2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

Our 2 year anniversary is coming up. I'm not sure what to get him. He's particular, like myself, but I don't want to get him a gift card. I may have to get him a gift card :look:

He showed me an Invicta watch that he wanted, but now I can't find it and I don't want to end up getting him the wrong one. Ah well.

Are you celebrating the day you met or the day you decided to become exclusive?
One of my friends asked me that last week when I told her SO and me's 1 year anniversary is coming up in early April and we're making plans for that. Then she tried to imply it wasn't our real anniversary because we weren't 100% focused on each other until we were exclusive. :rolleyes: When people ask how long we've been together, SO always says the date of the day we met. His family certainly acknowledges that we've been together for almost a year.

Last edited:
One of my friends asked me that last week when I told her SO and I's 1 year anniversary is coming up in early April and we're making plans for that. Then she tried to imply it wasn't our real anniversary because we weren't 100% focused on each other until we were exclusive. :rolleyes: When people ask how long we've been together, SO always says the date of the day we met. His family certainly acknowledges that we've been together for almost a year.

We say the day we met too. It's special to us because we both thought we were just meeting for a couple of drinks then going our separate ways. We ended up spending 4 hours together with drinks, apps, dinner, dessert and after dinner drinks. lol We're going back to have dinner at that same restaurant on the day of that anniversary. We became exclusive a few weeks later so we're celebrating that too with a trip to CA.

We say the day we met too. It's special to us because we both thought we were just meeting for a couple of drinks then going our separate ways. We ended up spending 4 hours together with drinks, apps, dinner, dessert and after dinner drinks. lol We're going back to have dinner at that same restaurant on the day of that anniversary. We became exclusive a few weeks later so we're celebrating that too with a trip to CA.
Awww that's sweet. SO and me met on a dating app so we're planning to go to the restaurant we had our first date at, on our anniversary date and we're thinking of going to Disneyland in May before high season starts.

Last edited:
Awww that's sweet. SO and I met on a dating app so we're planning to go to the restaurant we had our first date at, on our anniversary date and we're thinking of going to Disneyland in May before high season starts.

How cool! I tell my friends don't sleep on dating apps. We met on Bumble! I swiped right while on a conference call at work and it said we were a match. I sent him my typical short and sweet message and he responded instantly - because he was sitting on a conference call too. We talked that night and met the next day.

How cool! I tell my friends don't sleep on dating apps. We met on Bumble! I swiped right while on a conference call at work and it said we were a match. I sent him my typical short and sweet message and he responded instantly - because he was sitting on a conference call too. We talked that night and met the next day.
Oh sweet! We met on Ok Cupid. SO sent me a message and I responded. We exchanged a couple messages with some quick get-to-know you stuff but he quickly asked for a date. He didn't know it then but I had a bunch of dates lined up and was literally juggling men. He had the highest compatibility rating with me of any man I'd seen on the entire app actually. We met up and the rest is history lol.

Are you celebrating the day you met or the day you decided to become exclusive?

We're celebrating first anniversary of the day we met next month.

We are celebrating the day we met online.

Our anniversary is the date we became "an item". I didn't know people did it from first day of meeting. Everyones different - I never thought to ask.

I didn't know people did this either :lol: We picked the day we met because we don't remember the date we actually became an item. So we decided to go with something that had a time stamp :lol:

Our 2 year anniversary is coming up. I'm not sure what to get him. He's particular, like myself, but I don't want to get him a gift card. I may have to get him a gift card :look:

He showed me an Invicta watch that he wanted, but now I can't find it and I don't want to end up getting him the wrong one. Ah well.

In this case, the gift card may work, even though they can be so impersonal. You can even explain it to him and say why you didn't just get the watch yourself.

Or, maybe you could roll the dice and get him the watch that is closest to the one he wanted in terms of style and appearance, also taking his style into consideration.

He may end up loving the one you chose instead, because you chose it. If he ends up hating it, just keep the receipt or get a gift receipt and let him exchange it.

Is he dead set on a watch? Maybe you can figure out something else to get him if the watch idea doesn't pan out, if you have time. What else does he like?

@ScorpioBeauty09 @OneShinyface we met on a dating app Bumble :lachen:

Our anniversary is our first date. It was such an amazing date we both knew there was a possibility of a real relationship.

For our first Christmas be got me a portrait of the night sky in our city on the day of our first date. There was a full moon that night. I always smile when I look at it hanging on the wall.
He's so amazingly sweet :2inlove:

Last edited:

Our anniversary is our first date. It was such an amazing date we both knew there was a possibility of a real relationship.

For our first Christmas be got me a portrait of the night sky in our city on the day of our first date. There was a full moon that night. I always smile when I look at it hanging on the wall.

