Feminine Belles - Info/discussion/support Thread

Whoo.. I'm finally caught up with this thread. :pepper: I'm halfway through Feminine and Powerful. I'm already adding Queen's code and keys to the kingdom on my to buy list next. :ohsnap: This thread is not good for my wallet. Oh and I don't mind if my stories here are quoted. I've shared so many personal things here over the years that it'd be easy to blackmail me. :lachen:

OK. So I finished Powerful and feminine this morning. I was so excited to read the Queen's code that I forced myself to dedicate all morning to finishing it (Powerful and Feminine I mean). :giggle: All in all its a good read but not as good as The Queen's code is proving to be for me. I'm already on chapter 3 of that book. And OMG I'm having epiphany after epiphany!! Even before I bought the book I had a sneaky suspicion that I am a frog farmer. Well the first chapter confirmed it! When my friends and I get together we do bash men. I'm ashamed to say that since I have 6 brothers and a dad. The part about castrating men really resonates with me. I'm thinking about the guy I'm currently dating and the times I've made him feel like he's 2 feet tall by trying to make him jealous :rolleyes:. All the times I punished him for not acting as quickly as I think he should be... Compared to the Perfect Person :rolleyes:. Castrating him further by constantly telling him that I don't trust him. :(. Interupting him when I ask him a question. I can already see that he was pulling away from me. Wow... if he didn't really like me he'd have bounced a long time ago. Instead he keeps trying to make this work between us. I think I need to stop telling my business to friends who like to put men down. I also need to treat men better in general. I remember one time that I told my dad that I lost respect for him because of something he didn't do. My brother literally said: "Wow... You just castrated the man!" I apologized to my dad but I don't think his ego ever recovered. Till this day I regret saying that to him. It doesn't help that my mom contributes to the castration too... I've got to learn to trust men. They're not all out to get into my pants and leave right after.

@caribeandiva. Girl...knowing is half the battle!! Keep reading.... It gets more beautiful. I want everyone to finish before I voice my opinion. I'm already starting the keys to the kingdom. My problem is the men are very into me initially, then it fizzles off after a few months and I'm trying to use tactics, manipulation or overcater for their affection... I'm actually trying to practice with my male relatives..

OK. So I finished Powerful and feminine this morning. I was so excited to read the Queen's code that I forced myself to dedicate all morning to finishing it (Powerful and Feminine I mean). :giggle: All in all its a good read but not as good as The Queen's code is proving to be for me. I'm already on chapter 3 of that book. And OMG I'm having epiphany after epiphany!! Even before I bought the book I had a sneaky suspicion that I am a frog farmer. Well the first chapter confirmed it! When my friends and I get together we do bash men. I'm ashamed to say that since I have 6 brothers and a dad. The part about castrating men really resonates with me. I'm thinking about the guy I'm currently dating and the times I've made him feel like he's 2 feet tall by trying to make him jealous :rolleyes:. All the times I punished him for not acting as quickly as I think he should be... Compared to the Perfect Person :rolleyes:. Castrating him further by constantly telling him that I don't trust him. :(. Interupting him when I ask him a question. I can already see that he was pulling away from me. Wow... if he didn't really like me he'd have bounced a long time ago. Instead he keeps trying to make this work between us. I think I need to stop telling my business to friends who like to put men down. I also need to treat men better in general. I remember one time that I told my dad that I lost respect for him because of something he didn't do. My brother literally said: "Wow... You just castrated the man!" I apologized to my dad but I don't think his ego ever recovered. Till this day I regret saying that to him. It doesn't help that my mom contributes to the castration too... I've got to learn to trust men. They're not all out to get into my pants and leave right after.

Oh you're reading it too??? Good!!! :grin: Looks like we're all reading "The Queens Code" lol :giggle:

I'm glad you liked "Powerful & Feminine".

Honestly??? I think there is something to be gleaned from each of the books, but imo, I think the books need to be read in a certain order because each builds upon the other!
Just judging from all of the books I've been reading since late last year on self-improvement, femininity, etc.... Here are the ones that I think should DEFINITELY be in every woman's book shelf. I'm telling you, it will make you a transformed woman!!! :shocked: I've already felt transformed and I haven't even finished all of the books.

Anyway, here are the books I DEFINITELY highly recommend....and the order of reading...

1) Calling in the One --OMG....HANDS DOWN this book is a definitely a keeper. :yep: This book has been life-changing!! I've had the BIGGEST epiphanies and self-revelations with this book. It is not an "easy" read, but if you do the exercises, you will DEFINITELY be a transformed woman. :yep: This book opened my eyes to why I'm still single. I am only half-way through the book, and already this book has been life-changing for me! Doing the exercises is like going through years of therapy.. I swear...this book should be in EVERY woman's arsenal...single or NOT!

