2017 Relationship And Dating Thread

I'm reading through my old posts in the single ladies thread (I like to do this sometimes, it's fun). The 2 guys that I casually dated before SO, that I actually liked for a while, were engaged before. Well, one said he'd bought the ring and was about to propose but then something happened so he didn't. The other one was actually engaged and they broke it off cuz it wasn't working out. This concerns me about my situation :(

I'm reading through my old posts in the single ladies thread (I like to do this sometimes, it's fun). The 2 guys that I casually dated before SO, that I actually liked for a while, were engaged before. Well, one said he'd bought the ring and was about to propose but then something happened so he didn't. The other one was actually engaged and they broke it off cuz it wasn't working out. This concerns me about my situation :(

Oh no, why??

I did try the ring on again the other day, just to make sure it still fit cuz I've gained about 10lbs since we got me sized :lol: it still fit :D

"You know I'm not getting any smaller" is just as valid as "I'm not getting any younger", right? :lol:

Sike but I am getting smaller. I am! :cry3:

I did try the ring on again the other day, just to make sure it still fit cuz I've gained about 10lbs since we got me sized :lol: it still fit :D

"You know I'm not getting any smaller" is just as valid as "I'm not getting any younger", right? :lol:

Sike but I am getting smaller. I am! :cry3:
@qchelle
wayment, he still has it in the same place and has no idea you know about it?

Babe wants to role play this week. He wants me to wear white coat, glasses and carry a clipboard. I’m a clinical scientist so....basically my day job. Lol. I’ll take home a clean coat, clipboard and I already wear glasses. Maybe will take home a stethoscope too.

Does it mean that he finds what I do sexy? I guess. :rolleyes:

I feel so used. I recently broke up with my boyfriend. I was dating a man from my church, who i knew back from college.. He sent me a message on fb each year, for 8 years, but i would tell him that i was in a relationship, which i was. This past February, he messaged me and i happened to be single. He made me feel so good...would constantly compliment me, tell me how he wanted to marry me after maybe a week or two of dating, bought me gifts, swept me off my feet like i had never been treated before...made me feel like he was my true soul mate. He gave me so much attention, would want to see me and called me often. Always wanted to hold my hand wherever we went. I now realize that this is called love bombing. Eventually, the calls stopped being as frequent, he didnt want to see me as much, i would barely get any affection, i would feel so lonely in the relationship, and he no longer talked about our future. I guess this was considered what is called the devaluation stage. I broke up with him a week ago, after talking to God. He had all the signs of a narcissist from day one, but i tried not to believe it....he always had to be the center of attention, not very empathetic, etc., but i stayed because i loved him and i would try to turn a blind eye to what was going on in the relationship.

Last edited:
I would like to warn you ladies that if you start dating someone and something in your gut does not feel right, trust it and run. Do not sit up there and try to rationalize your gut feelings or his behavior, like i did. Also, please be weary of a charming man who very quickly tries to make you feel like you are his soulmate, telling you he wants to marry you and gives you over the top attention like you've never experienced before, calling and texting constantly and buys you gifts, and often mirroring you... this is a major red flag of love bombing, which is narcissistic behavior. Please be careful ladies.... this is a bad experience to have. I just want to reach out and warn you so that this doesnt happen to any of you

I feel so used. I recently broke up with my boyfriend. I was dating a man from my church, who i knew back from college.. He sent me a message on fb each year, for 8 years, but i would tell him that i was in a relationship, which i was. This past February, he messaged me and i happened to be single. He made me feel so good...would constantly compliment me, tell me how he wanted to marry me after maybe a week or two of dating, bought me gifts, swept me off my feet like i had never been treated before...made me feel like he was my true soul mate. He gave me so much attention, would want to see me and called me often. Always wanted to hold my hand wherever we went. I now realize that this is called love bombing. Eventually, the calls stopped being as frequent, he didnt want to see me as much, i would barely get any affection, i would feel so lonely in the relationship, and he no longer talked about our future. I guess this was considered what is called the devaluation stage. I broke up with him a week ago, after talking to God. He had all the signs of a narcissist from day one, but i tried not to believe it....he always had to be the center of attention, not very empathetic, etc., but i stayed because i loved him and i would try to turn a blind eye to what was going on in the relationship.

:huggle: How long were yall together?

I loved so hard guys...im just gonna try and focus on school and getting back closer to God. You know what else ive learned, you cant always trust peoples word about someone. I was kinda weary/ nervous about him in the beggining. However, my church friend told me how great of a guy he was. Plus everyone loved him...hes extremely charming and popular. People would never believe me if i told them that i was experiencing emotional abuse in the relationship.

I loved so hard guys...im just gonna try and focus on school and getting back closer to God. You know what else ive learned, you cant always trust peoples word about someone. I was kinda weary/ nervous about him in the beggining. However, my church friend told me how great of a guy he was. Plus everyone loved him...hes extremely charming and popular. People would never believe me if i told them that i was experiencing emotional abuse in the relationship.

I'm sorry that you went through that and I'm glad you had the strength to walk away. Be specific in your prayers for a mate. Not for God's sake, but for yours. The must haves for a Christian man are a heart for Christ, a teachable spirit, integrity, and the knowledge, desire, and ability to cover you.

I'm sorry that you went through that and I'm glad you had the strength to walk away. Be specific in your prayers for a mate. Not for God's sake, but for yours. The must haves for a Christian man are a heart for Christ, a teachable spirit, integrity, and the knowledge, desire, and ability to cover you.

Thank you for your encouraging words. Great advice... These are some really good things to pray to God for in a mate.

Back