experiences with the reading or any others?

As you know, I never mince words on here lol.... So as embarrassing as it is, I'll just bring it out and suffer shame later lol. :blush:

*****CAUTION: LONG ol' post coming through****

Last night I realized that I need to up my femininity a little bit lol.

Okay, so last night I went out with a few girlfriends of mine. We're all (4 of us) planning on going on a trip to Europe hopefully next year, so we were getting together for dinner to chat about our plans, where we will stay, how to save money, etc. Anyway, one of my girlfriends brought along one of her friends who is also going on the trip with the 3 of us who I've never met before.

Let me tell you, her friend was the cutest, sweetest little Korean girl I've ever met. Seriously really nice girl. :yep: We hit it off instantly, and I think the trip with us all is going to go very nicely because we're all such a bunch of great ladies.

I found myself feeling really un-feminine however because my friend's friend (the Korean girl) just seemed so VERY feminine, sweet, charming, soft-spoken, smiley, positive, and girly. It was unsettling lol. :look: Maybe it's just that foreign-born women seem to be more "feminine" in general than American women I think lol. Idk... just something I've noticed. For example, Lupita N'yongo seems to be more feminine than most as well. IDK what it is about foreign women. Maybe it's just my imagination.

Anyway, at the end of the night, I took a step back and I started asking myself.....what was it about her that seemed so feminine? Then it hit me. She seemed sweet, quieter, mild, easy-going, laughed easily, had long hair, smiled...a LOT lol, tiny frame, short lol, nails done (french manicure), and most importantly, seemed overall happy with her life despite challenges. :yep: That's when I realized.... "Crystal...you need to do better" :look:

I'm not putting myself down in any way lol, but I realized last night that I need to do better than what I HAVE been doing on the feminine scale haha. :lol: I need to step UP my game! I used to be so much more feminine and less jaded by life when I was in my 20's and hadn't been through so much...drama. :look: Not only that, but back in my homestate I was making more money so I could actually AFFORD to get my chemical hair services touched up every 3 months, my hair done at the salon every 2 weeks, and my mani's and pedi's done every 3 weeks or so. Now days??? Ever since I moved out of state, I'm not making half as much salary-wise as I used to, and so I feel like I've kind of let myself go. :nono: I've gained a few extra lbs, I never get mani's or pedi's anymore, and I've just kind of even stopped exercising as regularly. :ohwell: I'm just being honest y'all lol.

Anyway, I made a resolve this morning to try to do better. I'm still working on TQC, CITO, and Powerful and Feminine, but I've decided to try to work on my OUTER package some as well. :yep: It's in me naturally, but I just have to focus on bringing it OUT more. :yep: I may not have the funds to get mani's and pedi's every 2 weeks, but I can sure buy some nail polish and polish my own nails...:look: I may not be able to afford a salon service every 2 weeks, but I can sure make sure that I look after and take care of my OWN natural hair, grow it LONG, and keep it looking nice and fresh. :yep: I even woke up a little earlier this morning and went and did about 30 min of walking/jogging in my neighborhood before work. :yay:

So yeah, I realized that I just need to chill as well in my personality lol. Stop worrying so much. Stop being anxious. Reading my bible and prayer helps, but I need to really seriously make it a determination to stop being so worried. I think the feminine spirit is more RECEPTIVE in nature, so it's almost like deep down you KNOW you will "receive" whatever good is deemed to come your way. I really need to focus on the GOOD in my life, stop complaining, and be more positive. I'm not a "negative" person, but I find that since I've been having financial hardships lately, my "energy" is off. I know money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure can help lol.

Lastly, I realized that I need to have a better view of myself in general. Idk why on the inside I view myself as being less feminine, but when I look at videos of myself, I seem to be very feminine (smiling, easy-going, etc). But there's another side to me that I guess is internal that comes out sometimes, because even my mom says that I can be "different" at times. Maybe because I'm smart I can come off as a know-it-all, overly competent, or sometimes opinionated haha. :lol: I know I need to work on that some haha.

So basically (if you're still reading all of this lol), I guess what I'm trying to say is that while I'm going to be definitely continuing to work on my INNER self and my inner femininity, I am also going to start making more of a conscious effort to work on my OUTER self as well. You know, act "as if"! I'm not UN-feminine or butch by any means (no way), but I think that my personality at times can come off as a bit brash, slightly masculine, or authoritative at times, and I'm working on just relaxing, letting go, not having to "control" things. It's an "oldest child syndrome" I think lol. :lol: So, I'll be working on not only the inner self (with all of these books), but also on the outer self more as well. :yep:

Thanks for reading the thoughts in my head :grinwink:

I read TQC on Sunday in one sitting and now I'm just digesting it. My head is still spinning. I skimmed a lot of the "Burt carefully held a piece of beautiful, rich mahogany in his left hand as he meticulously carved the likeness of Claudia - his lovely bride of 50 years - with his steady, firm right hand" stuff b/c I truly cannot stand that writing style, but I paid close attention when the characters were talking. I took a ton of notes so I won't have to reread the entire book again.

