• No

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Wouldn't dare?

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 26 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which might explain why I've long been a magnet for recently divorced guys... seriously, just say no.

(Not saying this about all divorced men... but the recently divorced ones... RUN!)

lol! I haven't had encounters with recently divorced men, but I can imagine :nono:

I've never dated a divorced man but as I get older I know it'll probably be harder to avoid them.

I know geography plays a HUGE role in what we see as far as IR couples. But I must say, that here in this part of N.E. OH Im living in I see it ALL the time. Its doesnt matter about age either, I see young and older IR couples ALL the time here. I asked my DH what the deal was, and he says it always been like that around these parts.

YES...geography plays a huge role when it comes to interracial dating. I live in the south...the sticks at that...and interracial dating doesn't fly too well. In some towns, you might see an interracial/intercultural relationship...like White Man/Native American woman, Native American man/white woman, or Black Man/Native American woman....in the early 2000's it still wasn't safe for some Black men to date White women. :nono: With that being said, I would say two young-ish guys-outside of my race- have approached me....but they were lame and unattractive as hell.

Last edited:
I have four older sisters they all either married or dated Arabic or White men, I have been stauch but will no longer rule out. Seems all the MI men are incarcerated, married, etc. or DL.:look:

I think the age thing - especially moving forward - is geographic.

When I go out with my friends I'm approached by more young white guys than any other group. After that comes young black men. (YBM are by far the most vocal - they will make comments or *ahem* YELL at you from across the room in an effort to get my attn.) Older WM tend to approach me when I'm minding my own business - I got invited to a corporate christmas party while pumping gas :lachen: If it's a Older man in the club - a lot of the time he's foreign. I have NO idea what that is about. :perplexed

In college I found that young white men are interested, but sober many of them are afraid to approach black women b/c they assume that we don't date "out". I've literally heard them say this. It's kind of like some BW don't check from them b/c they figure they aren't checking for us, and some WM don't check for us, b/c they figure we aren't checking for them.

Now..you get some liquor in 'em and it's a whole other story. :rofl:

Oh it's definitely geographical. Most white men and black women here aren't checking for each other, and it's not because they are afraid to approach/go there, it's because they just aren't attracted to one another. Black women prefer a sexy, southern black man, and white men prefer a sexy blonde bombshell. The few who are open to dating out are vocal about it. I have seen that in other areas this isn't the case.

lol! I haven't had encounters with recently divorced men, but I can imagine :nono:

I've never dated a divorced man but as I get older I know it'll probably be harder to avoid them.

Yup. Welcome to reality, baby. :rolleyes: I know mine is . .. and girrlllzzzz, get this . . . got an 11 year old GIRL, right.

This is going to be a whirlwind I can just see it now. And talk about "Babys mamma's drama!" Pulleaze . . . lil girl was pumpin' daddy for 4-1-1, when he wasn't forthcoming (due to my drillin' the hell outta him); she commented, "But, Mommy won't be happy with that answer". Oh, the "answer was . . . Ask LL?" Another topic, another thread, yaw'll stay tuned. This ole lady might end up cussin' out Baby Mamma and the Baby if she don't quit barging in our bedroom when the door is shut. Lil heifer:swearing: [stop it Shaniqua, you can't say that out loud about the lil angel]

I have four older sisters they all either married or dated Arabic or White men, I have been stauch but will no longer rule out. Seems all the MI men are incarcerated, married, etc. or DL.:look:

Hmmmm Arabic!!!! Seems exotic (in my lil brain). When they see my Arabic given name they are intrigued. Put with it the fact that I wear clothing from India much of the time, get looks about hat too. I have no doubt one would "date" a BW. But I wonder how many AM/BW MARRIAGES there are, mmmm, say in the U.S.??? Just a curiosity for me, not unlike this thread.

LL

YES...geography plays a huge role when it comes to interracial dating. I live in the south...the sticks at that...and interracial dating doesn't fly too well.

Hmmm, well, I'll be moving south shortly and we'll just have to see how it flies in Florida [South, U.S. for those that don't know]. I will be his second Black wife, their lil angel is mixed. Gonna be a fun end of Winter/Spring season I'll say. Again, stay tuned.

LL

after some failed relationships and maybe a divorce, some are more willing to try something different to find happiness.

BINGO!!! By jove I think you've got it.

And, for some reason I am looking forward to pampering and spoiling the heck outta mine. I know ole boy got baggage, but shooot, when you get our age, who don't? :spinning: When I think of the things I'm gonna doooo too hiimmmmmm, when I become Mrs. _____ mmm, mmm, mmm; I feel sorry for him already . . . woooooo weeeee doggy, and do for him.....chile. Somebody call the police, no call the paramedics-he gone need 'em!

