HOW TO DATE AN ALL AMERICAN WHITE BOY

Divalicious said:
Yep, both of them do it. I remember an episode where Oprah said something like 'And you know us black women. We don't shave our legs or underarms.' Then a cameraperson promptly showed a random black woman in the audience while the white audience was laughing. :ohwell:

WHAT?!:eek: :mad:

There's another one nobody let me in on.:perplexed Guess I better throw out my razor and cancel that Brazilian appointment.

sunnydaze said:
What's the big deal if he wants to touch your hair???????????
Just in case the woman is wearing a weave or has something else going on with her hair that may prompt an explanation (i.e. texture, oils, etc.):look:

meaganita said:
Just in case the woman is wearing a weave or has something else going on with her hair that may prompt an explanation (i.e. texture, oils, etc.):look:

Girl please...if you have a weave and he hits a track..then you say you have a weave. I mean our hair is different, he can probably see that just based off of appearances.

The swimming, hair, etc. may seem really small, but it is the kind of stuff that we allow to keep us in a "only a black man will get me" box. If you want to be in that box, fine, but if you don't you gotta let that go.

camellia said:
WHAT?!:eek: :mad:

There's another one nobody let me in on.:perplexed Guess I better throw out my razor and cancel that Brazilian appointment.

Okay!!!!!! I really don't like it when she perpetuates stereotypes of black women. And I know that her audience takes what she says as the gospel truth.

Divalicious said:
Okay!!!!!! I really don't like it when she perpetuates stereotypes of black women. And I know that her audience takes what she says as the gospel truth.

That's pretty crazy. I don't watch Oprah, not because I dislike her, just because I hardly ever watch TV.

The only women I know who don't shave their underarms are some "super feminists" and my MIL, they're all white.

Man, I really need a "How to be Proper Black Woman" handbook, before I go embarrassing us all. :rolleyes:

sunnydaze said:
Girl please...if you have a weave and he hits a track..then you say you have a weave. I mean our hair is different, he can probably see that just based off of appearances.

The swimming, hair, etc. may seem really small, but it is the kind of stuff that we allow to keep us in a "only a black man will get me" box. If you want to be in that box, fine, but if you don't you gotta let that go.

Personally, I don't mind. But I know there are some sistas who might resent having to explain the oil in their hair or who feel insecure about wearing a weave or something. These are usually the type of women who don't want ANY man touching their hair period, regardless of race.

I like talking about hair though and don't mind explaining stuff to men. I wear wigs all the time and don't mind talking about that either. I also think a lot of people are actually intrigued by the whole "black hair" thing. I like scalp massages though...so if I'm really feelin' the guy, and his hands are clean...I just might let him go for it!:p

:lachen: be you :) i dated a white girl for 3 years and he loved me dearly :)...

Have fun but i do know what your talking about the "Rules"...

This is odd to me. I think you should go about dating him the way you would go about dating anyone else.

camellia said:
That's pretty crazy. I don't watch Oprah, not because I dislike her, just because I hardly ever watch TV.

The only women I know who don't shave their underarms are some "super feminists" and my MIL, they're all white.

Man, I really need a "How to be Proper Black Woman" handbook, before I go embarrassing us all. :rolleyes:

Girl, I think a lot of us need this "book"! I guess I do all sorts of thing that embarrass Black women, like shaving my legs (just did it this morning), wearing ponytails, going swimming, washing my hair often, listening to music that isn't rap or R&B, etc.:lachen:

You answered your own question when you said you are going to just be yourself! Make him respect you as you would any other man. If you don't want him to touch your hair, then tell him so and explain why. When I was dating my current husband, who is white, I had a full sew-in weave and I was upfront about it. It was no big deal to him because he was interested in me not my hair. So chill and relax and have fun.:)

bravenewgirl87 said:
No... just yours, Camellia. I mean look at him, hanging out with his kids, enjoying his time with his family, encouraging your hair growth, supporting you financially, emotionally and securing you with stability and love. THE NERVE OF HIM! He needs to be strung out, HIV-infected, and running from child support while buying teen girls cars like Christie Brinkley's man! I mean, what is he trying to do... earn "MAN OF THE YEAR" award? Humph! He needs to cut all that out and be triflin'.:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

But, ditto to that. Please, don't be stereotypical and don't get angry if you hear him spilling one or two "ignorant" statements. That the propelling force with ignorance; Some people just don't know no better and you just have to help him understand. Even if he says something that makes you uncomfortable... you don't have to "GO OFF" on him. Just write him off as romantic material if it bothers you that much and still be friends. Think about it, if he was acting awkward around you like he was taking a purple elephant with dreadlocks to the movies, you'd be extremely angry, right? So, thats how he will feel if you are acting all goofy about him being white. Relax... wear something sexy and "drop it down low and sweep the flo wit it" when he comes to the door. Its the offical mating dance for white men to persue black women. He will raise a eyebrow (preferably the left) and respond" I found you, Miss Black Booty! Get it right, get it right make it tight. CHEEEEA":lol::lol::grin::grin:
Paul+Wall.jpg

I'm just messing with you on the past few sentences... don't do that for real..:look:

Girl you better not!!!:eek: Braven you was wrong for that one!!!:lachen:

thanks for all of your comments. i had a very successful date with my all american white boy wednesday night. we both love italian food, so he took me to carrabbas italian grill, and the conversation just continued to flow without any effort. we have a lot more in common than i thought we would have.

so tonight i am getting back home from going to a white club with him and our friends from class to celebrate our last final exam. i kind of felt out of place at first because i am not a drinker and i was like the only black person there, and these white folks can really hold their beer, and they are wild. i am glad that jacob (my date) is not a big drinker as well, and he decided not to drink also so that i wouldn't feel pressured. anyway, so far so good, two nights out in a row with my new beau, and a possible third night together sunday, bc i am going away to vegas for a week and we won't see each other until then.

once again thanks for your comments and have a blessed night.

camellia said:
White men aren't alien beings.:lol: Just be yourself, there are no "rules."

LOL at the bolded part, and I agree.

I've never dated a white man, but I say just be yourself. Obviously, that's what attracted him to you in the first place. And only deal with "race" in the early getting to know you stages if it comes up. If you like him, and it's meant to be a long-term relationship, then in time, you will know. And after that, if race becomes an issue, deal with it naturally!

Last edited:
Galleta said:
thanks for all of your comments. i had a very successful date with my all american white boy wednesday night. we both love italian food, so he took me to carrabbas italian grill, and the conversation just continued to flow without any effort. we have a lot more in common than i thought we would have.

so tonight i am getting back home from going to a white club with him and our friends from class to celebrate our last final exam. i kind of felt out of place at first because i am not a drinker and i was like the only black person there, and these white folks can really hold their beer, and they are wild. i am glad that jacob (my date) is not a big drinker as well, and he decided not to drink also so that i wouldn't feel pressured. anyway, so far so good, two nights out in a row with my new beau, and a possible third night together sunday, bc i am going away to vegas for a week and we won't see each other until then.

once again thanks for your comments and have a blessed night.

Yay! I'm glad you had such a good date!:D

camellia said:

You and me both:lachen:

Back