Single Girls, can we have a "stay occupied" challenge?

You sound like me. What do you like to do? Are you coming to the meetup? Maybe you can link up with some other LHCF ladies and maintain a real life friendship and hang out. BTW, I am sooooooo hype about the meetup.
I think I will come to the meet up, I just don't want to feel out of place. I am actually stil trying to figure out what I like to do...I need to experience more things.

I'm still in lieu in what to do. Perhaps I can try to set daily goals to try something new...I'm one of those people that will do the same thing everyday. I'll start small.

hmmm this maybe why Ive been somewhat happily single for so long. I mean there are times I get lonely (who doesnt) but Im out and about so much it rarely phases me to the point where I get sad. If it wasnt for procheerleading I would prob be miserable. I hang out with most of the girls several days a week outside of practice.

hmmm this maybe why Ive been somewhat happily single for so long. I mean there are times I get lonely (who doesnt) but Im out and about so much it rarely phases me to the point where I get sad. If it wasnt for procheerleading I would prob be miserable. I hang out with most of the girls several days a week outside of practice.

I wish I had a sport or rec activity that could keep me fit and occupied. Off to look for something I can actually do!

Im in! Im pretty busy also with school and work but I do find myself super bored at times. Im even getting on my dogs nerve. This will be good for me..

great thread!

i'm in the midst of looking for a new job and i got 4 interviews within a 2 week span so that has kept me busy.

hanging out with other single gals helped alot prior to that...we've been partying a bit too much so i am taking a break.

i got some projects on the go to take up my time and i hope to go on a cruise soon.

I dunno....I'm really really really busy. But it never fails, I still am attached to my ex boyfriends. I still see them, speak to them, have relations, etc. It's making me a a complete wreck. I think basically I'm just afraid of being alone. I can't stand it. I personally know I am a person without a man, and a wonderful person at that, but I feel unwanted without a male to talk to. I dunno if I could add ANYTHING else to my scheldule......But i gotta do SOMETHING

How sad...I can't come up with anything significant to do.
poor me.
I can't wait to move back on campus,I'm trapped in this apartment.

I think this is a great idea too. I'm thinking about finally moving on since I'm not getting the commitment that I want from the guy I'm dating (1 year no commitment :nono:). So, I've been looking into other activities that I can get into to keep my kind occupied. I already volunteer each month. Since I don't have any younger friends here, it really does get boring sometimes.

I did join a few meetup groups on meetup.com today. I would suggest that everyone try that site out to find different hobbies/activities that interests you. I joined a Fashionista, Obama Support, Women in their 20s, and a Black professionals group. I can't wait to attend some of their events.
Thanks for the tip! I joined to groups tonight :yep:

I've been so busy with school work and studying, that I still haven't done anything and I hate it. I haven't done much to remedy the situation, so I guess i'm failing at the challenge. But, I will be looking for something to do soon because this school to home monotonous life really isn't working now. I checked out meetup and njprofessionals but neither seem to have too many things in my immediate area of south jersey. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the meetup.com info. I joined a group tonight and passed this info onto others.

I have a boyfriend...but I am STILL considered single...so I am STILL staying busy. My routine must not change for him.

I go to movies alone...eat dinner alone...go for a drink alone...then there are the girlfriend times...the turn around shopping trips to Nashville with the girls... movies with the girls...strip ytease with the girls...LOTS of ish. Even if it is just going to the girls house for an evening of dvd's and The Game. LOL

Would any ladies in the LA/San Fernando Valley area like to stay busy this Friday night by watching 'The Secret Life of Bees'? or Eagle Eye? Bowling is another idea.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Let me know.

Last edited:
I looked up that site meetup.com. I always feel strange signing up for stuff like that. But I think I need to step outside of my comfort zone.

There was this group on there called Diva Free Sista's in my area. Looks kinda interesting though. So I think I'll sign up.

This weekend I'm going to see TSLoB's with some friends I haven't seen in a loooong time. I'm very bad when it comes to keeping in touch. My life revolves around my work (lots and lots of travel) and that's pretty sad...

Well...guess what ladies?? I just bought a ticket for myself to California!! :woot: :woot:

I've been vacationing in Southern California for the past 3 years (I'm still contemplating moving there in fact), and 2 girlfriends and I all decided to vacation there in December of this year. Well...time kept going by, and I kept telling them that tickets will get more and more expensive as the date gets closer and closer, so we should go ahead and buy our plane tickets.

