Is It Easier For The Chocolate Sisters To Get Men Of Other Races!!!!!

How Easy Is It For You To Date Outside Your Race?

• I consider myself dark complected and men of other races hit on me all the time.

Votes: 164 33.9%
  • I consider myself light complected and men of other races hit on me all the time.

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • I consider myself dark complected and men of other races hit on me once in a while.

Votes: 97 20.0%
  • I consider myself light complected and men of other races hit on me once in a while.

Votes: 66 13.6%
  • The only way I would be able to get a man of another race is to clubbed him over the head

Votes: 37 7.6%
  • I don't want to date a man that is not Black.

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters
My mom is dark and she got my father who is hispanic. She never had a problem attracting men b/c my mom is a beautiful person inside and out.

If a man chooses to IR date or marry what difference does it make what complexion he likes? Men are men and if they see a beautiful women they will figure out a way to approach her.

SweetNic_JA said:
I think white men are attracted to size more than color. It's important not to rule that out. They will go for a size 0/2 woman before they look to a size 7/8 woman. I believe if a white man had to choose between a light-skinned 0/2 and a dark-skinned 7/8, he would most definitely go for the light-skinned one because she's tiny. Even Rozlip's stripper girl would be too thick for an average white man. Her body type will more likely attract a black man before it attracts a white one.

If the playing field is equal (in terms of size) then yes, he would probably date the more different one. . .the question is, will he think the darker-skinned woman is too different to marry and incorpate into his family? I see many interracial courtships where the woman is dark and the man is white, but i get the impression that more light-skinned women marry into white families.

I totally agree with this. I am a size 0/2, but I have very large breasts for my frame, and I find a lot of white men like this (Black men tend to like a nice derriere a la Beyonce, Serena Williams or JLO, which I don't have :lol: ). While I do get hit on by the brothers, I do find that White and non-Black men like smaller women, b/c that's what tends to be more acceptable in their cultures, whereas our men like a thick stack :lol:

PrettyHaitian said:
If a man chooses to IR date or marry what difference does it make what complexion he likes? Men are men and if they see a beautiful women they will figure out a way to approach her.

I also agree with this. I think if a man is attracted to a woman, her complexion is not so important, if he thinks she's beautiful!

SweetNic_JA said:
I think white men are attracted to size more than color. It's important not to rule that out. They will go for a size 0/2 woman before they look to a size 7/8 woman. I believe if a white man had to choose between a light-skinned 0/2 and a dark-skinned 7/8, he would most definitely go for the light-skinned one because she's tiny.

I have to disagree with this because I have 2 dark skinned friend girls that are closer to a 7/8 or 9/10 and the more popular one has a big butt. Besides, the average white woman I see walking around is not a 0/2 and I rarely ever see a black woman that is anything less than a 5/6.

I spoke to 1 of them about it and she said she feels that white men choose her because if he is going to step out with a black woman he wants everyone to know that's what he chose without question. She also felt that this kind of man wants more negroid than european. I also have another dc friend that is a size 0/2 and she is married to a white man but she wasn't a 0/2 when they met.

SweetNic_JA said:
I see many interracial courtships where the woman is dark and the man is white, but i get the impression that more light-skinned women marry into white families.

I am light complected and IMO if a white man has enough courage to marry a black woman at that stage her complexion won't matter to him because no matter what the girl is black and that's what his family will see. He has picked what he likes and his family can take it or leave it.

At least this is how it has worked out for me. My being lc has never changed anything when the family was against it especially if the guy wasn't man enough to tell them where they should shove it.

SweetNic_JA said:
I think white men are attracted to size more than color. It's important not to rule that out. They will go for a size 0/2 woman before they look to a size 7/8 woman. I believe if a white man had to choose between a light-skinned 0/2 and a dark-skinned 7/8, he would most definitely go for the light-skinned one because she's tiny.

I have to disagree with this because I have 2 dark skinned friend girls that are closer to a 7/8 or 9/10 and the more popular one has a big butt. Besides, the average white woman I see walking around is not a 0/2 and I rarely ever see a black woman that is anything less than a 5/6.

I spoke to 1 of them about it and she said she feels the white men choose her because if he is going to step out with a black woman he wants everyone to know that's what he chose without question. She also felt that this kind of man wants more negroid than european.

SweetNic_JA said:
I see many interracial courtships where the woman is dark and the man is white, but i get the impression that more light-skinned women marry into white families.

I am light complected and IMO if a white man has enough courage to marry a black woman at that stage her complexion won't matter to him because no matter what the girl is black and that's what his family will see. He has picked what he likes and his family can take it or leave it.

