Sense and Sensuality ("Loving" Spinny)

TracyNicole

Let me know what you decide. I'm seriously tempted to go for the whole convention. I live far enough that commuting daily wouldnt make much sense, but I might chalk it up and go

I'm not sure what's practical as we haven't received the wedding invitation yet. If it is Saturday night I may just go Friday. If it is earlier in the day I may go on Monday. Next year I am blocking my calendar off. I wish my husband would go by himself so I can go get my learn on. Lol

Lucie

I hope some ladies can make it down to the Expo, even if you don't attend, we could do lunch or something.

I took the plunge and signed up for the whole weekend. I'm excited! The class list looks amazing

Lucie I was just thinking about this a few hours ago. I didn't push it though since most of the ladies live in the DMV :look: :lol:

Sense and sensuality wise-- I've been trying to flirt with everyone even though I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm Trying to step up my appearance but still need to work on being more feminine.

Lucie

I hope some ladies can make it down to the Expo, even if you don't attend, we could do lunch or something.

I took the plunge and signed up for the whole weekend. I'm excited! The class list looks amazing

I would love that! :grin:

Lucie I was just thinking about this a few hours ago. I didn't push it though since most of the ladies live in the DMV :look: :lol:

Sense and sensuality wise-- I've been trying to flirt with everyone even though I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm Trying to step up my appearance but still need to work on being more feminine.

daviine didn't we meet at a LHCF meetup before? Congrats on trying. Take baby steps. You will find what works for you. xoxo

I would love that! :grin:

daviine didn't we meet at a LHCF meetup before? Congrats on trying. Take baby steps. You will find what works for you. xoxo

I haven't been to a meet up in over 5 years. I don't think we've met bc I would probably remember, unless you've changed your screen name.

I watched the Mama Gena videos on YT where she talks about flirting. I'm hoping she mentions how to do it in her book.

The expo is Memorial Day weekend. I had originally suggested June but the expo looked so good I thought some of you ladies might want to join in. If people are going, I thought we could do lunch then, if not we can stick to the original plan and meet in June.

Does anyone have any more recommendations for YT videos or podcasts relevant to the topics we've been discussing? I listen to them when doing housework and I need more.

Thanks in advance.

Hey girls (thanks for the tag Lucie). I've been so busy these last two weeks, I haven't been able to focus on practicing my arts much.

Lucie, I am in Boston till late June (:yay:)
What's happening? Haven't been reading much.
I don't feel very feminine at all these days. I don't know what's up. My toes are done and pretty. I got new nightwear, but haven't worn it yet. Think I could stand to do something special with my hair. Hm, what is it? Maybe I should dance a lot this weekend.
My room feels cluttered and not conducive to the arts. I feel like there's bad energy blocking me. I need to clear it out, I guess.

@Lucie, I am in Boston till late June (:yay:)
What's happening? Haven't been reading much.
I don't feel very feminine at all these days. I don't know what's up. My toes are done and pretty. I got new nightwear, but haven't worn it yet. Think I could stand to do something special with my hair. Hm, what is it? Maybe I should dance a lot this weekend.
My room feels cluttered and not conducive to the arts. I feel like there's bad energy blocking me. I need to clear it out, I guess.

I think that's blocking me too. I haven't been able to give my house the attention that it deserves since I'm in school and the next month is going to be super busy. Plus I haven't been eating right and working out, which I know is making me feel blah.

But I joined my local CSA (yay!) So maybe this weekend, even with 2 papers to work on, I'll set aside a few hours to clean out one room, do a little dancing workout (I got a new one called Bellyfit which looks really good - combingin bellydance, yoga, and pilates), and prepare a healthy meal or green smoothie. Or maybe make it a detox green smoothie weekend.

I'm glad you posted b/c it didn't click for me until you said it.

:cry: i really can't stand it that y'all get to meet up.
Lucie, does Camryn feel up to a road trip to Chicago? :look: :lol:

i need some good blogs on femininity to read, does anyone have any recs? I'm looking for stuff that's about being feminine but doesn't have an anti-feminist slant or focuses too heavily on the evangelical christian "bring back real barefoot and pregnant women" foolishness. :look:
why is that so weird to some people IRL that i'm super feminist....but enjoy my femininity? ppl be like, whoa you're wearing red lipstick and painting your nails.
:look: why yes, yes i am. and i will still raise that well manicured fist to fight the power. lol.

Lucie, I'm ready when you all are. If someone plans it...I'll be there.
I'm ready though. I finally broke up with the man for the final time (I hope:look:) so I need to start re-cultivating my sensuality/femininity.

Enyo I forgot to email you but I'm about to now.

This thread has me thinking and rethinking....
Lemme check out some of these other books, cuz I was reading the American Geisha...and honestly.....just...NO. (Especially creating a c*ck shrine? WTF!!!???)

