2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

Everyone here is so cool and collected. I'm a hot mess while dating which is why I don't LOL!! I overthink and I'm really passionate and spastic, which means I stay jumping to conclusions and apologizing. I think Babe is finding it hilarious.

Your whole post cracked me up. Yes, you've got to take it down a few thousand. LOL. He seems chill, which is a great accompaniment to you. But you do need to relax and be confident that he's okay, that he's in to you. You don't want your worry to become an issue between you.

Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Your whole post cracked me up. Yes, you've got to take it down a few thousand. LOL. He seems chill, which is a great accompaniment to you. But you do need to relax and be confident that he's okay, that he's in to you. You don't want your worry to become an issue between you.

Just relax and enjoy the ride.
Thank you! I need to enjoy and chill. I don't know how to let things fall in place and just happen in their do time LOL!

This may be kind of sad, but I've started journaling since we've became exclusive. It's been helpful to be able to get my nonsense, thoughts and questions down on paper. Then I choose what I share with him.

Thank you! I need to enjoy and chill. I don't know how to let things fall in place and just happen in their do time LOL!

This may be kind of sad, but I've started journaling since we've became exclusive. It's been helpful to be able to get my nonsense, thoughts and questions down on paper. Then I choose what I share with him.
That's an excellent idea. You can work things out and determine if it's something you need to raise with him or not. Plus it will be fun later to go back and read what was going on and how you were feeling at that time. Come to think of it, I need to resume journaling myself. We've amassed a ton of good memories this first year and while we have the pictures to show for it, it would be great to have a document of my own thoughts and feelings.

We officially started house hunting a few weeks ago.

I'm honestly excited, at this point my townhouse is too small for us, the kids and my dog. I just hope we find something soon and the process of renting my townhouse out goes smoothly.

we found something!!!! fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.. my nerves already can't handle this. It's like excitement and anxiety all rolled into one big emotion if that makes sense.

SO told me he loves me this morning. :cloud9: I was emotional because I’d been wanting to tell him I love him for the longest time but was waiting for him to say it first. :look:

i realized I loved my bf pretty early on. After some debating, I picked a day where I was going to tell him first...he was staying with me for the weekend nd it was bedtime. We were half asleep when he turned to me and was like " I know this is random, but can I ask you a question?"

Me: sure
Bf: do you love me?
Me: *nervous laugh* actually, yes.

*silence*

Me: what made you ask me that?
Bf: well, I can feel it in my chest...Oh and I love you too.

i realized I loved my bf pretty early on. After some debating, I picked a day where I was going to tell him first...he was staying with me for the weekend nd it was bedtime. We were half asleep when he turned to me and was like " I know this is random, but can I ask you a question?"

Me: sure
Bf: do you love me?
Me: *nervous laugh* actually, yes.

*silence*

Me: what made you ask me that?
Bf: well, I can feel it in my chest...Oh and I love you too.
Funny, SO and I were laying in bed. I wake up to find him gazing at me and we start talking. I don't remember what TF I said but then:

SO: "...and that's one of the reasons I love you."
Me: *shocked* *blinks* "You love me?"
SO: "I do. I love you."
Me: "I love you too."

I have a business trip coming up this week and I don't like parking my vehicle at the airport so I planned to take an Uber since my company promotes this as an option when we travel. SO asks me this morning about my flight times and I tell him and he says not to worry about Uber, he'll be my personal driver. He said he wants to be there to see me off and to pick me up when I land. He's so sweet.

Thank you for this link @ScorpioBeauty09 - I just ordered a personalized photo for our anniversary. It will arrive afterwards, but that's okay. It's one for baby's first year, but because you can personalize everything, I called it "Our First Year" and personalized it with 12 photos of our year together - from our trips to our nights out to time with family. Then I added a personalized whiskey glass so I could get free shipping. LOL Thank you again! He loves photos as much as I do so I know he's going to love this.
Great idea! I might have to steal it....hmmmm....:bighug:

@ScorpioBeauty09 - You've piqued my curiosity. Can you share any examples? We just hit the one-year mark too.
My mom said what she said because her biggest regret in her relationship/near 40 year marriage with my father is focusing solely on the baggage she was bringing into the marriage, and not examining his (because we all have it.) So when an unexpected event turned my family upside down 7 years ago, the fallout was very chaotic and we are forever changed. I say for the better but my mom feels had she examined my father's baggage more closely, then things would've played out differently. They're still married and in love but it's not about love but about all the things that go into a marriage. SO and I talk about getting married and having children almost daily now, so that's where that came from. :look:

The thing SO and I are dealing with are our different family dynamics. Last week something happened to remind us that our relationship isn't just us but our families too. :look:

Last edited:
I love reading you ladies stories. My relationship is fairly new and I love him. I have never met a man so attentive and is so honest.I used to be like @ckisland, always worried or feeling suspicious about something. Then I realize just allow things to flow, when I felt a certain way about something I said it. Once I learned how understanding and patient he is I knew we wouldn't have any problems. Just this past weekend we went out and did something I knew he loved (golf).. Not my thing I really just enjoyed watching him, seeing him in his element. I haven't questioned a single thing about him. If he only knew the smallest things he does has captured my heart. I was not feeling well when I spent the night at his home, he instantly got out of his sleep and got me some meds. I tossed and turned all night which he knows it not the norm for me, the moment I woke he asked if I was feeling any better. Sorry for the rambling. lol It is really amazing when a man appreciates all your quirks.

I love reading you ladies stories. My relationship is fairly new and I love him. I have never met a man so attentive and is so honest.I used to be like @ckisland, always worried or feeling suspicious about something. Then I realize just allow things to flow, when I felt a certain way about something I said it. Once I learned how understanding and patient he is I knew we wouldn't have any problems. Just this past weekend we went out and did something I knew he loved (golf).. Not my thing I really just enjoyed watching him, seeing him in his element. I haven't questioned a single thing about him. If he only knew the smallest things he does has captured my heart. I was not feeling well when I spent the night at his home, he instantly got out of his sleep and got me some meds. I tossed and turned all night which he knows it not the norm for me, the moment I woke he asked if I was feeling any better. Sorry for the rambling. lol It is really amazing when a man appreciates all your quirks.
I have countless similar stories with SO too, so I get it. :cloud9:

@ckisland
That's MEeeee!!!!! It will get better. Especially if you're busy managing your life. It took me years to experience but wow....when you're so busy focusing on YOU and YOUR life, chiiilllleeee....oh you didn't call today? I didn't even notice....lol But I so understand. My friends call me a spaz all day.

Soooo....I bought my tix to his family's turf down souf. Staying with his sissy and crashing the family vacation.
I'm very nervous. They told him they want to get me drunk and have me spill the tea about me and him.
Did you guys try to impress? I'm planning outfits, debating if I should blow dry my hair or twist out of braids since it's a beach vaca....what if they don't like me? They're all women except for father and brother and some lil' boy kids but the grown folk are all women! Good thing his mother is coming up next month so I can meet her before the sissies put their claws in me.

Our date last night started off rough but we ended up having a great time. I had my heart set on this one specific place, and then we get there and they closed three hours early for whatever reason. I was ready to call it a night but he insisted on finding something else. So we drove to midtown to this little hole in the wall spot and had the whole place to ourselves. :2inlove:

This morning he asked if I knew my ring size. Me: Why? Him: Just asking. :rolleyes:

Back