At least this is how it has worked out for me. My being lc has never changed anything when the family was against it especially if the guy wasn't man enough to tell them where they should shove it.

What I am seeing too is a lot of black men are looking more at mixed girls or women of another race. The one's that once preferred lc women don't even want the lc woman anymore. Then (in my experience) men of other races find dc women more attractive and if they don't want a black woman at all they find another race.

As a lc female that leaves me in a pickle because I'm not dc, mixed, have curly hair or from another country.

Recherch鮂eauty said:
All the freaking time!

A lot of different races like me because I'm not your "typical" black woman. I'm not loud and obnoxious. I'm very quiet and I smile at everyone and say hello and compliment anybody on anything. That's why my boyfriend started going with me because I flashed my charming smile and he melted l0l...

I get offended when men tell me this. Why do all black women have to be viewed as loud and obnoxious?
This along with the fact that I supposedly act and sound white intimidates some black men, but I'm in college and these guys on my campus are not so intimidated, but they just don't like assertive women. They seem to prefer the giggling non students to me and other girls on campus (the town I'm located in is mostly white, so the girls they normally get with are white)

ETA: I'm dark complected and get hit on by all types men, white and other non blacks as well. I do not know if its anymore than a lighter skinned woman, but I've always had "options" for dates.

Last edited:
auntysmoky said:
First of all, I didn't intend to offend any of my darker skin sisters. I just want and have to know. Also, I am speaking from my experience and those of my close friends.

I live in South Florida. I don't think that FL is the best place to find and date men of other races because even though FL is diverse, a lot of people are closed-minded. I also believe that the educated and anti-MTV/BET AA sisters are struggling with finding partners here. I feel that many of the men here are more interested in dating Caribbean women or native African women. All of the stereotypes about African American women have affected the way a lot of men of other races view us.

I am attractive and I have no problem getting a man but most of the time I see white men with darker complected women. My darker complected friends have white men checking for them all of the time. I get a few crumbs here and there. Why is that? I want to know.

1st Question - If you are a darker complected woman, do you feel you can get a man of another race easily because they hit on you regularly.

2nd Question - If you fit question #1, where do you live?

**White = anything other than black.

I know this may seem like a crazy question but I'm sure there is at least 1 other woman out there that feels the same way.

BTW, I have dated several middle eastern men, Arab and Non-Arab.

totally off topic: but where did you get that 4a 4b comparison photo from? I still don't know the difference and would love to see a bigger picture.

for good measure I'll answer the question

I am darked skinned, and find that white men (not so sure about other races) tend to find me more attractive than my light and equally attractive girl friends. I think in relation to black men it tends to be the otha way round.. i'm from the uk though

KissKiss said:
totally off topic: but where did you get that 4a 4b comparison photo from? I still don't know the difference and would love to see a bigger picture.

No problem..... I just did a google image search under nappy hair and it came up.

Thanks for your answer. :)

nubianqt86 said:
This along with the fact that I supposedly act and sound white intimidates some black men, but I'm in college and these guys on my campus are not so intimidated, but they just don't like assertive women. They seem to prefer the giggling non students to me and other girls on campus (the town I'm located in is mostly white, so the girls they normally get with are white)

I get offended when men tell me this. Why do all black women have to be viewed as loud and obnoxious?
ETA: I'm dark complected and get hit on by all types men, white and other non blacks as well. I do not know if its anymore than a lighter skinned woman, but I've always had "options" for dates.
Yea I know... :mad: We're all not hoodrats, man!

I dont know if turkish would be considered white but i wanted to post this. after i broke up with my boyfriend, his bestfriend said to me ' i can tell you why he was so into you. you have the perfect nose. in turkey this would be considered the perfect nose.' my turkish bf did say this was my best feature. my nose is broad and totally african. just wanted to share other culture and how they view us. when my turkish friends come over the guys all want to find the black women with the 'round behinds'. they love the shape of black women but its not easy for them to find such a girl. but many of them would die to get a relationship. they love our body type etc and they are family oriented. different strokes for different cultures.

StrawberryQueen said:
I'm dark as hell and men of other races hit on me all the time. Moreso especially now that I'm natural.

Same here.I'am not natural but I get the most attention when I where my little texturized 'fro(mostly from white men)

SweetNic_JA said:
I think white men are attracted to size more than color. It's important not to rule that out.

I agree with this. From my experience I've seen more thin black women with white men. The majority of white men are going to date thin women (usually size 0-8) regardless of color because many of them equate being thin with attractiveness. It rare to see plus sized women of a different race (which would be a nice topic for another thread ;)) with a white man or asian man. Of course I fall into the minority because I've date a few white men who had no problems with my size. As for the light skin/dark skin issue if the man's family is racist you will always be black to them no matter if you're light skin, medium brown skin or dark skin.