2) The Queen's Code -- I haven't even finished this book yet (I'm only half-way through), but I am learning SO much about men it's not even funny. :lachen: I never grew up with brothers, and my parents separated when I was little. Even though my mom remarried, it wasn't like I really grew up with a stable male father figure in the household. My mom is the ULTIMATE frog farmer! :lol: But I'm SO glad I'm reading this book, it is teaching me so much. :yep: DEFINITELY a MUST-read for ANY woman!!! :up:

3) The Keys to the Kingdom -- After reading the Queen's Code, I think it's only fitting to read the keys to the kingdom, because the MORE you learn about men, the MORE you tap into your femininity. I never thought that was possible, but the more you love and appreciate men, the more you come to appreciate and love your femininity, things that make you different from men...instead of trying to BE men. :look: I can't wait to download this book and start reading it! :grin: I'm NOT going to download it however until I have finished the Queen's Code.

4) Powerful & Feminine --This book is awesome too! I think this one is definitely a must-have as well! It helped me to really appreciate my unique feminine qualities and to relish in the FEELING of being a woman. I felt like it taught me how to tap into my feminine radiance naturally, and now that I've been reading the Queen's Code, I bet that if I read this book again afterwards I would have SO much more of an understanding and appreciation for my feminine radiance. This was the first book for me that really made me appreciate being a woman, and tapping into my natural radiance. :grin: Definitely one that should be read last perhaps. It will be MUCh easier to tap into your natural femininity (and "womb space" :giggle:) while reading this book after you've read the others imo. :yep:

I took the vow to give up my right to castrate men. I was so serious about it that I emailed my vow to the author as suggested. Afterwards I had a deep sadness come over me. I was not expecting that! I think I was mourning! Mourning what? I don't know exactly. Maybe the way I made men feel and how i used to pride myself on being a ballbuster. :( Now that I know better I'll do better.

That is a great order @Crystalicequeen123

Other than the calling in the one challenge, I sped read through the books. I think I may redo the calling in the one challenge in November to see how much I've grown in a year and I love your idea about rereading powerful and feminine. I may give that a try.

@Kimbosheart No problem!! :grin:

Yea if you've already read Queen's Code and Keys to the Kingdom, it will definitely be easy for you to read Powerful & Feminine. Even the exercises will be easy, because imo, the Queens Code (and probably Keys to the Kingdom) break down the walls and blockages to women becoming TRULY feminine. And therefore once you've read those books and have broken down those walls and misconceptions about men, you will be completely "ripe" for reading "Feminine and Powerful" and it will make MUCH more sense to you than to someone who hasn't read the other books prior. I can already tell that reading those books in that order would make a woman "stand out" when she walks into a room...and the "Powerful & Feminine" book shows you how to do that. She talks mainly physicality, whereas the Queen's Code talks more about changing your MINDSET . Both good books imo. :yep: The P&F book is definitely "out there" if you aren't well-versed about "energy" we give off, "attraction", etc... There were some parts where I laughed and giggled to myself because the exercises just seemed so odd lol! :lol: But whenever I tried them and REALLY got into it, I was like: "WOW..... I better watch who I try these exercises on!" I could do some damage with this info lol :giggle:

I took the vow to give up my right to castrate men. I was so serious about it that I emailed my vow to the author as suggested. Afterwards I had a deep sadness come over me. I was not expecting that! I think I was mourning! Mourning what? I don't know exactly. Maybe the way I made men feel and how i used to pride myself on being a ballbuster. :( Now that I know better I'll do better.
Lol I did too!! :lachen: I didn't even expect a response back (can you imagine how many e-mails from women she must get in her inbox a day?? :lachen:), but I wanted to make the vow to myself and "confirm" it by sending the email.

Like the character in the book, once I gave up the "right" to emasculate men, I IMMEDIATELY felt freer, happier, and "Lighter"!! :yay: Even today I've been looking at men with a different light. I used to be so guarded around men and didn't even realize it... :nono: Now, I'm seeing that a lot of times men aren't even doing things on purpose to DELIBERATELY hurt women. That's all a misconception coming from a FEMALE brain.

Gosh, this book has opened up so many different things for me, and now that I realize I don't have to compete with men (I used to feel like I had to "impress" guys I was interested in w/my smarts, my job, how well I played a sport...etc. :rolleyes:), I feel so much more COMFORTABLE just being MYSELF! I feel an inner peace and calm come over me. :yep:

I'm sorry you were mourning @caribeandiva .... :ohwell: Maybe it's a deep inner sense of feeling like you have put the sword down and are no longer feeling "protected" since you won't be using it to castrate men anymore lol. It can leave a woman feeling vulnerable, especially if this is the usual go-to for protecting herself when she feels overwhelmed/fearful/offended by men. But I think in time the feeling will go away. :yep:

I feel like my heart is finally opening up even MORE ever since reading the Queen's Code. I don't feel like men are the "enemy" anymore. I never realized how much I subconsciously felt like men were the enemy or were out to hurt me. :nono: That will definitely keep me single.... :nono: I can't wait to finish CITO, like @Kimbosheart mentioned. I think this would help me even further with my self-reflection and healing. :yep:

Okay now ladies..... I have a serious question to ask...... Because I've been reading "The Queen's Code" now for a little under a week, and already I'm having epiphanies all over the place! :lol:

My mind is just swirling with all kinds of revelations and realizations left and right. :dizzy: :drunk:

Okay, so you know that I don't ever mince words on here (I can barely write a brief paragraph post lol! :lachen:), and I'm not trying to be controversial in ANY way here....I just want everyone's honest opinions, because something popped into my mind while I was reading this book. I think you have to have read at least the chapter on swords, hairpins and stilettos first in order to really give a fair assessment of these questions I'm about to ask, but I'm open to ALL opinions. :yep:

***AS a disclaimer, I'll just add that these are all generalizations (not everyone fits these molds)....but just in GENERAL terms...***

As I was reading the book, I came across the realization (and I think Claudia in the book confirmed this by one of her statements) that a lot of times when men tend to prefer younger women, it's not JUST the youthfulness that they are admiring or drawn to. I used to think it was just that men think that younger women are "hotter" and therefore more "desirable". However, while reading through the book and learning about ways that women emasculate men, I started wondering if maybe it's not JUST the youthfulness that men like about younger women. What if it's more? I figure that a younger woman has probably not had as much "experience" in life with men in order to make her embittered, cynical, and resentful towards men/relationships, etc. Maybe THIS is what is drawing the men moreso? Their openess, naivity, looking them with awe and respect (typcially, but not always)? There are probably differences (both good AND bad) between a woman 25 years old vs. a woman 45 years old.

Anyway, so then I started thinking about black women and femininity, and what it looks like, etc. I started trying to put two and two together. You can probably already tell where I'm going with this... :look:

My questions are two-fold....well....maybe 3-fold actually lol

1) In general, in the black community, how do you feel that bw interact with bm? In general? Do you feel as though over time we have emasculated our men (either unknowingly, or deliberately?? :look:)

2) Also, do you think that perhaps (PERHAPS!) in addition to society of course ( :rolleyes: ), that one of the reasons why it appears as though bm have started to date and marry IR is somehow due to how bw perceive, treat, view, behave around bm (distrustful, competing, argumentative, looking down upon, "I don't need a man", etc.)???

3) And if so....what can we do (if anything?) to change this "us" vs. "them" mentality that seems to have grown over the decades between bw and bm?

The reason why I ask is because if you've read the book ("The Queen's Code"), there's a chapter that discusses how men tend to behave when they feel like they've been emasculated by a woman. It's very clear in the book what that type of behavior does to men, and how they RESPOND to it. Well, over the years it just seems as though there has been more and more VOCAL disdain and hatred towards bw (online from twitter, social media, celebrities, etc) from bm (of all people!), and I'm just wondering if this might be one of the reasons (of many) that SOME bm (not all) have kind of started talking badly about bw, dating IR, etc...

Again, I'm not saying it's bw fault....but just that whether THIS might also be a factor. Or, if you think it's simply the media's fault (ie. European Standard of Beauty shoved down our throats, music videos, stereotypical negative images of bw shown in movies, TV, etc.).

I'm asking a serious question.....looking for a serious response.

It was just something that popped into my head while I was reading....it was almost like a lightbulb went off in my head and I wanted to know if anyone else thought about this, or if you've ever wondered this. :look:

@Crystalicequeen123 yes and more yes....

These are the discussions I've been waiting to have. And I'm so glad you are putting together these connections as well. I have plenty of thoughts on this information and how it can be more or less intense through the lens of black American masculinity and femininity. Just a few ideas... no answers

- Because of our place on the totem pole in American society our instincts to protect ourselves and provide for ourselves are even more honed. There are generations of Black Women in this county where not one of women has had a break. We get it from white men, white women, black men, our children, other cultures and then in today's society its subliminal through constant media messaging and images. We will be strong, independent, the best mothers, the most capable fathers, the successful career women, the accomplished academic, the temptress, bad chick with the most style, my hair, the perfect body, the trap queen, Bonnie to his Clyde, innocent child who isn't "Asking for it", freak in the sheets, first lady of the church, TWICE AS GOOD. We don't just get to be ourselves. We must stand alone in every role and excel in it. So on top of needing to protect ourselves because society won't let our men protect us, we then have to expend all of this masculine energy to be everything blamelessly and perfectly. We are tired, and if asked... angry. That doesn't leave us much room to be charming and enchanting.

- Because of the black man's place in American society, it is extremely important for us not to emasculate them, yet we do. There are generations of Black Men in this country where not one man has had a break. It comes from white men, white women, their wives, children, the police, government, in the workplace, at home, out on the town, on the playing field, other cultures, media. Our men, are constantly told that while you may be bigger and smarter you are not a full man. The success our men have is amazing in light of all of this. And the men that have been broken down from this system, my heart goes out to them. Knowing more about men, I may not choose to engage with a man that's so broken but I won't judge them for the choices they made. I don't know what it's like in their skin. When a man comes home to his castle, a castle he built using every bit of wit he had in a very dangerous world for him, it is so important for his women to make it all have meaning. If it is in a man's soul to provide we are literally denying his soul satisfaction when we don't show our appreciation. I do not mean physically but by putting down our swords and trusting him. I think the IR dating is probably for a ton of factors, Alison discusses imprinting and how that affects a man's type (hint black teachers for elementary school are important). But I can easily believe that one of the factors could possibly be that women of other cultures may not have the burdens on them that black women do and are not quite as sensitive to instincts concerning protecting and providing and therefore are less quick to emasculate a man. In addition, men of other cultures may have an easier time being able to provide for their women and thus there is an example and pattern for both genders to follow.