I feel like my husband would think that it was some type of trap if I switched things up on him. He already thinks me cooking more these days is to butter him up for something.

I think that's blocking me too. I haven't been able to give my house the attention that it deserves since I'm in school and the next month is going to be super busy. Plus I haven't been eating right and working out, which I know is making me feel blah.

But I joined my local CSA (yay!) So maybe this weekend, even with 2 papers to work on, I'll set aside a few hours to clean out one room, do a little dancing workout (I got a new one called Bellyfit which looks really good - combingin bellydance, yoga, and pilates), and prepare a healthy meal or green smoothie. Or maybe make it a detox green smoothie weekend.

I'm glad you posted b/c it didn't click for me until you said it.

I have been feeling a little off as well. I've been cleaning a lot which has helped some. I think I am focused on way things.

:cry: i really can't stand it that y'all get to meet up.
@Lucie, does Camryn feel up to a road trip to Chicago? :look: :lol:

i need some good blogs on femininity to read, does anyone have any recs? I'm looking for stuff that's about being feminine but doesn't have an anti-feminist slant or focuses too heavily on the evangelical christian "bring back real barefoot and pregnant women" foolishness. :look:
why is that so weird to some people IRL that i'm super feminist....but enjoy my femininity? ppl be like, whoa you're wearing red lipstick and painting your nails.
:look: why yes, yes i am. and i will still raise that well manicured fist to fight the power. lol.

Rocky91
:lol::look: Gosh, I cant stand those books. Maybe set one up for the Chi:yep:

This thread has me thinking and rethinking....
Lemme check out some of these other books, cuz I was reading the American Geisha...and honestly.....just...NO. (Especially creating a c*ck shrine? WTF!!!???)

I feel like my husband would think that it was some type of trap if I switched things up on him. He already thinks me cooking more these days is to butter him up for something.

I actually really like that book, but I think you have to take some things in the spirit that its given and not as absolutes. That was one I raised my eye on too, but otherwise she had some really good thoughts (at least to me as a single woman)

Is part of femininty, being submissive at all times with men, SO or Dh?

RegaLady My personal answer to that is "no". That's being a doormat. For me, being feminine is the balance of strength and submissiveness. I don't like hearing any of that patriarchal mess about how it takes a strong woman to be submissive. :rolleyes:

Note to DMV Ladies: I'm up for meeting during/after the expo. I'm moving to Hawaii in August, so this might be the only meet-up I'll be able to attend for a long time!

Last edited:
I've been on a mission trying to find maxi sleep gowns and I found one today. I bought one today that I really like and bought myself some sequined sandals to wear in the house. My Uggs slippers, while super comfy don't seem to go with anything feminine. And I found my satin robe.

The only thing I have to keep telling myself is that I am doing this FOR ME. This is so hard for me. I'm not speaking to DH right now and I almost defaulted to my standard black "sweats" and t-shirt. So much work to do.

RegaLady My personal answer to that is "no". That's being a doormat. For me, being feminine is the balance of strength and submissiveness. I don't like hearing any of that patriarchal mess about how it takes a strong woman to be submissive. :rolleyes:

Note to DMV Ladies: I'm up for meeting during/after the expo. I'm moving to Hawaii in August, so this might be the only meet-up I'll be able to attend for a long time!

Goodness--the pressure! I feel like I need to get to the DMV before our sensuality pioneer leaves the continental U.S.!

daviine Have you taken a look at softsurroundings.com? They are my favorite comfy but lovely store. They're too expensive, so most of my stuff has come from their outlet (also online). They have lovely flowing caftans and robes that are beautiful but appropriate for those who have children or just like to be more covered up. I would post them, but their website is java based on there is no way to imbed their product pics as far as I know.

daviine Have you taken a look at softsurroundings.com? They are my favorite comfy but lovely store. They're too expensive, so most of my stuff has come from their outlet (also online). They have lovely flowing caftans and robes that are beautiful but appropriate for those who have children or just like to be more covered up. I would post them, but their website is java based on there is no way to imbed their product pics as far as I know.

Thanks Enyo. I checked the site out and the outlet too. I'll keep checking the outlet bc they were out of the stuff I wanted.

Just wanna add how much I adore softsurroundings..:yep:

Is anyone else reading Mama Gena's books? I am halfway through the marriage manual and it has been life changing so far. I need some virtual "sister goddesses". Where you at ladies?

Is anyone else reading Mama Gena's books? I am halfway through the marriage manual and it has been life changing so far. I need some virtual "sister goddesses". Where you at ladies?

I'm reading the womanly arts one. I haven't been doing the exercises though. I want to read it first bc I'm easily sidetracked and go back and do exercises. I'm on lesson 6.

Back