Is It Easier For The Chocolate Sisters To Get Men Of Other Races!!!!!

How Easy Is It For You To Date Outside Your Race?

• I consider myself dark complected and men of other races hit on me all the time.

Votes: 164 33.9%
  • I consider myself light complected and men of other races hit on me all the time.

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • I consider myself dark complected and men of other races hit on me once in a while.

Votes: 97 20.0%
  • I consider myself light complected and men of other races hit on me once in a while.

Votes: 66 13.6%
  • The only way I would be able to get a man of another race is to clubbed him over the head

Votes: 37 7.6%
  • I don't want to date a man that is not Black.

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters
I didn't answer the poll because the only options for describing yourself were are you dark skinned or are you light skinned. I'm in the middle--medium brown skinned. but maybe i'll go back and answer say i'm dark--since that's a closer description than light skinned. hehe. ok. i'm rambling...

anyway, which men approach me pretty much depends on where i am. If I'm around black men, i get approached by black men. when i'm around latinos i get approached by latino men. when i'm around whites i get approached by white men. ect. ect.

funny thing is, my whole life, i've always dated foreign guys--regardless of race. I've just always had a thing for guys from other countries. LOL. I really have no logical explaination why.;)

my current SO is half polish/half chinese--and he was born right here in the usa. I pretty sure that my particular shade of black doesn't make a difference in how attractive he finds me.

interesting thread.

I am considered to be lighter skinned and Arabs guys (for some reason) are always hitting on me.

White men... not so much anymore (since I got a little fat) but the Chaldeans.... WTF?

I am constantly having to show them my ring and say "Im married.... NO!"

I have no idea what is up with that!

I get them all but white men love me do to my breast size. I am small from breast down, small waist and thin legs. I do have nice butt not big but curvaious.

White men are the only ones who give me compliments. I remember being at church and my dad introduced me to a man and his wife. After service was done, he ran up to me and told me I was beautiful and gave me a huge hug. I do receive compliments from other races but not as much as white guys.

I consider myself dark skin and here lately all types of geeky white guys are asking me out on dates..not interested. But I do think white guys are attracted to dark skin black women ( don't know about other races) ...especially if you have dreads or a twa..they are all over you. That is all I see coupled up in barnes & nobles drinking lattes.

I wish I was around when this thread first started, I have a lot to read, it's so interesting.

My sister and I are all light skinned I can pull black men all day but my sisiter has natural hair. She has only gone out with a few black men put got white boys eyeing her like a piece of candy. They love her hair. One of the guys was always touching it and saying how soft it was, like cotton.

Black men are so f*cked up, *sigh* :nono:

Hey, i'm just joining too!

As you can see i'm light skinned and a white guy has never approached me.....lots of stares and mouths open, ready to say something but i've never been chatted up by one.

I don't know why..........

............and i don't really care.

I'm a married girl so those days of caring about men eye balling me are over but I still find it interseting that white men seem more attracted o dc black women. I'm all about these types of things, I find this social behavior stuff so compelling.

Hey, i'm just joining too!

As you can see i'm light skinned and a white guy has never approached me.....lots of stares and mouths open, ready to say something but i've never been chatted up by one.

I don't know why..........

............and i don't really care.

I like your approach.

But I've been approached by whites guys a few time but not a lot. The most interesting time was when a guy kept begging for my phone number in the airport. He was really hawking me down.

i thought it was just me or something....

in saginaw,

dont get me wrong i get hit on by black men, but never professional black men, only thugs, entrepeneurs :lachen:or men in relationships who lie and say they arent :nono:...

they say i speak white, im originally from toronto, and they say im uppity or siddity...yes i am siddity, not in a snobbish way at all im just a white girl trapped in a brown body....:lachen:...no but seriously, im very conservative and i carry myself like a lady, im into things some men/women arent so i guess that classifies me as white huh?:blush:...

white guys on the other hand, especially back at home....flock me like i got the last bit of my money left for survival...:lachen:.....like i said in a previous thread, i have my thoughts of white men that i really need to get over......

its funny that im so passionate about my own men, and they arent about me at times....my nose is too wide, my skin is to dark...they never say it to my face, well actually one black guy told me i had a wide nose before, it was more like "damn u got a big nose".....:nono:....the only things that gets them is when i say im from west indian heritage, then they get excited:yep:....and i never had a father growing up, so sometimes i question myself like WHY do u want to marry a black man, u never had one in ur damn life??????:wallbash:

i think and am gonna to try SUPER hard to be open minded to men period because, this "stay true to u" movement aint working..