*Swoon* - I love thoughtful gifts like this.

In this case, the gift card may work, even though they can be so impersonal. You can even explain it to him and say why you didn't just get the watch yourself.

Or, maybe you could roll the dice and get him the watch that is closest to the one he wanted in terms of style and appearance, also taking his style into consideration.

He may end up loving the one you chose instead, because you chose it. If he ends up hating it, just keep the receipt or get a gift receipt and let him exchange it.

Is he dead set on a watch? Maybe you can figure out something else to get him if the watch idea doesn't pan out, if you have time. What else does he like?

I like this idea because I can get him a gift receipt and he can exchange it for another watch if he so chooses.

He's also sneakerhead. I dare not go into this territory lest I get him the wrong shoe :nono:

I like this idea because I can get him a gift receipt and he can exchange it for another watch if he so chooses.

He's also sneakerhead. I dare not go into this territory lest I get him the wrong shoe :nono:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Do it!!!!! Put your signature all on that! That man will NOT forget you and he will love you forever if you do. And if you do it right, it might end up being his new favorite pair of shoes in his collection. Trust me, it's not 100% about getting him the "right" shoe, but moreso about paying attention to his interests and things that are important to him. If you take the time to try to find him shoes for his shoe collection, that is gold.

If you can be covert about it, that's even better because he won't see it coming and he'll appreciate it even more.

If you aren't confident you can pull it off in time for your anniversary, do it for the next major thing you celebrate together, maybe his birthday? Good luck!

That is soooooo sweet!!! Yeah on our third date SO said he was having such a great time getting to know me, he felt like a little kid again. Even though our discussions at times got pretty heavy and serious. He's a jokester though lol.

Oh sweet! We met on Ok Cupid. SO sent me a message and I responded. We exchanged a couple messages with some quick get-to-know you stuff but he quickly asked for a date. He didn't know it then but I had a bunch of dates lined up and was literally juggling men. He had the highest compatibility rating with me of any man I'd seen on the entire app actually. We met up and the rest is history lol.
I met my guy on Plenty of Fish...same exact scenario like you and almost a year later, were still going strong

Oh my goodness...we're having the same conversation. Is our anniversary date when we met, when we had our first kiss or when we decided on being exclusive??? decision decisions
I debated this within myself, the day we met or the day we decided to be exclusive? But when people started asking how long we've been together, SO used the day of our first date so I went with that lol.

I don't know how much time you have left before your SO's birthday but I love https://www.personalizationmall.com for non-expensive romantic gifts like pictures, albums, jewelry and more, that you can personalize to reflect your journey as a couple. I got my SO a card from there for V-day and I'm planning to get him something else from there for our anniversary next month.

I don't know how much time you have left before your SO's birthday but I love https://www.personalizationmall.com for non-expensive romantic gifts like pictures, albums, jewelry and more, that you can personalize to reflect your journey as a couple.

Thank you for this link @ScorpioBeauty09 - I just ordered a personalized photo for our anniversary. It will arrive afterwards, but that's okay. It's one for baby's first year, but because you can personalize everything, I called it "Our First Year" and personalized it with 12 photos of our year together - from our trips to our nights out to time with family. Then I added a personalized whiskey glass so I could get free shipping. LOL Thank you again! He loves photos as much as I do so I know he's going to love this.

Thank you for this link @ScorpioBeauty09 - I just ordered a personalized photo for our anniversary. It will arrive afterwards, but that's okay. It's one for baby's first year, but because you can personalize everything, I called it "Our First Year" and personalized it with 12 photos of our year together - from our trips to our nights out to time with family. Then I added a personalized whiskey glass so I could get free shipping. LOL Thank you again! He loves photos as much as I do so I know he's going to love this.
Awww, I'm glad it was helpful for you. My SO loves photos too and when his sister saw what I got him for V-day she was like "she went all out for you, so what did you get her?" :giggle:

Everyone here is so cool and collected. I'm a hot mess while dating which is why I don't LOL!! I overthink and I'm really passionate and spastic, which means I stay jumping to conclusions and apologizing. I think Babe is finding it hilarious. He's just rolling with my crazy self :laugh: :laugh: .

Case in point: The night before I basically told him that I'm in my feelings because he's too busy. He explained what was going on and apologized when he didn't need to. I text him yesterday and don't hear from him all day. What do I think? This fool is trying to ghost me or he's actually mad about what we talked about and is ignoring me.

He messages me online at the end of the night that he lost his phone in the morning, and that a new one is coming in the mail :look: . My response was oh that really sucks! Thanks for letting me know.

Good thing he'll never find out that I was totally trippin :lachen:

Back