2018 Relationship And Dating Thread

(((Hugs))) @ScorpioBeauty09 I’m disappointed for you too. Sorry things aren’t working out how you hoped they would. New Year’s Eve is such a special night for couples and can be so fun.
Thank you.

Update: I spoke to SO and politely let him know my disappointment and irritation with the situation. He was uncomfortable with me driving back home so late too so he called his mother and got her to make space. I thanked SO but told him that wasn’t the point, I wasn’t anticipating making the drive in the first place. He said we’ll plan something better next year. I politely called BS and asked how when his mom does things so last minute? o_O This is precisely why you plan in advance. But I wished him a Happy New Years and said I’m disappointed we won’t be together.

Then he texted me back saying he could wait for me to get ready now and I could go with him. Well I wanted to work out today plus my sister could get left completely alone, she wasn’t anticipating going somewhere far, or she’d have to get ready right now which it’s still early morning. This is too last minute. But that we’ll do something tomorrow and he thanked me for being honest with him.

In the long run, one NYE is no big deal. My problem is the principle. Today it’s NYE, tomorrow it’s something bigger. I don’t want this to become a pattern. :nono2: If SO and I make plans for holidays or something else, I don’t want her disrupting things because of her abandonment issues. I understand not everyone plans in advance but I’m not going along with her madness, nor taking my family along into it. :nono:

Last edited:
@ScorpioBeauty09
Disclaimer, I don’t remember the timeline that well BUT the one thing that I remember in your story is that you really wanted to spend NYE with him. It also sounded like you made excuses for why it couldn’t happen like you didn’t want to drive, it was too last minute etc. so I’m just wondering how important was spending the night with him or is it more the reason for why it didn’t happen that’s more upsetting? Be clear (in your own mind) about what you’re really upset about because whatever the reason, it’s yours and it’s completely and ok.
And I agree with you that one NYE is no biggie. Enjoy today

SO and I had dinner last night. He was irritated with how everything went down because he was very tired and wasn’t really up for it. I felt bad for him because I actually had a relaxing NYE despite my irritation. :giggle: His mom intervening like this has caused problems with his previous girlfriends. He said we’ll make more solid plans in advance for future holidays and if his mom tries to interfere then he’ll tell her no.

Back