Official Single and Sexy Thread 2008......

Real talk here....

This dude is freaking me out because he's making himself so available to me. I'm used to having to fight to keep a man's attention. :look:

Probably because the men I fall head over heels with also tend to be emotionally unavailable. :wallbash:

I'm trying to break the cycle by giving the nice, 100% available guy a chance, but this is like, scary to me. And I don't know why.

Anyone else been through this? :perplexed

Yep.......

Too much attention off the bat makes me nervous. I have a post on this a few pages back.

No the older guy that i am going out with tonight is white... I am cool with IR dating, as long as i am not a toy or a fantasy woman for you. I want you to get to know me, not just be a novelty.

This is Toothless tommy trying to holla at me

He ain't gots no teeth? :look:

A lot of things we can work with, but well, I'm not cosigning on that one. :lachen:

He ain't gots no teeth? :look:

A lot of things we can work with, but well, I'm not cosigning on that one. :lachen:

I can't deal with that.... I can't prechew your food for you

Hey, take it where you can get it, right?

I'm throwing in the towel.

Maybe I'll have better luck when I move to Charlotte, which I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do.

I am... I am going to go out with this guy... He is really cute and it will be a change

Watch out for my son's father.. He is down there.. PM me if u want his name and a picture:look:

Real talk here....

This dude is freaking me out because he's making himself so available to me. I'm used to having to fight to keep a man's attention. :look:

Probably because the men I fall head over heels with also tend to be emotionally unavailable. :wallbash:

I'm trying to break the cycle by giving the nice, 100% available guy a chance, but this is like, scary to me. And I don't know why.

Anyone else been through this? :perplexed

Tell yourself this is what you deserve. I was like that with a guy who gave me and did what ever I wanted. He treated me excellently and it was wonderful. I was uncomfy with it at first, but then i decided that I was worth this... Go get him

Hey, take it where you can get it, right?

I'm throwing in the towel.

Maybe I'll have better luck when I move to Charlotte, which I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do.

You will have better luck there, Mzlady. I moved to FL last month and it's like raining men over here in comparison to what I was working with in Michigan. :perplexed And better quality men too. :yep:

Looking for a hardworking, down-to-earth, loving, family-oriented type of dude really shouldn't be that hard, KWIM? I'm sure there's plenty in Charlotte. :yep:

Tell yourself this is what you deserve. I was like that with a guy who gave me and did what ever I wanted. He treated me excellently and it was wonderful. I was uncomfy with it at first, but then i decided that I was worth this... Go get him

Thanks, PP. He tells me I deserve all these things and more too. :look:

You will have better luck there, Mzlady. I moved to FL last month and it's like raining men over here in comparison to what I was working with in Michigan. :perplexed And better quality men too. :yep:

Looking for a hardworking, down-to-earth, loving, family-oriented type of dude really shouldn't be that hard, KWIM? I'm sure there's plenty in Charlotte. :yep:

That's what I've been told, so we'll see.

I can't deal with that.... I can't prechew your food for you

I am... I am going to go out with this guy... He is really cute and it will be a change

Watch out for my son's father.. He is down there.. PM me if u want his name and a picture:look:

LOL. If he's not one of those dudes that denies having children, it won't be necessary. Don't do guys with kids.

Checking in Single and Sexy!! I'll be single 3 years next April.

2008 has been ok. I told myself I would really get out there again since I graduated last Dec and I had been focused on school in 07.

In Jan I met a crazy guy who's parents were in a religious cult and demanded I "check in" with him every waking moment after 1 date. He blew my phone up for 3-4 weeks after I dropped him.

A few weeks later I met a lazy Virgo who wanted to always "chill at the crib" and was cheap as hell. Plus he had a kid, he hardly ever saw. I liked him alot though so once he figured that out he did the usual. Started missing dates, not returning calls, typical bs. I dropped him, then decided I still wanted to do the do, so I kept him around. A few months later he caught feelings and wanted to be in a relationship, but by that time, I was over him and was already dating someone else.

The someone else was a conceited mixed azzhole who kept trying to tell me I looked mixed with asian, after I told him 1000 times I was BLACK!! Like he couldnt bear the thought of dating a full black girl :rolleyes:. He started off OK, calling, taking me out, etc. Then his true colors showed and he turned me off to Scorpio men forever. Telling me my hair was nappy and rough, I'm a ditz, I had bad taste in music and tv, blahblahblah.

To make a long story short he found out I was still seeing the Virgo and my this other guy, my "Mr. Big" <<long story and stop seeing me.

I didn't really care cuz he was an *** and toward the end I knew I deserved wayyy better. Infact, I was glad he found out, and I hope it stung him like all his nasty comments would sting me.

With that being said, I'm burnt out for the rest of year. Trying to take time to either take my CPA or start my pre req. for nursing school. I need to start a career and just figure a lot of things out.

Like someone else said, I'm enjoying having free mental space to not daydream, worry about or need someone.

Infact at this point, I'm ready to set myself with my career, buy some sperm when Im in my thirties and call it a life.

I'm only 23, but I'm over trying to find "Mr. Right" . I can't take another 10 years of this s***!! So I'll plan my life alone and if he shows up he shows up, if he dont he dont.

