2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

So....white men stay trying to hit on me even when the boyfriend and I are together.

He said it’s starting to make him feel some kind of way as a black man and that they need to stick with their women and not feel entitled or confident to step to his black woman.

I get it but not much I can do about it.

What would your boyfriend do if he spent 4 hours driving to see his baby to start the weekend off with brunch and she ain’t ready?

:rolleyes:

I use to judge a man who would fight me to get in the kitchen. The way I saw it, he was trying to compete with my femininity. Immature me. :nono:

He can get it. The poonany and the pots. :lol: There’s nothing like waking up to what smells like pancakes with crispy edges, bacon, and the tea pot whistling.

I’m a bad girl but sometimes I feel like God really does hear my prayers

Things have been so frustrating lately. He's amazing when it comes to the grand huge gestures but when it comes to the little things he gets a big fat F. I don't understand how he's so clueless sometimes.

Last night I went out to a small house party that my coworker invited me to.
We talked a lot and somehow we got to the relationship/ family topics and it felt like he was feeling me out. I’m not sure how I feel about that. He’s very good looking but he’s still a coworker.
He’s offering to teach me something that I’m not good at and I can’t think of any reason than him wanting to see me outside of work.

I went on a date this afternoon (another guy) that was not great. He seems cheap and not marriage minded but I figured I’d give it one more shot before throwing him back.

Hopefully 2018 will be full of the good dates rather than bad.

Things have been so frustrating lately. He's amazing when it comes to the grand huge gestures but when it comes to the little things he gets a big fat F. I don't understand how he's so clueless sometimes.

He’s doing what he wants to do and what makes him feel good versus focusing on meeting your needs. And the big gestures are his security blanket for when you are upset so he can say you don’t appreciate all that he does. The little things, how you feel day to day, is very important. Stay focused on how you feel in the relationship: do you feel loved, safe, a priority, lovable?

He’s doing what he wants to do and what makes him feel good versus focusing on meeting your needs. And the big gestures are his security blanket for when you are upset so he can say you don’t appreciate all that he does. The little things, how you feel day to day, is very important. Stay focused on how you feel in the relationship: do you feel loved, safe, a priority, lovable?
For the bolded: yes, I do. It's not that he's mean or lazy, he's just... dumb. Lol. His idea of showing affection means buying lots of gifts and don't get me wrong, I love getting gifts. But that's not my primary love language, except I can't get him to read the stupid book! :mad:

*not my situation*

I just spent the last few minutes doing a FaceTime drive by with my witpipo friend. She’s dating a new guy and while she’s on the phone with me talking, he’s sending her cryptic text messages alluding to her possibly coming over but not being direct. So of course she suspects he’s not at home and decides to do a drive by :lol: WITH me on the phone!! Lordt I’ve never felt so stressed in my life about someone’s man. I’m on the phone praying this man be there because if not she is going to flip! WITH me on the phone!!

Apparently, his car wasn’t there but she said it could be in the garage. He’s in a gated community — gave her the entrance code to get in but she couldn’t get out :lol: Tell me why she screams “he’s calling me what should I do?!!” :nono:

I told her to answer but she keeps sending him to voicemail. As if he’s not going to want to know why she’s not answering.

She finally hung up with me so I’m waiting...

Dis tew much

For the bolded: yes, I do. It's not that he's mean or lazy, he's just... dumb. Lol. His idea of showing affection means buying lots of gifts and don't get me wrong, I love getting gifts. But that's not my primary love language, except I can't get him to read the stupid book! :mad:

There’s an online love language assessment that’s free. What about making it a date night activity?

*not my situation*

I just spent the last few minutes doing a FaceTime drive by with my witpipo friend. She’s dating a new guy and while she’s on the phone with me talking, he’s sending her cryptic text messages alluding to her possibly coming over but not being direct. So of course she suspects he’s not at home and decides to do a drive by :lol: WITH me on the phone!! Lordt I’ve never felt so stressed in my life about someone’s man. I’m on the phone praying this man be there because if not she is going to flip! WITH me on the phone!!

