Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

RegaLady, you have to project that womanly energy on the mundane levels first. That is what has helped me. I make sure to be at my Lucie best at all times, not just for the "special" occasions. Rather than go to the bodega (LOL) looking any which way I wonder if President Obama were to stop in, would I walk right towards him or run away, LOL! :)

After I eat at work, I brush my teeth and freshen up afterwards. That takes 3 minutes. My dude has a habit of surprising me at work, so I never look crazy as the day goes on, LOL!

I don't wait for my dude to buy me flowers, I buy my own! I keep my areas (office, car, home, no trash on my sidewalk) ladylike and it really takes no time at all! I know it might sound like a lot but once you get into a routine, the "special" occasions became normal to you and you feel 100% at ease and ready for whatever comes your way.

I am not sure what sort of dress you will wear but perhaps you can wear it around the house a bit so that you will feel more comfortable in it. Make sure it is a length you will be comfortable in because tugging to bring your dress down will make you self-conscious and plus that is just not cute, LOL!

I hope this helps you out a bit! xx

RegaLady, I definitely think pampering/indulging yourself goes a long way to helping with that. I agree with Lucie that part of that is keeping your space up and very lady like. Grooming rituals also help me amp up my energy. For me, there's nothing like a visit to the spa to get me purring like a kitten. A mani/pedi, facial, body scrub/massage and I walk out of there on fire. If I want to spend less I DIY it. It's just investing in yourself, whatever that means for you, that can give a little supercharge to your inner bad arse!

so my bday is coming up and i have a mth to get myself right before my vacay....i've been buying more dresses and i've been rocking hairstyles where it can blow in my face lol and even been wearing a little more makeup....what I need to work on is walking in heels...more feminine and less raunchy lol Any suggestions on perfecting my walk? I never know what to do with my hands :blush: I've been practicing my stance when i'm just waiting for the train lol What i've noticed is that I walk with my head down and eyes down too esp when i'm walking alone. What do you guys think about when walking alone? Also do you ladies perfer oils or perfumes? where do you put the scent on your body?....I remember I saw Halle Berry say between her legs:look:

So the dude came by yesterday to put the A/C in my window. He ended up rearranging my bedroom furniture for me. :look: :lol: AND, measuring my windows for new blinds. And buying me Haitian food. Anyhoo, he loves my bedroom and so do I. I am in LURVE with quilts (for the summer) and want to buy some ruffly bed skirts with my new quilt sets. I feel like a bed is naked without them unless you have a sleigh/captain bed. I want a REASONABLY priced ruffly bed skirt. Any suggestions? I looked on Ebay but have not seen the bed skirt I desired. :(

I enclosed a photo of what I mean by "ruffly." :lol:

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kJD!BR,H9pRhdg~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kJD!BR,H9pRhdg~~60_12.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 96
so my bday is coming up and i have a mth to get myself right before my vacay....i've been buying more dresses and i've been rocking hairstyles where it can blow in my face lol and even been wearing a little more makeup....what I need to work on is walking in heels...more feminine and less raunchy lol Any suggestions on perfecting my walk? I never know what to do with my hands :blush: I've been practicing my stance when i'm just waiting for the train lol What i've noticed is that I walk with my head down and eyes down too esp when i'm walking alone. What do you guys think about when walking alone? Also do you ladies perfer oils or perfumes? where do you put the scent on your body?....I remember I saw Halle Berry say between her legs:look:

stephluv, HAPPY almost BIRTHDAY lovie!

Congrats, on what your buys thus far! I think in order to perfect your walk, it has to be YOUR walk. There is NO one walk that a woman should try to emulate. So you have to do what is natural for you whilst keeping it feminine. I keep my body straight, arms relaxed (but not far from my body or flailing like a bird about to take flight :lol:) and I walk-glide. Hold on a second, let me go to the bathroom, so I can see how I do it.

