Official Single and Sexy Thread 2008......

well i'm newly single and definitely sexy :gorgeous:!

but i'm in this kind of mood, and probably will be until i get another boo:
:giveheart::gunner7:

this valentine's day is going to be hard. it's tough when you've had a boo for close toa year, and he dumps you 4 days before V-Day and 8 days before your birthday :sad:

i'm taking the day off. but i'm not going to mope; he isn't worth the effort. not going to cry, either; i only cried for 10 minutes over him, and i haven't shed another tear :yep:

i'm going to skip all of my classes and pamper myself. in the AM, i'll do my hair really cute, give myself a manicure / pedicure, give myself a mini facial...

SLEEP...

and maybe go to wal-mart and take advantage of discounted v-day candy the day after.

I have absolutely nothing to report. No crushes...no interests...no bug-a-boos...no yuck mucks...no coulda, woulda, shouldas...since last September. I have officially been on dry spell for two years. My phone doesn't ring and I'm getting real tired of dating myself. Now I get to go to work tomorrow and pretend like I'm so excited about the roses and crap my co-workers will receive throughout the day. Let's not forget my intern, too! Not looking for a pity party, just needed to vent! :ohwell: I'm officially a hater...going to bed.

hmm i like this thread!

....but i have nothing fantastic to report. I've come to the point where i'm really not interested in meeting any guy for the time being. preferably b/c i don't think any guy can give me what i can't get for myself at this time well not everything lol.

I'm doing fine being drama free. No wondering:
'why he didn't call back'
'what's he doing..and with who'
'does he truely like me for me'
and blah blah blah

I totally agree...less stress, less mess...that's the single life :grin: It's nice have companionship sometimes....but that's it....

I have absolutely nothing to report. No crushes...no interests...no bug-a-boos...no yuck mucks...no coulda, woulda, shouldas...since last September. I have officially been on dry spell for two years. My phone doesn't ring and I'm getting real tired of dating myself. Now I get to go to work tomorrow and pretend like I'm so excited about the roses and crap my co-workers will receive throughout the day. Let's not forget my intern, too! Not looking for a pity party, just needed to vent! :ohwell: I'm officially a hater...going to bed.

But you have to ask yourself what they have to go thru the rest of the year.....roses and kisses on V-day, hell and drama the rest of the year not counting xmas,anniversary, and b-day of course

But you have to ask yourself what they have to go thru the rest of the year.....roses and kisses on V-day, hell and drama the rest of the year not counting xmas,anniversary, and b-day of course

You are so right! I'm also the shoulder to cry on, too. The co-worker that gets three dozen roses each year wants to be married to this man. However, he's not yet divorced. They've been engaged for 1 1/2 years. I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. I'm feeling much better today.

You are so right! I'm also the shoulder to cry on, too. The co-worker that gets three dozen roses each year wants to be married to this man. However, he's not yet divorced. They've been engaged for 1 1/2 years. I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. I'm feeling much better today.

I'm happy to hear that.

well vday came and went and i really didn't notice. it's been 1 year since i gave my ex the chop and to be honest, i really can't be bothered with finding someone else. i wasn't even looking when i met him anyway. i foresee a man free 2008. most of my time is spent between work and home so i don't really go places to meet men anyway. i like the freeness of not feeling anything for anyone right now. it's really so much simpler.

Well, I had a really great first date on Friday (lunch) with someone I met on BPM, and since the date, this man has been ringing my phone NON STOP, do you hear?? So, I'm very hopeful that this might really turn out to be something nice!! It feels like we're already a couple...:look: we've had GREAT conversations!

It actually turns out that my cousin KNOWS him!! They lived on the same block when they were teenagers, and she knows him and his whole family, so that definitely helped me to feel comfortable about meeting him, especially when I called my cuz before the date and she was screaming and hollering about what a cool guy he was and that he was always the cutest brother... :drunk: And yes, I daresay he's quite a good looking brother... :yep:

I'm cautiously hopeful... trying not too get too excited :spinning:... so far so good tho... we're supposed to be getting together again tomorrow... :grin:

Wow... no one else has anything good to add?? What's up with that?? I can't be the only one here that's dating??!! :look:

Well, I saw my new friend again the other day and the sparks flew; we definitely have plenty of chemistry... So far so good! :yep: He left for Jamaica yesterday for a week... :sad: I miss him. :ohwell:

Nothing to report right now trying to focus on not working in corporate America until I am 100, so that is where my focus lies. I do plan on heavy networking once the spring/summer arrives. :yep: So i'm sure there will be plenty to tell. :grin:

Good morning ladies!