Can you see how much I love men and especially black men. I have a whole new appreciation for the good men I am fortunate to know. But also keep reading because in both Queens code and key's to the kingdom she explains the age gap in dating and actually recommends it but for other reasons.

"When a man comes home to his castle, a castle he built using every bit of wit he had in a very dangerous world for him, it is so important for his women to make it all have meaning. If it is in a man's soul toprovide we are literally denying his soul satisfaction when we don't show our appreciation. "

That was deep @Kimbosheart

It makes me understand when men are usually caught cheating, the women tend to be way less attractive than the wives or SO. Also, they love going to bars or strip clubs frequently even though the girls are selling a fantasy.

P.s. removed the rest of this post because it was being misinterpreted. .. I want this thread to remain positive! going to finish the keys to the kingdom...

Last edited:
In all this appreciation for men I should be clear. That I think cheating can be a lot of things. For some it's a relationship pattern they've learned from other men. For some it's a narcissistic need for more attention. For some it's just sex. For some it's immaturity. For some men it could definitely be that they want a better response from a person they have chosen to protect and provide for. I don't think Alison has driven out my belief that not all men cheat nor do I think she is trying to say that.

While I think it's great that we are noticing that men are reacting to us. I don't want to take responsibility for any persons immoral choices. Nothing I could've said or done should factor into any mans decision to cheat or be abusive.

I agree bit it was something that popped in my mind, not that you were insinuating it.

What I really like about Allison is that she doesn't push the agenda of blaming women, no manipulation tactics or the need for women to become something else in order to snag a man.

In all this appreciation for men I should be clear. That I think cheating can be a lot of things. For some it's a relationship pattern they've learned from other men. For some it's a narcissistic need for more attention. For some it's just sex. For some it's immaturity. For some men it could definitely be that they want a better response from a person they have chosen to protect and provide for. I don't think Alison has driven out my belief that not all men cheat nor do I think she is trying to say that.

While I think it's great that we are noticing that men are reacting to us. I don't want to take responsibility for any persons immoral choices. Nothing I could've said or done should factor into any mans decision to cheat or be abusive.

Last edited:
kermit-typing-on-a-typewriter-like-crazy-animation.gif

I can't keep up with you ladies :laugh:

(Disclaimer: I have not read the Queens Code and I am speaking generally in reference to young/older women)

The interaction with BM and BW is a vicious cycle that started during the time of slavery. The Willie Lynch Letter mentions how to break the unity of BM and BW (and subsequently the community) by indirectly targeting women. What they did was emasculate the biggest male slave by whipping him to near death. This is important because men are the protector of women. When the women see that the men that are suppose to protect them can no longer do so their perspective of black men changes.

There is so much pressure placed on BW. It was mentioned up thread that we are not designed for such a heavy load, it is almost as if the pressure being released comes out in the form of emasculation. None of this is done on purpose.

Men do typically prefer young women. They are not jaded by life due to less experiences, they keep themselves in shape, they are more focused on their appearance, they are more relaxed in relationship expectations (letting things go), and have an innocent/childlike approach to life that men like, just to name a few. Older women are so concerned with making sure things are done/happen a certain way, and hold expectations of what the relationship should be that they forget to just be and enjoy the moment. What older women do have on younger women is that they know exactly what they want and eliminate men that don't meet those standards.

What can we do: BE FEMININE

To me it is a black women charting her own course while still holding true to the traditional masculine and feminine roles.

To elaborate: We should be continuously engaging in things that nurtures and encourages our feminine side. We can not serve two gods, we can not be feminine at home and masculine at work, one side is going to over power the other. I have been studying femininity for years and it did not click to me that my professional life was hindering my growth as a feminine women. Once I stopped working things fell into place and my feminine disposition exploded. Should women do what I did? Yes, not to resign from your job, but to live a feminine life (on your terms) in all areas of your life not just at home. The type of work that I do now requires me to be feminine in order for me to be successful. It still in the same profession but in a different capacity. Now my professional and personal life are in one accord. If you are a scientist, doctor, lawyer, carpenter, mechanic, banker, house wife, SAHM, etc. you should be able to interject femininity into you work environment and it should be positively received.

Last edited:
I finished the Queen's Code yesterday. I was a little mad it ended where it did, I wanted more! But now I have to read the Keys. When I looked her up, I know she said she intended this to be a series of three books. I wonder if that's still the plan and when she will be coming out with the third.

It's funny b/c I had several epiphanies or eye opening moments while reading. I'm not a terrible Frog Farmer. I probably have some tendencies, but I've been fortunate enough to witness and have good men in my life and see strong and positive relationships.

My biggest issues are regarding vulnerability and accepting help. Some of the things she mentioned about being able to accept help, not just from men, but from other women were spot on. And also about boundaries and the barbed wire. I know I have an issue with this. I'm not entirely certain where it comes from, although I do have some ideas.