Apparently, his car wasn’t there but she said it could be in the garage. He’s in a gated community — gave her the entrance code to get in but she couldn’t get out :lol: Tell me why she screams “he’s calling me what should I do?!!” :nono:

I told her to answer but she keeps sending him to voicemail. As if he’s not going to want to know why she’s not answering.

She finally hung up with me so I’m waiting...

Dis tew much
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Keep us posted!

I'll make this my last post in here since this is regarding the last weekend in 2017. It was perfect.

The last xouple of days at work were stressful, which is unusual. But I made it through. Saturday morning I started off my bday by getting my hair pressed. Im finally grazing bsl. Went to union squarw to find knee/thigh high boots for my bday outfit. Not only did I find them, but I found another 2 pairs of coach boots thatvwill be replacing my broke down pleather boots from 2 years ago.

I was able to take a nap and had plenty of time to get ready for the night. My bf had planned dinner at a really nice restaurant. Our reservation was for 11:15pm. Despite it being so late, things turned out better than I thought.

The food was excellent, the decor was nice, and there were plenty of beautiful black folk there. I'd definitely go back.

My bday was simple, uneventful, but awesome. My bf's company was the cherry on top. Oh and he gifted me tix to see Chicago on Broadway :grin:

The next day we hosted an NYE party at my house. It went pretty well. He paid for most of it even though it was my party. Im truly appreciative of that. He made sure my weekend was greatand hes proving to be a great partner in my eyes. I already sensed that sbout him, but to experience it is something...else.

Things are good and we're definitely growing closer.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Keep us posted!

I’m not even taking this too the 2018 thread. All imma say is dis chick is not wyt I swear she isn’t because the stuff she has pulled be into has had me like :smh:

She has turned uber into private investigators! Called dudes while they are on dates with other women citing his charge card transactions for the date. Flew to Iraq for a dude and announced on their network that US did have weapons of mass destruction :lol: just to tarnish the dudes religious network gig. I cannot make this mess up! Lordt. Me and Jesus have wept for the past 4 years. But I keep rocking with her because she a good loyal friend.

So she just called me back after I told her I’m going to bed. So you know when I saw her name come up I knew somethings up. She done logged onto Facebook, noticed a girl liking his pictures so guess what she said she’s asking? Should she confront him. My answer was no because y’all only known each other a month. BUT she decides to text him and he doesn’t respond. Hangs up with me and she calls, he doesn’t answer. So now she’s stressing me asking do I think he’s mad! :rolleyes: I’m gonna rock with my girl and be up all night with her saying “this is bazar :blah::pullhair:

Ughh she’s scared and I hate seeing her again like this. I don’t miss these days

I’m not even taking this too the 2018 thread. All imma say is dis chick is not wyt I swear she isn’t because the stuff she has pulled be into has had me like :smh:

She has turned uber into private investigators! Called dudes while they are on dates with other women citing his charge card transactions for the date. Flew to Iraq for a dude and announced on their network that US did have weapons of mass destruction :lol: just to tarnish the dudes religious network gig. I cannot make this mess up! Lordt. Me and Jesus have wept for the past 4 years. But I keep rocking with her because she a good loyal friend.

So she just called me back after I told her I’m going to bed. So you know when I saw her name come up I knew somethings up. She done logged onto Facebook, noticed a girl liking his pictures so guess what she said she’s asking? Should she confront him. My answer was no because y’all only known each other a month. BUT she decides to text him and he doesn’t respond. Hangs up with me and she calls, he doesn’t answer. So now she’s stressing me asking do I think he’s mad! :rolleyes: I’m gonna rock with my girl and be up all night with her saying “this is bazar :blah::pullhair:

Ughh she’s scared and I hate seeing her again like this. I don’t miss these days

You have energy for this? Pffft.

You have energy for this? Pffft.

I’ve grown accustomed to it and her dating life. I’m like her sounding board however I grew into this. 2 years ago I was constantly battling with her about her self esteem and choice of men. There were times I would distance myself but I’ve learned to love and accept her for who she is.

Well good luck. I hope you get what you want and everything works out.

I was just watching a video on youtube, and the lady was telling women not to chase men, pretty straight forward. The salty men in the comments were saying that chasing is feminine, and therefore the woman is the one supposed to do the chasing. I don't understand how we got here. It doesn't make any sense.

Back