Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

I have lost 55 pounds since april 2013. It feels so good to get back into my clothes and feel sexy.

My confidence has sky rocketed and im more aware of my body, more in control.

And for me this has always been true: i feel more senusual when i exercise. I also.make sure i listen to music that makes me feel senusal and sexy.

DH has noticed the difference too. My enegry has changed, so many people are chatting with me when im out and about now.

I have lost 55 pounds since april 2013. It feels so good to get back into my clothes and feel sexy. My confidence has sky rocketed and im more aware of my body, more in control. And for me this has always been true: i feel more senusual when i exercise. I also.make sure i listen to music that makes me feel senusal and sexy. DH has noticed the difference too. My enegry has changed, so many people are chatting with me when im out and about now.

brownb83, congrats on the weight loss.

This thread has been just what I needed to get up out of this slump. I've been gaining some of the weight I lost back, but its time to get back on track.

Great info ladies. I don't quite see myself as that quiz does, but it was cool nonetheless.

"You are the Coquette... brilliant, alluring, aloof. When you walk by, others swoon, except you're more likely to be carried on your dias by young admirers than walking. Everyone wants you, and you will use this power to your utmost advantage. After all, you know that the most tantalizing thing is what no one can have.

Symbol: the Shadow

Famous Historical Coquettes: Andy Warhol, Josephine de Beauharnais (lover of Napoleon Bonaparte)"

aarrrgggh I need visuals - Anyone have any youtube videos of women moving talking carrying themselves mysteriously in a sensual manner? I still find myself walking with my head down but ironically it attracts attention cause i'm concentrating on my walk lol

I need to play around with my makeup and hair more...unfortunately my skin still needs alot of improvement...just ordered ProActiv

aarrrgggh I need visuals - Anyone have any youtube videos of women moving talking carrying themselves mysteriously in a sensual manner? I still find myself walking with my head down but ironically it attracts attention cause i'm concentrating on my walk lol

I need to play around with my makeup and hair more...unfortunately my skin still needs alot of improvement...just ordered ProActiv

Off the top of my head, Mya surprisingly comes to mind. If you watch her yt interview videos, she is very flirty, girly, coquettish. She tends to drive men wild,lol.

I say get examples but make everything you do fit for you. It will come off authentic.

thank you RegaLady - that is tooo funny you mentioned Mya...ppl used to tell me I look like her and i really dont but i think its more i remind ppl of her...atleast when she did that Whoa video lol

keish33- thank you for the video....hmm and she speaking using French terms too...let me practice as my Haitian Creole is barely passing lol

Do any ladies here have a recommendations for a jacket to wear when it's rainy and a little cool? Something pretty and feminine? I refuse to wear anything that's geared towards sports like windbreakers or anything that makes a sound like plastic when you walk.

CurlyMoo

I think you were being self conscious. Sounds like you were slaying and feeling good, but then started over analysing a couple of comments.

I felt like an older woman trying to be a little girl not a sensual woman.

Do you think all the guys giving you the eye and trying to flirt saw you as a little girl they just want to play hopscotch with lol?

Experiment with your presentation by all means. However, it *seems* from your story that you were comfortable with your choice until these two comments. This suggests to me that working on your internal confidence is more pertinent atm. I wrote another post further back, but I think when changing presentation one should still stick with what makes you feel good and radiate, rather than what you think you should wear.

The very first compliment my SO gave me back when we were associates was that I looked "so cute" one day. Even though I was very connected with my sensuality/sexuality at the time I didn't over analyse it. As a sensual, confident woman, take compliments. Say thank you and KIM. :yep:

Later I found out that cute is very important to SO, as much as sex appeal. Yes, he found me very sensual and "hot" (:rolleyes:) but having a cute type face also made me more of a catch in his eyes and also it's a more appropriate compliment for the situation:lol:. I think this is a good example of the benefits of not reading into things too much.

JMO, but I don't think there is an automatic cute vs sensual unless you make it so. They are not divorced. Halle Berry and Janet Jackson had the cute factor back in the day, but were still seen as sensual women. Same now with Mila Kunis, Jessica Alba, Kylie Minogue etc.. Mya has been mentioned too and she always had a cute/sexy factor in her promos. Stacey Dash had cuteness too. Really harnessing the two can be one of the killer combinations imo.

Throwing in a pic of Garcelle with a flower :look:

flower_article.jpg

Do any ladies here have a recommendations for a jacket to wear when it's rainy and a little cool? Something pretty and feminine? I refuse to wear anything that's geared towards sports like windbreakers or anything that makes a sound like plastic when you walk.

How about a trench, or mac?

I'm currently wearing this with a white leopard print scarf. I think designs with thicker materials would be better for heavy rain though.

$T2eC16JHJIQE9qUHrVqFBRmNztdsWw~~60_35.JPG

trench-coats12.jpg

Was I being a bit too self conscious or did I have a right to be embarrassed? Can anyone explain or discuss the cute factor vs sensual alluring woman?