Okay, it's been about a month since the last post in this thread. Someone's gotta have some good news to share!

Unfortunately, that person will not be me. :look:

I have a crush :grin:

He's a boxer and he goes to my church. We speak often, cordially about Church affairs and University work. Sunday when he came by to say hello, he surprised me with a kiss on my cheek!! I was speechless!! I didnt know wah to say, I jus kept fluttering and fumbling my words! :lachen::lachen:

He was nice about it and said, "hope to see u next week right?"

OF COURSE I WILL BE!!:grin:

Its a lil lame, but i'm all giddy! Cant wait till Sunday service!!

I have a crush :grin:

He's a boxer and he goes to my church. We speak often, cordially about Church affairs and University work. Sunday when he came by to say hello, he surprised me with a kiss on my cheek!! I was speechless!! I didnt know wah to say, I jus kept fluttering and fumbling my words! :lachen::lachen:

He was nice about it and said, "hope to see u next week right?"

OF COURSE I WILL BE!!:grin:

Its a lil lame, but i'm all giddy! Cant wait till Sunday service!!

LOL- it's not lame, it's cute!

It's nice to have someone make you feel that way.

No good news to share.

I did meet two losers, though.

I'm glad I *finally* decided to listen to my intuition. One man I met invited me for lunch. At first I accepted, but then something told me to decline. I called him and cancelled our lunch date. Later on that week, he told me he has SEVEN children.

*blink*

He named one of those poor babies Tender Luv. That *hit got cut off real quick.

Then I met this other guy who has a four-month-old and two other children. If you have a teeny baby, you have no business trying to talk to me. Seriously.

I'm glad these men are eliminating themselves really early in the game.

I'm recently single. But the quality of men I have met are just for me. I hope somebody has some good news.

Good morning ladies!

Okay, it's been about a month since the last post in this thread. Someone's gotta have some good news to share!

Unfortunately, that person will not be me. :look:

Nor myself.

And to make matters worse one of my close friend's relationship just ended after 4 years (they celebrated 4 years in Feb.).

I don't see myself with anyone anytime soon. O well, I will live through the ladies here. :look:

Nor myself.

And to make matters worse one of my close friend's relationship just ended after 4 years (they celebrated 4 years in Feb.).

I don't see myself with anyone anytime soon. O well, I will live through the ladies here. :look:

Doesn't seem that way:ohwell:

No good news to share.

I'm glad I *finally* decided to listen to my intuition. One man I met invited me for lunch. At first I accepted, but then something told me to decline. I called him and cancelled our lunch date. Later on that week, he told me he has SEVEN children.

*blink*

Then I met this other guy who has a four-month-old and two other children. If you have a teeny baby, you have no business trying to talk to me. Seriously.

OH NO!!! :lachen:

I met one loser, the one I posted about in Off-Topic. He tried to convince me to pay for our first date cuz his b-day was 2 wks prior. He actually tried to argue me down. :nono:

The other guy I've known for awhile actually, but we only recently started "talking". We're supposed to go out tonight, but when I talked to him last night (well, texted back and forth) he was complaining about how much work he had to do so I don't know about that anymore.

Thats pretty much it.

I forgot all about this thread. I've been busy lately.

My childhood friend is being random. IDK what's up with me and him. We still talk every day but it's not progressing. Ahh well... Maybe he's just enjoying being single for the first time in nearly 4 years. I'm not sure. But I know I'm not sitting around waiting on his ass either.

I met a guy for drinks last week and I won't be going out with his trifling ass again. Fool hollered out he was broke on the phone so that should have been a warning sign. He asked me where I wanted to meet him in OM and I was trying to pick a place based on food bc I was a little hungry. Not dinner hungry but appetizer hungry. He hollers out he's broke. I was like I'll buy my own damn buffalo wings. Then when he got there he had 2 beers. I had a light drink and my wings. This fool sat there and ate some of my wings and then wanted to split the $20 bill when it came. I was like oh hell no. :nono: And he was cute too.

I had a lunch date on Saturday (that turned into an all day thing :look:) though and it went good. I think we might have a winner. Don't want to jinx it though. The only thing that's bugging me is he's shorter than I like. :ohwell: He's also a little older. But he's single, no kids, has a car and his own place. So we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
...in limbo, nothing good and nothing bad to report. I don't go anywhere but work and home so I'm not really making myself available. The crush that I did have was married with 4 kids. I mean he never mad any moves but he didn't state that he was. We just had casual conversations and I was really feeling him, intellect, looks, drive, etc. Oh well, maybe something available like him will come along. :perplexed

I forgot all about this thread. I've been busy lately.