In my neck of the woods (Brooklyn) its fair game when it comes to men. When I visit museums (especially the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan) I see alot of white men with black women of all different shades. I have to admit majority of the black women I've seen with white men are usually natural.

Last edited:
zailless said:
I dont know if turkish would be considered white but i wanted to post this. after i broke up with my boyfriend, his bestfriend said to me ' i can tell you why he was so into you. you have the perfect nose. in turkey this would be considered the perfect nose.' my turkish bf did say this was my best feature. my nose is broad and totally african. just wanted to share other culture and how they view us. when my turkish friends come over the guys all want to find the black women with the 'round behinds'. they love the shape of black women but its not easy for them to find such a girl. but many of them would die to get a relationship. they love our body type etc and they are family oriented. different strokes for different cultures.

That is soo true...My fiance (Turkish) loves the way my nose and my lips look (and let's not talk about the butt :lol: )...One would swear he won the lottery when I told him I would marry him (he is still asking if I am sure :lol:...guess he hasn't gotten over the shock yet).

Got so excited that he seen this one black couple while he was in Turkey ran up to them and told them he was marrying a black woman (boy I would love to have seen the look on that couple face:lachen:..probably thought he was crazy)

Amina said:
That is soo true...My fiance (Turkish) loves the way my nose and my lips look (and let's not talk about the butt :lol: )...One would swear he won the lottery when I told him I would marry him (he is still asking if I am sure :lol:...guess he hasn't gotten over the shock yet).

Got so excited that he seen this one black couple while he was in Turkey ran up to them and told them he was marrying a black woman (boy I would love to have seen the look on that couple face:lachen:..probably thought he was crazy)

LOLLL! That's kinda adorable. :lol: Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

(If he was American of course Id all be like WUHHHHH)

Siren said:
I agree with this. From my experience I've seen more thin black women with white men. The majority of white men are going to date thin women (usually size 0-8) regardless of color because many of them equate being thin with attractiveness. It rare to see plus sized women of a different race (which would be a nice topic for another thread ;)) with a white man or asian man. Of course I fall into the minority because I've date a few white men who had no problems with my size. As for the light skin/dark skin issue if the man's family is racist you will always be black to them no matter if you're light skin, medium brown skin or dark skin.

In my neck of the woods (Brooklyn) its fair game when it comes to men. When I visit museums (especially the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan) I see alot of white men with black women of all different shades. I have to admit majority of the black women I've seen with white men are usually natural.

Interesting! We could theorize about why that is (white men like the fact that the hair is so different or cool or the black women not finding as many black men that like their natural hair?)

I'm dark complected and get hit on across the board. Since I've been growing my hair out I notice that a LOT of PR men now "notice" me.

I live in an area that's heavily populated w/ Latin people and I've noticed that PR women (no matter what the waist size or age) dress sexily. They definitely flaunt their assets if you know what I mean. I'm sure that's part of their appeal to black men and the hair thing too..... Have you noticed that you never see PR women w/ short hair and when you do, well, they like women too?

JMO.

I guess I ain't black enough to get a white man but living here in northern Cali, white men have one thing on their minds when it comes to interracial dating/marriage: ASIAN KITTY!

This is my favorite one! LOL! :)

The only way I would be able to get a man of another race is to clubbed him over the head!

It's nice to see that dark women get hit on by white men. They must live outside of Cali, though.

The last time I saw a really dark black woman with a white man was about 15 years ago. She was 9 months pregnant and they were walking to his pick up and he looked ready to bolt!

SweetNic_JA said:
I think white men are attracted to size more than color. It's important not to rule that out. They will go for a size 0/2 woman before they look to a size 7/8 woman. I believe if a white man had to choose between a light-skinned 0/2 and a dark-skinned 7/8, he would most definitely go for the light-skinned one because she's tiny. Even Rozlip's stripper girl would be too thick for an average white man. Her body type will more likely attract a black man before it attracts a white one.

If the playing field is equal (in terms of size) then yes, he would probably date the more different one. . .the question is, will he think the darker-skinned woman is too different to marry and incorpate into his family? I see many interracial courtships where the woman is dark and the man is white, but i get the impression that more light-skinned women marry into white families.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this as well. The first time I met my hubby 12 years ago, I weighed 220. He's not a large man, he's slim, with LONG blonde hair. He didn't remember me being that size until I showed him a pic we took outside a bar. He remembered my smile & my eyes.

