Interracial Daters / Marriages... HELP ME?

getoffmylawn said:
I married an Asian guy. We met each other through a mutual friend- my best friend worked with one of his friends and he gave him my number for some reason. Anyways I guess the best places would be work and/or school. The family issue was difficult as I come from an old Southern white family and dh being Asian sort of made them uncomfortable but he also had an Islamic/Arabic name which they REALLY didn't like. :lol: I listened to so many speeches, warnings and advisories about him, my Lord. I didn't tell them I had married until after three months had passed and eventually my mom came by our house and put all my stuff from their home on our doorstep:spinning: We didn't speak for a while but one day I guess they caved in and started coming around. They became close to dh after a few years and now call him their son but it was DIFFICULT, worth it though since he's a great guy. I honestly believe I'd have been forced into a relationship with some gun toting, redneck smoker if he wouldn't have found me:lol:

Your white? If you are don't take anything I say about white people personally. I love everybody.

Raspberry said:
I hear you on a surface level but as black women location and social networks can make or break our dating prospects. We often have to be more strategic about positioning ourselves for a mate. The same applies if you're looking for a certain type of black man IMO. So yea, while it may sound calculating or weird to ask for advice on finding a white man to date, I totally get it. If that's what the OP wants and it's not working, she should find a better way.

Women who live in large cities or in places where there's high numbers of the type of men they like tend to take it for granted...

Do you go to an apostolic/ Pentecostal church. That seems to be the trend in some of those environments

FlyyBohemian said:
Do you go to an apostolic/ Pentecostal church. That seems to be the trend in some of those environments

FlyyBohemian I grew up in Pentecostal churches and as an adult I attend non-denominational charismatic churches. I dunno if interracial relationships are a trend in these churches but they aren't uncommon.. since the basic common denominator in rise environments is shared faith cultural barriers don't seem as significant.

I've dated interracially all of my life. I've only ever been attracted to a black guy twice in my life and they're both famous. XD

I met them either at school or through friends. I do get approached from time to time by white guys in public, usually at coffee shops, galleries, laid back local restaurants or Irish pubs (the only places that play European football around here. ugh.) There are other places too, but there really is no formula. It just happens.

Sometimes, you have to take the initiative and go talk to them if you see one you're attracted to. I dunno how many times I've gone out and either I or my friends have caught a guy checking me out secretly. It's like they're intimidated... or think I'm gonna morph into a t-rex and bite their heads off lol.

Back