Hmmm, well, I'll be moving south shortly and we'll just have to see how it flies in Florida [South, U.S. for those that don't know]. I will be his second Black wife, their lil angel is mixed. Gonna be a fun end of Winter/Spring season I'll say. Again, stay tuned.

LL

South florida is not really the south...lol. ( Lots of hispanic and caribbean folks) North Florida is more typical of the south imo.

BINGO!!! By jove I think you've got it.

And, for some reason I am looking forward to pampering and spoiling the heck outta mine. I know ole boy got baggage, but shooot, when you get our age, who don't? :spinning: When I think of the things I'm gonna doooo too hiimmmmmm, when I become Mrs. _____ mmm, mmm, mmm; I feel sorry for him already . . . woooooo weeeee doggy, and do for him.....chile. Somebody call the police, no call the paramedics-he gone need 'em!

:lachen::lachen:

get 'em girl...

Luke's wife. AAAllllriiight.

LukeShirley-vi.jpg

http://www.lukegossforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112&hl=shirley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfc6liFhC6M

Here's an interview with the couple:

http://www.lukegossforum.com/content/news/interviews/hello-articleluke-shirley-wedding-1994/

LOL! Ol' "blue eyes" eh?? :eyebrows2 How cute. :giggle:

I've always heard dating a white man or a non-black man is different from dating a black man. I wonder if that stereotype is true though? :confused: Like, does it feel different dating someone of another race? Or, does race not even come into the picture?

It depends on the person you are dating. I've dated Black men who fit the sterotypical White man's image. At any rate, I am married to a White man and quite frankly, I forget he is even White until someone openly says "Oh you are married to a YT guy" hahaha!!!!

It's funny, my husband even understands certain struggles that I might go through, he will even spit out what I am thinking. On the other hand, many black men I dated did not.

This is why I judge by the character and know that color is only skin deep. I fit in better with men of my social circle than my color.

That's great Lucie. Let me say this, I dated a Haitian man over almost 7 years and although we shared the same culture, language, etc. he and I were not as compatible as I am with my current. While culture is important to me, I wouldn't risk a life of happiness just so that I could be with a Haitian man.

I think I understand where Lucie is coming from not necessarily from an experience but a vision that kept crossing my mind early on in my relationship with my DH. I wondered if he can relate to me on a Cultural, Spiritual and Reglious level. These things are important in a relationship. There is nothing deeper than to be understood, whether its from a teacher, parent, child or husband. So I can relate and not to hijack your postings Lucie, but thanks for sharing and being honest. This is something that might be why some of us are so hesistant to be in a IR relationship.

Nevertheless, in my personal experience I had great chemistry with many Black men because of the cultural experiences. The intensity of discussing topics that my YT husband will never really know nothing about. But the compatibility was poor. On the otherhand, I have great compatibility with my husband and that is the reason I married him.

It depends on the person you are dating. I've dated Black men who fit the sterotypical White man's image. At any rate, I am married to a White man and quite frankly, I forget he is even White until someone openly says "Oh you are married to a YT guy" hahaha!!!!

It's funny, my husband even understands certain struggles that I might go through, he will even spit out what I am thinking. On the other hand, many black men I dated did not.

This is why I judge by the character and know that color is only skin deep. I fit in better with men of my social circle than my color.

I relate to a lot of what you shared here. Despite the racial difference, my husband and I have a lot in common. For example religious backgrounds, family discipline, tastes in music, etc.

There was a thread a month or so ago with a test to gauge how "ghetto" someone is. I was cracking up while looking at it. I knew my husband could answer affirmatively to a lot of the questions (as they were things we'd talked about from our collective childhood memories). For example, there was a "candy lady" in his neighborhood". He has fond memories of bathing in Joy dishwashing liquid, though I don't (but we always used Joy for dishes). His family was frugal.

Last edited:
I think the age thing - especially moving forward - is geographic.

Now..you get some liquor in 'em and it's a whole other story
. :rofl:

What is it about younger white guys and liquor! I get hit on by them only while inebriated! Older white men have approached me (usually of the Long Island Guido variety...I really do love a Guido) often. I haven't taken the bite yet, but who knows. My sister is always like "Girl..you could get one of them white men with $".

I notice in NYC most BW/WM pairings the women tend to be natural and ethnic looking. I have a cousin in Boston, she is dark with short twists who is married to the most Anglo white man ever. They have the cutest child.

Its veryyyy common in NYC, especially manhattan. A lot of times the black women is medium skin tone to dark skin with natural hair. Everytime I go to manhattan I see at least 3-4 couples. I have been recently seeing black women with asian men too.

