Official Single and Sexy Thread 2008......

What's going on, ladies? Anything new?

I met a guy on Saturday. Not really my type physically but seemed like a nice guy.

Well, he's already on his way out. He called twice AND sent me a text within the span of a half an hour. I'm on period, and my craps are killing me, but I didn't wanna give him all that info, so I just said I'm not feeling well. He asks me do I wanna hang out. No, I don't, I'm not feeling good. He goes "u sure u don't want me to see u"?

What???? No.

So I'm like "maybe another time".

So what does he do? He friggin calls me! I don't what happened but we got disconnected. He just texted me like "didn't mean to make you uneasy". I honestly don't know if I said something to imply that I was uneasy or what cause I was distracted.

Ugh, I'm so turned off at this point.

What's going on, ladies? Anything new?

I met a guy on Saturday. Not really my type physically but seemed like a nice guy.

Well, he's already on his way out. He called twice AND sent me a text within the span of a half an hour. I'm on period, and my craps are killing me, but I didn't wanna give him all that info, so I just said I'm not feeling well. He asks me do I wanna hang out. No, I don't, I'm not feeling good. He goes "u sure u don't want me to see u"?

What???? No.

So I'm like "maybe another time".

So what does he do? He friggin calls me! I don't what happened but we got disconnected. He just texted me like "didn't mean to make you uneasy". I honestly don't know if I said something to imply that I was uneasy or what cause I was distracted.

Ugh, I'm so turned off at this point.
:lachen: Well, you have to weed through the undesirables, but at least you've had some action :yep:

No luck with me at all. I guess it's not meant to be...

:lachen: Well, you have to weed through the undesirables, but at least you've had some action :yep:

No luck with me at all. I guess it's not meant to be...

That's all there is- undesirables. I'm tired of weeding, LOL.

Oh, and logging into Facebook and finding out that my 23 year old former coworker got engaged this morning didn't help me feel any better about my situation. :ohwell:

That's all there is- undesirables. I'm tired of weeding, LOL.

Oh, and logging into Facebook and finding out that my 23 year old former coworker got engaged this morning didn't help me feel any better about my situation. :ohwell:

GAG!!! I know you wanted to vomit when you read that :lachen: Well, like everyone always says, "it's just not your time yet" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GAG!!! I know you wanted to vomit when you read that :lachen: Well, like everyone always says, "it's just not your time yet" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If i hear that one more time... I may scream...

I have met a few jokers this summer, I have mentioned them in passing.

One dude turned out a be a liar, The other turned out to be CrAzY as the day is long. My hope is dwindling fast and I have embraced the notion of being a single woman for a while. Can i just get a date? It seems like no one wants to date me and the only ppl who tell me I am attractive are drinking box from paper bags at 10:00 am:ohwell:

I am still trying to get over this dude that I really liked, and thought he liked me. It just didnt work out the way I wanted it too even thought i though we could be sooo great together. We have similar personalities, life stories and I just truly thought we could have something great...

We went out once, had a good time and then nothing after that... IDK. It is hard because even though i know it couldn't work after the way he did me, but a part of me wants him to see the error in his ways and come to me professing his undying love for me.

If i hear that one more time... I may scream...

I have met a few jokers this summer, I have mentioned them in passing.

One dude turned out a be a liar, The other turned out to be CrAzY as the day is long. My hope is dwindling fast and I have embraced the notion of being a single woman for a while. Can i just get a date? It seems like no one wants to date me and the only ppl who tell me I am attractive are drinking box from paper bags at 10:00 am:ohwell:

I am still trying to get over this dude that I really liked, and thought he liked me. It just didnt work out the way I wanted it too even thought i though we could be sooo great together. We have similar personalities, life stories and I just truly thought we could have something great...

We went out once, had a good time and then nothing after that... IDK. It is hard because even though i know it couldn't work after the way he did me, but a part of me wants him to see the error in his ways and come to me professing his undying love for me.

Aww, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

At the bolded, this is exactly how I feel.

I can't believe I can't even find someone to hang out with every now and then. It's ridiculous. I don't understand why this is so damn hard.

Aww, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

At the bolded, this is exactly how I feel.

I can't believe I can't even find someone to hang out with every now and then. It's ridiculous. I don't understand why this is so damn hard.

It is crazy that I can't meet someone...

I am working on it

Hello my name is Volare and I'm officially single. Wow. That was hard to type.
Well...the first step is admitting it...

Who is the perfect mate for you...

