Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

I never thought about a location being more feminine than others until now. It's strange because it's been right there in front of me for years. Hawaii is filled with smiles, women and girls with long flowing hair, dresses, skirts, and flowers in the hair. Modern hula (auna) is also very elegant, too.

I took a Gender in the Cities course one time and they were saying how cities tend to be more maculine. The high rises, the streets, the buildings,the hussle and bussle, the fast pastness, everything. It was made with men in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if cities tend to stifle women's feminine flow or energy. Just a thought...

In one of the books I was reading, they talk about this very thing, how locations have a masculine or a feminine vibe.

And you're right, in more masculine energy places, everyone taps more into their masculine energy and the reverse in feminine energy places. That's why we ladies have such a hard task sometimes living in this modern masculine energy society to try and retain the feminine side of us.

I have always wondered if there are locations that are either more feminine or masculine. Hawaii does seem to be more feminine than DC.

I am a believer that sometimes location/environment plays a big part in bringing out certain parts of ourselves.

I think it was Powerful and Feminine that touched on this a bit. The author noted that Hawaii is definitely a feminine place, while Chicago is masculine. I discussed this with a friend of mine and she even said that native hawaiians take on their mothers last name, not the fathers. Not sure how true that is though.

There's also someone from Hawaii in my unit and she told me that because Hawaii is so expensive, they normally don't do the whole "grow up, get married and leave the house" thing. They just make new additions to the house. I thought that was interesting. I know thats very common in other parts of the world, but i didnt know that was common in Hawaii.

Hey ladies.. How was everyone's weekend?

These smoothies have had me in a great mood these past few days, it's almost alarming how different I feel considering the fact that it's only been a week. My body must've really needed its nutrients.

I went out to a day party and had a great time! So many men were in awe and just chasing me :blush: I wore a dress which you can partially see in this pic (please don't quote)

Last edited:
Lol thanks ladies. I met some really nice guys, particularly this Senegalese engineer who took good care of me and walked me to my car and checked on me when I got home.

My birthday is this weekend and my friends took me out to celebrate last weekend. We had a great spa day: mani/pedi, eyebrow threading, massage, facial, makeup makeover at MAC. Then we had dinner out with friends, overall a great evening.

I wore dresses the entire time and practiced smiling at men and being open and friendly. Esp when guys walked me to to our cab with their umbrella (it was raining). And once we were there, my guy friend came over with his to help me out so I wouldn't get soaked. So sweet.

I have to say, I really don't like me in makeup. Maybe it's just b/c I'm not used to wearing any. I never feel like I go from normal to amazing, I felt more Mimi from the Drew Carey show. :ohwell: But everyone said they liked it, even my sister who is really critical, so maybe it's just me. I think that I will try practicing a few looks, at least some natural ones to get used to it.

I swear by green smoothies!! I drink them religiously, even trying to get into vegan and raw and I swear I feel more connected to myself and nature. I just feel beautiful even without all the trimmings (makeup, dresses, heels, etc). It is an internal beauty, that I cannot explain. People are feeling this energy and commenting on it. I like it so much, the thought of eating meat, and drinking hard alcohol really puts me off. I am so addicted to this feeling that comes with eating alkaline, I don't want anything to mess it up:spinning:

The Beauty Detox book is good! Also try Chlorella shots in the middle of the day. (Chlorella and coconut water mixed) She says she prepares this for a celebrity and the said celebrity takes these shots in the middle of shoots.

My only warning is to be careful of losing alot of weight. Curves may start to decrease(if you workout, you will be fine) But you WILL lose alot of weight going this route.

RegaLady

I ordered this book and read it all in a day. Now I'm going to go back over it and start this plan, she makes a lot of sense and it's well written and concise. I think that she seems to have a realistic and holistic view about health and eating. :yep:

Hey ladies! I am so behind. I haven't been keeping up with this thread and I haven't been even the slightest bit sensuous, sensual, or feminine.

I'm stuck but I'm hoping that if I catch up on this thread, your spirit and energy will motivate me to get back on track.

I went belly dancing today. Omg I loved it! I wish i could afford a year long pass.

I knew I was uncoordinated before but this really showed how much. Lol! I felt a little awkward and definitely not sensuous. But the instructors boy oh boy I couldn't take my eyes off them!! I need to master this.

Isn't it amazing? Keep attending whenever its within yours means and check out YouTube too!

Ok so last night's date with the Senegalese man. You ladies have turned me into a siren succubus or something , the man is totally smitten and I didn't do anything special :shock: I'm fact, I was late due to train delays since I didn't drive. He told me to get in a cab and paid for my fare when I got there. He was so sweet and took excellent care of me. Excellent.

So he's actually very successful for his age (IT manager in NYC) and is friends with the president of his country. He also wants to take me there this year when he goes :perplexed: I'm actually a little scared of myself.

Here's what I wore (I really need a full length mirror and I have no clue why it's spread out, smh) pls don't quote..

Last edited:
Ok so last night's date with the Senegalese man. You ladies have turned me into a siren succubus or something , the man is totally smitten and I didn't do anything special :shock: I'm fact, I was late due to train delays since I didn't drive. He told me to get in a cab and paid for my fare when I got there. He was so sweet and took excellent care of me. Excellent.

So he's actually very successful for his age (IT manager in NYC) and is friends with the president of his country. He also wants to take me there this year when he goes :perplexed: I'm actually a little scared of myself.

Here's what I wore (I really need a full length mirror and I have no clue why it's spread out, smh) pls don't quote..

First of all, Ima need you stop being so hawt.

Second of all, I like Senegalese people. It's a country that I've always wanted to visit. Just make sure this guy isn't a traditional Muslim or want you to convert. Other than that, he seems like a good one to get to know.

First of all, Ima need you stop being so hawt.

Second of all, I like Senegalese people. It's a country that I've always wanted to visit. Just make sure this guy isn't a traditional Muslim or want you to convert. Other than that, he seems like a good one to get to know.

Aww thanks Enyo.. Lol.

He is Muslim but not a devout one (it's Ramadan and he clearly was on a date and met me at a party the week before). He also said religion isn't a deal breaker for him.

He wants to help me furnish/decorate my place :perplexed: (I showed him a video while we were discussing NY real estate, lol). In my head I was just like :confused: :blush:

Gorgeous! FemmeFatale
I love the side swoop style you do with your hair, very sexy.

Did anyone ever find a website for nice satin sheets? I'm getting way ahead of myself since my move won't be till October but I can't help it lol. I want my place to be like a goddess sanctuary lol.

Gorgeous! FemmeFatale
I love the side swoop style you do with your hair, very sexy.

Did anyone ever find a website for nice satin sheets? I'm getting way ahead of myself since my move won't be till October but I can't help it lol. I want my place to be like a goddess sanctuary lol.

I found some silk ones on eBay but I have yet to order any, they're $150+ just for the flat sheet and if you want a set its way more.

Last edited:
Back