2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

Daaaaang y’all are gangstah!!!! Hmmm but it think I like this strategy. Let me think on this....

I had an ex who I wrote about here some time ago. He was crazy and decided to start writing me love emails after he got married. I sent the emails to his wife and double dog dared the both of them to contact me one more time so I could go straight to his job. Never heard another peep.

Next time I saw him, they were on Iyanla making fools of themselves.

Lmaooooooo Iyanla?! Nooooo lol
But I told his sister about him and let her know that if I file a restraining order on her, it implies him and well, we know what he has to lose....
Had I read this before hand I would have added that last threat. If I get another opportunity I will state that...

The sister spoke to him and called me back proposing that I send them both a text saying that I’m no longer in touch with him and that if the harassment continues ...just lay out my next steps.

What do you all think about that strategy?

Send them both a text for what?

Nope, wait on that third harassing text (because we all know it's going to come now that the sister is involved) and then move accordingly.

update:

SO's mom called last night she had the procedure done at the hospital around 1pm she called around 6pm (without receiving the results) and told SO she may potentially have 1-2 years left to live. I just responded with WOW and kept it moving. At this point i'll react after the DR actually gives her a diagnosis after reviewing her results.

The sister spoke to him and called me back proposing that I send them both a text saying that I’m no longer in touch with him and that if the harassment continues ...just lay out my next steps.

What do you all think about that strategy?
Lol.. hunni you doing too much talking. It seems as if your life is being threatened and if I was in your shoes. I would not be relaying messages. I would be getting my restraining order together. Girl you don’t have any hood family
update:

SO's mom called last night she had the procedure done at the hospital around 1pm she called around 6pm (without receiving the results) and told SO she may potentially have 1-2 years left to live. I just responded with WOW and kept it moving. At this point i'll react after the DR actually gives her a diagnosis after reviewing her results.
lol you handled that the best way! Girl she sounds like too much.. My smart mouth would have probably said something to hurt his feelings.. let me take some notes.

Lol.. hunni you doing too much talking. It seems as if your life is being threatened and if I was in your shoes. I would not be relaying messages. I would be getting my restraining order together. Girl you don’t have any hood family

lol you handled that the best way! Girl she sounds like too much.. My smart mouth would have probably said something to hurt his feelings.. let me take some notes.

I seriously have to keep telling myself to shut up and nothing good will come from me running my mouth.

Lmaooooooo Iyanla?! Nooooo lol
But I told his sister about him and let her know that if I file a restraining order on her, it implies him and well, we know what he has to lose....
Had I read this before hand I would have added that last threat. If I get another opportunity I will state that...

Don't talk to his sister. *** her! Always remember to give ZERO phucks about what you do when people try to violate you. His sister is not your friend and will try to get information from you to for the sole purpose of protecting him. Even if it's to your detriment. You can show all of these people way better than you can tell them.

Also - I do not believe for one second that she went through his phone and stole your number. He gave her free range to do that.

Last edited:
update:

Bye :look:

@Browndilocks

Partially agree with you. The sister is a classy lady who is NOT about this life so I don't foresee her getting involved much more than this, but I'll keep your advice in mind. I don't plan to involve anymore folks and will wait until I get the 3rd text.

I don't believe that he gave her my number though. Why would he do that? What's the end goal if were supposedly friends? She's contacted many other women in his phone from the stories he's told me about this relationship. She thinks that by scaring women away, she will have more peace in her relationship. Wrong.
Whatever the reason he may or may not have given her my number, it doesn't change the fact that he has revealed to me that he is NOT my friend. But I'm curious for why you believe that. I've heard of so many stories of women doing this.

@Browndilocks

Partially agree with you. The sister is a classy lady who is NOT about this life so I don't foresee her getting involved much more than this, but I'll keep your advice in mind. I don't plan to involve anymore folks and will wait until I get the 3rd text.