For years I never knew exactly what I wanted from a man...My longest relationships lasted about 2 years or so at the most....I never had any specific guidlelines for what I wanted, mainly because I honestly didnt know, I was very non chalant and indecisive on the subject....and I think one of the reasons for not knowing is because I didnt know myself or what I desired and didnt desire

I honestly feel relationships help a person find out who they are...you find out what you do and dont want, what you like or dont like, what you can or can't deal with, how you feel about this or that....Relationships help you grow as a person and if you are with someone that you aren't growing with then you are probably "stuck" right now....Ive always known when to let go and move on, even when I didn't want to I was pulled forward and I would run across somebody else who would help me figure a little bit more about me and I started to notice that alot of folks were "mirrors" to me....when I really started to look at them, I saw "me".....its true that the things that bother u most about other people is what bothers you about urself.....so I started paying attention and recognizing that things that didnt set well with me in a mate are things that were in me that didnt set well with me within me....and I was always forced to look within and work on me

anyways....I can write a book about that subject, but earlier tonite somebody asked me
"what would make a man want to have a committed relationship with me, what would I bring to the table"

My answer is

good question.....up until about a year or so ago i wasn't ready for a committed relationship...not a real one anyways....and the way some people define it I may never be

Now that Im in a different mindset I realize that for the type of man I desire to share my own experience with, that I must be that type of woman to compliment him

I desire a man who is sure and confident in himself and accepts and loves himself for who he is and isnt afraid to show the world the real him
Is health conscious mentally, spiritually and physically
Emits positive energy
Is open minded
Self sufficient but not so prideful that he won't ask for help when he needs it
Isn't afraid to love, let his walls down and be "vulnerable" and let a woman love him
A lovemaker
An uplifter
Trustworthy, honest, accepting, respectful, giving, caring, nurturing, understanding, forgiving, appreciative and loves unconditionally
A man who will hold my emotions and my heart to his and be honest about his
A man who will take care of home and his
A man who will always stand by his woman
A man who appreciates true love

so I make sure that when I look at myself in the mirror everyday I see those same qualities and I wholeheartedly believe that a person can only love somebody else as much as they love themselves

when u love yourself unconditionally its so much easier to love others the same way

One thing I've learned for certain is that no matter what level I was on mentally, I attracted people on my same level....so I know the higher I get the higher man I will attract

Don't expect to attract somebody worth a million dollars when you aren't worth a dime

me personally Im still not sold on "commitments" and forever because I love the feeling of being free and living my life and have no problem allowing others to do so... and even with the few great men I have in it now were all on the same level and the relationships work out great....lots of love and growth and sharing

I think love is about freedom, allowing and letting go as well...

hey ya'll im chels and ive been single going on 5 months.....
and i actually like it:look:. eventhough i do miss being in a relationship i am enjoying so much out of life right now and learning so much about myself im glad i made this decision to not allow a dude to distract me.

and plus, dating dudes my age (im 20) is a waste of my time:ohwell:.

im not really worried about finding the right man or anything... i already know my future husband. (and yes he knows he's my future husband:lachen:):yep:

we're just focusing on ourselves and finishing school until the time is right to get married. and until then... ima just have fun and enjoy life.

Hey guys, I am vpoetic and I am single. I think right now I am just learning not to let others hurt me (mental) and lower my self-esteem :rolleyes:. As for the Jungle, it's a mess, one hot funky mess :look:.

Who is the perfect mate for you...

For years I never knew exactly what I wanted from a man...My longest relationships lasted about 2 years or so at the most....I never had any specific guidlelines for what I wanted, mainly because I honestly didnt know, I was very non chalant and indecisive on the subject....and I think one of the reasons for not knowing is because I didnt know myself or what I desired and didnt desire

I honestly feel relationships help a person find out who they are...you find out what you do and dont want, what you like or dont like, what you can or can't deal with, how you feel about this or that....Relationships help you grow as a person and if you are with someone that you aren't growing with then you are probably "stuck" right now....Ive always known when to let go and move on, even when I didn't want to I was pulled forward and I would run across somebody else who would help me figure a little bit more about me and I started to notice that alot of folks were "mirrors" to me....when I really started to look at them, I saw "me".....its true that the things that bother u most about other people is what bothers you about urself.....so I started paying attention and recognizing that things that didnt set well with me in a mate are things that were in me that didnt set well with me within me....and I was always forced to look within and work on me

anyways....I can write a book about that subject, but earlier tonite somebody asked me
"what would make a man want to have a committed relationship with me, what would I bring to the table"

My answer is

good question.....up until about a year or so ago i wasn't ready for a committed relationship...not a real one anyways....and the way some people define it I may never be

Now that Im in a different mindset I realize that for the type of man I desire to share my own experience with, that I must be that type of woman to compliment him

