Do other races of men approach you?

I agree with above about the looks and attraction. I attract non-black males more than black.

Long time ago,I shown a WM friend of mine a pic of Aaliyah and Brandy. He thought Aaliyah was hot but he thought Brandy was pretty and prefer to date her over Aaliyah.

What I am surprise about this thread because no one has mention this yet so I'll go ahead. From my understanding from talking to some non-black males, they are not keen on being with BW that are more likely to have relations with BM. They only want a BW that sleeps with their kind.

I agree with above about the looks and attraction. I attract non-black males more than black.

Long time ago,I shown a WM friend of mine a pic of Aaliyah and Brandy. He thought Aaliyah was hot but he thought Brandy was pretty and prefer to date her over Aaliyah.

What I am surprise about this thread because no one has mention this yet so I'll go ahead. From my understanding from talking to some non-black males, they are not keen on being with BW that are more likely to have relations with BM. They only want a BW that sleeps with their kind.

I can believe this which is why you don't hear them oooing and aaahing over light-skin and long haired women. At least that is what I see. :look:

I can believe this which is why you don't hear them oooing and aaahing over light-skin and long haired women. At least that is what I see. :look:

Many of the women in this thread that say white men approach them all the time are light skin with long hair.

tatiana. This is a good point. And funny you say this, but in the past, I have had some wm ask me do I like black guys :look:. I always thought this questions was dumb. I guess they were trying to hint have I ever slept with them...idk..perhaps I'm reading too much into it. At the same time maybe he thought Brandy was prettier than Aaliyah. From what I read and heard wm if they date a bw they want one that "looks" black :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I get it too.

Yes, other races of men approach me (more so than black men). I agree with what some of the ladies said about a certain je ne sais quoi type of vibe, but I have to say that it really doesn't make a difference what I'm wearing. If I do 'urban wear', it's gonna be stilettos and tight jeans (and, yes, hoop earrings :look:), not Uptowns and stretch pants, yet they still approach me all the same. I'm usually approached by black guys or white guys, rarely the other ethnicities, but more often I'm noticing Arab guys trynna holla. What makes it extra funny is, they always want to convert me to Islam, first thing. It's funny/random to me because, honestly, who else tries to get in your draw's kicking knowledge about their God? That must be some special 'g' I don't know about, smh.

I think a lot of it is location. Also, I think I'm usually the most approachable looking black person at a black venue, so that explains those instances. I usually don't make any special effort to be flirty (cuz I'm taken), but I'm a generally friendly person and that helps. I don't look like I'll cuss somebody out.

@Thiends, :yep: You know, your post just made me wonder: do white men feel like a fetish for *certain* black women, and are they aware enough to pick up that vibe? I give a general 'Ain't nobody checking for you' vibe, I mean, I'm friendly, but it's not exclusive to white men. But we all know at least one BW who trips all over herself around white men... I wonder if they notice. I hope not. :look:

Re: your first bold--yeah, I wear big hoops too (not all the time, but I like em!). I remember my exboyfriend's girlfriend (yeah, messy. We all went to school together :rolleyes:) talking about how hoops were ghetto, but uh.....not on me, boo! lol

Second bolded: I have realized that one of my oldest friends is very tomming and cooning when it comes to white men. It turns me off of her (we're growing apart in other ways but this right here makes me give bold, obvious sideeye). She was telling me a little while ago how she works with this "regular" white guy and found out he had a black babymama and searched her on facebook and saw that she was "regular black" and now she feels differently about him. She literally said, "I almost want to thank him for being one of those white men that dates black women." :look: :look: :look: Really, girl? Please stop. And she's dated white men before and doesn't have a problem getting approached by anyone, so I really don't get it.

Regarding the fetish idea: um............I have straight up asked a guy about that before. (I know, that's bad. I'm ratchet:yep:) In my defense, I didn't word it in a way that implicated race.

ETA: About the idea that they don't like Black women who date Black men....IDK. That hasn't been my experience. There is one guy in particular--professional type; attorney--who has seen me on a date with a Black guy, came up and made light conversation, and also knew about a boyfriend I had. And he would always ask me out or try to keep tabs on whether I was still with the Black boyfriend. He'd always say, "...how's that guy? :look:" And then also, I've been downtown with my Black guy friends and white guys will approach when I get alone or with a girl friend. (And not necessarily wiggers, either. lol.)