Well, just last week the price got pretty inexpensive to fly to California (especially with how the economy is going :eek: ), so I just took a major leap and bought my ticket!!! :shocked: I told my girlfriends I would be buying my ticket with/without them, and I DID! They kept dragging their feet talking about how "money is tight right now"...etc.

A co-worker kept telling me: "Crystal, don't let anybody in life stop you from what you really want to do."

So, now here I am...going to SoCal (with/without my friends...not sure if they will eventually buy a ticket) ALONE, and I have mixed feelings! :look: On the one hand I'm glad to be doing something for ME for a change, taking a MUCH-needed vacation, and getting some time away from my stress, worries, and usual atmosphere. BUT...on the OTHER hand, I did want to go with my girlfriends and do a "girls trip" to Cali, and have fun with them. :ohwell: I don't even have a place to stay yet! :look: I have some "connections", but what if they fall through? I could always stay in a hotel, but that would really eat my wallet up staying in a hotel for a week. :( :(

*sigh* So, I guess I'm glad I'm doing this "Single girl" challenge, but on the other hand, I'm kind of feeling apprehensive. But I dont' regret buying my ticket at all. I just need more reassurance that this trip wasn't all a big mistake.

Have any of you ladies ever made a HUGE decision to do something or go on a big trip by YOURSELF?? If so, after doing it did you find that it ended up being a good idea, or a bad idea?? :confused:

Well...guess what ladies?? I just bought a ticket for myself to California!! :woot: :woot:

I've been vacationing in Southern California for the past 3 years (I'm still contemplating moving there in fact), and 2 girlfriends and I all decided to vacation there in December of this year. Well...time kept going by, and I kept telling them that tickets will get more and more expensive as the date gets closer and closer, so we should go ahead and buy our plane tickets.

Well, just last week the price got pretty inexpensive to fly to California (especially with how the economy is going :eek: ), so I just took a major leap and bought my ticket!!! :shocked: I told my girlfriends I would be buying my ticket with/without them, and I DID! They kept dragging their feet talking about how "money is tight right now"...etc.

A co-worker kept telling me: "Crystal, don't let anybody in life stop you from what you really want to do."

So, now here I am...going to SoCal (with/without my friends...not sure if they will eventually buy a ticket) ALONE, and I have mixed feelings! :look: On the one hand I'm glad to be doing something for ME for a change, taking a MUCH-needed vacation, and getting some time away from my stress, worries, and usual atmosphere. BUT...on the OTHER hand, I did want to go with my girlfriends and do a "girls trip" to Cali, and have fun with them. :ohwell: I don't even have a place to stay yet! :look: I have some "connections", but what if they fall through? I could always stay in a hotel, but that would really eat my wallet up staying in a hotel for a week. :( :(

*sigh* So, I guess I'm glad I'm doing this "Single girl" challenge, but on the other hand, I'm kind of feeling apprehensive. But I dont' regret buying my ticket at all. I just need more reassurance that this trip wasn't all a big mistake.

Have any of you ladies ever made a HUGE decision to do something or go on a big trip by YOURSELF?? If so, after doing it did you find that it ended up being a good idea, or a bad idea?? :confused:

First off, Congratulations for having the conviction to follow through with your plans. Just make sure you tell a loved one your whereabouts at all times and don't tell strangers you're traveling alone. I'm 34 and have never traveled alone so I commend you. My sister (who is 25) gets her travel on by herself all the time! She feels comfortable doing it, she always keeps us informed and she has a great time. I admire that about her. Relax and have a good time (but remain aware of your surroundings)!

Well ladies...I went to see Eagle Eye this Saturday and I was a little skeptical at first on going by myself but I did. It was fun...I really enjoyed the movie. Singlehood at it's best..lol!!!

Crystalicequeen, I think it is great that you are doing a trip with or without your friends. That is my problem always waiting for my friends to do things and end up not doing them if they change their mind. Since you are not going on your trip until December, you and try go to Expedia or Travelocity and see if they have deals on hotel rooms now, it should be cheap if you get it now you still have a couple of months to pay it off before you go and you won't have to worry about it. This is how my brother is able to travel every year, he pays for his trips a year in advance and by the time the trip is near it is already paid for and he doesn't have to worry about it while vacationing, and when he comes back from his trip, he start planning and saving for the next years trip. HTH!

Well ladies...I went to see Eagle Eye this Saturday and I was a little skeptical at first on going by myself but I did. It was fun...I really enjoyed the movie. Singlehood at it's best..lol!!!

I love going to the moves by myself sometimes! :yep: Don't have to worry about your friends talking through it!:lol:

Yep... I moved to So. Cali without knowing a soul. It was the hardest decision I ever made.