WoW girl! In ONE sitting?? I dont' think my brain would be able to handle that entire book in one sitting. Whew! :notworthy:

LOL at the "Burt parts" :rofl: Yea, they get to me too. It's the same thing every time after the session. He goes and massages her feet in his lap. I mean seriously...how many times does it have to repeat that?? LOL! I could do w/out the Claudia and her husband/slave (ooops...did I say that?? :look: ) scenes haha. :lol: I mean it's sweet when you read it once or twice... but when it's after EVERY session??? It's like goodness haha...... Alison could have changed up the formula/routine a little bit lol.

I also reserved a copy of Conscious Uncoupling at the library. I know it seems like the opposite of everything in this thread, but I believe it's just another piece of the puzzle. I sometimes carry "residue" from past relationships (e.g., disappointment, anger, etc.) and I've been working at forgiving and letting go for some time. For the most part, I've been successful, but from time to time I discover new stuff I need to release. That said, I'm curious about how to peacefully part from someone without drama. The book is by the same woman who wrote "Calling In the One" and while I know some people will revel in the irony, I think it was very brave of her to do this. I don't believe that just because a relationship doesn't work out, it was a failure. As painful as breakups can be, there's always something you take from it, even if it's knowing what NOT to do again.

Oh wow! The book sounds interesting. Let us know how it is. I still have yet to finish CITO, but that book has already transformed my life. :yep:

Good for you in doing what you need to do in order to get rid of some old baggage. :up:

Sometimes I feel like reverting to my old ways because there's a sense of comfort/security. But I know this transformation is worth it in the long run.
Sorry to hear about that creep that was snapping pictures of you at the mall...smh :nono:

But yes I agree, sometimes I am tempted to revert back to my old ways/habits, but I have to keep reminding myself that changing up and being more feminine is totally worth it in the end. :yep: :yep:

I understand how you feel. :yep: The book CAN be a bit overwhelming sometimes. :yep: Plus, it's hard for me to put into practice the exercises because I'm not dating anyone right now, so I'm not around enough men in order to practice this stuff with. I work with men in the office, but I'm not usually castrating them....or, at least I don't think I am. :look:

It's so funny how now that I've been reading TQC, I can SO easily pick out and tell who the female frog farmers are...even online when reading blogs or posts from women about relationships. :nono: One woman made a post (not on here...on another site) about how all men are like "toddlers", and that you have to "train" them, otherwise they will just try to get away with anything. I just :rolleyes: and thought to myself... "frog farmer!!" :lol: Whenever a man is (in my mind) "behaving badly", one of the FIRST things I ask myself now is: "is there a good REASON for why he is doing what he is doing?" Honestly, a lot of times women think men are being rude ON PURPOSE (because see....women are more passive in that way lol), but with men, I'm guessing that a lot of the time they're not intentionally trying to be rude or do things that will make you upset. I think a lot of times it's a miscommunication, or maybe something that is taking more priority for them at the moment, and for us as women we see it as them ignoring the issue or deliberately not doing what WE would like them to do.

This book has changed me a lot in how I view men. :yep:

Last edited:
@Crystalicequeen123 I really resonate with what you just wrote. When I go out for leisure, I feel and look very feminine. But during the work week, I feel pretty androgynous and dull. I teach high school, and the majority of my students are boys with behavior problems. So as far as dress, I purposefully avoid looking too feminine or dainty (which is how I prefer and matches the inner spirit that I'm working on cultivating) to avoid their already inappropriate comments and for them to take me seriously. I like to have my face beat, heels on, and feel like a woman...but work makes me break out the dull, asexual gear lol.

This is actually another reason why I'm looking to switch the type of setting I work in. It's like for 40 hours a week I have to slightly "butch" myself ..then when I leave work, I have to re-calibrate. It's draining.

@Crystalicequeen123 I really resonate with what you just wrote. When I go out for leisure, I feel and look very feminine. But during the work week, I feel pretty androgynous and dull. I teach high school, and the majority of my students are boys with behavior problems. So as far as dress, I purposefully avoid looking too feminine or dainty (which is how I prefer and matches the inner spirit that I'm working on cultivating) to avoid their already inappropriate comments and for them to take me seriously. I like to have my face beat, heels on, and feel like a woman...but work makes me break out the dull, asexual gear lol.

This is actually another reason why I'm looking to switch the type of setting I work in. It's like for 40 hours a week I have to slightly "butch" myself ..then when I leave work, I have to re-calibrate. It's draining.