*** i dont want to come off anti-black men, because i have a brother and he is such a sweetheart and no black men who are awesome, these are just my opinions on SOME not ALL black men***

White men have been jocking me HARD lately and no play from the brothers!:spinning: I mean black guys are not even making eye contact and the white guys are racing to get the number. :grin: It's all good.

I consider myself darkskined although, I not really dark, I'm like gabby Union color. I get hit on my black men alot,and spanish guys, white men stare but they rarely build up the nerve to talk to me, although a few do talk to me. I'm married so I don't usually carry a come talk to me look on my face. Recently, I was looking into the window of this boutiqe this white guy offered to buy me this $1000 hand bag at one. I was very offened by this offer and just looked at hime like he way crazy and politely declined.I never really notice black men not liking me, although, I have heard them say things like your so pretty for a chocolate girl. What ever the hell that means. alot of Chocolate girl are pretty and sexy to death. I from the DC area being chocolate has never stopped the attention FYI my husband is a darkskinned black man, he's darker than me.

Okay...I have always been approached
by 'White Men', I barely and very rarely
get attention from 'Black Men', the good
ones are usually taken or interested white women.

Anyhoo, I think I am more caramel (right in between).

My current bf is white:
http://public.fotki.com/Nicole1976/personal-life/michael-and-nicole/

Even though this has been the case with me,
I still agree with the original poster about Florida.
Even though we are diverse in so
many areas this is still the SOUTH...and you can tell.

So late in the thread but

I would consider myself brown maybe dark, no where near light but i only get hit on by black guys. I may have got hit on by 2 white men in my whole life. Ussually I get hit on by light skin or dark skin black guys never really brown skin or medium tone. Maybe its because my body is slim but i got the "black girl butt" so white guys never seem into that.

One of my friends is very dark with huge breast and no butt white guys seem to love her.

Funny thing is i always get hit on by kinda nerdy, black guys from the suburbs who tell me that even though people think they want a white girl they actually want a black girl. Never get hit on by the thugish type.

I usually have attracted hispanic and other races of guys, especially if they're half black, before I attract a black guy.

Now it's pretty even, but either way I don't mind.

The 90s had teens my age mixing it up, especially if you were my tone. You were NOT getting love from another brother, especially if he's your color!

idk what color i would classify myself as but i honestly never have anyone come up to me lol. so congrats to all the rest of you!

I have to agree.
I think that most white men who want a black partner want someone who is dark skinned, I can't explain why? For white women it doesn't seem to matter as much. Many men love African women especially - I see it all the time in personal ads over here :)

I am sooooo late to this conversation but. I agree. I have noticed this with my dark complected friends. Men of other races find them very attractive....moreso than a light sister. Did we come to a realization of why this is? Can someone tell me what page the answer is on so I don't have to read this HUGE thread? :grin:

I have dated all kinds of races. I usually find it more so among hispanics, biracial, and black men once I got stateside again.

So late in the thread but

I would consider myself brown maybe dark, no where near light but i only get hit on by black guys. I may have got hit on by 2 white men in my whole life. Ussually I get hit on by light skin or dark skin black guys never really brown skin or medium tone. Maybe its because my body is slim but i got the "black girl butt" so white guys never seem into that.

One of my friends is very dark with huge breast and no butt white guys seem to love her.

