Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

This may have been discussed but ... Sometimes FH and get out of bed and go get brunch. In the summer I wear summer dresses and he wears basketball shorts and a tee. What would I wear in the winter and still look really feminine, but not take too long to get ready?

This may have been discussed but ... Sometimes FH and get out of bed and go get brunch. In the summer I wear summer dresses and he wears basketball shorts and a tee. What would I wear in the winter and still look really feminine, but not take too long to get ready?

Maybe a sweater dress and boots. B

I was feeling bored this afternoon. Rather than lazes round the house, I decided to venture into a local tearoom to practice my manners. I think I will spend the rest of the afternoon wandering through the local vintage shops. I did my hair and makeup and threw on a cute little dress. I feel like a new woman these days. Last year, I would never have been confident enough to go anywhere but the movies alone.

I realize that moving to Honolulu is a great chance to load up on spring/summer dresses. Whomever posted eBay as an ideal place to get dresses - thank you, Mama! I ordered a few breezy skirts and a cute dress with a peacock pattern. I find it's so much easier for me to look girly in the warm weather. I really want my wardrobe to be floaty and feminine.

I was feeling bored this afternoon. Rather than lazes round the house, I decided to venture into a local tearoom to practice my manners. I think I will spend the rest of the afternoon wandering through the local vintage shops. I did my hair and makeup and threw on a cute little dress. I feel like a new woman these days. Last year, I would never have been confident enough to go anywhere but the movies alone.

I did the same thing today too!

My dress feels beautiful! Its flared so it feels breezy and girly. The wind is blowing and well, um that is the only thing:look: While observing I see that there are not many women who get dressed and feminine while going out, even running errands. Not that it matters, but to dress up puts you at an advantage.
I need to practice just being. So I am spending my afternoon observing, watching, and just enjoying the breeze:grin:.

My dress feels beautiful! Its flared so it feels breezy and girly. The wind is blowing and well, um that is the only thing:look: While observing I see that there are not many women who get dressed and feminine while going out, even running errands. Not that it matters, but to dress up puts you at an advantage.

It really does. This thread has totally sold me on the power of dresses. It amazes me how easy it is to throw one on and run out the door.

I need to practice just being. So I am spending my afternoon observing, watching, and just enjoying the breeze:grin:.

Pics please RegaLady :look: :lol:

You are absolutely correct. Many women do not get dressed up any more. I wish I was out on the beach right now. I want to dig my toes in some sand so BAD right now. I have a tank dress, flip flops, beach blanket and a towel in my car for such emergencies. :look:

On Tuesday I saw my neighbor and he was waving at me shouting something 2 houses away but I did not hear him well. So I smiled and pretended to understand what he was saying. :lol:

So, I got a text a few minutes afterward and it said, "Whatever you're doing got you looking sweeter and sexier every time I see you. You need to write a book or do a show and make some $$$."

I was floored. It made me think of y'all. I don't dress up or try to look my best for men, my dude, or others. I do it for myself. Even when I drive my car, the only thing you will see on my seat is the upholstery and I keep it as clean as possible. I do my best to keep whatever belongs to me, in tip-top shape. It gives me a sense of pride.

When I got that text, I cried. He has no idea how much those words meant to me. :grin:

So ladies, do what you do for yourself but know that others (even the people you least expect) are watching and appreciating. And that you are also teaching people how to be. You could be encouraging a fellow sister who has gotten into a rut. There is nothing like the power of a woman that is secure within herself, whatever her style may be. :D

It really does. This thread has totally sold me on the power of dresses. It amazes me how easy it is to throw one on and run out the door.

Enyo, dresses are dabomb.com! Most of my clothes consist of 4 seasons worth of dresses. And depending on the season, you can add a layer to it or tights to make it warmer. Whenever I shop I look for dresses first and everything else last. :lol:

Isn't it fun to just sit back and watch people? I've been learning so much that way. As for the breeze, I bought a few pairs of dance shorts and I pull a pair on under my dress. That way I never stress about a breeze. If anything they will get a peek of my shorts while I strike a Marilyn Monroe pose. LOL!

