Feminine Belles - Info/discussion/support Thread

Is buying an expensive pair of shoes in the name of femine belles ok?
I want these shoes because they look so pretty and delicate (I have small ankles and wrists). Would look great with a white dress....another sign of femininity...check this out, white flow-y dress in the summertime, Luccia shoes, perfume, nails done, hair smelling clean and good and in some 'out' style....I'm turning myself on.
What say you? get the shoes? :D

http://www.zappos.com/jack-rogers-luccia

click on the gold ones though.

Last edited:
^^If you love them then I say why not but be aware that apparently most men despise wedges. There was a thread on this and there are a variety of articles about this on the net. I still kept the two pairs that I have but haven't bought anymore. So if you're not concerned about what the fellas think (what do they know anyway) and they are beautiful to you, go for it.

^^If you love them then I say why not but be aware that apparently most men despise wedges. There was a thread on this and there are a variety of articles about this on the net. I still kept the two pairs that I have but haven't bought anymore. So if you're not concerned about what the fellas think (what do they know anyway) and they are beautiful to you, go for it.

Really??? I think I heard something about this as well years ago but just thought it was some kind of internet hoax/joke. What was the reasoning behind them hating it did the articles say?

I've also heard that men apparently despise baby-doll dresses and shirts.........:look: I used to have some that I liked to wear (I love them because it hides my tummy lol :giggle:), but after hearing that men disliked them because it reminds them of pregnant women I decided to get rid of them... :look: :ohwell:

Cute shoes. I wouldn't worry too much about what men think. just don't clunk around in your shoes. As long as you are "feeling yourself" they will feel you.

Thank for that quote @Crystalicequeen123 I've seen it somewhere before. I can let myself get very anxious even about positive things. I know it sounds selfish but this summer is all about me. I'm not going to worry about what others are thinking, I'm just going to enjoy the great things life has for me and trust God that everything will fall into place.

"don't clunk around"? What dat mean, I'm from Haiti lol
Do you mean drag them around....like how some people don't pick up their feet when they wear flip flops?

^^^^They don't really point out specific reasons but just state that 71% of men polled viewed them as the least attractive. They even found uggs and crocs more attractive then wedges. Can't figure that one out.

Here is the long thread about men vs wedges:

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/so-im-learning-men-dont-like.556491/

Thanks for the thread link....

I did a search on Google and sure enough, all of these articles popped up! :lol:

But I didn't like the findings because read this:

Attention, ladies: if you care what your man has to say about what you wear on your feet, you should probably give your wedges the boot.
According to a new research from CouponCodes4u.com, American men find wedges to be the least attractive style of shoe, followed by Uggs, Crocs and platforms. flip flops, moccasins and Mary Janes also made the list, as did ballet shoes, kitten heels and sneakers. It's worth noting that cowboy boots just missed the top 10. (SOURCE)

So umm....what does that leave women to wear?? Basically PUMPS and that's it?? Really men?? REALLY??? I'm sorry, but I'm not spending my whole day wearing some corn-inducing pumps 24/7 all day everyday. :nono: I'm surprised kitten heels were also frowned upon.... :nono:

lol, by don't clunk around I just meant stay graceful.

I'm old school I love my heels 2.5-4.5 inches. I don't like platforms because at best they look girlish and at worst they look clownish. I don't care how expensive the shoe or who's wearing it. I like my toe shape to be current and on trend and the same for the heel. For right now that means a stiletto heel with a pointed toe. D'orsay pumps are also a thing right now and the lace-up/cagey looking sandals. I'm loving both.

Oddly enough, in the summer time, I love the super high platform wedge look. Maybe it's the outfits that they are paired with, they work well with rompers and beach looks. Who knows? I'm trying to get as decisive about flats and sandals. That would help focus my shopping.

I love my uggs and wear them all winter. I don't care and... I get a ton of compliments from men and women. Same with my cowboy boots.

I have heard that men hate gaucho pants. I remember in the early 2000's when those were a thing.

I stay in flats and wear heels only when I need to. Mostly if the outfit calls for it.
Luckily my SO is all about natural everything and nothing artificial. He don't understand why we do that to our feet and I wholeheartedly appreciate that LOL
Don't sleep he don't mind pumps ery'now and then ;)

Lol basically if your feet hurt then you're wearing the right shoes in their eyes. Naw son I'm not giving them that much control. I love my feet way too much.

OKAY??? :lachen: :lol:

No way.... :nono:

I'd like to see MEN walk around in high heels all day and see how THEY like it! Oh..not so easy eh?? Oddly enough, a MAN invented high-heeled shoes. :rolleyes:

I have heard that men hate gaucho pants. I remember in the early 2000's when those were a thing.
I don't blame them... even I hate gauchos....:look:

:lol:

I LOVE capris, but I can't stand gauchos. They make even a skinny woman look fat no offense. :nono:

They are super comfy, but just don't do anything for the shape.... :nono:

I have now figured out that men hate the types of clothing that DON'T accentuate the female form. So, no wonder they hate baby doll dresses (you can't see your shape), or gauchos (you can't see your shape), or wedges (too clunky).

