• Hate them, wouldn't touch w/a 10 foot pole

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • I dunno... I'd try it

Votes: 200 30.9%
  • I dunno and no thanks I'll pass

Votes: 118 18.2%

• Total voters
I'm married to one. :look: :lachen:

I didn't specifically go out of my way to date him or anything. He just had everything I was looking for in a companion. I had dated men EXACTLY like him in black form as far as where I think a man should be at when contemplating marriage (steady job, paying his own bills, has his own place, 401(k) with money going in, not drowning in unnecesary debt, no drinking/smoking problems, no illegal activities,etc). He was the most compatible with my personality and that matters. He knows I've always been a bit in my head, and a bit of a loner, and I like it that way. We agree on how to raise our son and how important church and God is.

I've never dated a loser no matter what color he was in and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :lachen:Color never really went into my decision for the "right man", but I have dated and been in long term relationships with mostly black men, my husband and another man being the only two white men that I was in a serious long term relationship with.

My view on things is God created us all and I'm sure he'd be pissed with me if he lined up some great guys for me and because I didn't like their color, I didn't think they were good enough for me. That's like saying God made a mistake. I won't go there.
HTH! :grin:

I don't hate them. Not saying I won't love one. I had a thing for an Italian named Basil. He was in a bad relationship I was on the rocks. He drove me hoe from class every day. He looked like Billy Baldwin.

po.61312.jpg

One day after class it was really hot. I invited him in for ice tea. :)

We talked drank tea, and he started feeling my face.:look: :look:

I just so happened to be standing up with my back against the wall. He was shaking like a leaf. Being that I am 5'3" and he was like 6' he bent down and kissed me.

Then he said I am so nervous, I can't stop shaking. That was my only dealing with him or white man. I have had them hit on me.

I met another Fine Italian guy once. I was young.

He gave me his number. Being that his last name is Gambino (well known Mafia name). I was scared and never called. :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :ohwell:

Yeah I know that was dumb. Did not want to take any chances.

I watch the Lifetime Channel:p

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: The bolded? That made my day!

im the total opposite i would never touch a black man with a 10 foot pole not if we were the last too people on earth...shoot i demand a recount i love me some white men.:look:

im the total opposite i would never touch a black man with a 10 foot pole not if we were the last too people on earth...shoot i demand a recount i love me some white men.:look:

I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one who is like this!

Although I would still give the guy a chance! However, I just don't find black men as physically attractive. The only black man I am REALLY attracted to is Will Smith... And unfortunately, I haven't seen any Will Smith look-a-likes.

But I grew up in white neighborhoods, went to predominately white high schools, and go to a predominately white college. Even my first crush was a little white boy. Maybe that's why i'm not feeling them?

Although I would still give the guy a chance! However, I just don't find black men as physically attractive. The only black man I am REALLY attracted to is Will Smith... And unfortunately, I haven't seen any Will Smith look-a-likes.

But I grew up in white neighborhoods, went to predominately white high schools, and go to a predominately white college. Even my first crush was a little white boy. Maybe that's why i'm not feeling them?

And I thought I was the only one. :look: :lachen: Nice to know I'm not alone here. :grin: Everytime I tell my sister about a new guy, she says, "Wait, is he white? Lord. When are you going to date a black boy?" I'm thinking to myself, hopefully, I won't have to. :lachen:

Funny thing with me is I'm a deep complexioned, articulate, easy going type who enjoys beaches, surfing, 80s music, and corny jokes. I usually attract white men b/c I think I have more in common with the ones I've met (notice I didn't say all of them). Few brothers approach me and even fewer call back for a second date. I dunno why. Sooooo I like a man who likes me and with whom i have a lot in common. I would date any race of man, but ususally end up with white guys for a serious type of relationship. I'm most attracted to very dark brothers or whites, I play the extremes.

Funny thing with me is I'm a deep complexioned, articulate, easy going type who enjoys beaches, surfing, 80s music, and corny jokes. I usually attract white men b/c I think I have more in common with the ones I've met (notice I didn't say all of them). Few brothers approach me and even fewer call back for a second date. I dunno why. Sooooo I like a man who likes me and with whom i have a lot in common. I would date any race of man, but ususally end up with white guys for a serious type of relationship. I'm most attracted to very dark brothers or whites, I play the extremes.

Love that 80's music. YAY! :yep:

But I grew up in white neighborhoods, went to predominately white high schools,and go to a predominately white college. Even my first crush was a little white boy. Maybe that's why i'm not feeling them?

Same here. There are few black men who I find sexually attractive. Even Boris Kodjoe does nothing for me. My preference is white guys, though black men who like like Jamal Lewis (cleveland browns) or Terrell Tilford would get a pass.

Wow! After reading the posts on this thread, I don't feel so bad mostly being attracted to handsome smiles and blue eyed white men. Now, if I could just figure out how to attract some good ones to spark their interest in me. :yep:

Any tips are appreciated.

This was said so perfectly. I've been with my SO for 13 years. I told my Mom I would not be getting married to him OR anyone. We have a unique ,imperfect relationship that works for us. However, I did meet the one Black manI could make an exception for-he doesn't strike me as the type who would date a Black woman though.

For me, color doesn't matter. I'm attracted to the inside man, who can hold a good conversation and intrigue me. My father was like that. He could sit down and talk with someone from morning until night. I saw him do this once. He could talk about any type of topic. I think it's great that so many women are open-minded and realize that we do have options. I have seen posts about some black men not wanting black women or some black men preferring white women; however, it's great that the women here realize we are beautiful and desired and we can find good men who realize that.

Ok, I admit it too. I tend to be more attracted to white men that black men. It has to do with me finding more in common with them, generally. But I also just tend to find them more physically attractive than black men. I think some general things have turned me off from past experiences with black men.(i.e. How "some" black men say hello to me only when on an elevator or talk to me as if they "know" me simply b/c we are both black.) It just takes more than skin color for attraction. Glad to know I'm not alone and won't get shot for feeling like this!

So true I have seen Black women turn their noses up at Blue Collar men. But some of them make just as much or MORE money than the guy in the suit. I have a friend who is a City of Chicago Garbageman. He makes Great Bank when he is in his work clothes women don't give him the time of day but when he is in his suit and Audi bought with work clothes money women stop and stare. And you can basically tell that on first site these chicks don't bring a lot to the table anyway but they are looking for that Alph Male.

This is such a dangerous stereotype. If black men were to stand up and say all black women in miami are whores (and let's face it miami is not a lot different than rio) we would all be up in arms! I don't want to argue but I cannot sit by and let my brother, cousins, uncles, etc. be stereotyped that way. There are GOOD black men everywhere. They are often over-looked if they aren't driving fancy cars or wearing bling bling. Black women have that "alpha male" syndrome. We tend to all flock to the same guy and the guys who could really be great husbands go over-looked and end up alone. And so do we after we realize that alpha male has been mating with the whole community. I've seen black women on many many occassions turn their noses up at a nice blue collar black man because they are stuck on social status. Good black men exist everywhere but you will not find him at the club or at the bar. He's probably at home or work like many of us so he may seem somewhat elusive but I assure you he is there. :mad:

Back