I'm glad you can relate @Duchesse . I don't have a job that makes me dress androgynously or anything like that, but just on average I feel like I have sort of "let myself go" over the years and it was only last night that I realized just how far I've come lol. :lol: I used to be more like "that girl" in the OT threads, but lately I've just been "invisible girl". :ohwell:

I honestly think the decline started after I went through a major heartbreak years ago back in 2009. I didn't want to look at men, talk to men, entertain any advances, NOTHING. I was in a rollercoaster relationship for 4 years off and on that had me in knots...being clingy, insecure, etc. :nono: After it ended in late 2009, I basically didn't want anything to do w/men at that time lol. :lol:

Then, when I BC'd towards the end of 2010, at first I felt feminine and went overboard to glam it up since my natural hair was so short lol. But as the years went on and I noticed the stark difference in male attention (or lack thereof I should say :look:) compared to the attention I would get when my hair was relaxed, I just sort of gradually ended up becoming "invisible" (I feel) to men. Guys on the metro would visibly turn their heads when they caught glimpses of me with my short, natural hair. :nono: Then, (as if that wasn't bad enough) I moved to SoCal, where you're pretty much "invisible" as a bw anyway lol. :lachen: So, I just started getting used to feeling "invisible" to men I guess. When you start feeling invisible to men, you stop trying. What's the use?? :look:

So add on to that I recently had to move out on my own because my roommate got married, and I'm not making half the salary I was back home, sooo....lack of my usual finances caused me to put those "frilly things" I used to spend money on (ie. new dresses, new makeup, mani/pedi, massages, hair accessories, jewelry, salon treatments etc.) on the backburner...which is understandable. Don't get me wrong, I STILL pay money for these things....but now I probably buy them once or twice a year or DIY at home as opposed to going out to and doing these things more frequently. :nono:

But I told myself yesterday that there is NO excuse (not even low funds) to go out of the house looking like crap and not looking stylish, feminine, and PRETTY. I look back at old bw of the 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's who would look so stylish and feminine..... They probably weren't making a six-figure income or even what was considered a "high salary" back then... But they STILL kept themselves in shape, looked feminine, and made themselves looking presentable. :yep:

25.jpg

085bf4818b246680a5298f0d05d2c5bf.jpg

vbg_mosley_blockson.jpg

miriam-makeba-4.jpg

753f6ca3206975ab2835d8e6cff94cd6.jpg

So yes....no more "Frump City" for me!!! :lachen:

As regards to your job @Duchesse , have you ever tried wearing more feminine clothes to work? If so, what was the response?? :look:

This may be wishful thinking, but based on what I've been reading in the books on femininity, I think that women should be able to wear whatever they feel like wearing (especially something as normal as a woman wearing "feminine" clothing----hello??) in whatever environment they are in. Now if you were working in a jail cell I would probably advise not to wear frilly dresses lol :giggle:, but if you're in a school environment, I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a nice skirt or summer dress every now and then. Are the boys in your school really that bad?? What do they do? :look: IS there a way to establish boundaries and RESPECT that doesn't entail in you having to change your wardrobe to one that is androgynous??

After all, you could be teaching them a valuable lesson for their adult life. They should learn to respect women, no matter WHAT they are wearing. Especially if you are in a position of authority. I don't think women should have to "butch" themselves in order to be taken seriously smh. :nono: Before reading TQC I used to feel like I should do that, but now I'm like...No! Why should I change!?!?? They just need to learn to control their urges and disrespectful comments! :pyro:

@Crystalicequeen123 thank you for being so candid. I am in complete agreement on many of the points you raised. In fact, much of my distress comes from now understanding that I really do set the tone in my home. I, like many women I know, have long held the belief that men should just accept whatever we give them. Much of what Alison shared in TQC has made me realize that I have a duty to keep myself up not only in mind and spirit but also in body. As I have neglected myself over the years I realize it has had an effect on our relationship because it has affected my happiness and confidence more so than the actual physical changes. I have been doing so much work on the inside and now that my feminine personality is becoming more vibrant, I sort of feel trapped in this unhealthy body I created. It's time to get to work!

@Crystalicequeen123 thank you for being so candid. I am in complete agreement on many of the points you raised. In fact, much of my distress comes from now understanding that I really do set the tone in my home. I, like many women I know, have long held the belief that men should just accept whatever we give them. Much of what Alison shared in TQC has made me realize that I have a duty to keep myself up not only in mind and spirit but also in body. As I have neglected myself over the years I realize it has had an effect on our relationship because it has affected my happiness and confidence more so than the actual physical changes. I have been doing so much work on the inside and now that my feminine personality is becoming more vibrant, I sort of feel trapped in this unhealthy body I created. It's time to get to work!

That was my biggest overall revelation. I set the tone in my interactions.

This is the power of receiving.

But I think this has been why for me this material led to me strengthening my spiritual connection and finding my peace so I can be completely confident as often as possible.