Okay, I'm back. :look: I noticed my arms are parallel to my body (about a few inches from my side) and they move very delicately. Dangit, this is hard to explain! :blush: :lachen: When I am walking alone, I still walk the same way as when I am with someone as I take in my surroundings, so that I do not trip/fall. I do not keep my head down as this is not good for my posture. If keeping your head down is a habit, buy a cincher. It forces you to keep everything straight because poor posture will make that sucka make you want to die a quick death. :yep:

I put my perfume behind each ear, the crux of my arms, under my breasts :look:, between 'em, behind my knees and on each hip. :lol: I love scents so I love perfumes, sprays, splashes and oils.

@stephluv, HAPPY almost BIRTHDAY lovie!

Congrats, on what your buys thus far! I think in order to perfect your walk, it has to be YOUR walk. There is NO one walk that a woman should try to emulate. So you have to do what is natural for you whilst keeping it feminine. I keep my body straight, arms relaxed (but not far from my body or flailing like a bird about to take flight :lol:) and I walk-glide. Hold on a second, let me go to the bathroom, so I can see how I do it.

Okay, I'm back. :look: I noticed my arms are parallel to my body (about a few inches from my side) and they move very delicately. Dangit, this is hard to explain! :blush: :lachen: When I am walking alone, I still walk the same way as when I am with someone as I take in my surroundings, so that I do not trip/fall. I do not keep my head down as this is not good for my posture. If keeping your head down is a habit, buy a cincher. It forces you to keep everything straight because poor posture will make that sucka make you want to die a quick death. :yep:

I put my perfume behind each ear, the crux of my arms, under my breasts :look:, between 'em, behind my knees and on each hip. :lol: I love scents so I love perfumes, sprays, splashes and oils.

@Lucie- Thank you!!! i'm trying to be like you beautiful ladies in this thread!! I dont want ppl to already know I have 6 brothers no sisters just from looking at me so been on fashion blogs and buying more feminine pieces S/N: I sooo want my own place to decorate lol I love the quilt...kudos to you! Makes me think of how my mom used to have our rooms with the silk bed spread/cover with the blow up pillow in the middle...that comes in crazy colors like yellow and pink- I swear Haitian women are some of the most feminine women around

I need to find my signature scent...so far everyone seems to love that Marilyn Miglin Pheromone oil on me but its expensive and I dont think it lasts all day (or I just dont know how to make it last lol) I also have Light Blue which i love but I want more choices

Last edited:
@RegaLady, you have to project that womanly energy on the mundane levels first. That is what has helped me. I make sure to be at my Lucie best at all times, not just for the "special" occasions. Rather than go to the bodega (LOL) looking any which way I wonder if President Obama were to stop in, would I walk right towards him or run away, LOL! :)

After I eat at work, I brush my teeth and freshen up afterwards. That takes 3 minutes. My dude has a habit of surprising me at work, so I never look crazy as the day goes on, LOL!

I don't wait for my dude to buy me flowers, I buy my own! I keep my areas (office, car, home, no trash on my sidewalk) ladylike and it really takes no time at all! I know it might sound like a lot but once you get into a routine, the "special" occasions became normal to you and you feel 100% at ease and ready for whatever comes your way.

I am not sure what sort of dress you will wear but perhaps you can wear it around the house a bit so that you will feel more comfortable in it. Make sure it is a length you will be comfortable in because tugging to bring your dress down will make you self-conscious and plus that is just not cute, LOL!

I hope this helps you out a bit! xx

Wonderful advice! I read this quote to a relative and we were like "Hmmm, on point!" I believe that has been an issue for me. I mean I like to look nice everyday, but the energy isn't there all the time. So when special occasions arrive, I want to feel extra special, when I should be feeling like this everyday! Thank you so much for this!:yep:

@RegaLady, I definitely think pampering/indulging yourself goes a long way to helping with that. I agree with Lucie that part of that is keeping your space up and very lady like. Grooming rituals also help me amp up my energy. For me, there's nothing like a visit to the spa to get me purring like a kitten. A mani/pedi, facial, body scrub/massage and I walk out of there on fire. If I want to spend less I DIY it. It's just investing in yourself, whatever that means for you, that can give a little supercharge to your inner bad arse!