One thing I don't like, though, is that white people (men) definitely see all these articles about the state of Black people and will use it in their approach if they get comfortable enough. I don't like that :nono: (Now, obviously, the guys that will try to play on something like that probably aren't desirable anyway, but it has made me aware of the fact that they are aware of the "Black men in jail/Black women single" propaganda.)

Last edited:
*sighs at thread* :perplexed

Coincidence that the ones of these days tend to go after natural haired black women? Perhaps they figured (from rap videos or whatever) that black men werent really about "them kind" so it'll be safer for them to take a chance?

ETA: In a thread just like this, someone mentioned that they tend to go after naturals or something. just wondering if that has been the case for some in this thread

personally couldnt gad as I dont think there's anything special about white men or non-black in the first place

Last edited:
I have been approached by men of different races. I think if you are a woman around men often enough eventually one of them regardless of race will approach you. This Greek guy that used to come in the bank I worked at was very crude. One day when he came in he looked around and said to me, "I like coming here because there are all kinds of beautiful women. There is one of each kind in here. Blondes, redheads, brunnettes, Spanish, Asian and you". He had the biggest stupidest grin on his face, too. I say that to say this, men who enjoy women are checking you out even if they don't say anything.

Um, I'm neither of those things...:look:

Um, I didn't say all the women in this thread who get approached by non-bm are light skin with long hair. :look:

Just pointing out that I noticed from the avis I see, that black women are still able to attract non-black men even if they don't have the dark skin twa look that many say non-black men only go for.

Um, I didn't say all the women in this thread who get approached by non-bm are light skin with long hair. :look:

Just pointing out that I noticed from the avis I see, that black women are still able to attract non-black men even if they don't have the dark skin twa look that many say non-black men only go for.

I see. I don't have dark skin or natural hair either. I'm somewhere in the middle, I guess and get mad love from the Caucasians. I think like anyone else, they like attractive women who carry themselves well.:yep: IMO, there's not really a type as all men have different preferences.

Once I got older I'd have some BM approach me, (I'm not talking that Yo baby crap on the street) but if a man is going to come up to me and hit on me, he's going to be white. I'm shocked when he's anything else.

Re: your first bold--yeah, I wear big hoops too (not all the time, but I like em!). I remember my exboyfriend's girlfriend (yeah, messy. We all went to school together :rolleyes:) talking about how hoops were ghetto, but uh.....not on me, boo! lol

Second bolded: I have realized that one of my oldest friends is very tomming and cooning when it comes to white men. It turns me off of her (we're growing apart in other ways but this right here makes me give bold, obvious sideeye). She was telling me a little while ago how she works with this "regular" white guy and found out he had a black babymama and searched her on facebook and saw that she was "regular black" and now she feels differently about him. She literally said, "I almost want to thank him for being one of those white men that dates black women." :look: :look: :look: Really, girl? Please stop. And she's dated white men before and doesn't have a problem getting approached by anyone, so I really don't get it.

Regarding the fetish idea: um............I have straight up asked a guy about that before. (I know, that's bad. I'm ratchet:yep:) In my defense, I didn't word it in a way that implicated race.

ETA: About the idea that they don't like Black women who date Black men....IDK. That hasn't been my experience. There is one guy in particular--professional type; attorney--who has seen me on a date with a Black guy, came up and made light conversation, and also knew about a boyfriend I had. And he would always ask me out or try to keep tabs on whether I was still with the Black boyfriend. He'd always say, "...how's that guy? :look:" And then also, I've been downtown with my Black guy friends and white guys will approach when I get alone or with a girl friend. (And not necessarily wiggers, either. lol.)

One thing I don't like, though, is that white people (men) definitely see all these articles about the state of Black people and will use it in their approach if they get comfortable enough. I don't like that :nono: (Now, obviously, the guys that will try to play on something like that probably aren't desirable anyway, but it has made me aware of the fact that they are aware of the "Black men in jail/Black women single" propaganda.)