I'm glad you can relate @Duchesse . I don't have a job that makes me dress androgynously or anything like that, but just on average I feel like I have sort of "let myself go" over the years and it was only last night that I realized just how far I've come lol. :lol: I used to be more like "that girl" in the OT threads, but lately I've just been "invisible girl". :ohwell:

I honestly think the decline started after I went through a major heartbreak years ago back in 2009. I didn't want to look at men, talk to men, entertain any advances, NOTHING. I was in a rollercoaster relationship for 4 years off and on that had me in knots...being clingy, insecure, etc. :nono: After it ended in late 2009, I basically didn't want anything to do w/men at that time lol. :lol:

Then, when I BC'd towards the end of 2010, at first I felt feminine and went overboard to glam it up since my natural hair was so short lol. But as the years went on and I noticed the stark difference in male attention (or lack thereof I should say :look:) compared to the attention I would get when my hair was relaxed, I just sort of gradually ended up becoming "invisible" (I feel) to men. Guys on the metro would visibly turn their heads when they caught glimpses of me with my short, natural hair. :nono: Then, (as if that wasn't bad enough) I moved to SoCal, where you're pretty much "invisible" as a bw anyway lol. :lachen: So, I just started getting used to feeling "invisible" to men I guess. When you start feeling invisible to men, you stop trying. What's the use?? :look:

So add on to that I recently had to move out on my own because my roommate got married, and I'm not making half the salary I was back home, sooo....lack of my usual finances caused me to put those "frilly things" I used to spend money on (ie. new dresses, new makeup, mani/pedi, massages, hair accessories, jewelry, salon treatments etc.) on the backburner...which is understandable. Don't get me wrong, I STILL pay money for these things....but now I probably buy them once or twice a year or DIY at home as opposed to going out to and doing these things more frequently. :nono:

But I told myself yesterday that there is NO excuse (not even low funds) to go out of the house looking like crap and not looking stylish, feminine, and PRETTY. I look back at old bw of the 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's who would look so stylish and feminine..... They probably weren't making a six-figure income or even what was considered a "high salary" back then... But they STILL kept themselves in shape, looked feminine, and made themselves looking presentable. :yep:

25.jpg

085bf4818b246680a5298f0d05d2c5bf.jpg

vbg_mosley_blockson.jpg

miriam-makeba-4.jpg

753f6ca3206975ab2835d8e6cff94cd6.jpg

So yes....no more "Frump City" for me!!! :lachen:

As regards to your job @Duchesse , have you ever tried wearing more feminine clothes to work? If so, what was the response?? :look:

This may be wishful thinking, but based on what I've been reading in the books on femininity, I think that women should be able to wear whatever they feel like wearing (especially something as normal as a woman wearing "feminine" clothing----hello??) in whatever environment they are in. Now if you were working in a jail cell I would probably advise not to wear frilly dresses lol :giggle:, but if you're in a school environment, I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a nice skirt or summer dress every now and then. Are the boys in your school really that bad?? What do they do? :look: IS there a way to establish boundaries and RESPECT that doesn't entail in you having to change your wardrobe to one that is androgynous??

After all, you could be teaching them a valuable lesson for their adult life. They should learn to respect women, no matter WHAT they are wearing. Especially if you are in a position of authority. I don't think women should have to "butch" themselves in order to be taken seriously smh. :nono: Before reading TQC I used to feel like I should do that, but now I'm like...No! Why should I change!?!?? They just need to learn to control their urges and disrespectful comments! :pyro:

Great posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shaved last year and I am now in that middle hair stage which is frustrating to really find great hair styles and I am lazy to do roller sets. I loved it when my hair was super short because it was easy to manage and it really forced me to amp up the feminine. I have taken time off for a bit so my hair is always in a protective style (big braids) and a beautiful silk hair scarf and when I am navigating the city or traveling it is in a nice cap. I am just praying to get to next year when I will be at year two and hopefully full SL or approaching APL and then I can have more hair styles to choose from and get from under the hair scarves and hats. For me the ultimate fem look is a big juicy lazy bun.

Best,
Almond Eyes

@almond eyes Not sure how you would feel about this but my Mom has like 5 beautiful wigs that she wears. She says she is only wearing them to grow her hair out but her hair is long enough to me. My point is that she always looks pulled together very quickly. She's very feminine and her wigs are very flattering. She normally pulls out a few strands of her own hair in the front to make it look natural. I love the fact that she can remove them in the evening and wash her hair as often as she likes, unlike some weaves.

@Crystalicequeen123 I always love your input! I had a similar epiphany when I started following this thread. I just "knew" that I didn't have time for my nails and hair because I'm a busy, working Mom. However, when I decided that I was tired of not truly being myself and I was able to identify what was missing, I made the time. I have felt so confident in my femininity in the last few months. I'm on a positive feedback loop. The more I do, the better I feel and the more affirmations I receive, which is important to me as a woman. I also notice that men are so much more respectful towards me. I've taken lots of the advice form this thread and the "do you dress your best everyday" thread and applied them to my life. Just those simple things like smile more, making healthier food choices, wearing brighter colors and incorporating lace and skirts into my wardrobe. The best part is that I'm having a great time doing all of these things!