Hmm, I think you're being entirely too self conscious. Don't base the way you feel about yourself on other people's diction. Perhaps they're just people who don't know how to express themselves properly and "cute" is the best they can do, yet you've allowed it to take a toll on your self confidence.

The question is: How were you feeling on the inside when you looked at yourself in the mirror and when you left the house? You need to register that and that's the feeling that you should hold throughout the day - no matter what anyone else says. You can use the complements to boost that through the day. - Ultimately for me, I know (and like!!) what I see in the mirror so anything that anyone says that doesn't sit well with me, I absolutely KNOW in my head is a lie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Case in point: Marilyn Monroe could probably wear a piece of poo on her head, and men would still be fawning over her. Beauty radiates from in the inside out.

I'm currently wearing this with a white leopard print scarf. I think designs with thicker materials would be better for heavy rain though.

trench-coats12.jpg

Thanks, Love. That's a good idea. It doesn't really pour down much here, but we do get showers. Since I don't have a car yet, that means I'm often exposed to the elements. I need something light because "cold" here means it's in the high 60's. I might get a water-repellent trench and have it waterproofed.

trench-coats12.jpg

Yes!!

I have this in black :yep: I wear it all the time since the weather has warmed up a bit. Most of my coats, jackets are A line, flare with a nipped waist.

0e695e279bc35df378a0bfdebadc8951.jpg

Last edited:

@Enyo, I love my trench coat.

ETA: I just realized others recommended trench coats too. :lol: Great minds................

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
    images[1].jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 63
@CurlyMoo

I think you were being self conscious. Sounds like you were slaying and feeling good, but then started over analysing a couple of comments.

Do you think all the guys giving you the eye and trying to flirt saw you as a little girl they just want to play hopscotch with lol?

Experiment with your presentation by all means. However, it *seems* from your story that you were comfortable with your choice until these two comments. This suggests to me that working on your internal confidence is more pertinent atm. I wrote another post further back, but I think when changing presentation one should still stick with what makes you feel good and radiate, rather than what you think you should wear.

LOVE the bolded!! I remember you told me something like this.

I think we can get caught up in what is suppose to make us look and feel feminine and for many it doesn't resonate with us. I think it is very important to stick with what makes you feel your best:yep:

It reminds me of a conversation I was having with Dh when I told him that I was tired of growing my hair out,lol. He said, he never knew why I tried to because he did not meet me that way. He liked my hair shorter (SL) and didn't think I should've change it. Well go figure. Yes, there is a look, act that is suppose to look feminine, cute, or beautiful, but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. How you feel and what makes you shine your brightest is what I think people see.

Lucie, that trench is everything. Love it!

Ladies I need a bit of help. I have been regressing but now that baby is out I am trying to get back in the saddle. My body has changed quite a bit and I am finding more fitted dresses are a must now. The problem I am having is I don't have wow dress worthy shoes. Before I wore loose dresses and flats but that won't fly now with this bust. Can you ladies point me in the right direction to find low to mid heel height shoes. Think shoes that would look good with more clingy/fitted dresses. I stand all day and refuse to attempt to wear high heels or pointy toes for the sake of my sanity. Thanks dolls!

TracyNicole, thank you! You can try wedges and peep toes. My heels are between 3.5 - 4" but there are still a lot of flattering looking shoes at the height you desire.

FemmeFatale You don't have to ask me twice for munchkin photos:)

Lucie Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will try a pair of wedges first. I haven't worn a wedge in ages!

Ladies size 10 and up, I signed up for GwynnieBee. It's a clothing rental service and they have tons of dresses. If you have trouble getting out to shop or get bored easily you might enjoy. I quite like what I have gotten so far and I like not having to commit since I'm still shedding baby weight. Just thought I would share:)

Attachments

• image-4275690313.jpg
    image-4275690313.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1218640957.jpg
    image-1218640957.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1282103372.jpg
    image-1282103372.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 95
Love the trenches:grin:...Just got the email in my feed and i'm like oh let me post a trench...and of course you ladies beat me!!!:clubu:

TracyNicole- how precious!!! what a cutie!! Congrats!!

I need to find a good tailor as I want my trench coat to be more fitted since it isnt a flare skirt!!

Where are all the Trench's?
I tried on several trench coats at Carsons and was a bit disappointed.
Not much of a selection and I don't have a tiny waist for a belted look.
I'm convinced that blue is my color. And a navy blue too.

The tan ones didn't look right on me. I would have to go with either a cream or blue.
Not really going for black even though they had a lot of those.

Last edited:
@ Sumra

Do you mind posting a photo of yourself in the navy blue coat? What does the back look like? I am seriously considering getting one. It's gorgeous. But it's sold out. :( BTW, one website says it's 97% cotton and another says 97% polyester. Which is it?

Did you order it from the UK?

I am trying to decide between that one and this one:

8487464_fpx.tif

Both are very feminine and stylish but the one you posted has a bit more sophistication which is what I am looking for. I'm really digging the buckle on the lower sleeve on the 2nd one. Also trying to figure out which one is best for big boobs.

Last edited:
Back