I never knew hoop earrings were considered ghetto. :perplexed

white and Mexican guys approach me frequently and are quite forward with it. East Asians don't pay me any mind and Indians just stare. i'm neither friendly nor approachable. i have a perpetual "da ^%$& you lookin' at?" face. i never dress up or wear make up and my hair typically looks like a bird's nest. i could also lose a few or 20 pounds.

:ohwell:

i couldn't get a black guy (that has all his teef) to spit on me if i was on fire. :nono:

Yes, other races of men approach me (more so than black men). I agree with what some of the ladies said about a certain je ne sais quoi type of vibe, but I have to say that it really doesn't make a difference what I'm wearing. If I do 'urban wear', it's gonna be stilettos and tight jeans (and, yes, hoop earrings :look:), not Uptowns and stretch pants, yet they still approach me all the same.
@Honey Bee, @Readyone, @lushcoils, and @Goldenprincess: You know, Honey bee, you're right about this. About ten years ago, I rocked (what I have since recognized to be) a rather, um, "urban" look complete with big, multicolored braids done with extensions. Don't even ask what I was thinking. :laugh: "Others" still approached. I do still feel, however, that a less urban look is more approachable to "others". Body language and overall comfort with "others" can make an "urban" look less alienating (sigh), however.
@Thiends, :yep: You know, your post just made me wonder: do white men feel like a fetish for *certain* black women, and are they aware enough to pick up that vibe? I give a general 'Ain't nobody checking for you' vibe, I mean, I'm friendly, but it's not exclusive to white men. But we all know at least one BW who trips all over herself around white men... I wonder if they notice. I hope not. :look:
The black women most susceptible to acting like groupies around white men are often the types who stuck with black men because they felt non-black men weren't checking for them. I've been around to see some of these women get holla'ed at by good looking white men for the first time and the scene is always seriously embarassing to the race. :perplexed I give off an "ain't nobody checking for you" vibe too and that's honest. A lot of these white men are just as supertrifling as the triflingest brotha, except whites can be way more covert with their ish, which is how sistas get fooled.

white and Mexican guys approach me frequently and are quite forward with it. East Asians don't pay me any mind and Indians just stare. i'm neither friendly nor approachable. i have a perpetual "da ^%$& you lookin' at?" face. i never dress up or wear make up and my hair typically looks like a bird's nest. i could also lose a few or 20 pounds.

:ohwell:

i couldn't get a black guy (that has all his teef) to spit on me if i was on fire. :nono:

I'm sorry but :lachen::lachen:at this entire post! That was funny!

I never knew hoop earrings were considered ghetto. :perplexed

They aren't necessarily. I had never heard anyone say that either, but I can see what people mean. NaijaTroll is right, it's about how it's worn. I mean, I don't like to call people "ghetto" (now, "hood," maybe :look:) and that's the word somebody else used. But I think she meant flashy/cheap. And they're not always. I was a diamond studs girl until I turned about 22 and now big earrings and hoops are my favorite:drunk:

huge hoop earrings, slick back hair/tight arse pony tail can be quite ghetto IMO
:yep: NaijaTroll: A lot depends on the particular woman in question too. Ashanti has her hair slicked back in a tight ponytail and is wearing hoops with a fizoogly dress, yet something about her is too adorable/cutesy/dollish to look, er, "urban":

ashanti-hairstyle1.jpg

This Lala chick right here though has flowing hair and still looks, um, "urban", "hood", "of lower SES" and whatever other synonyms one can find:

LalaVasquez_med.jpg

Ashanti IS hood point blank so its like whatever LOL

^and Yes Im judging her by her association with Nelly and Ja rule

Last edited:
Ashanti IS hood point blank so its like whatever LOL

^and Yes Im judging her by her association with Nelly and Ja rule
Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if she is "urban" (:giggle:) in actuality. I just don't think most people would say she looks "urban" in that picture, despite the hoops and tight ponytail. Lala, on the other hand, could be Obama's daughter and I would still hear the "Pigeon" song by Sporty Thieves playing whenever I saw her.

Back