I shaved last year and I am now in that middle hair stage which is frustrating to really find great hair styles and I am lazy to do roller sets. I loved it when my hair was super short because it was easy to manage and it really forced me to amp up the feminine. I have taken time off for a bit so my hair is always in a protective style (big braids) and a beautiful silk hair scarf and when I am navigating the city or traveling it is in a nice cap. I am just praying to get to next year when I will be at year two and hopefully full SL or approaching APL and then I can have more hair styles to choose from and get from under the hair scarves and hats. For me the ultimate fem look is a big juicy lazy bun.

Best,
Almond Eyes

@almond eyes Not sure how you would feel about this but my Mom has like 5 beautiful wigs that she wears. She says she is only wearing them to grow her hair out but her hair is long enough to me. My point is that she always looks pulled together very quickly. She's very feminine and her wigs are very flattering. She normally pulls out a few strands of her own hair in the front to make it look natural. I love the fact that she can remove them in the evening and wash her hair as often as she likes, unlike some weaves.

@Crystalicequeen123 I always love your input! I had a similar epiphany when I started following this thread. I just "knew" that I didn't have time for my nails and hair because I'm a busy, working Mom. However, when I decided that I was tired of not truly being myself and I was able to identify what was missing, I made the time. I have felt so confident in my femininity in the last few months. I'm on a positive feedback loop. The more I do, the better I feel and the more affirmations I receive, which is important to me as a woman. I also notice that men are so much more respectful towards me. I've taken lots of the advice form this thread and the "do you dress your best everyday" thread and applied them to my life. Just those simple things like smile more, making healthier food choices, wearing brighter colors and incorporating lace and skirts into my wardrobe. The best part is that I'm having a great time doing all of these things!

Thanks so much for your comment. I have started to rotate with the wigs now that I know how to take care of my hair better. I am just so frightened for my temple hairline which is a bit sparse due to over extension braiding plus my fine hair over the years. But you are right, I need to step it up and wigs do help a lot during the grow out process it is so easy to get lazy and plop on a hat or hair scarf. Your comment was timely for me.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Thank you! :grin:

As you know, I never mince words on here, even if it will put me in a negative light....I have to be honest. I feel like only when I am honest, then and only then can TRUE healing and self-improvement come about. :yep:

I agree that TQC as well as just this thread in general has helped me to realize that I DO have an obligation to keep myself looking good, presentable, and the best "me" that I can be...whatever that may be. I may not be able to change my hair texture, my skin tone, my height, my ethnicity, my background, or what society in general thinks about me...but by golly I can SURE control: My weight/size, my healthy eating habits, my hair health and appearance (change up with new styles and accessories), my clothing, my outward demeanor, whether I smile or not, my outlook on life, how often I complain, what my nails look like, my makeup, the list goes on and on. :yep:

That was my biggest overall revelation. I set the tone in my interactions.

This is the power of receiving.

But I think this has been why for me this material led to me strengthening my spiritual connection and finding my peace so I can be completely confident as often as possible.

YES!!! I think I have now figured this out!! When I think back and look back to prior relationships w/men, I realize that a lot of times I was the one in "control" of the tone of my interactions with them! Even if a man is behaving "rudely", there were times when I didn't have to respond back in kind. I could have just said to myself: "Well, for whatever reason he's having a 'moody moment', so let me continue to show him love and go on about my business..." :look: I didn't have to make his "moods" about ME. Even if he WAS mad at me, instead of me also getting mad and ignoring him, snapping back at him, giving him the cold shoulder (even when he was trying to apologize/or make amends), I should have been forgiving and calmly and respectfully stated my boundaries and expectations in a classy and feminine way. :yep:

Before reading TQC I used to ALWAYS feel like MEN were the ones with all the power. But now I see that it's really WOMEN who have the "power" over men in a lot of ways lol. :giggle: Of course, we don't use that power abusively, but it's definitely a very freeing feeling. When you feel powerful, you don't have to pick up the sword, or emasculate men, because you know you possess power all on your own. :yep:

Best,
Almond Eyes

Oh yes, I definitely feel your pain lol! :lol: I HATED that awkward "in-between" stage my natural hair was in! :wallbash: Although I don't like short hair on me, I found that I looked more chic with a short afro or twist-out than I did when my hair was in that weird awkward in between stage (not quite short, not quite long). :nono: That's why I'm scared to ever cut my hair again. I can't do the in-between stage.

Plus, my hair is fine-textured, so even though I've been natural for 5 years, my hair breaks and tangles easily. So I haven't really seen a lot of growth. Plus, now that it's longer (inching closer to APL), I find that I HAVE to keep my hair in protective styles/twists now (although I hate them :rolleyes:) if I want to have any hope of seeing any hair growth or retention. :ohwell:

Rollersets are nice, but now that my hair is longer, I need magnetic rollers and finding big magnetic rollers are difficult. I still can't seem to find the big purple ones anywhere. :look:

Which type of wigs are these where she can pull some of her hair to the front and leave it out?? :look:

Aww thanks girlie! :grin:

Your progress sounds awesome!!! :up: I find that men DO tend to respect me more when I'm dressed like a lady. It's a different TYPE of respect. I can't explain it. But I feel like the Queen Bee lol. :giggle:

I'm glad you found out what was missing and you made changes. :yep: I think I was so focused on changing my inner self (which is the best place to start btw) that somewhere along the lines I forgot to focus on the OUTER me as well lol! :lol: It took a little Korean girl to "wake me up" I guess haha.