My childhood friend is being random. IDK what's up with me and him. We still talk every day but it's not progressing. Ahh well... Maybe he's just enjoying being single for the first time in nearly 4 years. I'm not sure. But I know I'm not sitting around waiting on his ass either.

I met a guy for drinks last week and I won't be going out with his trifling ass again. Fool hollered out he was broke on the phone so that should have been a warning sign. He asked me where I wanted to meet him in OM and I was trying to pick a place based on food bc I was a little hungry. Not dinner hungry but appetizer hungry. He hollers out he's broke. I was like I'll buy my own damn buffalo wings. Then when he got there he had 2 beers. I had a light drink and my wings. This fool sat there and ate some of my wings and then wanted to split the $20 bill when it came. I was like oh hell no. :nono: And he was cute too.

I had a lunch date on Saturday (that turned into an all day thing :look:) though and it went good. I think we might have a winner. Don't want to jinx it though. The only thing that's bugging me is he's shorter than I like. :ohwell: He's also a little older. But he's single, no kids, has a car and his own place. So we'll see what happens.

Damn......I'm mad homeboy asked to split a $20 bill. He shoulda stayed his *** on home then.

Girl-single, childless, own spot and ride?? Listen, as long as he ain't looking like Gary Coleman, give homie a chance! :yep:

No good news to share.

*blink*

I've definitely learned to appreciate those who end up wasting very little of my time.

Damn......I'm mad homeboy asked to split a $20 bill. He shoulda stayed his *** on home then.

Girl-single, childless, own spot and ride?? Listen, as long as he ain't looking like Gary Coleman, give homie a chance! :yep:

:lachen: That fool had the nerve to text me yesterday to see how I was doing. I was like :rolleyes:. He was hinting that he wanted to see me. I was too busy getting my Chipotle on (and being hit on by some random guy while I was trying to enjoy my food but that's another story.) And he told me his b-day is today. I won't be going out with his ass again.

As far as the other dude does, he's been calling quite a bit. I saw him again yesterday because I had to return the Ipod he bought while we were out Saturday. He asked me to put some music on it for him. He's growing on me. I noticed he has a sexy little swagger when he walked away from me yesterday. :look: He wants to go out again but he said I have to decide on an activity this time. We went to lunch and a movie last Saturday. Did a little shopping and then went to a bar later that night. I have no idea what to do. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have no idea what to do. Does anybody have any suggestions?

How about a nice dinner, and maybe a jazz or comedy club afterwards? :yep:

Just to update my situation... that loser who grew up with my cousin turned out to be an azzhole... After 4 dates, when planning what we were going to do the next night, he had the nerve to tell me that "tomorrow's dinner can be on me"... I was like Umm, I don't think so... He was promptly dismissed after that request! To be honest, I was THINKING about offering to get dinner that night, but ummm, please don't TELL ME that I have to pay!! WTH??!! Are you freakin' crazy??!! :nono:

I have a couple of new prospects but haven't met them in person or even spoken to them on the phone yet.... Im just sooo turned off right now, after that last fool!! :look:

Last edited:
SweetlyBlessed;4093313[FONT=Century Gothic said:
The crush that I did have was married with 4 kids. I mean he never mad any moves but he didn't state that he was. We just had casual conversations and I was really feeling him, intellect, looks, drive, etc. Oh well, maybe something available like him will come along. :perplexed[/font]

Yeah, but hopefully minus the four kids... :look: This guy sent me a message on BPM and he's divorced with 5 kids... I'm like huhhh?? Not that I'm a golddigger but what would he possibly have left over for me after taking care of 5 kids???!!! Sorry, I'll pass!! :laugh:

How about a nice dinner, and maybe a jazz or comedy club afterwards? :yep:

Just to update my situation... that loser who grew up with my cousin turned out to be an azzhole... After 4 dates, when planning what we were going to do the next night, he had the nerve to tell me that "dinner can be on me tonight"... I was like Umm, I don't think so... He was promptly dismissed after that request! To be honest, I was THINKING about offering to get dinner that night, but ummm, please don't TELL ME that I have to pay!! WTH??!! Are you freakin' crazy??!! :nono:

I have a couple of new prospects but haven't met them in person or even spoken to them on the phone yet.... Im just sooo turned off right now, after that last fool!! :look:

I don't know anywhere in town to do those things. I live in Baltimore. :ohwell: A friend of mine suggesting going to play pool but I have a pool table at my house that I'm not even interested in. :lol:

He told you dinner was on you? Wow... What is wrong with these fools?

Back