Thank you so much, girly!:yep: The bolded is very important! I think Enyo also talked about music setting the mood when getting ready. I like these suggestions!:yep:

stephluv

I am also learning how to walk confidently in heels,lol! My issue is I can walk straight with my head up but I don't look anyone in the eyes.:nono: I don't know why. I can get from A to B and never see the people I've crossed.

There are some good examples of walking on YT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5F8sR4SoI
Here is another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a141Kwmkjk

As for fragrances, I love all. Perfumes(which I am having a huge addiction to now) and oils. I thought I have found my signature scent, but there are so many good ones out, I have to find one that is totally "me". My suggestion is to go to a perfume counter on a non-rushed day and just smell all the goodies out there. Take time to really smell the fragrances. Take time to understand the notes, the basenotes, the drydown, etc of fragrances. See if you can guess what is in them. The one you like instantly is one you may really want to buy. They are expensive, but I find that they are really a joy to have. And you can create memory in someone else's mind simply by the way you smell:yep:

So the dude came by yesterday to put the A/C in my window. He ended up rearranging my bedroom furniture for me. :look: :lol: AND, measuring my windows for new blinds. And buying me Haitian food. Anyhoo, he loves my bedroom and so do I. I am in LURVE with quilts (for the summer) and want to buy some ruffly bed skirts with my new quilt sets. I feel like a bed is naked without them unless you have a sleigh/captain bed. I want a REASONABLY priced ruffly bed skirt. Any suggestions? I looked on Ebay but have not seen the bed skirt I desired. :(

I enclosed a photo of what I mean by "ruffly." :lol:

You need to take whatever you have(that thing) and bottle it:look:

Bedskirts are really pretty and add that perfect touch to any bed.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/pro...g&matchtype=&gclid=CJCNhcj3yLcCFZBj7Aodgl0A6A

http://www.sears.com/easyfit-trade-...001&kpid=3ZZVA52150912P&kispla=3ZZVA52150912P

http://www.brookstone.com

These are lower priced, but I am sure there are many others.

Good Luck in finding the one you want. What colors are your quilt?

I've been trying to visualize a lot more lately. I realize that moving will be a chance to really re-invent myself without people knowing the "old" me. There isn't a lot that I want to change. I like my personality and where I'm headed in life. But I do want to get away from wearing the same old office clothing everyday. I rarely purchased new clothes because I didn't feel like dressing up to just sit in a cubicle for 8 hours a day under florescent lights in a government office. But Honolulu is going to be so different. The weather, the culture, being in school instead of in an office, etc.

I want to dress better (already working on that), but I want to be more put together overall. I'm going to start wearing my hair out on days when I'm not outside in the heat all day. I need to wear fingernail polish more, and probably year round on my feet since I'll be wearing sandals all the time. I'm still not sold on foundation, but eyeshadow and lip color should be staples. I also need to go back to working out 3 days a week and eating better. I've gained 10 pounds which actually shows a lot on my frame. Some of my fitted clothes are getting too tight! Eep!

@Lucie i decided to finally put back on my corset thingy that you mentioned wearing and yea your right my posture is up but my body HURTS smh I sure am looking up while walking lol

@RegaLady Thank you for the videos!! Very helpful and last night I put on some heels and did 100 squats in them lol Dont ask me why lol but my brother was cracking up lol

@Enyo I know how you feel I'm inspired to buy more attractive work clothes cause like you I didnt "feel like dressing up to just sit in a cubicle for 8 hours a day under florescent lights in an office" but all of that needs to change Even though I do not sit in a cubicle since i'm a tech but I do know that feeling and I want to feel pretty at work too

Wonderful advice! I read this quote to a relative and we were like "Hmmm, on point!" I believe that has been an issue for me. I mean I like to look nice everyday, but the energy isn't there all the time. So when special occasions arrive, I want to feel extra special, when I should be feeling like this everyday! Thank you so much for this!:yep:

RegaLady! Thank you! Do you know what really helps me? Time management! AND getting rid of all things (people, holey clothes, worthless knick knacks, et cetera) that no longer serve me. I used to look a HAM at home but I got rid of all my HAM-like outfits and BAM I look good even when I am cleaning the toilet! :lachen: I check out what needs to be tailored, given away or tossed and that helps how I look on the outside. I have a Lucie maintenance schedule on how often I pluck, :look: shave, peels, scrub, DC my hair, polish my nails, et cetera. I am not anal about it but I keep it on a post-it on the inside of my medicine cabinet and then I remember what needs to be done next each time I open the cabinet. I do the same thing for my house. I find cleaning for 15 minutes a day makes my house look like I slaved on it for hours! LOL! Just keeping things (my clothes, coats, bags) off of my furniture, hung up when I walk in, dishes clean and surfaced wiped down goes a long way. I boil cinnamon sticks and lemon solution a few times a week to make my home smell even better. :look: :lol: Then on the weekend, I do the more thorough things. AND I am telling you flowers in my home (they last about TWO weeks if you get lilies, violets and daisies) really does something for me and the feel of my apartment!

You need to take whatever you have(that thing) and bottle it:look:

Bedskirts are really pretty and add that perfect touch to any bed.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/pro...g&matchtype=&gclid=CJCNhcj3yLcCFZBj7Aodgl0A6A

http://www.sears.com/easyfit-trade-...001&kpid=3ZZVA52150912P&kispla=3ZZVA52150912P

http://www.brookstone.com

These are lower priced, but I am sure there are many others.

Good Luck in finding the one you want. What colors are your quilt?

Thank you so much! I forgot ALL about BB&B! The price is totally reasonable. I am trying to start a bed skirt collection and want to have a few more that did not come with a set. I am buying 2 new quilts so I am not sure what colors they will be yet but I am thinking in the dusty rose and mint green family. Those are my two favorite colors.

I've been trying to visualize a lot more lately. I realize that moving will be a chance to really re-invent myself without people knowing the "old" me. There isn't a lot that I want to change. I like my personality and where I'm headed in life. But I do want to get away from wearing the same old office clothing everyday. I rarely purchased new clothes because I didn't feel like dressing up to just sit in a cubicle for 8 hours a day under florescent lights in a government office. But Honolulu is going to be so different. The weather, the culture, being in school instead of in an office, etc.

I want to dress better (already working on that), but I want to be more put together overall. I'm going to start wearing my hair out on days when I'm not outside in the heat all day. I need to wear fingernail polish more, and probably year round on my feet since I'll be wearing sandals all the time. I'm still not sold on foundation, but eyeshadow and lip color should be staples. I also need to go back to working out 3 days a week and eating better. I've gained 10 pounds which actually shows a lot on my frame. Some of my fitted clothes are getting too tight! Eep!

Enyo, I am not a foundation gal either though I have a few but I do like to wear powder. It makes my face feel a bit more polished. :grin: Honolulu? *SWOONS* Lucky gal! Just reading about you being there makes me wonder what I can tweak as well? I definitely know my diet and cardio need to be upped. I lost a lot of weight because of my horrendous periods and I think because of it I feel lazy to work out. My obliques are popping without a workout but that is not acceptable. Working out is good for my overall health. :yep: My diet is whole other story. :sad: I eat well for 2 weeks out of the month. And the other 2 is a free-for-all. :nono:

@Lucie i decided to finally put back on my corset thingy that you mentioned wearing and yea your right my posture is up but my body HURTS smh I sure am looking up while walking lol

LOL stephluv, as you get more used to walking the way that you like, with your head up, you can take the corset off. It takes about 21 days to form a habit, so I am sure in a few weeks, it will be second nature to you. Or it will just totally cut off your body's circulation. :look: :lachen: :lachen:

Lucie you are where I'm trying to get girl! Today I will make a list and schedule written down and maybe that will help me stick to everything.