Funny thing is i always get hit on by kinda nerdy, black guys from the suburbs who tell me that even though people think they want a white girl they actually want a black girl. Never get hit on by the thugish type.

the opposite happens to me. i am that slightly nerdy/indie/academic girl yet i always get hit on by the thugs. whhhy?? my fellow nerds do not want to know.

i've been hit on by white english guys. some have been genuinely interested in getting to know me, others have been those sleazy types at the club. i can only once remember being stared at by a hot italian but he didn't approach me :rolleyes:

no men of other races have hit on me but i'd be willing to bank it's partially due to the culture here of asians primarily sticking to their own people. it's extremely, extremely rare to see an asian (chinese, indian, pakistani, japanese etc) as apart of an interracial couple. tbh, i cant only re-call seeing any in recent times but i do remember a chinese woman/white man couple and they had an adorable child. that's the only one i can re-call and i saw them years ago.

Last edited:
I am sooooo late to this conversation but. I agree. I have noticed this with my dark complected friends. Men of other races find them very attractive....moreso than a light sister. Did we come to a realization of why this is? Can someone tell me what page the answer is on so I don't have to read this HUGE thread? :grin:

:yep: What she said!

Where I live pretty much everyone is white anyway, so yeah, all my friends and SOs are white. Never really been a big deal. I'd say I was medium, not really chocolate.

Last edited:
I don't know where I fall on the color spectrum since I get all kinds of comments on my complexion..I know I am not light so I checked I consider myself dark......but I have been approached by Indian men, Asian men(Asians, they usually just tell me I am beautiful, I think being 5'11 deters them from anything further), white men (all the time), and a man who spoke no english, only french(white) (I was NY), latin men, middle eastern men. I dated an Egytpian guy before, so he said, but to look at him, you would have thought he was from Iran.

The brothas (when their balls are big enough) will approach me, but for the most part they just stare with their mouths hung open--like I just crushed every negative thought they have about black women and as another poster stated the brothas who fall into the straight thug type, who dont really work, every other month they have new cell phone #, they have no problems approaching me....boooo!

I am about the same complexion as CoCo Rica, and I have had quite a few men of other races attracted to me. Not an overwhelming amount but So far many hispanic men do seem to be very attracted to me (One asking me to marry him:look: ) Even an asian guy seemed interested in me once.Then a memorable time was when I was in Barnes and Noble, this european guy (not sure where he was from, perhaps french?) came over to me and was asking me all about this book i had, and I just pretty much shrugged him off, until he started following me, and kept asking me my name, then told me i was gorgeous...Strange but ..flattering.

I would consider myself in between, and though I get "holla'd at" by a thugged out black guy here and there, I don't get any love from the decent ones. White guys really don't pay me any mind. But latinos, I've noticed they are always looking my way. But the latinos down here seem to look at everyone, so I dunno.

I don't think I have ever been approached by a White guy.

Black, Indian, Asian, Arab, yep... but not White. I don't care! :lol:

I'm dark skinned and white guys seem to be interested decently often, but usually white or black. Not really Hispanic or Asian. I find that a lot of white guys have jungle fever lately! Not just jungle fever... more like black plague!

I'm dark skinned and white guys seem to be interested decently often, but usually white or black. Not really Hispanic or Asian. I find that a lot of white guys have jungle fever lately! Not just jungle fever... more like black plague![/QUOTE]

That was funny! :grin:

I'm dark-skinned, and I get play from white guys. And black guys. Only black guys would compliment on my skin tone though, white guys would just say I have nice skin... I can't tell you why white guys are attracted to me. I like to think that its because I'm smart, sweet, funny, and cute... and I'm sure there are light-skinned chicks who meet those criteria. :look:

I'm light complexioned and I'm lucky to get hit on by anyone. I am attracted to white men, which sucks for me since I always see them going after women much darker than me. My girlfriend tells me that's just how it is; one day I was out with her and we saw 4 interracial couples--all white guys with dark-skinned black women. I don't see white guys with women who are lighter like me.

Interestingly, a white man won't hesitate to come over to tell me I'm beautiful, gorgeous, etc. But they'll turn around and pick an average-looking white girl over me. I get a lot of staring from all races, but black men also seldom approach. I might simply not seem approachable. I also look young. It's pretty isolating. It's also frustrating as hell to hear how pretty you are and to be asked why you don't have a man all the time when the truth is that despite all the education and smarts and looks and character and whatever else, you still can't give it away...

Back