I was in the store the other day and saw 4 BW/WM couples and am starting to see more BW/asian man couples. More than anything in my area, I see BM/WW couples, so it's refreshing to see the sisters looking happy and finding love elswhere.

My older sis has always dated WM and it is her preference, while I have never dated a WM. It's not because I wouldn't have, I just wasn't really approached by ones that I felt compatible with. I think if I was gonna go there I would have wanted the guy to be really "white" (no blaccent) or anything. I have noticed recently they are approaching sisters more boldly and not being afraid of rejection.

I was always open to love in any color and had more of a preference for a man's character than his color. When DH and I go out, we get a lot of stares since there are not many couples like us walking around in our area. (BW/middle-eastern man) He is Lebanese. We've been together for 14 years and I am treated like a queen. I feel more understood by him than any of the BM I have dated and he totally "gets" my hair since his texture is similar.

I was in the store the other day and saw 4 BW/WM couples and am starting to see more BW/asian man couples. More than anything in my area, I see BM/WW couples, so it's refreshing to see the sisters looking happy and finding love elswhere.

My older sis has always dated WM and it is her preference, while I have never dated a WM. It's not because I wouldn't have, I just wasn't really approached by ones that I felt compatible with. I think if I was gonna go there I would have wanted the guy to be really "white" (no blaccent) or anything. I have noticed recently they are approaching sisters more boldly and not being afraid of rejection.

I was always open to love in any color and had more of a preference for a man's character than his color. When DH and I go out, we get a lot of stares since there are not many couples like us walking around in our area. (BW/middle-eastern man) He is Lebanese. We've been together for 14 years and I am treated like a queen. I feel more understood by him than any of the BM I have dated and he totally "gets" my hair since his texture is similar.

Wait are you located in Iowa? I didn't think IR would be so prevalent. Not that it's some backwards place, but Iowa never seemed like the place to me where so many IRR would be happening.

I'm open to dating all kinds of races/ethnicities. I just don't think they're all open to dating me. The way my brothers talk, black women just aren't a hot commodity unless it's for sex. It's kinda disconcerting.

Please stop listening to your brothers. They don't have a clue. Tis all.

Wait are you located in Iowa? I didn't think IR would be so prevalent. Not that it's some backwards place, but Iowa never seemed like the place to me where so many IRR would be happening.

Hey Rr,

Yup, I'm in Iowa.. ( I know I know). :lachen:Most people don't think there are even people here, let alone black people. There are a lot of farms in the smaller towns, however near our Universities and " larger" cities, it is fairly diverse. However, a brother could still come here and clean up on yt girl attention ( and the WM are loving the sisters now too!) The men here in general are some of the nicest and most well-mannered gentlemen you would hope to meet. Oh, and most Iowan men LOVE to work.

Hey Rr,

Yup, I'm in Iowa.. ( I know I know). :lachen:Most people don't think there are even people here, let alone black people. There are a lot of farms in the smaller towns, however near our Universities and " larger" cities, it is fairly diverse. However, a brother could still come here and clean up on yt girl attention ( and the WM are loving the sisters now too!) The men here in general are some of the nicest and most well-mannered gentlemen you would hope to meet. Oh, and most Iowan men LOVE to work.

I like Iowa. The people are so cool... they seem to just take you as you are. If you want to come and work, your background doesn't matter. Just work hard, go about your business and be kind to others and it's all good.

Are you in Iowa City? Lovely university town!

Des Moines and Cedar Rapids are decent-sized inexpensive Midwestern cities.

Shoot, there have been a few black Miss Iowas too! I'm not sleepin' on that state!

I get hit on by white men all the time. In the store, walking with my kids. It has always been this way. I think wm want to date who they find attractive I don't think a whole lot of thought gets put into it until down the line.

I like Iowa. The people are so cool... they seem to just take you as you are. If you want to come and work, your background doesn't matter. Just work hard, go about your business and be kind to others and it's all good.

Are you in Iowa City? Lovely university town!

Des Moines and Cedar Rapids are decent-sized inexpensive Midwestern cities.

Shoot, there have been a few black Miss Iowas too! I'm not sleepin' on that state!

Hi Bunny,

I'm actually in CR, and you are so right; the people are cool and very laid-back. This state is pretty much " live and let live". People usually sleep on IA, but I think we are a well-kept secret of the midwest. It can be boring here at times, but it is an excellent place to raise a family, the people have a great work ethic , will bend over backwards to help each other,you can leave your door ( car and house ) pretty much unlocked, the men have manners, and you can get a whole lot of house for your money. Our winters are no joke though...lol.

Back