I don't believe that he gave her my number though. Why would he do that? What's the end goal if were supposedly friends? She's contacted many other women in his phone from the stories he's told me about this relationship. She thinks that by scaring women away, she will have more peace in her relationship. Wrong.
Whatever the reason he may or may not have given her my number, it doesn't change the fact that he has revealed to me that he is NOT my friend. But I'm curious for why you believe that. I've heard of so many stories of women doing this.

I believe he allowed her to call you because men guard their phones with their lives. Plus phone numbers do not just appear on cell phones any more, the name does. You actually have to go into the phone's address book and find the name and hit the info button in order to get the person's number to show. If he does not guard his phone then he has given her free range to go through it, knowing she'd be exposed to your information.

I also question the character of the man who would knowingly stay in a relationship with a woman who actively harasses people with whom he has no involvement. Is that some sort of 9th grade ego play or an attempt to have a supplementary mother? What type of man would be ok with with a woman who asserts herself in that manner?

Do not trust the sister. Do not talk to her. She is a snake in a classy costume.

@Fine 4s I know that you considered this person a friend but believe me, He. Is. Not. Your. Friend. Even if he didn't outright give her your number, he condoned it. No one can get into anyone's phone in 2019 without their permission. And as you said, she knows personal things about you that only he could have told her. Why is he telling her your business? Why is he still with someone who would act like that? These people are petty and toxic and if I were you I wouldn't waste another thought on them.

I believe he allowed her to call you because men guard their phones with their lives. Plus phone numbers do not just appear on cell phones any more, the name does. You actually have to go into the phone's address book and find the name and hit the info button in order to get the person's number to show. If he does not guard his phone then he has given her free range to go through it, knowing she'd be exposed to your information.

I also question the character of the man who would knowingly stay in a relationship with a woman who actively harasses people with whom he has no involvement. Is that some sort of 9th grade ego play or an attempt to have a supplementary mother? What type of man would be ok with with a woman who asserts herself in that manner?

Do not trust the sister. Do not talk to her. She is a snake in a classy costume.
You said everything I was thinking, lol.

Not him. He was always sloppy.
I don’t think I can convince you but Let me just say that I know for a fact that she had complete access but I don’t think convincing someone trying to support me (like you) that he’s a jerk is productive, why? Because he is! Lol

He likes drama, grown man 50 plus has a problem. Not the first time he had to call the cops.

Lol at the sister comment!

Last edited:
Update :

I just called her from my desk since she met with the Dr earlier today around noon. Shockingly there's no signs of anything, she has a clean bill of health that just needs normal monitoring.

ETA: SO doesn't know that his mother is fine yet.

Aw man. This is a tough one. Maybe you could start making a big show about her health, and how blessed she is to be so healthy and strong. Mention all the fun she has every week. And (loudly) hope that SO has just an ounce of her strength and courage so that maybe he too can bless the world for many years to come with his delightful disposition and positive attitude :lachen:

And then? Laugh and laugh and laugh

Aw man. This is a tough one. Maybe you could start making a big show about her health, and how blessed she is to be so healthy and strong. Mention all the fun she has every week. And (loudly) hope that SO has just an ounce of her strength and courage so that maybe he too can bless the world for many years to come with his delightful disposition and positive attitude :lachen:

And then? Laugh and laugh and laugh

Delightful disposition and positive attitude? Lol !!! Yes, I would laugh after that statement.

Maybe I’m being tested in areas of self respect, standing up for myself and cutting off anyone that doesn’t uplift my spirits or at least brings me down. I cut off a total of 2.5-3 people and that’s huge for me!
Is it human nature to abuse people who allow themself to be abused?

Right now, in my condo I’m taking a position against two other trustees (one is my mother’s cousin and the other her associate). I’m nervous about taking this position but come on, one member doesn’t pay the condo fee so now the two others need to get an increase to subsidize the third?! GTFOH! Also, the head of the board should have BEEN taken her to court for non payment. So now, I’m refusing to pay the increase. Period.

Back