Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

Enyo -yes I totally agree...this thought crossed my mind when thinking I need to buy perfumes and MORE cute underwear...and bras (i have small breasts so i dont wear them often but I guess I should do less sports bras and tank tops :look:)

I like to wear pants tho so this summer tho I will be mostly in jeans and shorts i'm going to try my best to soften/sexy the look by wearing frilly tops and heels...we might need to start putting some pics up in here lol

SN: I have noticed that by wearing my waist band thing I am walking with my hips swaying more :lachen:

Victoria Secrect is having a panty sale!!

I just bought some girlly dresses from asos and Macy's. I need to figure out what to do for cute sandals because it hurts to walk in heels right now :(

Enyo you hit the nail on the head! It wasn't until I read Sex Secrets that I realized I was spreading myself too thin with obligations and societal pressures to actually focus on my personal goal for myself, my marriage and family. Since I have started jettisoning the unnecessary stuff, my life is much less stressful and I'm able to better deal with the tough stuff and emergencies when they come around because I'm not so worn out.

I read up thread that some of you might be getting together for lunch this weekend. Is that still happening? If so, I would love to join you all on Saturday.

I read up thread that some of you might be getting together for lunch this weekend. Is that still happening? If so, I would love to join you all on Saturday.

I don't know if anyone else is here but I'm at the Expo. I'm a little sick which sucks but inn going to take advantage of the non workout classes until I feel better hopefully by tomorrow

I cut out things that are not mandatory. Sometimes we feel we have to focus on something when we really don't. Women tend to take on more obligations when they are not necessary.

Enyo you hit the nail on the head! It wasn't until I read Sex Secrets that I realized I was spreading myself too thin with obligations and societal pressures to actually focus on my personal goal for myself, my marriage and family. Since I have started jettisoning the unnecessary stuff, my life is much less stressful and I'm able to better deal with the tough stuff and emergencies when they come around because I'm not so worn out.

Yes, but all the things I have to do from day to day are "necessary" so that is out

Yes, but all the things I have to do from day to day are "necessary" so that is out

I am sure you have free time. If you have time to sleep you have free time. Use that time, even if it is 20 minutes, to do something relaxing and pleasurable. Whatever that is. And be entirely in the moment when doing it.

intergalacticartist...you would be surprised what could be classified an not "necessary". I'm telling you that book opened my eyes. Prime example, I spend less time cooking and cleaning. I did end up making an initial investment that allowed me to spend less time doing those things but it works. Next, I stopped grocery shopping. For $20/month I realized I could have my groceries delivered to my door. It's a huge time saver! Don't be so quick to assume that you cannot make more time. It just requires a willing spirit and a bit of creativity.

@intergalacticartist...you would be surprised what could be classified an not "necessary". I'm telling you that book opened my eyes. Prime example, I spend less time cooking and cleaning. I did end up making an initial investment that allowed me to spend less time doing those things but it works. Next, I stopped grocery shopping. For $20/month I realized I could have my groceries delivered to my door. It's a huge time saver! Don't be so quick to assume that you cannot make more time. It just requires a willing spirit and a bit of creativity.

:yep:

This reminds me of the notion, "Work smarter, not harder."

People think working hard means it will yield you a better life and all that you deserve. But I think you can achieve the same results working smarter. Designate, ask for help, slow down, take breaks, pay someone to do it for you, etc.:grin:

Enyo you hit the nail on the head! It wasn't until I read Sex Secrets that I realized I was spreading myself too thin with obligations and societal pressures to actually focus on my personal goal for myself, my marriage and family. Since I have started jettisoning the unnecessary stuff , my life is much less stressful and I'm able to better deal with the tough stuff and emergencies when they come around because I'm not so worn out.

The bolded are where I was/am at and where I need to be. The first was especially bad when I was in college. One friend in particular, whom I love dearly, had a very tough year, and I spent an excessive amount of time helping her through it. Not that I regret being there for her, but I was also going through some things and neglected my problems for her. But I felt like I couldn't say no because her other friends weren't as sympathetic as I was. At the same time, I was letting myself be pulled in multiple directions with a club to run, two internships, multiple freelance jobs, and classes. And a long-distance relationship on top of that. I was a wreck for 99% of my college years. How I graduated with a high GPA and multiple honors, I have no idea.