Warning - rambling ahead

For ex, my parents came to visit me for my birthday. I was happy to see them, although I know my housekeeping is never up to my mom's standards. And I'm working to declutter and get things straight. But still, it was in fairly decent shape once they came. So on my bday, my mom tells me that she wants to clean out my kitchen and living room. It'll be my birthday present. I told her I didn't want to do it. We were going to dinner that night, I don't want to clean. She says I don't have to. I tell her I don't want it, I don't need her to clean, she proceeds to tell me it's going to happen. You get the picture. Long story short, she ended up straightening up the kitchen. And it looks good.

And on hand, I stand by my decision to be pissed about it. I feel like I have the right to refuse help when I don't want it, especially in my own home, whether it's my mom doing it or not. At some point her 'I'm gonna do what I want' gets old. I think that's why I sometimes react strongly to things that I don't like or want b/c I'm not as forceful as the rest of my family and have had to learn to be to not get walked over. But on the other hand, after I essentially lost the fight, she told me 'I know you're busy with work and school and I wanted to do something so you have one less thing to worry about. Let the people who love you help you sometimes.'

That's such a weird thing, but it really made me think. I know that I refuse a lot of help, advice, etc from friends and family. Not everything. But there are certain things that if I were to get help, I would much rather pay someone I don't know to provide it, like a cleaning service, stylist, etc than someone close to me.

-End of ramble

Yeah, so lots to digest in the book. School is starting back up soon, so I don't know if I'm going to reading Keys to the Kingdom (esp since I don't have much of a dating life right now) or if I'm going to start Calling In The One and do an extended challenge. I feel like a true transformation needs to happen from the inside out. We'll see.

VERY well-thought out response @Kimbosheart :yep:

I'm glad most of you saw what I was trying to get at and didn't jump to get offended. I wouldn't have dared ask this question on say the ET or OT boards....:look: :hide:

I think it's good we can all think critically and be open-minded about seeing things a possible different way. I think this is at the HEART of the book "The Queen's Code". :yep: The book keeps stressing the need for the two main characters to be OPEN-minded in order to see things a different way in their dealings w/men, male behavior, etc. In fact, being OPEN is the epitome of femininity. Fluidity, "go with the flow" = all feminine.

@Crystalicequeen123 yes and more yes....
- Because of our place on the totem pole in American society our instincts to protect ourselves and provide for ourselves are even more honed. There are generations of Black Women in this county where not one of women has had a break. We get it from white men, white women, black men, our children, other cultures and then in today's society its subliminal through constant media messaging and images. We will be strong, independent, the best mothers, the most capable fathers, the successful career women, the accomplished academic, the temptress, bad chick with the most style, my hair, the perfect body, the trap queen, Bonnie to his Clyde, innocent child who isn't "Asking for it", freak in the sheets, first lady of the church, TWICE AS GOOD. We don't just get to be ourselves. We must stand alone in every role and excel in it. So on top of needing to protect ourselves because society won't let our men protect us, we then have to expend all of this masculine energy to be everything blamelessly and perfectly. We are tired, and if asked... angry. That doesn't leave us much room to be charming and enchanting.

This is SO true. :ohwell: In one of the African American courses I took back when I was in University, there was one author (forgot who now :wallbash:) who stated that black women are the "mules of the earth". That comment/passage has stuck with me to this day. It's like, we never can catch a break. :nono:

Imo, while working to be more feminine should be something ALL races and cultures of women should strive to be (especially if you're a woman living in the USA...:look:), in all honesty, we as BLACK women need to try even HARDER to make sure that we hone in and tap into our feminine radiance and femininity because we are so beat down by society in general. :nono: It's almost MORE imperative that we do so.

When a man comes home to his castle, a castle he built using every bit of wit he had in a very dangerous world for him, it is so important for his women to make it all have meaning. If it is in a man's soul to provide we are literally denying his soul satisfaction when we don't show our appreciation. I do not mean physically but by putting down our swords and trusting him.

YES!!! :yep: I think this is so true for ALL men in general (that's why they go to their caves lol), but definitely true for black men especially. They get so beat up by the world, society, negative images, low expectations, some have a lack of a good/stable father figure, etc., so when they come home, they want to come home to PEACE and serenity. They don't want to come home to a nagging, negative, emasculating, harsh, neck-rolling, finger-snapping, argumentative wife lol. :lol: MOST men don't want that. :nono: Now that I've been reading TQC, I now see just how important it is that I remain HAPPY in my day-to-day life...with or without a man.

I used to read ALL the time in books like Mars Venus, and other relationship books that Men love a Woman with a SMILE...or that men LOVE "happy" women. I never really understood the reasoning behind it, I just knew that men are usually attracted to fun, happy, positive, and light-hearted women because they seem like they are "easy" to please. :yep: But in TQC it's like I'm FINALLY "getting it" and it is hitting me WHY they like women who are easy to please. When a man can PLEASE a woman, especially by what he is providing, this recharges his batteries, gives him great fulfillment, and INSPIRES him to give and provide MORE....which in turn, makes him even MORE happy (especially when he sees that you are happy). It's like a continuous cycle. :yep: But when a woman is negative, unhappy with him most of the time, NOT impressed, etc. then this literally CRUSHES him. I'm convinced that this actually can cause depression in men over time. :nono:

I think the IR dating is probably for a ton of factors, Alison discusses imprinting and how that affects a man's type (hint black teachers for elementary school are important).
This is very interesting.....Does she talk more about this in one of her books? I'm curious to know more.