Since then, I've gone from a size 22W to 12. I actually find the opposite - I got more play when I had more meat on my bones. Recently a guy approached me and said he saw a girl perform who looked just like me years ago but she had more meat. I tell them it was me and he looked disappointed - or my man was somewhere throwing his evil eye. LOL

I guess it boils down to preferences, like a poster said previously. The men I've dated (and married) like women with meat on their bones. Not in a festishistic way, that's what they like. Me? My hubby gets tense when there's an olive-skinned, meaty Italian nearby - they're my weakness, even though my man is the ish in his own right.

I've dated 3 AA men in my life, one was 1/2 thai, one was 1/2 Puerto Rican. AA men don't approach me. They do, however, glare at my man after they check out my hindquarters. The men that approach are white and/or European, mostly Italian (the few that are in Texas).

One criteria (among many) I had before dating a non-AA fellow was that I was not the first person of color they've dated or had a relationship with. I was no one's experiment.

TBeBe said:
One criteria (among many) I had before dating a non-AA fellow was that I was not the first person of color they've dated or had a relationship with. I was no one's experiment.

That's going to be my criteria from now on. White guys approach me, but I feel like they see me as an experiment. With 3 of them, when I didn't have sex with them after knowing them for less than a week, I never heard from them again. But the last black guy I met did the same thing. :ohwell:

As far as the size thing, white guys hit on me and/or complimented my body when I was about 15 lbs. overweight. When I started to lose weight one of them told me "don't lose your ***".

I agree on the weight thing. It depends on the guy. Dh and his brother both married women who were at the minimum size 12. All my SILs are like Calista Flockhart skinny. (Its genetic, they all eat, but don't gain weight. Dh is the same way.) I think a good-looking woman, who keeps herself up and has a good mental attitude is going to attract men regardless.

I don't know if I'd sleep on guys who've never dated a black woman before. I've dated both, and I think I prefer the ones that haven't. Seems to me that they were more into me, as opposed to my skin color. I'm more leery of the guys who have a preference, or are 'into' black women. That seems to be more fetishistic to me. I'd take them as they come, because it could certainly go both ways. My dh had never dated a black woman before and he certainly wasn't experimenting. Its impossible to tell without getting to know a guy.

rozlips said:
I agree on the weight thing. It depends on the guy. Dh and his brother both married women who were at the minimum size 12. All my SILs are like Calista Flockhart skinny. (Its genetic, they all eat, but don't gain weight. Dh is the same way.) I think a good-looking woman, who keeps herself up and has a good mental attitude is going to attract men regardless.

I don't know if I'd sleep on guys who've never dated a black woman before. I've dated both, and I think I prefer the ones that haven't. Seems to me that they were more into me, as opposed to my skin color. I'm more leery of the guys who have a preference, or are 'into' black women. That seems to be more fetishistic to me. I'd take them as they come, because it could certainly go both ways. My dh had never dated a black woman before and he certainly wasn't experimenting. Its impossible to tell without getting to know a guy.

Really? That's interesting.

You always have good dating advice. Okay, I'll reconsider my criteria for who/what white guys have dated before.

zailless said:

Glad I came back to this thread and saw this post. Ladies, the above is the STONE. COLD. TRUTH.

I spent New Year's Eve with a couple of couples LOL One couple was a Swedish man (nobility and wealthy) and his Cuban wife who was gorgeous and dark skinned with a slim and trim body - she is a professional salsa dancer and teacher. He knew he had struck gold :D They have 2 kids and her belly is flat like a board!

It is not just skin color sometimes. Sometimes it is just a woman’s appearance. Some women, dark – light or whatever, are just pretty and attractive. Some are more exotic and have beautiful features that are complemented by the color of their skin, what ever it is, men are going to notice that if they don’t have hang ups about skin color.

Some people just never think about other races as an option and just don’t seem to notice a beautiful person because they can’t get past the skin color. For those of us that just recognize beauty in general, dark skin or light skin, you know a good looking attractive person when you see them – I am speaking for men and women.

I agree with you HoneyDew.

I think that also, if you walk with confidence that shows that you know you look good, regardless of what "society" thinks of your skin tone, hair, features, etc., you will attract all sorts of men as well.

I know that we're talking about other races, but I'm thinking among my group of about 4-5 friends, the two darkest ones had ALL of the men -- black, white, otherwise -- falling over them the most. And my girls were gorgeous while having kind hearts and spirits -- I think many men were attracted to their beauty and quiet confidence and didn't give a crap about skin tone.

Hairgasm said:
Yeah, isn't she the color of a paper bag? Hate to be so i'norant by saying that, but isn't she?

I've seen Jada up close, she is not someone i would consider light skinned- not that it matters. She even calls herself brown skinned

Back