Lucie you are where I'm trying to get girl! Today I will make a list and schedule written down and maybe that will help me stick to everything.

nadaa16 THANK YOU! :grin: Writing things down is very powerful. IME, it makes things happen in a way that is totally different than just thinking about things. :yep:

We are kinda in the same space. I am moving in September and I am using this as a prep period for being that girl. I have been reading the books listed in this thread, improving my appearance, upgrading my wardrobe, improving my EQ, working on my career, and increasing my feminine energy.

It seems like a lot but it has been really fun becoming a better version of "That Girl (Lucie- like)" (not in a stalkerish kinda way though)

Good luck your revamp. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
RegaLadyI have a Lucie maintenance schedule on how often I pluck, :look: shave, peels, scrub, DC my hair, polish my nails, et cetera. I am not anal about it but I keep it on a post-it on the inside of my medicine cabinet and then I remember what needs to be done next each time I open the cabinet.

Lucie I actually do that too, and I'm glad to hear another lady on here does it too. Now I don't feel that odd. I don't keep track of when it's time to wax because I base that sight, but I do have a calendar for hair (dusting, deep conditioning), skin (peels, masques, vitamin A creme, bleaching knees and elbows), last time I got a manicure, etc. I put it on my iPhone. It's under it's own calendar like "work" and "home". It's got a pink color code and everything. :yep:

I have a schedule as well. I realized I can't do all that maintenance in one day. So each day is dedicated to some sort of maintenance.

So its been warmer and everyone is starting to dress for the weather...including footwear...which means i'm seeing more feet out lol..........not all of them are nice tho......how are you ladies keeping your feet looking great! I'm struggling between wearing more heels and saving my feet from hammertoes lol I want my feet to stay pretty!!

Lucie I actually do that too, and I'm glad to hear another lady on here does it too. Now I don't feel that odd. I don't keep track of when it's time to wax because I base that sight, but I do have a calendar for hair (dusting, deep conditioning), skin (peels, masques, vitamin A creme, bleaching knees and elbows), last time I got a manicure, etc. I put it on my iPhone. It's under it's own calendar like "work" and "home". It's got a pink color code and everything. :yep:

I need an iPhone. I am getting one over the summer. I love excel spreadsheets and making lists. And now that I can color coordinate my activities, you just opened a Pandora's box that I will never close now. :lol:

So its been warmer and everyone is starting to dress for the weather...including footwear...which means i'm seeing more feet out lol..........not all of them are nice tho......how are you ladies keeping your feet looking great! I'm struggling between wearing more heels and saving my feet from hammertoes lol I want my feet to stay pretty!!

stephluv, feet are like fitness. You have to be on top of it ALL year long. However, don't fret if you are starting now. Invest in a pumice stone! And if you get pedicures at the salon, do NOT let them shave off dead skin from the bottom of your feet. It is a vicious cycle and you will be a slave to the constant foot shavings. :sad:

When I get to work I have "work shoes." I take off my nice shoes and put my fancy flip-flops/sandals on. So technically I am only wearing heels during the week for about an 45-60 minutes a day.

I use my pumice stone daily and apply a generous amount of liquid soap or shampoo to it and get to scrubbing. When I am done, I dry them thoroughly (make sure you get in between the toes, foot fungus can grow there) and apply a heavy oil or lotion and put on socks. If I am feeling up to it, I might saran wrap them and drive my dog crazy as I walk by him. I change my toenail polish color about every 2 weeks. Call me crazy or maybe just having crazy Haitian parents but they instilled a fear of me getting into a tragic accident and having a dirty home, dirty underwear, or claw like toenails. :drunk: :lachen: So I always make it a point to take even better care of what cannot be readily seen.

Can you guys post your schedule. I'm gonna try to make a schedule because I know need to do better with maintenance like that. I start off good then fall off.