I guess my biggest question (and concern) is: Why does there seem to be so MUCH of an influx of bm speaking negatively (publically) about bw?? When, just a few decades ago back in the 90's when I was growing up, I RARELY (if ever) heard of such blantant disrespect towards bw...especially from our own bm. :nono: I know I was just a little kid back then lol, so I Probably wasn't "in tune" to social issues....but I just never saw such negative, collective bashing of bw from our own. I didn't feel as though IR dating was AS prevalent as it is today, along with the elevating of non-black "exotical" women. I'm not saying things were "picture perfect" back then (farrrr from it), but just that there seemed to be more UNITY w/in the black community in GENERAL. You didn't hear of black men publically bashing black women on TV, or "les nouveaux noirs" stating how "racism is dead" and how the rest of us blacks are "blowing things out of proportion". :rolleyes:

I mean, what has happened to the black community over the years?? What changed?? :confused:

Is it just that due to technology now days we see more of what people think?? Have bm been secretly thinking this way for years but just never had the "platform" to voice it until now?? :ohwell:

But I can easily believe that one of the factors could possibly be that women of other cultures may not have the burdens on them that black women do and are not quite as sensitive to instincts concerning protecting and providing and therefore are less quick to emasculate a man. In addition, men of other cultures may have an easier time being able to provide for their women and thus there is an example and pattern for both genders to follow.
^^THIS right here is hitting the nail on the head of something I've been suspecting for years, and I'm SO glad you broug this up. :yep: This can't be stressed enough. The dynamics and history of AA women in this country is vastly different from even the history of African women who still live in the African continent. So views of femininity vary across the board from women of Indian, African, Hispanic, Asian, etc. women.

Can you see how much I love men and especially black men. I have a whole new appreciation for the good men I am fortunate to know. But also keep reading because in both Queens code and key's to the kingdom she explains the age gap in dating and actually recommends it but for other reasons.

Yes, this book is definitely helping me to appreciate men in general SO much more. :yep: I also have more compassion and patience for men in general now, and especially for black men. I think this book should be required reading for bw. :look:

]@Crystalicequeen123 This movie clip here from a movie I thought I loved (Single Moms club) illustrates what you are trying to say perfectly. Male castration in action:[/B]

:lachen: OMG Terry Crews is a nut! :rofl: :lol:

Ahem....lol... anyway, yes, that is awful how that lady responded. :nono: In the past I used to erroneously assume that I had to be "difficult" to please or not so "easily impressed" by a man's actions, but this book is showing me that it's OKAY to be genuinely flattered, or impressed by a man's actions towards you. Let him impress you ladies!!!! :grin: :grin:

It's so funny, the more I come to appreciate men, the more "light-hearted" I feel, and the more FEMININE I feel as well. :yep: It's so interesting how you cannot truly be a feminine woman, while at the same time going around HATING (or putting down) men. It's amazing how that works. We truly are the yin and the yang. One can't operate w/out the other. I'm assuming the same is true for men. I appreciate myself and my unique feminine qualities the more I come to appreciate men and THEIR unique traits and qualities. Never realized that would be the case!

Last edited:
(Disclaimer: I have not read the Queens Code and I am speaking generally in reference to young/older women)

Girl. you've gotta pick up that book!! :grin:

Men do typically prefer young women. They are not jaded by life due to less experiences, they keep themselves in shape, they are more focused on their appearance, they are more relaxed in relationship expectations (letting things go), and have an innocent/childlike approach to life that men like, just to name a few. Older women are so concerned with making sure things are done/happen a certain way, and hold expectations of what the relationship should be that they forget to just be and enjoy the moment. What older women do have on younger women is that they know exactly what they want and eliminate men that don't meet those standards.

What can we do: BE FEMININE
This is SO true, and something I'm learning to try to get better at. I think I'm "happy" and smiley enough (I smile ALL the time lol :lol: ), but I think I need to work on just being in the moment. That's something I've always had a problem with. As I've already confessed at the outset of this thread, I'm the oldest, and while I wouldn't consider myself a "control freak", I think part of me DOES feel like everything has to go "smoothly" or "I'm in charge" and it's very burdensome. I can't just "let go" and let someone else take the lead sometimes. I'm working on this!! :lol: I'm not a control freak, and I don't boss people around, but I'll notice I'll feel "uneasy" if someone suggests something I wouldn't personally do, or take an action I wouldn't take.

I would NEVER want to be in a leadership role at work, but I just feel as though I can't just RELAX, let go, and "enjoy the moment" sometimes, because I was the oldest and had to take the lead in things MOST of the time. :ohwell:

I'll have to work on this "being in the moment" thing lol.

Once I stopped working things fell into place and my feminine disposition exploded. Should women do what I did? Yes, not to resign from your job, but to live a feminine life (on your terms) in all areas of your life not just at home. The type of work that I do now requires me to be feminine in order for me to be successful. It still in the same profession but in a different capacity. Now my professional and personal life are in one accord. If you are a scientist, doctor, lawyer, carpenter, mechanic, banker, house wife, SAHM, etc. you should be able to interject femininity into you work environment and it should be positively received.