My challenge will be trying to stay feminine and staying that "it girl" while at the same time working with a reduced budget/income. It's difficult (yes), but it's not impossible. I had a childhood friend who grew up low-income. She and her single mom never really had too much money, but one thing I always noticed about her was that their apartment was always PRISTINE and CLEAN, my friend walked around like she had a million bucks in her pocket, her hair always looked DONE, she did her own nails, she kept in shape by jogging at the park and doing exercise tapes at home, and although she shopped in the lower-end stores, she ALWAYS bought really cute outfits. If you saw her walking down the street you would think she was a model and made a ton of money lol. She was fierce. :yep: Because she kept herself slim, she could still shop in the junior section (hello, cheaper clothes!) at Forever 21 or Aeropostal lol. (Yet ANOTHER reason to keep slender :) ) She never complained about what she didn't have or what she WISHED she could buy. She just always seemed perfectly fine w/what she had even though she didn't grow up with much. She also always had a slew of guys chasing after her... probably because she hardly ever gave them the time of day lol:lachen: I think they thought she was sexy because she EXUDED confidence!! :yep: I'll be honest, I never really noticed it before because I usually always had nice jobs, had money, and grew up in an upper-middle class family. But now that my finances are lower than expected, I now see how I can take from her example. I'm going to become a DIY woman!! :lol:

We don't have to be rich ladies in order to look GOOD and well put together. :yep: So don't let a lack of funds prevent you from looking your best EVERY single day. :grinwink:

I also wanted to add too....

That I think I may just take a little bit of a break from the ET board... Or, at least a break from SOME of the threads on there.

Idk about you ladies, but I feel like if we're not careful, some boards/threads can actually be detrimental to our spirit. :ohwell: I'm trying to have more positivity and exude more confidence and femininity in my life. I don't need to be clicking into threads reading about how black men think that black women are the "lowest" women on the totem pole, or how they don't want us, or how light/white women are better etc. :blah: :blah: :rolleyes: I'm guilty of reading and responding on those threads, so I know it's hard NOT to look away, but I'm doing myself a favor and giving those threads a break. I don't even think I will click into those threads.

My concern is, if we're not careful, we can start to internalize it...EVEN if we're against such negative talk. Psychology states that if you tell someone something often enough, they start to believe it. :ohwell: I may also take a break from my social media outlets for a little bit (ie. Twitter, Instagram, etc). I already got rid of Facebook last year, and honestly, being off FB for a year was probably one of the BEST decisions I've ever made. If you're really my "friend", you will call me, you will text me, you will invite me places, you will check up on me to see how I'm doing every once in a while, etc. I only keep IG for family and friends out of state.... but fb and the privacy issues I have w/that site....is gone.

Idk, I'm just musing out loud, but I feel like I have to control what I allow myself to dwell on and infiltrate my spirit, because if I'm trying to be more positive in my life, view men positively, and be a more charming, radiant, and feminine woman in general, I can't be filling my head with constant reports of bm who "hate bw", or reading news articles about how bw are the "least likely of any race women to get married", :rolleyes:, I mean...how many times do we have to read nonsense like this?? I honestly think it is a detriment to us as bw and our young girls. We're strong women, so maybe we don't notice the effects the media has had on US right now...but if we're not careful, I think that continuing to fill our minds with that can subconsciously affect our self-esteem, our self worth, how we view ourselves, how we view MEN in general, etc.

In order for me to have a healthy relationship w/a man in the future, I need to think positively of them and also think the best about myself as well. Thankfully, I didn't grow up w/colorism within my family, but I do know that if I'm not careful, some of the mentalities of others could eventually affect me, so why should I give them the chance?? Why keep a steady diet of that in my mind??

These are just my own personal thoughts, so I hope nobody is offended or feels that I'm trying to start a "movement" lol. :lol: I'm just talking about myself personally and what I feel like I personally need to do for my own self-healing and self-improvement. I feel like some areas of the ET forum are not uplifting or conducive to bw having a healthy self image. And even if SOME men prefer/like to date non-bw...so what?? I say bless them, have a nice day, and go on about our business.. :look: We women are QUEENS in our own right (no matter what race we are), so just because SOME men don't realize it doesn't make us any less of a Queen. :yep:

Okay I'm off my soapbox now lol :lol:

Last edited:
I also wanted to add too....

That I think I may just take a little bit of a break from the ET board... Or, at least a break from SOME of the threads on there.

