• Hate them, wouldn't touch w/a 10 foot pole

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • I dunno... I'd try it

Votes: 200 30.9%
  • I dunno and no thanks I'll pass

Votes: 118 18.2%

• Total voters
SilkyandSmooth said:
Men of color are my preference. I find very few white men attractive.

Ditto.

They're working my nerves and making me wanna ship em all off to a remote island somewhere, but they'll always be my preference, LOL.

I don't really have a preference. I find them all attractive. When I was younger my mother told me that she would not be surprised if I ended up with a white man because some black men have so many issues. My father definitely would not have liked the fact of me being a white man. A while back I was dealing with the issue of black men not wanting to deal with me because (if I may toot my own horn! :D ) I am well spoken, ambitious and not too easily fooled! When I asked some of my male black friends what was up with black men who seemed to shy away from me and he said because you are not a chicken head! From the way you dress to the way you speak shows that you are confident and some brothers can't deal with that. I am not sure how if that is all true but in any case if a man shows me respect and treats me like a lady, I don't care what color he is.

It's funny b/c although I have had friends of all races and consider myself open to anything...FOR ME, there is nothing lke a brotha.

For the single sistas, don't get up on 'em!!!! I got tired of them, got mad at them and angry but I just kept trying until I found the RIGHT BLACK man:lol:

I like white men. I prefer black men, but I've always known that somehow I'd end up with a white man. My family knows it, too. My mother tells me that black men are not going to be able to accept my intelligence. My dad tells me that I need to open up my heart to "other possibilities" because the brothers will have a problem with me, my education, my salary.

Fast forward to today. In a few years I'll be 40 with a great career and no man. I'm not saying that the brothers are not attracted to me. They are, but it's hard out there for a sister living in the D.C. area (that's for another topic altogether).

Wouldn't say I love em I've seen black, white, asian critters and then fine ones within those races too. I'd definitely say yes to a night with Donnie Wahlberg though. Even though i've never dated a white guy, I wouldn't pass one up. Hell I don't even remember the last time I got approached by a man. It's been well over a year that's for sure, hell maybe even 2.

LondonDiva said:
Wouldn't say I love em I've seen black, white, asian critters and then fine ones within those races too. I'd definitely say yes to a night with Donnie Wahlberg though. Even though i've never dated a white guy, I wouldn't pass one up. Hell I don't even remember the last time I got approached by a man. It's been well over a year that's for sure, hell maybe even 2.

What the hell is wrong with them dudes across the pond? You are so pretty!

MzLady78 said:
What the hell is wrong with them dudes across the pond? You are so pretty!

Seriously.You are gorgeous LD.
Is that how it is in the UK?
My gf's are telling me it's getting bad in Germany too tough.:(

LondonDiva said:
I'm not white enough!!! :ohwell:

You live in London, so that doesn't surprise me. It seems that black guys there are even more color struck than black American men. When I lived in England, I was not approached by ONE black man. And I'm a cute woman, dammit! :lol: Seriously, it was the other way around. I couldn't beat the white Brits off of me with a stick! :confused:

I can love any race of man: black, white, asian, latino - doesn't matter. I think there are attractive men of ALL races! I was married to a black man, I've dated an asian man and I'm engaged to a white man. Latino is really the only race I haven't "tried" but then again...I wasn't "trying" the others...I just went with what I liked.

Serenity_Peace said:
You live in London, so that doesn't surprise me. It seems that black guys there are even more color struck than black American men. When I lived in England, I was not approached by ONE black man. And I'm a cute woman, dammit! :lol: Seriously, it was the other way around. I couldn't beat the white Brits off of me with a stick! :confused:

Naw, it ain't like that in the Cincy/Dayton/NKY region. White men don't pay my black butt no mind.

I ain't mad. They just happen to love their women and want no other than their own, I can't be dissapointed in that.

Last edited:
I know I'm always venting about london, LOL, and I promise as soon as I'm finished I'll leave, and you won't have to hear me say another bad thing about it.

