Official Single and Sexy Thread 2009....

Well, I will be going into 2010 single. This year has been a year of revelation and growth for me personally. It’s been a rough road with so many lessons but at the same time with those lessons, there are gifts. I’m truly finding out who I really am and above all else, I’m learning self love and self acceptance and it shows because things, circumstances and people around me are changing. The dates that I’ve had are not the ‘typical” guy that I would date. The typical guy for me was the player, unemotional type guy. I’ve been going to therapy and it’s been amazing the things that I’ve found out about myself. This quote describes what I’ve been going through and where I am now:

"The spiritual journey does not consist in arriving at a new destination where a person gains what he did not have, or becomes what he is not. It consists in the dissipation of one's own ignorance concerning one's self and life, and the gradual growth of that understanding which begins the spiritual awakening. The finding of God is a coming to one’s self. “

So, I’m still on this path but I’ve noticed my aura is changing and new things are coming my way…good things. I’ve come to terms with being single and enjoying this phase that I’m in. I have my bad days when I feel lonely but then I look at what I DO have and thank God for that. I really believe that someone will come into my life when I’m ready. I still have more work to do as far as self acceptance goes but I’ve come a long way.

So..I’m going into the 2010 with hope and a positive mind set.

Dodie, this is wonderful. I love to hear stories of personal growth:grin:

Back