2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

Hi ladies-
I'm normal again...last week was a rough one for me. I borrowed a friend's dog that we both enjoy so we've been taking long hikes with it. Fun. Thank you.

Do ya'll feel pressure to make the most of this time? Like new business ideas, hair goals, body goals. I feel the pressure...since I already have a business idea that I'm working on, I feel pressure to launch NOW when I have folks attention more. Feelings are all over the place. If this continues into the summer time, I can enjoy some sun for sure!
I missed my grandmother's 105th bday but the neighbors sang happy birthday to her from the lawn far away, kids wrote on the sidewalk etc. It was sweet.
Before this started I was in the middle of career coaching and about to begin informational interviews. That has been derailed. A lot of the occupations I'm leaning towards, are directly impacted by the pandemic. The longer it goes on, the more it bleeds into other fields as well and others in this program are going through the same thing.

I saw the same or similar post @Miss_Luna did and I agree. I felt pressure at first but I've turned my energy inward, digging deep into my anxiety-depression, self-doubt. My program has a module on that and it was perfect timing. That's not to say I'm not reaching out to people and looking at possible positions but I'm not putting pressure on myself to do more than I feel up to. I still have a current position from home, I started blogging again, I'm trying to keep exercising and eating right, checking in with my friends etc.

My goal is to have a changed mindset when this is over. Confidence is my biggest issue and I'm using this time to build myself up internally. A major part of that is being kind to myself, not putting pressure on myself to do things that seem more outwardly productive.

Last edited:
SO's grandmother died a couple weeks ago. Not from covid-19 but it was still a shock and unexpected. Especially because she lived in another country and it's not like SO and his mom could travel for the funeral and to say goodbye. The really sad thing is right before SIP, SO had asked me to travel with him to meet her, and now that won't happen. :(

But a couple nights ago, SO told me he dreamt that I met her, he doesn't remember much else but it made him happy. Which made me happy. :infatuated:

Also my dad was hospitalized a couple weeks ago, but not for covid-19. He's been home for a while and is a lot better but we were still worried about him. My mom and I both worried we'd get phone calls saying something happened and he died. At the same time we found out we had mold under our house and had our kitchen taken apart so the abatement company can clean it. Good news is home insurance should cover most of the costs, including extras like us ordering out because cooking is more difficult right now. But it's been a rough couple weeks, in addition to not having SO.

@ScorpioBeauty09 - My condolences to you and SO. This COVID-19 nightmare has been rough to say the least. I'm glad that you and SO are able to stay connected throughout all of this. Praying that your dad's health improves too.

We have our challenges here too. My guy has a health issue that requires immediate surgery this week. I'm praying all goes well and that he won't be exposed to the virus. I am his person so I will get the call once his surgery is completed and the updates on his health. We are praying that he will be able to come home within 36 hours to continue recovering.

@ScorpioBeauty09 - My condolences to you and SO. This COVID-19 nightmare has been rough to say the least. I'm glad that you and SO are able to stay connected throughout all of this. Praying that your dad's health improves too.

We have our challenges here too. My guy has a health issue that requires immediate surgery this week. I'm praying all goes well and that he won't be exposed to the virus. I am his person so I will get the call once his surgery is completed and the updates on his health. We are praying that he will be able to come home within 36 hours to continue recovering.
Thank you.

And prayers for your SO that his surgery is successful, with no complications and he has a swift recovery.

SO has been home a week since his surgery. He's feeling good and back to his hyper, energetic self. He's off for a few more weeks so we're maximizing this time together. We've gotten through this together, which has taken our relationship to another plateau. It's so interesting to reflect back and see how close we've become.

I was talking to this guy I met at carnival over whatsapp for a while.
tbh I talked to him for too long. I wasnt interested. I was bored.
the wild homophobia and full on conspiracy theories made me pull the plug though..
whew tooo much

SO and I have been doing a couples workshop on Zoom for the past few weeks and it's been great but intense. We're looking at a 2021 wedding, so we've been discussing our expectations and fears about marriage, and our places of incompatibility. We were about to start pre-engagement counseling with my priest before SIP. Now that things have settled into the new normal I'm going to see about setting up a virtual session.

SO and I have been doing a couples workshop on Zoom for the past few weeks and it's been great but intense. We're looking at a 2021 wedding, so we've been discussing our expectations and fears about marriage, and our places of incompatibility. We were about to start pre-engagement counseling with my priest before SIP. Now that things have settled into the new normal I'm going to see about setting up a virtual session.

Oh if you don't mind me asking, what organization is featuring the couple's Zoom workshop? This is exactly what I'm looking for my relationship. I'm in the Atlanta area, but neither my boyfriend or I have a church home, and we live in different cities in the state.

Last edited:
Oh if you don't mind me asking, what organization is featuring the couple's Zoom workshop? This is exactly what I'm looking for my relationship. I'm in the Atlanta area, but neither my boyfriend or I have a church home, and we live in different cities in the state.
Hey I'm trying to send you a PM but it says I can't.

On one hand, this time is great for really getting to know someone.
But on the other hand, it sucks not being able to see that person and spend time with them.

That's where I'm at right now.
Sis. Dude I'm trying to get on my team wanted to come over and in a moment of weakness I said yes :look: I mean, I came to my senses in the morning and cancelled but trust, that was a rough (and lonely) night's sleep :cry4:

Sis. Dude I'm trying to get on my team wanted to come over and in a moment of weakness I said yes :look: I mean, I came to my senses in the morning and cancelled but trust, that was a rough (and lonely) night's sleep :cry4:

Girl....there have been several times where I have been like "Seeing him one time won't hurt..." but the reality of the situation keeps me at the house. The struggle is too real!

COVID-19 induced long distance relationship and I was talking about a business idea and he says “you are boring”. I was so shocked and this is the first time I hear this from a guy I have dated for 2 years. Is it current situation?

COVID-19 induced long distance relationship and I was talking about a business idea and he says “you are boring”. I was so shocked and this is the first time I hear this from a guy I have dated for 2 years. Is it current situation?

Are you saying you've dating this man for 2 years and now he calls you "boring"? What is up with that? How long is your distance?

Stepped in to say that my guy and I are still doing well. We're coming up on our one-year anniversary when we considered ourselves "official". It happens to be the weekend of my birthday. Last year, he took me to Malibu. This year in the age of COVID-19, we are venturing to one of his cabins in OK. I'd rather be on a beach with him, but as long as I am with him it doesn't matter.

His lack of business travel due to the pandemic and moreover, his cancer surgery/recovery have really brought us together and given us a lot of time to connect and strengthen our relationship. We're not perfect, but we're perfect for each other.

Back