@LovingLady Can you please elaborate on what type of work you do now that was different from your previous position work? I didn't quite understand what you meant that it was the same profession but different capacity. Are you stating something like the difference between for example, being an attorney working in a huge, high-powered law firm vs. being an attorney working in the corporate industry or a Government entity in their Gneeral Counsel division?

Ok, I have no clue how to quote and multi quote. But thank you @Crystalicequeen123. My thoughts may be in a random order to the replies above.

I think that the influx now of negative talk is like most things, an intersection of multiple factors. There is a platform now, it's socially acceptable within the majority community and our community. They may also be commenting on what they see and know. I'm not saying it's right or I agree with it. Because of my day job, I am making moves to not be a consumer of the entertainment sub-industry of paparazzi and celebrity gossip and only consuming the news I need to get my job done effectively. I don't know how to stop our men from bashing black women, or black people as a whole unless I see it in the moment. Those around me know better.

TQC and KTTK recommend transition rituals for women in the workforce. If changing your job isn't an option just do something that puts you back in your feminine essence. It could be as simple as singing your favorite song on the way home. For me, it's cooking dinner. I also feel feminine at work because I'm not competing with the men around me. They are older, more experienced, and in a technical capacity where as I come in as counsel. I get to be assertive in my role without directly competing with them. I also have learned to let them do things for me, like pick up lunch or carry boxes, open doors, introduce me to higher ups. Now, one new thing I'm thinking of is realigning my career goals. I make a decent living and I have time to pursue my passions and travel. Do I necessarily need to have the highest title or salary at my job? What will that cost me? Will I be able to be the woman I want to be to those I love?

So I agree with whoever said that this material does not blame women for men's behavior. Alison is in favor of May/December romances both ways, simply because when you aren't flustered by dating someone who is your "type" you are not looking for happily ever after in that person and you don't get all nervous and override good dating behavior. So an old man, may also think he can just pat her on top of the head and call her cute and give her gifts until she leaves him for a young man ... and then he gets some courage and proposes and she surprisingly said yes because she likes the attention and he makes her feel safe and protected. Or an older women may think, I will just support him through things and be happy to just spend whatever time he has for me and then we can go our separate ways and then he's all excited because he is in the Prince stage and that is exactly what he wants in a partner. So the parties are giving each other what they need long enough to get to the commitment. But at any time frog farming could begin. But I see this, in addition to whats already been said about older men and younger women. When you're fresh, you're fresh. But I would definitely freshen up if a man wanted to pay my student loans.

Now to completely change directions... @TracyNicole do we need to start a separate thread on homekeeping and meal planning for working women? I spent 4 hrs cleaning my house Saturday since I'm trying to save money (no housekeeper anymore :-( ) and I made a bomb sheet pan dinner last night. I was thinking about you and all the tips you've probably learned from your books. SHARE PLEASE! Also, I'm thinking of ways I want to revamp my morning and evening routine to get more done with less stress.

Wow you ladies were busy! I think the responses in here are on point. One thing I wanted to add in is that some of the increase in IR dating has to do with the increased mixing of populations...ex on a college campus. These other women are snapping our men up while we are busy studying, then we graduate and wonder where all the men have gone. Seriously. Some of them have the mentality of growing a good man whereas many of the black women I know were chasing degrees and careers expecting to find a man with equal qualifications later.

Unfortunately that's not the best way to do things and now that I am learning more about men I suspect it has more to do with the fact that white women seem more amenable to spotting potential and waiting for their prince to become a queen. They also seem to treat their men with respect, at least in public, whereas a black woman is more likely- in my personal experience- to cut a man off at the knees. I used to be like that. I would argue a man down even in front of his friends. Years ago one of my latina friends pulled me up about how disrespectful it was but sadly several years later the men in our circle still remember it and tread lightly around me. That is not a good thing! Strangely enough the black women in attendance quickly jumped to my defense but my friend was adamant about how out of line I was.

Another thing I have noticed is black women will give their all. Sounds good on paper but it's horrible in practice. It leads to a feeling of burnout when you always put yourself last and it makes it hard to be pleasant and giving. As mentioned before, men love women with a smile. If you are tired and run down all the time it's hard to make that happen. Also, men are highly visual creatures and if you are always doing for others it's easy to gain extra weight, have bad skin and unflattering hair, etc. Anyway long story short I think it's the perfect storm of the many factors mentioned here and it's up to us to do something about it.

@Kimbosheart I don't know if we need a spin off. Maybe. Do you think info is getting lost here? I can tell you this. I survived my first week back at work without too much craziness using tips from my reading and the forums here. It's 6pm, dinner has been eaten and the kitchen is cleaned. Once I finish my load of laundry for the day I am free to be with my family. It is weird to come home and not slave in the kitchen but everyone is happier!

Wow you ladies were busy! I think the responses in here are on point. One thing I wanted to add in is that some of the increase in IR dating has to do with the increased mixing of populations...ex on a college campus. These other women are snapping our men up while we are busy studying, then we graduate and wonder where all the men have gone. Seriously. Some of them have the mentality of growing a good man whereas many of the black women I know were chasing degrees and careers expecting to find a man with equal qualifications later.

