Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

Well, ladies, I am now hula dancing. I completed my first hula dance class this morning. It was awesome!! Getting the mind and body to work and become more body aware is amazing! I have slowed down rigourous workouts and decided to get my workouts through dance. The instructor told me how to hold my feet and she said she could tell I was a dancer. It was destined to be:grin:.

I want to join a halau when I'm done school. I'm just so busy now!

I'm pretty sure I took a hula class in college and had a lot of fun. I may be stealing your dance for each season idea.

I've been reading the Art of Seduction and I'm learning a lot. There is a "playfully" deceptive/manipulative air to fully seducing someone...creating a fantasy of your "victim's" deepest desires. I'm not sure if I'm that intent in seducing someone, but there's a LOT a person can learn from this book about how to be more charismatic, charming, attractive. I'm actually taking notes and reforming my behavior/personality as I see fit.

Two things I'd like to start doing include having more fun with my hair and attending my rec center's belly dancing classes. I can be really rigid with my hairstyles--buns, buns, buns. I could play around with my flexi rod set, or even just wear my twist outs, side braids, etc. These styles could help me feel a lot more feminine and interesting. As for belly dancing, I just have to find a way to squeeze it into my schedule and stick to attending regularly.

I've been reading the Art of Seduction and I'm learning a lot. There is a "playfully" deceptive/manipulative air to fully seducing someone...creating a fantasy of your "victim's" deepest desires. I'm not sure if I'm that intent in seducing someone, but there's a LOT a person can learn from this book about how to be more charismatic, charming, attractive. I'm actually taking notes and reforming my behavior/personality as I see fit.

Two things I'd like to start doing include having more fun with my hair and attending my rec center's belly dancing classes. I can be really rigid with my hairstyles--buns, buns, buns. I could play around with my flexi rod set, or even just wear my twist outs, side braids, etc. These styles could help me feel a lot more feminine and interesting. As for belly dancing, I just have to find a way to squeeze it into my schedule and stick to attending regularly.

@spellinto

YESSSSSSS!! And if that is your hair in the pic, you will benefit alot!:yep::grin:

I am wearing my hair out alot now and I feel a different kind of energy than when I was wearing my buns. For me, I feel more free now. I can't explain it. But my energy is more buzzy. I notice I get more looks too, not that it matters.

@spellinto

YESSSSSSS!! And if that is your hair in the pic, you will benefit alot!:yep::grin:

I am wearing my hair out alot now and I feel a different kind of energy than when I was wearing my buns. For me, I feel more free now. I can't explain it. But my energy is more buzzy. I notice I get more looks too, not that it matters.

Yep that was my biggest reason for learning how to care for my hair. I wanted it to look good and wear it down 95% of the time. And i wanted it to smell good.

What i am about to say isnt PC but... hair is a huge part of feminity. Its alluring sexy and attracts people to you.

Every other race of women constanly toy and use their hair to draw attention to their feminity.

When im at the gym or out and about i notice women playing or tossing their hair all the time.

Lol im bad yall but a few months ago i had a hair tossing contest with a WW. We were in the strecthing area and boy she saw me and started tossing and fliping so i did to :look:

Checkmate!

Yep that was my biggest reason for learning how to care for my hair. I wanted it to look good and wear it down 95% of the time. And i wanted it to smell good.

What i am about to say isnt PC but... hair is a huge part of feminity. Its alluring sexy and attracts people to you.

Every other race of women constanly toy and use their hair to draw attention to their feminity.

When im at the gym or out and about i notice women playing or tossing their hair all the time.

Lol im bad yall but a few months ago i had a hair tossing contest with a WW. We were in the strecthing area and boy she saw me and started tossing and fliping so i did to :look:

Checkmate!

brownb83: I agree that hair is a huge part of a feminine appearance, even if it's not a defining factor in femininity itself :yep:...Buns can be sleek and elegant, or fun and flirty... but when they're worn all day every day, they start to look lazy, even if they are styled. Personally I feel like I'm at a little bit of a disadvantage when I'm wearing a bun amongst so many beautiful heads of free-flowing hair ! I would say this applies to all hair textures too...I have a best friend that wears her 4b/c fro in pretty bantu knot-outs with flowers in her hair, and I just feel so weird having so much hair stuffed up in a homely looking bun when I'm around her!

The book I was talking about, The Art of Seduction, encourages the idea of playing with your look and not getting stuck in one style or "identity"...I think changing my hairstyles is a step in the right direction.

So I saw this and thought it would fit

I'll paste the text.

Men categorize women in one of four ways:
Mothers, virgins, sl*ts and b*tches.
Of course none of the above is suitable for the modern business woman.
But you can create your own image by selecting pieces of each archetype that work for you.
The sexual attractiveness of the sl*t.
The wisdom of the mother.
The integrity of the virgin.
The independence of the *****.
This leaves men confused and unable to pigeonhole you.
What they are forced to do instead is take you seriously.

So I saw this and thought it would fit

I'll paste the text.

Men categorize women in one of four ways:
Mothers, virgins, sl*ts and b*tches.
Of course none of the above is suitable for the modern business woman.
But you can create your own image by selecting pieces of each archetype that work for you.
The sexual attractiveness of the sl*t.
The wisdom of the mother.
The integrity of the virgin.
The independence of the *****.
This leaves men confused and unable to pigeonhole you.
What they are forced to do instead is take you seriously.

ladysaraii - Yes hunty! i love this... this forum has definitely instilled a lot of wisdom and i'm working on the integrity part tho :lol:

I'm finally reading that gentlewoman book. I think everyone in this threat is a bit advanced for it. But did anybody else read it? Thoughts?

