2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

I would reconsider keeping him around, even in a downgraded status. He’s a liar at worst, wishy washy and lukewarm at best.

That type of character serves no value in a healthy productive friendship-for-relationship/marriage.

He’s eligible to be dropped like Michael Vick.

Last edited:
I would reconsider keeping him around, even in a downgraded status. He’s a liar at worst, wishy washy and lukewarm at best.
Men respond to actions and actions alone.

If you told him once how you feel and expressed the level of commitment you’re willing to invest in, then let him marinate on it and leave him room to adjust up or down.

Continue moving forward and if he’s being purposeful and for you, he will chase and make every effort not to let his mouth or actions ruin an opportunity with you.

Best of luck and yes, don’t settle and only you know what settling means for you.

I'm not sure how to do that this time. I'm giving him the side eye as I type this.

Being real with yourself and you don’t have to post or share, what’s preventing you?

You acknowledged NappyNelle deserves better, so really look at the barriers to decide if they are truly barriers and there’s no way out or you truly can let him go but you’re choosing to settle until what you say vs. what you mean have equal weight.

I’m not judging. On a more globalize level, I’ve been where you are now and had to learn how to uphold my boundaries, as they are a reflection of my self worth.

Hugs x5

Just got back from date night & I seriously can't wait to marry this man and have all his babies lol. It's just a beautiful thing to witness God moving in our relationship. More thoughts later, that's all I have right now Bc I'm sleepy :lachen: but I had just had to get that out somewhere. Goodnight ladies!

So it’s been about a year and a few months since me and BF added the label of BF/GF to our friendship. We agreed that building a friendship first before anything else is best, however in doing so we learned that we didnt really know or understand what true friendship (with the opposite sex of interest) meant and the boundaries there in. However, we’ve worked to genuinely learn how to be better friends, even since adding the labels, and not acquiesce.

So last night we had a date after being apart for a week and it was as electrifying as our 2nd date. We picked at yet another great restaurant and had a super satisfying slumber party.

There’s always one topic he and I dialogue about and last nights was about suppression in a relationship. His thought and compliment was he appreciated how I’ve created an environment where he feels comfortable not suppressing his needs and desires. How it’s been empowering and adding to his masculinity, which deepens his bond with me. He said “you have my heart and I can’t see no other woman who I’d want to give it to”.

Talk about making a woman blush. We were using a zero center meter scale is a perfect example of selfishness and the impact of negative and positive flows from external influences.

He is so delightful to me.

I think the honeymoon is over....but I'm okay with it. Things are real and love is real. We're both really contemplating if we can do this for the long haul. Our conversations are serious but intentional. I can honestly say I have never felt this way about anyone in my life.

I am also single again thanks to the encouragement of @hopeful and @007PMP.

I come first.

Good for you and (((hugs))). I know that wasn’t easy for you but now you get to go into the new year with a clean slate. He showed you who he was and you believed him, chose to not wait around for him to disappoint you even more, and waste even more of your precious time.

I’m trying to convince him to get a little dog. I can’t have a pet in my place but just realized he can have one at his.

Attempted to barter and offer up more BJ’s, this ninja had the nerve to say “More?!! I get it whenever I want already! Come up with something else.” :rolleyes: (Spoiled lil faulker)

I have nothing else to use for negotiation...so I might get the dog and then ask him to dogsit every week until the weekends :lol:

Last edited:
So surprised at how thoughtful and attentive my SO was regarding my Christmas gifts. In addition to the Fossil watch I asked for, he got me a new cookware set and a gift card from Bath and Body works.

It may not appear to be much, but I wasnt expecting the additional gifts. He has been meeting and exceeding my expectations so far.

We had a great Christmas! We went to my parents house first, then his moms, then his dads. We got great gifts! :lol: my mom gave me a new luggage set and some bath and body works stuff. She also gave us a cute tree ornament with our picture on it! His mom gave me an ion/tourmaline blow dryer, a rechargeable makeup brush cleaner, and the car emergency kit I asked for lol. Last and this year, she asked me for 3 things I wanted and she'd pick 1 to get me. But she got all 3 this year! I was very surprised! His grandma gave me $25 and his dad gave me $100!

His aunt is really excited for us. She kept saying I can't wait for you (me) to take over :lol: His dad was saying how he's glad I'll be in charge of the cleaning cuz he don't understand how it gets like that :lol:

We were talking about stocks and saving money and at some point FH is like yea dad you should talk to her about saving money cuz she's bad at that. I'm like ummm no no no I'm not, not at all. Then I started talking about the thousands of dollars in stock I've made in less than a year :look: and FH was salty and was like why didn't you tell me about these companies since you know I invest in the stock market? :lol: he so stupid. He really think I'm bad with money cuz I spend his all the time. Idiot :lol:

His cousin put me on to moviepass! Y'all ever heard of this?

So surprised at how thoughtful and attentive my SO was regarding my Christmas gifts. In addition to the Fossil watch I asked for, he got me a new cookware set and a gift card from Bath and Body works.

It may not appear to be much, but I wasnt expecting the additional gifts. He has been meeting and exceeding my expectations so far.

If memory serves me right, you two have been together for several months now, right?
I'm so happy things are working out for you :yep:.

Back