:werd: Yup..... #guiltyascharged over here.... :ohwell: :ohwell:

Ohhhh if ONLY I could have done things differently. *sigh* :ohwell:

I WILL say this however, I think the man that I choose NOW in my 30's will be a heck of a lot BETTER than the man I would have chosen in my 20's while in college...or even right after graduating. I have grown SO much since my college years. It's not even funny. In fact, I think a woman changes her MOST during her late 20's and 30's.

So, while some of those women may have been snagging men up left and right while in college (my sister did lol...she was engaged her senior year in college to her hubby! :lachen:), I think that it's still wiser for women to wait at least until age 25 before settling down if they can. I just think that women change SO much more so than men during that time period.

Unfortunately that's not the best way to do things and now that I am learning more about men I suspect it has more to do with the fact that white women seem more amenable to spotting potential and waiting for their prince to become a queen. They also seem to treat their men with respect, at least in public, whereas a black woman is more likely- in my personal experience- to cut a man off at the knees.

Is this a Freudian slip?? lol :giggle: :giggle:

Anyway, I know what you mean. :yep: But a lot of times bw are taught to do that (wait for the man to become a king), but some are put down for "sticking to their man through the hard times AND the good". I don't know...it seems we're made to feel like we're "settling" if we stick with a guy who hasn't "gotten it together yet".

I do think you're right though about other races of women at least pretending to show respect to their men in public. :yep: I know ww and asian women in particular will definitely at least try to put up a front...especially if they are middle class. Idk what goes on behind closed doors in people's homes, but in public for the most part I do tend to notice that ww, asian women, hispanic women, and indian women, even african women are more likely (not always...but usually) to at least put up a pretense of showing respect towards their husbands. Very RARELY do I ever see/hear a woman yelling/screaming/nagging her husband in public verbally in a public place. When I DO see it, it's kind of uncomfortable. I feel bad for the man... :look:

And like @Kimbosheart mentioned, part of that could be because we as bw have always had SO much more burden on us than women of other races.

I may not typically be a neck-rolling gf lol, but I didn't realize (before reading this book) how just even subtle passive-aggressive things that I have been guilty of doing can be emasculating to men (ie. ignoring him, giving him the cold shoulder, not being "impressed with him", not wanting him to think "he's all that", bragging about my success/smarts/intelligence/skills, etc.,debating with him on topics, correcting him when he's wrong---even in front of others :look:, trying to "prove" that I can do things all by myself, not allowing him to help me with things "I can do by myself"...etc.) :nono: And then I wonder why I always would attract the more "weaker" beta men instead of the more masculine, confident men that I'm typically attracted to. It's ALL making sense now!! So you see, emasculating men isn't always just "going off" on a man in public....although I've been guilty of this once before myself....:look: But it encompasses SOOO many other (subtle) things that I never realized before. I'm SO glad I'm reading this book!! :yep:

I used to be like that. I would argue a man down even in front of his friends. Years ago one of my latina friends pulled me up about how disrespectful it was but sadly several years later the men in our circle still remember it and tread lightly around me. That is not a good thing! Strangely enough the black women in attendance quickly jumped to my defense but my friend was adamant about how out of line I was.

Yeaaahhhh Hispanic women don't play that lol!!! :lachen: I know they usually get the "fiesty" stereotype", but in all of my observations of my hispanic girl friends with their husbands, I don't usually see them putting their men down...at least, not around a bunch of people in public. :look: Like I said, I can't speak for what goes on behind closed doors, but typically I notice latina women are usually pretty submissive and don't seem to mind being so. Same with African women. :yep: In the past I used to be kind of put off from dating an African/Hispanic man simply because of their expectations about their women in the household (ie. submissive, aggreable, catering, etc), but now that I'm reading these books and becoming more comfortable with my femininity, I don't think I would mind dating them and being submissive AS much as I would have just a few months ago lol. :lol:

As mentioned before, men love women with a smile. If you are tired and run down all the time it's hard to make that happen. Also, men are highly visual creatures and if you are always doing for others it's easy to gain extra weight, have bad skin and unflattering hair, etc. Anyway long story short I think it's the perfect storm of the many factors mentioned here and it's up to us to do something about it.

Seriously. We could write a dissertation on this alone. :nono:

Last edited:
Omg the part about dating a guy who is NOT your type has a higher chance of working out was another aha moment for me! In fact that's probably why we're still seeing each other. :lachen: You see when I was on my Calling in the one journey back in December as some of you might remember, I invited him out to dinner (He asked me several times in the past but I never took him seriously). My friends were having a birthday dinner and I asked him to go as a joke. Thinking nothing of it because I thought he was a player plus he's 6 years younger than me AND he's friends with my younger brother! So not my type! I didn't even consider it a date to be honest but I still dressed to the nines :look:.. Because I wasn't expecting anything from the date or from him I was free to be completely myself and let my guard down. Well turns out that joke's on me because he's liked me for years and was just waiting for a chance to get at me. :eek: God works in mysterious ways. :lachen:So Claudia is 100% right in her description of it. I'm learning so much from this book that I had to put it down after 2 hours of reading it because I felt like my head was gonna explode!

Back