I desire a man who is sure and confident in himself and accepts and loves himself for who he is and isnt afraid to show the world the real him
Is health conscious mentally, spiritually and physically
Emits positive energy
Is open minded
Self sufficient but not so prideful that he won't ask for help when he needs it
Isn't afraid to love, let his walls down and be "vulnerable" and let a woman love him
A lovemaker
An uplifter
Trustworthy, honest, accepting, respectful, giving, caring, nurturing, understanding, forgiving, appreciative and loves unconditionally
A man who will hold my emotions and my heart to his and be honest about his
A man who will take care of home and his
A man who will always stand by his woman
A man who appreciates true love

so I make sure that when I look at myself in the mirror everyday I see those same qualities and I wholeheartedly believe that a person can only love somebody else as much as they love themselves

when u love yourself unconditionally its so much easier to love others the same way

One thing I've learned for certain is that no matter what level I was on mentally, I attracted people on my same level....so I know the higher I get the higher man I will attract

Don't expect to attract somebody worth a million dollars when you aren't worth a dime

me personally Im still not sold on "commitments" and forever because I love the feeling of being free and living my life and have no problem allowing others to do so... and even with the few great men I have in it now were all on the same level and the relationships work out great....lots of love and growth and sharing

I think love is about freedom, allowing and letting go as well...

this is a wonderful post. took the words right out of my mouth. i could not have said it better!

Hi y'all I'm jerseygurl and I am single and have been for over a year.
Was in a wedding this year and it's kinda hard for me not to feel a little down. I was happy for my friend but also....
Was in a disastrous relationship last year and I still struggle sometimes to let go and love myself again. But so far so good even though i don't go out of my way to meet guys anymore. Time will tell...

I met someone...

He is 43 and i am 24 :look:

I am working on this.. This doesnt have to be deep, lets get married deal; but it is interesting to see if this can be a break in the singledom

sigh.... I miss male attention. I've been really good with the whole enjoying my singleness thing for the past few months, but I'm getting antsy. I want some booty. :look:

I met someone...

He is 43 and i am 24 :look:

I am working on this.. This doesnt have to be deep, lets get married deal; but it is interesting to see if this can be a break in the singledom

Mayne, whatever. My "rules and requirements" done got so relaxed now.

Does he have/keep a job?
Does he treat me with respect?
If he has kids, is he playing the active father role?
Does he WANT to be in a relationship with me?
Is he drug, disease, and drama-free?

If so, then you got my attention. Age aint' nothing but a number. Shoot, I'm trying to find me a sexy older dude right now. We can certainly work some thangs out. :yep:

OK.... I feel like if I say it, it might disappear. I'm dating. :look:

I'm trying to look past my own superficiality here... Dude is very sweet, complimentary, has a great job that he loves (teaching middle school), WANTS to be in a relationship, and is into me. He said I was like his definition of a trophy woman. :blush:

Physically, he's not exactly my type.... BUT I'm gonna give this one a chance. At least get to know him before I make any decisions. :look:

Mayne, whatever. My "rules and requirements" done got so relaxed now.

Does he have/keep a job?
Does he treat me with respect?
If he has kids, is he playing the active father role?
Does he WANT to be in a relationship with me?
Is he drug, disease, and drama-free?

If so, then you got my attention. Age aint' nothing but a number. Shoot, I'm trying to find me a sexy older dude right now. We can certainly work some thangs out. :yep:

Mine too. I always want an older dude.. Men in the 20-25 catagory want you to show up, assume the position, then leave...

He is really nice and respectful, works owns a home, never married no kids, drug disease and drama free and wants to date me. He is white but hey, I'm pimping all over the world at this point....

this dude is trying to holla at me and i am not the least bit interested.

Mine too. I always want an older dude.. Men in the 20-25 catagory want you to show up, assume the position, then leave...

He is really nice and respectful, works owns a home, never married no kids, drug disease and drama free and wants to date me. He is white but hey, I'm pimping all over the world at this point....

Awww.... why not, PP? IS it because he's white? :look:

Real talk here....

This dude is freaking me out because he's making himself so available to me. I'm used to having to fight to keep a man's attention. :look:

Probably because the men I fall head over heels with also tend to be emotionally unavailable. :wallbash:

I'm trying to break the cycle by giving the nice, 100% available guy a chance, but this is like, scary to me. And I don't know why.

Anyone else been through this? :perplexed

Awww.... why not, PP? IS it because he's white? :look:

No the older guy that i am going out with tonight is white... I am cool with IR dating, as long as i am not a toy or a fantasy woman for you. I want you to get to know me, not just be a novelty.

This is Toothless tommy trying to holla at me

Hey, take it where you can get it, right?

I'm throwing in the towel.

Maybe I'll have better luck when I move to Charlotte, which I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do.

Back