Last edited:
LovelyLouboutin sure! I have mine on my post-it on the inside of my medicine cabinet, so it's nothing fancy:

Body scrub - 3x a week
Check intregrity of clothes and shoes - once a season
EVOO cuticles - nightly
Eyebrow threading - every 2 weeks
Lactic acid peel - 1x- 2x a week
Manicure and pedicure - once a week
Pumice stone - daily
Rollerset & deep condition - 1x - 2x a week
Shave - 1x - 2x a week
Soak feet for 15 minutes - 1x - 2x a week
Touch up - Every 12 - 14 weeks
Tweeze - as necessary

* Practice applying makeup
** Check your posture and wear cincher if necessary
*** Try a new hairstyle once a week

Last edited:
@LovelyLouboutin Sure, Mama! :)

Alguronic Acid Peel - 2X per week

Boscia Black Masque 1X per week

Mani/Pedi - 1X per month

Pre-shower dry brush session - daily

Deep condition with Heat - 1x per week. I alternate between protein and non-protein.

Henna - 2x per year

Dusting - 1x every 6 weeks

Not bunning - no more than 3 days per month

Vitamin A Creme - 2X per week

There's way more I'd like to do. I still have issues with getting clothes/shoes consistently together. Here's what I do so far.

Dry skin brush- every other day
Facial waxing- monthly
Exfoliate with Clarisonic- 3x weekly
Clay mask- weekly
Shaving- weekly
Professional facial- monthly
Nails- weekly
Foot scrub- weekly
Body scrub- weekly
Shampoo- every other week
Weave installation- every 8 weeks
Massage- monthly

*Things I'm slacking on and need to incorporate:
lash treatments
at home facial steaming
daily exercise/yoga

ooh what do you use for this and how had it worked? thanks!

Just made a hair appointment for next Thursday ad on Wednesday ill be getting my mani/pedi and eyebrows threaded. That Friday I fly to Chicago for the weekend. Ill be testing out being feminine, wearing dresses, and dining alone.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I have been lurking in this thread for a while. I enjoy reading everyone's post and what they contribute to the forum. Since I am subscribed I decided to start posting too ^_^

I recently got my eyebrows and upper lip waxed, and my chin hair threaded for the first time (threading long hair hurts). I went to a waxing boutique instead of a nail salon because I wanted my eyebrows to appear even. Now I feel like a million bucks ^_^
Although I work long hours during the week I have decided to have my makeup on point everyday of the week. I even finished my yarn braids that I plan to wear the entire summer. Well the verdict is in and this challenge is so beneficial in every way. A few of my male coworkers have complimented my skin and my makeup skills (bad acne scars that I covered with makeup). One even noticed my nails the other day and complimented the color and shape. I recently received the Art of Seduction from Amazon, so I have started reading that as of right now. I will post again for an update.

Thanks for posting your schedules. Argh there is so much to being womanly! I have to confess, I'm really feeling overwhelmed and when I'm overwhlemed I have a tendency to be like oh well, *** it. I guess it's true what they say 'women have to feel good to do good'

I know that I need to really clean/decorate my house, get my eating and weight under control, get back on board with my hair regimen, and get a regular beauty schedule going. I'm great at making lists and schedules, but...yeah.

Idk, maybe I'll start with taking it one step at a time and add 1 new habit a week and that will help me settle into a manageable routine.

I recently got my eyebrows and upper lip waxed, and my chin hair threaded for the first time (threading long hair hurts). I went to a waxing boutique instead of a nail salon because I wanted my eyebrows to appear even. Now I feel like a million bucks ^_^
Although I work long hours during the week I have decided to have my makeup on point everyday of the week. I even finished my yarn braids that I plan to wear the entire summer. Well the verdict is in and this challenge is so beneficial in every way. A few of my male coworkers have complimented my skin and my makeup skills (bad acne scars that I covered with makeup). One even noticed my nails the other day and complimented the color and shape. I recently received the Art of Seduction from Amazon, so I have started reading that as of right now. I will post again for an update.

Congrats Mocha126 I think one of the key things is feeling great because that energy will come back to you! Enjoy the reading...i need to get back on that when i'm finished with the last book of the Fifty Shades trio:look:

Back