I'm finally reading that gentlewoman book. I think everyone in this threat is a bit advanced for it. But did anybody else read it? Thoughts?

I read some of it, I need to come back to it. But I liked what I read. And I'm certainly not too advanced lol, I'm still doing a lot of work on these techniques

Yeah it had good info but nothing ground breaking. I can appreciate good advice and a brush up on some things. But I agree, after reading some heavy reads, his book coats the surface,lol.

Finished "The Art of Seduction!" I think it would benefit me most to pursue the role of the Coquette. There are traits about the Coquette that I have naturally--like sweetness and allure--and parts that could elevate my "seductiveness" if I work on strengthening them, like exercising delayed gratification and even infusing a bit of coldness/"heartless" detachment towards others, especially in intimate relationships. Some parts were difficult to get through, but overall I really liked this book. I took a lot of notes! :)

Checkmate!

I noticed this during my trip to Colombia. I only saw a few women there with short hair.

I am so glad I found this thread. This thread is absolutely amazing. Huge thanks to all of the contributors. 2014 is going to be fantastic for me.

I need more color and vibrancy in my wardrobe. Yesterday I wore a plain gray dress layered with a cardigan in almost the same shade of gray, layered with a darker gray jacket and black tights & boots. :ohwell: Luckily spring's around the corner so I can stock up on some prettier hues!

spellinto I am a Coquette too as per The Art of Seduction and applying a few tips. It was a great book IMHO. I agree with your review.

It doesn't have to be spring to add color to your wardrobe. I have emeralds, ruby, cobalt, mustards, pumpkin, et cetera. I hate wearing too many dark colors. :D

I need more color and vibrancy in my wardrobe. Yesterday I wore a plain gray dress layered with a cardigan in almost the same shade of gray, layered with a darker gray jacket and black tights & boots. :ohwell: Luckily spring's around the corner so I can stock up on some prettier hues!

Say it taint so lol. I feel depressed reading this outfit description:lol: j/k

I love grey stuff, but usually accessorize with a bold colour/colours. Usually turquoise (scarf, jewellery etc...). Red, purple, or pea green would also look cute. :)

I do tend to end up buying black, or grey coats in Autumn and winter though so I went for navy this year. I like it hehe

Finished "The Art of Seduction!" I think it would benefit me most to pursue the role of the Coquette. There are traits about the Coquette that I have naturally--like sweetness and allure--and parts that could elevate my "seductiveness" if I work on strengthening them, like exercising delayed gratification and even infusing a bit of coldness/"heartless" detachment towards others, especially in intimate relationships. Some parts were difficult to get through, but overall I really liked this book. I took a lot of notes! :)

The Coquette isn't my primary type, but I do want to incorporate elements. These are the things I need to work on, b/c I get it all backwards. I can be sweet and cold at the wrong times.

Unconcerned Detachment is going to be my biggest challenge/goal

Yeah, I know I am the Coquette. I may have taken the test wrong or something, but I know I am, lol. It was the only archetype while reading the book, I fully identified with.

I took the test before and got coquette. I haven't read the book, but the excerpts fit.

Only thing that's a bit different is I'm usually warm at the same time as being cool/detached. The idea of hot then cold (and so on...) doesn't really describe me.

I find this thread so interesting. I have been down in the dumps lately, and I think this is just what I need. There are times when I feel sensual, feminine and sexy, and other times...not so much. I have no problems being who I am sexually, but I can stand to learn more. I am excited to get started and will be purchasing one or two of the books when I get home from work.

So I have been in a blah mood lately...

Trying to get my energy moving by going to a dance class or even dancing around the house:look:. I've been so distracted with alot lately.

When I am in a funk it is a clue that I need to get my chakaras in motion,lol.

Sade is an example of a sensuous woman to me...her voice is everything!

YES!

Dh LOVES her and has always found her sexy and alluring. Maybe I wasn't mature enough to see it, but as I have gotten older, I totally understand. Its in her aura.

He has told me he loves her mystery and that she keeps it all hidden. She dresses modestly, which is a draw because as a man, you have to use your imagination.

Thank you ladies for this thread. I am just now catching on.
I had a situation happen to me a few days ago, that made me uncomfortable and realized that I am not the sensual woman that I am meant to be.

The weather was bright and sunny the last few days so I wore flowers in my hair. People have been giving me compliments and guys giving me the eye and flirting. I entered the building where I pay rent and the guy I have been attracted to was sitting there along with his female office manager. As soon as I entered the door she said in a loud voice, Ohhhh you look soooo ca-yoot!!!. Even though I was flattered I felt a bit embarrassed. Later that day a guy I work with said I looked cute. :perplexed

I felt like an older woman trying to be a little girl not a sensual woman.

So it sparked an internal debate of how I present myself to the world and how I feel about myself as a woman.

Was I being a bit too self conscious or did I have a right to be embarrassed? Can anyone explain or discuss the cute factor vs sensual alluring woman?

One of the things I would like to learn is how to communicate with my eyes and body language in a subtle way that I am interested and that a guy should take the initiative to contact me. Without speaking a word or overt body gestures. Especially, when we are in mixed company, i.e. other women, men, colleagues, etc. If anyone has a book on this please share it. :yep:

Last edited:
Back