Idk about you ladies, but I feel like if we're not careful, some boards/threads can actually be detrimental to our spirit. :ohwell: I'm trying to have more positivity and exude more confidence and femininity in my life. I don't need to be clicking into threads reading about how black men think that black women are the "lowest" women on the totem pole, or how they don't want us, or how light/white women are better etc. :blah: :blah: :rolleyes: I'm guilty of reading and responding on those threads, so I know it's hard NOT to look away, but I'm doing myself a favor and giving those threads a break. I don't even think I will click into those threads.

My concern is, if we're not careful, we can start to internalize it...EVEN if we're against such negative talk. Psychology states that if you tell someone something often enough, they start to believe it. :ohwell: I may also take a break from my social media outlets for a little bit (ie. Twitter, Instagram, etc). I already got rid of Facebook last year, and honestly, being off FB for a year was probably one of the BEST decisions I've ever made. If you're really my "friend", you will call me, you will text me, you will invite me places, you will check up on me to see how I'm doing every once in a while, etc. I only keep IG for family and friends out of state.... but fb and the privacy issues I have w/that site....is gone.

Idk, I'm just musing out loud, but I feel like I have to control what I allow myself to dwell on and infiltrate my spirit, because if I'm trying to be more positive in my life, view men positively, and be a more charming, radiant, and feminine woman in general, I can't be filling my head with constant reports of bm who "hate bw", or reading news articles about how bw are the "least likely of any race women to get married", :rolleyes:, I mean...how many times do we have to read nonsense like this?? I honestly think it is a detriment to us as bw and our young girls. We're strong women, so maybe we don't notice the effects the media has had on US right now...but if we're not careful, I think that continuing to fill our minds with that can subconsciously affect our self-esteem, our self worth, how we view ourselves, how we view MEN in general, etc.

In order for me to have a healthy relationship w/a man in the future, I need to think positively of them and also think the best about myself as well. Thankfully, I didn't grow up w/colorism within my family, but I do know that if I'm not careful, some of the mentalities of others could eventually affect me, so why should I give them the chance?? Why keep a steady diet of that in my mind??

These are just my own personal thoughts, so I hope nobody is offended or feels that I'm trying to start a "movement" lol. :lol: I'm just talking about myself personally and what I feel like I personally need to do for my own self-healing and self-improvement. I feel like some areas of the ET forum are not uplifting or conducive to bw having a healthy self image. And even if SOME men prefer/like to date non-bw...so what?? I say bless them, have a nice day, and go on about our business.. :look: We women are QUEENS in our own right (no matter what race we are), so just because SOME men don't realize it doesn't make us any less of a Queen. :yep:

Okay I'm off my soapbox now lol :lol:

Dr. Wayne Dyer (RIP) always talked about treating your mind like the rest of your body. If you consume and hear junk you will internalize that very quickly even if you don't think so. And plus I need to focus on me. It can be tempting to go into the ET forum just to take a peak but I try to control the urges and sometimes I will see an interesting caption and just go in quickly and jump out. I hardly watch tele anymore. I spend more time reading, audio books and looking at my favorite youtube channels.

I do believe we are the creators of our lives and even though yes we know that the statistics can be against us as black women all over the world there are black women who are winning and they have a particular mind set and adopt certain habits.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I just finished reading KTTC and it's made such a dramatic change in my relationship since I started reading about 2 weeks ago. I totally credit the positive change to the actions I took from the book (i.e. not taking things personally, listening more, being calm) because he hasn't changed his behavior at all (lol) but things are going well. I'm about to start TQC, I think I might start tonight.

As for the ladies talking about taking ownership of your mind, you are so on point. I'm also working on learning to trust God more and focusing on accomplishing my goals (career, spiritual, beauty, etc...).

Thank you! :grin:

As you know, I never mince words on here, even if it will put me in a negative light....I have to be honest. I feel like only when I am honest, then and only then can TRUE healing and self-improvement come about. :yep:

I agree that TQC as well as just this thread in general has helped me to realize that I DO have an obligation to keep myself looking good, presentable, and the best "me" that I can be...whatever that may be. I may not be able to change my hair texture, my skin tone, my height, my ethnicity, my background, or what society in general thinks about me...but by golly I can SURE control: My weight/size, my healthy eating habits, my hair health and appearance (change up with new styles and accessories), my clothing, my outward demeanor, whether I smile or not, my outlook on life, how often I complain, what my nails look like, my makeup, the list goes on and on. :yep:

YES!!! I think I have now figured this out!! When I think back and look back to prior relationships w/men, I realize that a lot of times I was the one in "control" of the tone of my interactions with them! Even if a man is behaving "rudely", there were times when I didn't have to respond back in kind. I could have just said to myself: "Well, for whatever reason he's having a 'moody moment', so let me continue to show him love and go on about my business..." :look: I didn't have to make his "moods" about ME. Even if he WAS mad at me, instead of me also getting mad and ignoring him, snapping back at him, giving him the cold shoulder (even when he was trying to apologize/or make amends), I should have been forgiving and calmly and respectfully stated my boundaries and expectations in a classy and feminine way. :yep:

Before reading TQC I used to ALWAYS feel like MEN were the ones with all the power. But now I see that it's really WOMEN who have the "power" over men in a lot of ways lol. :giggle: Of course, we don't use that power abusively, but it's definitely a very freeing feeling. When you feel powerful, you don't have to pick up the sword, or emasculate men, because you know you possess power all on your own. :yep:

Oh yes, I definitely feel your pain lol! :lol: I HATED that awkward "in-between" stage my natural hair was in! :wallbash: Although I don't like short hair on me, I found that I looked more chic with a short afro or twist-out than I did when my hair was in that weird awkward in between stage (not quite short, not quite long). :nono: That's why I'm scared to ever cut my hair again. I can't do the in-between stage.

Plus, my hair is fine-textured, so even though I've been natural for 5 years, my hair breaks and tangles easily. So I haven't really seen a lot of growth. Plus, now that it's longer (inching closer to APL), I find that I HAVE to keep my hair in protective styles/twists now (although I hate them :rolleyes:) if I want to have any hope of seeing any hair growth or retention. :ohwell:

Rollersets are nice, but now that my hair is longer, I need magnetic rollers and finding big magnetic rollers are difficult. I still can't seem to find the big purple ones anywhere. :look:

Which type of wigs are these where she can pull some of her hair to the front and leave it out?? :look:

Aww thanks girlie! :grin:

Your progress sounds awesome!!! :up: I find that men DO tend to respect me more when I'm dressed like a lady. It's a different TYPE of respect. I can't explain it. But I feel like the Queen Bee lol. :giggle:

I'm glad you found out what was missing and you made changes. :yep: I think I was so focused on changing my inner self (which is the best place to start btw) that somewhere along the lines I forgot to focus on the OUTER me as well lol! :lol: It took a little Korean girl to "wake me up" I guess haha.

My challenge will be trying to stay feminine and staying that "it girl" while at the same time working with a reduced budget/income. It's difficult (yes), but it's not impossible. I had a childhood friend who grew up low-income. She and her single mom never really had too much money, but one thing I always noticed about her was that their apartment was always PRISTINE and CLEAN, my friend walked around like she had a million bucks in her pocket, her hair always looked DONE, she did her own nails, she kept in shape by jogging at the park and doing exercise tapes at home, and although she shopped in the lower-end stores, she ALWAYS bought really cute outfits. If you saw her walking down the street you would think she was a model and made a ton of money lol. She was fierce. :yep: Because she kept herself slim, she could still shop in the junior section (hello, cheaper clothes!) at Forever 21 or Aeropostal lol. (Yet ANOTHER reason to keep slender :) ) She never complained about what she didn't have or what she WISHED she could buy. She just always seemed perfectly fine w/what she had even though she didn't grow up with much. She also always had a slew of guys chasing after her... probably because she hardly ever gave them the time of day lol:lachen: I think they thought she was sexy because she EXUDED confidence!! :yep: I'll be honest, I never really noticed it before because I usually always had nice jobs, had money, and grew up in an upper-middle class family. But now that my finances are lower than expected, I now see how I can take from her example. I'm going to become a DIY woman!! :lol:

We don't have to be rich ladies in order to look GOOD and well put together. :yep: So don't let a lack of funds prevent you from looking your best EVERY single day. :grinwink:

Ebay and consignment stores are absolute gems!

@Crystalicequeen123

I have no idea how she does it. My Mom is so creative. I know that she custom fits all of her wigs herself. She cuts them to frame her face and actually cuts pieces out of the wigs to remove bulk. She's so creative! She even makes her own wigs using a net and sews the tracks of hair in herself. It sounds like a disaster but the results are really nice. She has thin, fine hair so she is always finding ways to protect her natural hair. I'm not creative AT ALL. So I'm always in awe.

I wish i could give all of you a big hug right now! this thread is amazing and I will contribute my thoughts as soon as I get through Getting to I do. Got back with my ex earlier this year...things were amazing and then whomp whomp...we still hanging by a thread...we have a trip we planned coming in a few months.....see if we last until then. In the meantime I will take in as much tips/advice i can get to see if this can be turned around. our kids are grown now...so would be nice for us to enjoy these empty-nester years together.

Hi Ladies,

Did you find the videos from the Queens Code website to be helpful? did most of you buy off of her website or amazon? I'm thinking of purchasing keys to the kingdom and Queen's Code. ...... almost finished Getting to I do....TIA

Hey....what happened to this board??? :look: Ladies?? lol.....

I mean, the Alison books are nice to read and all, but what about everyday things/updates/pampering/goals/pictures/ideas for being more feminine? I hope this board doesn't die. It has such good advice/wisdom. :yep:

Back