But, IMO, London SUCKS if you're looking for a black guy. IT SUCKS.

seraphinelle said:
I know I'm always venting about london, LOL, and I promise as soon as I'm finished I'll leave, and you won't have to hear me say another bad thing about it.

But, IMO, London SUCKS if you're looking for a *black guy. IT SUCKS.

Yep.
I have nothing further to add - your observation is spot on!

* unless you're a YT girl

Cocothekitten said:
Yep.
I have nothing further to add - your observation is spot on!

* unless you're a YT girl

See, Locks! I was right!:lachen:

Now, don't come to the D.C. area. Yes, this is Chocolate City. Yes, there are plenty of educated, gorgeous, single, nice black men here...

...and yes, they're ALL gay!!! Sad, but true! :confused:

seraphinelle said:

But, IMO, London SUCKS if you're looking for a black guy. IT SUCKS.

Have to cosign with my saaf london bredrin:ohwell:

lurker-eating-popcorn.gif
fight.gif
throwbrick.gif
beat.gif

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

calliope said:
Girl, I just wanted a man! Now, the one that God gave me happens to be white and he treats be better than I ever could have dreamed of being treated, but I will say this- the only time that I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole is when he "attempts" to dance:ohwell: . I will literally walk off the dance floor and pretend I don't know him. Well, you can't have it all.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I can't breathe! Whoo, I needed a good laugh. You're too funny.

Me, I prefer to marry a black man but I'll regulate any shade of that ass. Thank you very much.

I can't say I "love white men" but I'm open. Right now, I just read interracial romance stories. :look: Anyway, when I was younger I felt that I only wanted to experience brownskin...no that I needed to experience brownskin. It's hard to explain but I felt that why should I want to experience anything else when that's who I am--I needed that connection. Now, fast forward...um I got over that real quickly and maybe my experiences had something to do with it or maybe the seeds were planted when I read my first interracial themed romance novel/book at age 18, lol. I've never dated outside of my race/culture but I've ALWAYS been drawn to Latin culture and I've seen a few Latin/Latino men that I found quite attractive...granted they were in the performing arts (television, movies, lol) but yeah I would like to take on a Latin lover. Unfortunately, the ones I like are not around these parts (where I reside) and you just don't see much interracial dating period...when you did it was black men/white women but they are no longer prevalent either (who can blame them when there were incidents that rivaled those of the Civil Rights Era as late as 2001 :ohwell:). Now, I don't think dating a Latin(o) man is necessarily dating outside of my race but some would beg to differ.:rolleyes: Kind off the topic but thanks to that one poster I am having Blue Man fantasies again. :look: :lol:

For those with white men or date white men, how did they approach you? Were they with their friends, family or alone? Do most of their friends/family oppose IR dating? How did you meet your white man or how do you plan to snag one if that's what you want?

The first White dude I ever
dated, I went to school with.
He asked to be my partner
in a school project... yeah...
that's what he did and when
he found out I wasn't trying to
hook up with him... he acted
an ass and I we ended up
finishing the assignment separately...
He told all his friends I was
a "cock tease"... I was like...
ok... keep it movin'
Since I've been in Miami (2 years)
I date WHITE MEN exclusively...
if they have any Black men here...
they're GAY.

Hmmm... looks like most people agree with me.
WHITE MEN ARE YUMMY!!!

SouthernTease said:
The first White dude I ever
dated, I went to school with.
He asked to be my partner
in a school project... yeah...
that's what he did and when
he found out I wasn't trying to
hook up with him... he acted
an ass and I we ended up
finishing the assignment separately...
He told all his friends I was
a "cock tease"... I was like...
ok... keep it movin'
Since I've been in Miami (2 years)
I date WHITE MEN exclusively...
if they have any Black men here...
they're GAY.

Hmmm... looks like most people agree with me.
WHITE MEN ARE YUMMY!!!

Have you always dated white men or did black men turn you off in the dating process?

Back