Isn't it fun to just sit back and watch people? I've been learning so much that way. As for the breeze, I bought a few pairs of dance shorts and I pull a pair on under my dress. That way I never stress about a breeze. If anything they will get a peek of my shorts while I strike a Marilyn Monroe pose. LOL!

I was just coming in to ask this because the neighbors must have had a good look at me this morning when a huge breeze hit:ohwell:. Luckly I am proud of what I look like:look:

TracyNicole you look so beautiful! Beautiful dress!

Lucie, I love that siggy pic. No wonder you got that text, you look hawt!

TracyNicole, which tearoom did you visit?

ETA: You look very pretty! :)

@prettybird Thank you! I went to Tea on the Tiber in Ellicott City. Tea houses are my new thing. I need someone to tag along to Moulin Rouge with me because I have a groupon to burn. There are a ton of tearooms in the DMV.

@RegaLady, the shorts I am talking about are those little shorts you see ladies wearing to cheerleading auditions. They cover all the bases without creating lines under even fitted dresses.

Thanks, TracyNicole! I think I finally have a reason to get a car. :) I live in the city, and there are so many wonderful places to visit outside of Baltimore. I will have to try Tea on the Tiber.

Ross! I'm having a love affair with Ross. Everything I've found has been less than $20. That one was $16.99 and it's a nice weight cotton, not that flimsy cheep. stuff you see too often these days.

OMG. I'm in LOVE with Ross-I just bought like 6 dresses there and I'm going back for more soon as I get back from vacation.

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA a bit! Tracey you look beautiful and your skin is glowing!

I'm moving tomorrow to my new apartment and I am sooooo freakin excited!

OMG. I'm in LOVE with Ross-I just bought like 6 dresses there and I'm going back for more soon as I get back from vacation.

I have an appointment today that takes me past 2 Ross stores outside of my neighborhood...so it's going to be a problem today.

FemmeFatale Hey lady. Glad you're back. So you got new digs. . . are you going to make any changes to your decor? Thank you for the compliment!

I'm going to make some changes but it's so hard to decide which way to go. I've been on hgtv.com for months now and it's finally here and I feel like I'm still undecided, especially for the living room. I do have my dining set already which I love. All I know is that I want it to have a warm, welcoming feel yet still look luxurious. Lol.

My new bedroom set comes in Tuesday and I'm already on the hunt for a cute glass vanity tray for my dresser to put my perfume on :lol:

I'm going to make some changes but it's so hard to decide which way to go. I've been on hgtv.com for months now and it's finally here and I feel like I'm still undecided, especially for the living room. I do have my dining set already which I love. All I know is that I want it to have a warm, welcoming feel yet still look luxurious. Lol.

My new bedroom set comes in Tuesday and I'm already on the hunt for a cute glass vanity tray for my dresser to put my perfume on :lol:

Super cute!

Any ladies here have a vanity mirror where you sit and put makeup on? I want one so bad,lol

RegaLady I want one as well when I get an apartment during grad school. Ill probably fashion one out of a large round vintage mirror that I'll mount on the wall behind a matching vintage desk.
Search thrift shops and the like for good quality pieces.

Hi ladies..so this wonderful gentleman came to my rescue last minute yesterday and picked up all of my stuff from my storage unit and delivered it for me AND he set up my dining table. He treated me like glass and did not allow me to lift a thing.

I felt like like a queen :grin: whatever I've learned from this thread is working like a charm.

So I am planning a big birthday dinner party for my Bday and I want it to be glitz and glamour:grin:. I am searching for really pretty dresses now, and there are some hawt ones out there. Now my only issue is, even if one has the body to wear it, that energy needs to be on 10! I know confidence helps ALOT but what else can/has gotten that energy going for you? Like I want to project something unlike I have even projected before. I want my womanly energy on 10:look:. Any suggestions?:grin:

I need to get in that LOA thread and visualize myself through this Lucie :look:

Back