Last edited:
Checking in Single and Sexy!! I'll be single 3 years next April.

2008 has been an ok. I told myself I would really get out there again since I graduated last Dec and I had been focused on school in 2007.

In Jan I met a crazy guy who's parents were in a religious cult and demanded I "check in" with him every waking moment after 1 date. He blew my phone up for 3-4 weeks after I dropped him.

A few weeks later I met a lazy Virgo who wanted to always "chill at the crib" and was cheap as hell. Plus he had a kid, he hardly ever saw. I liked him alot though so once he figured that out he did the usual. Started missing dates, not returning calls, typical bs. I dropped him, then decided I still wanted to do the do, so I kept him around. At that point he actually caught feelings and wanted to be in a relationship, but by that time, I was over him and was already dating someone else.

The someone else was a conceited mixed azzhole who kept trying to tell me I looked mixed with asian, after I told him 1000 times I was BLACK!! Like he couldnt bear the thought of dating a full black girl :rolleyes:. He started off OK, calling, taking me out, etc. Then his true colors showed and he turned me off to Scorpio men forever. Telling me my hair was nappy and rough, I'm a ditz, I had bad taste in music and tv, blahblahblah.

To make a long story short he found out I was still seeing the Virgo and stop seeing me. I was also seeing this other guy... my "Mr. Big" so to speak, but he didnt know about that.

I didn't really care cuz he was an *** and toward the end I knew I deserved wayyy better. Infact, I was glad he found out, and I hope it stung him like all his nasty comments would sting me.

With that being said, I'm burnt out for the rest of year. Trying to take time to either take my CPA or start my pre req. for nursing school. I need to start a career and just figure a lot of things out.

Like someone else said, I'm enjoying having free mental space to not daydream, worry about or need someone.

Infact at this point, I'm ready to set myself with my career, buy some sperm in 10 years and call it a life.

I'm only 23, but I'm tired of trying to find "Mr. Right" already. I can't take another 10 years of this s***!! So I'll plan my life alone and make the best of it.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't make things bigger issues than they really are because I'm scared to let someone in.

I've been a straight BYTCH to this dude, and honestly, while he's done a few things I really haven't cared for, he really seems like a decent guy. No kids, went to college, has his own place, good job.

I think if nothing else, he could be a cool person to hang with, which is more than I have right now.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't make things bigger issues than they really are because I'm scared to let someone in.

I've been a straight BYTCH to this dude, and honestly, while he's done a few things I really haven't cared for, he really seems like a decent guy. No kids, went to college, has his own place, good job.

I think if nothing else, he could be a cool person to hang with, which is more than I have right now.

omg...i'm going thru the same thing....which is why my guy is not talking to me right now...he put me on straight IGNORE.

i don't know what feels worse...not having a man...or being ignored by one:sad:

omg...i'm going thru the same thing....which is why my guy is not talking to me right now...he put me on straight IGNORE.

i don't know what feels worse...not having a man...or being ignored by one:sad:

Oh man....that sucks. :sad: I hope you guys work things out soon.

I think that I compromised and settled so much in my last relationship that I give guys absolutely ZERO wiggle room. Now some of them just weren't worth the time and I was right to give them the boot.

But damn, this dude has known me less than a week. He doesn't know what I like/dislike, etc.

*sigh*

My ex and his bullshyt are still interfering with my life almost 2 years later.

I went out with the older guy....

It was ok. I was hoping him to have himself together more than he does, but he is cool. We get along well so we shall see. We will go on another date soon.

Oh man....that sucks. :sad: I hope you guys work things out soon.

I think that I compromised and settled so much in my last relationship that I give guys absolutely ZERO wiggle room. Now some of them just weren't worth the time and I was right to give them the boot.

But damn, this dude has known me less than a week. He doesn't know what I like/dislike, etc.

*sigh*

My ex and his bullshyt are still interfering with my life almost 2 years later.

i no exactly what yall mean im going thru the same thng. its been a few months and im still having prolems! there havent been any new candidates so im lke is sumthng wrong w me. lol well we cant let them ruin our lives but they sure have screwd us over jerks:rolleyes:

We went to eat at chillis. I wasnt too hungry by then but i did want to go out with him and see what he was like.

I think one of the problems with me is that i see the way my dad treats my mom and I will settle for no less than that. This guy does have the potential to do that for me, but we shall see.

He is very well mannered and polite... He has a good personality and is caring.

We went to eat at chillis. I wasnt too hungry by then but i did want to go out with him and see what he was like.

I think one of the problems with me is that i see the way my dad treats my mom and I will settle for no less than that. This guy does have the potential to do that for me, but we shall see.

He is very well mannered and polite... He has a good personality and is caring.

Aww...

Well I'm rooting for you, hun! :yep:

i no exactly what yall mean im going thru the same thng. its been a few months and im still having prolems! there havent been any new candidates so im lke is sumthng wrong w me. lol well we cant let them ruin our lives but they sure have screwd us over jerks:rolleyes:

Naw, it's not you.

Pickins are slim, unfortunately.

We'll be aight eventually. :look:

Back