I live here and we can definitely get together and hang. PM me and let me know when you'll be in town.

First off, Congratulations for having the conviction to follow through with your plans. Just make sure you tell a loved one your whereabouts at all times and don't tell strangers you're traveling alone. I'm 34 and have never traveled alone so I commend you. My sister (who is 25) gets her travel on by herself all the time! She feels comfortable doing it, she always keeps us informed and she has a great time. I admire that about her. Relax and have a good time (but remain aware of your surroundings)!

Thanks! :) I'll make sure to keep my cell phone on me and to keep my family and friends back home informed of where I am and what I'm doing everyday while I'm there.

Sapphire74 said:
Crystalicequeen, I think it is great that you are doing a trip with or without your friends. That is my problem always waiting for my friends to do things and end up not doing them if they change their mind. Since you are not going on your trip until December, you and try go to Expedia or Travelocity and see if they have deals on hotel rooms now, it should be cheap if you get it now you still have a couple of months to pay it off before you go and you won't have to worry about it. This is how my brother is able to travel every year, he pays for his trips a year in advance and by the time the trip is near it is already paid for and he doesn't have to worry about it while vacationing, and when he comes back from his trip, he start planning and saving for the next years trip. HTH!

Thanks for the advice Sapphifire. If my plans with the connections that I have in CA fall through, I'll definitely try out those sites so that I can get a good deal on a hotel. I've NEVER stayed at a hotel by myself before (always been with either friends or family), but who knows??? This could actually be fun! :grin: Hahah...I feel like Queen Latifah in that movie "Last Holiday" when she went traveling by herself and went on a huge spending extravaganza because her doctor told her she only had a few more months to live. I have to admit, sometimes traveling alone can be less stress. :yep:

Yep... I moved to So. Cali without knowing a soul. It was the hardest decision I ever made.

I live here and we can definitely get together and hang. PM me and let me know when you'll be in town.

Wow, you moved to So Cal without knowing anybody?? :shocked: Did you have a reason for moving there? (ie. better job, record/modeling/movie deal, etc.) Or, did you just move for the heck of it? And where were you living before you moved there?

I moved out here for the entertainment business. Its been a struggle, a challenge & a blessing. I've grown in my walk with God and as a person overall.

Didn't know anyone at first. last month before I left home, I met some dude on the train. I wasn't even thinking about him. He kept staring & never said hello. I was so rude back then, but God had a plan.

He approached me after the train stopped & I was just about to flick his business card onto the tracks until he told me he used to live in LA.

Long story short, he introduced me to this girl. We chatted the month before I flew out. I had already had a ticket & didn't know where I was gonna stay. Only had $500 to my name.

Stayed w/ the girl for 2 months. She treated .e terribly. Had to sleep on the floor in a spare bedroom that nobody used & a king size new mattress that nobody used. She often locked .e out the house & I couldn't use her TV or listen to radio unless it was Christian programs.

It got even wore, but God kept me. I'm still here & I made it.

BUMPING!!!!! How is everyone doing with the staying occupied challenge?
I'm not doing so well BUT i'm done with finals next week and plan to take action from then on. I've even written out my goals:yep:

Anyway, i found this on my yahoo homepage and thought I would share. it's good for anyone living in the city and they list tons of events. http://upcoming.yahoo.com/

I need to get in on this. I am so bored and tired of thinking about a certain person, grr...!

I need to do things for me and get into being a happily single person!

Well my semester break is coming up so I need to keep occupied. I'll be working out and studying for some certifications. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I'm in a relationship, but I definitely need to establish a social life outside of my boyfriend. It can become miserably lonely as well, always depending on HIM when I feel like having fun. My BFF is also in a relationship and he absolutely FORBIDS her from going out. My other BFF moved to Kentucky. I am so glad I found this post. Really great ideas.

I've utilized meetup.com for business and professional purposes, but I'll definitely give things a try for more informal social events.

Actually, one of my goals for this year is to become more gregarious. Perfect timing :)

Oh, and I also think its important to take some time to reflect on your inner-self. Sometimes we can be so occupied with surface cover-ups that we don't focus on our inner-self. Maybe you should take the opportunity to discover why you hate being without a male companion, etc Also, if any of you ladies happen to land prince charming anytime soon, it's a great idea to keep doing these same things and not get so wrapped up in HIM until you loose YOU!

PS The next time any of you ladies are traveling, consider my website http://www.BookYourRSVP.com ...it SO kicks Expedia's and Travelocity's butts :pepper:

Last edited:
Back