It's all starting to make sense now... :yep:

I think men would prefer THIS

Over THIS

:lachen: :lachen:

that makes sense.

Ladies, we don't all have to be skinny but we owe it to ourselves to be shapely. For an hourglass figure no matter what I highly recommend callanetics and pilates and then weightlifting. It's like internal shapewear for you body which really makes the figure skimming clothes pop.

A great example of black feminity is Kelly Rowland in interviews. She's adorable and charming. I like seeing how men react to her personality.

My FH always preferred Kelly because of her cuteness and feminine energy. Beyonce back in DC seemed more forward and bossy.

I always wondered if Alicia Keys got a little coaching. I feel there was a concerted effort to become softer spoken and milder in her body language.

OKAY??? :lachen: :lol:

No way.... :nono:

I'd like to see MEN walk around in high heels all day and see how THEY like it! Oh..not so easy eh?? Oddly enough, a MAN invented high-heeled shoes. :rolleyes:

I don't blame them... even I hate gauchos....:look:

:lol:

I LOVE capris, but I can't stand gauchos. They make even a skinny woman look fat no offense. :nono:

They are super comfy, but just don't do anything for the shape.... :nono:

I have now figured out that men hate the types of clothing that DON'T accentuate the female form. So, no wonder they hate baby doll dresses (you can't see your shape), or gauchos (you can't see your shape), or wedges (too clunky).

It's all starting to make sense now... :yep:

I think men would prefer THIS

Over THIS

:lachen: :lachen:
can someone id the shoes halle is wearing? So cute. They look like they might be loubutin but if there's a cheaper version out there, let me know!!

My FH always preferred Kelly because of her cuteness and feminine energy. Beyonce back in DC seemed more forward and bossy.

I always wondered if Alicia Keys got a little coaching. I feel there was a concerted effort to become softer spoken and milder in her body language.

You know what, now that you mention it, I'm going to have to go back and compare their interviews. Beyonce definitely seems to have toned down some....a LOT actually lol. Maybe being married tones you down some? :giggle:

Anyway, I'll have to look at Kelly's interviews to compare. I just felt like I rarely ever heard Kelly in DC interviews back in the day. Beyonce held all the spotlight...:look:

Anyway, even though they're twins, I must say I MUCH prefer Tamera's softer, lady-like, playful, more feminine personality to Tia's. Not saying Tia isn't feminine, but just that she has more of a harshness to her than Tamera and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. They're TWINS for goodness sakes lol! :lol:

^ I think she said Tina pulled her up at one point and told her to change her attitude. :oops: I think that's a good thing though to work on things at an earlier age.

I always preferred Tia back in the day but I haven't watched their reality show yet.

^ I think she said Tina pulled her up at one point and told her to change her attitude. :oops: I think that's a good thing though to work on things at an earlier age.

I always preferred Tia back in the day but I haven't watched their reality show yet.

Yea you're right, it was their REALITY TV show that really made me prefer Tamera over Tia. I think Tamera was always so goofy on "Sister Sister" so I always preferred Tia too on their sitcom show. But when I saw the twins and their REAL personalities, I actually preferred Tamera more and found her to be more endearing than Tia. :yep:

Also I agree that it's good to work on the attitude at a young age. I think sometimes we as women feel like we HAVE to have an attitude in order to get what we need/want, or in order to get respect. :nono: It wasn't until I got older that I truly saw just how off-putting having a nasty/bad attitude is on a woman. :hand:

Just poked my head in to agree on the form fitting clothes and pumps. Wedges don't elongate the legs in a sensual way. They look too utilitarian for increasing that type of appeal. I don't think that means a woman can't wear wedges, but if your goal is to enthrall men, you have to dress in addition to smelling and acting the part:)

that makes sense.

Ladies, we don't all have to be skinny but we owe it to ourselves to be shapely. For an hourglass figure no matter what I highly recommend callanetics and pilates and then weightlifting. It's like internal shapewear for you body which really makes the figure skimming clothes pop.

thanks girl!

that makes sense.

thanks girl!

Yes on Melina's blog. I would say both in a good and a bad way. There was definitely a hard sell for being a housewife which is just not realistic for everyone. It kind of sucked that she seemed to belittle working women. On the other hand, my mind was also blown in a good way because much of what she said about the woman's role in providing a home for the family resonated with me on many levels. And there seems to be a weird synergy for me as I move through this process as I am just a third of the way into reading The Ultimate Career which details the importance of being a homemaker for working and nonworking women alike.

Back