It took multiple breakdowns for me to realize I was doing too much for others and not enough for myself. It was awful, but I knew then I had to learn to say "no" and stop feeling guilty about it. I'm still struggling with it, but I've gotten a little better at doing what is best for me, e.g. quitting a dead-end office job, taking "me" days, and making myself less readily available at the drop of a hat. I've seen some improvement, but I still have more work to do.

Last edited:
Oooo, Maggie London just popped up on my adverts here at LHCF. ML20 code for 20% off her stuff. I have 2 of her dresses and adore them.

Oooo, Maggie London just popped up on my adverts here at LHCF. ML20 code for 20% off her stuff. I have 2 of her dresses and adore them.

I bought a Maggie London dress on Ideeli last month and I want the weather to stop being crappy so I can wear it.

Had on my bodycon midi red dress and heels last night, walked fantastic and felt good! I wasn't in my head either and felt fantastic!

Gotta keep this mojo up!

Bought a ticket to a play! :grin: Get to support a black woman and hopefully get chose by a sophisticated man too :lol: already have my outfit picked out. I'm going to start posting pictures for you guys :)

ETA: and just bought a dress! can't wait!

Bought a ticket to a play! :grin: Get to support a black woman and hopefully get chose by a sophisticated man too :lol: already have my outfit picked out. I'm going to start posting pictures for you guys :)

robot. waiting for the pics:look: lol jk...not really but this sounds exciting. Enjoy yourself and I'm gonna need details since I'm living vicariously through you ladies as I spend 12 hour days in the library for the next month:nono:

I just went to see an opera yesterday, but it was with my family. I wore a Maggie London polka dot dress cut in the retro style and sported a blowout. tend not to look for men at the Kennedy Center anyway because the crowd consists of older married men. It's a shame. I'd love someone who is active in the performing arts scene.

ETA: Whoops. Key word missing.

Last edited:
[USER=208328]Enyo[/USER];18471139 said:
I just went to see an opera yesterday, but it was with my family. I wore a Maggie London polka dot dress cut in the retro style and sported a blowout. I tend to look for men at the Kennedy Center anyway because the crowd consists of older married men. It's a shame. I'd love someone who is active in the performing arts scene.

You look for men there because they are older and married? Or you DONt look for men there?

I was actually on their website today looking at ticket packages but I couldn't decide if I should get a package for operas, dances, or theater.

You look for men there because they are older and married? Or you DONt look for men there?

I don't look for men there. That's why I said it's a shame...shame there are no eligible men.

ETA: Oops. I did not realize I missed the word "not"! :lol:

Last edited:
I'll post some picture of the dress I plan to wear. The back is out and I've never been to this theater so I'm worried it might be too much.

I just went to see an opera yesterday, but it was with my family. I wore a Maggie London polka dot dress cut in the retro style and sported a blowout. tend not to look for men at the Kennedy Center anyway because the crowd consists of older married men. It's a shame. I'd love someone who is active in the performing arts scene.

ETA: Whoops. Key word missing.

Did you get some looks? I know you did:look:

I rocked a blowout this`weeked too and felt uber sexy:grin:

A bun makes me feel like a nun:ohwell:

I just wanted to tell you lovely ladies that your mind is MORE powerful than you think. I went thrifting yesterday with my cousin and had a blast! I found the sexiest BEBE dress and I wished I could wear it soon. My dude asked me to go dancing on Friday at his friend's birthday event. Also, I had not spoken to him but wanted to see him without discussing it. I was driving on Linden and saw him about to make a turn. He did not see me. I continued driving to the restaurant to meet with my cousin. I parked my car and guess who ended up going to the restaurant as well? My dude parked across the street from me. I know it doesn't sound like anything special but in my mind, I wanted to see him and I left it up to the Universe to make it happen without any coordination on our part. :D

And now I feel like men are approaching me even more. I met a 24 year old dude on Sunday and he was sooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I did not take his number but he said I was so feminine and delicate (in a good way) looking. As I walked to the bank yesterday a Haitian man approached me and told me I looked so sophisticated. I have a lot of (stressful) things going on right now but it pleases me to know that my feminine energy is still apparent. :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Did you get some looks? I know you did

Honestly, I don't know. My family, guest, and I were so enthralled with the show that I really didn't pay attention to anyone else on the way out. Also, we had box seats, so you don't get to be part of the crowd like you do in orchestra seats. You even have your own set of doors.

My family liked it though. :yep:

Hi ladies! Have any of you ever heard of Zuresh natural product line? I purchased one of their body butters called Poetrie and it smells soooo good. I'm wearing it today and my colleagues have been complimenting and asking me about it.

Back