The Official Sexy and Single Thread

Congrats my partner in crime SB:grin:

Ok I know I will be judged by this but please listen.....

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You guys know I'm in GA this week...... Well I finally met up with my ex after 5yrs:blush: Well it was great. Can you believe that? We were both nervous(cause we told each other via email before meeting) and kind of scared. But things went well. At times it was as if we were never apart. For a second I thought about the fact that if things had worked out we would be looking at a good chance of seeing 10yr+ anniversary one day. Emotions and feeling are still there. He made me a CD that I'm listening to right now, and I love it. Right now I'm thinking too much of him. Future past, current and Future. Why do i see myself having something with him?

Why do I feel that if things should or would work out that we would have a great life together. What the hell was that bad interruption for? What did I need to learn? or was it that he needed to learn something? I'm really trying to figure out why things worked out the way it did in the past, what was the benefit of it? Is it meant to be for us? I'm so sure that he could be the one, but i don't want to play myself.

I'm just speaking out loud. A girl is hella confused, and apparently can't deny the fact that I'm still in love with him. :sad::sad::sad:

Hey Abenyo, I definitely have no room to judge. It sounds like a good experience for you to meet up again after so long. I really believe that people do grow from where they were. In a lot of regards, I'm very different from how I was 5 years ago. I would think about the reasons that you broke up in the first place and see if those reasons are still the case today. There's nothing wrong with wondering what could have been or what still might be. That's part of being human. Just think on it. You don't have to make any decisions today. And just enjoy the moment that from when you guys reconnected.

OK. So I'm having an issue. :look:

I made a mutual match with dude at speed dating. He's really fine, ya'll. And we had a great convo. Now I have his email address....

Now what? :look:

I hate that I do this. I'm actually intimidated by his good looks. My first thought was disbelief that he'd actually said "yes" to me. Then I told myself it must be some kind of mistake.

I should probably go ahead and open up the lines of communication by sending a short, but sweet email, but I'm afraid.

What's wrong with me? :ohwell:

I was super confident the other night, but now it's all gone.

I made a mutual match with dude at speed dating. He's really fine, ya'll. And we had a great convo. Now I have his email address....

I hate that I do this. I'm actually intimidated by his good looks. My first thought was disbelief that he'd actually said "yes" to me. Then I told myself it must be some kind of mistake.

I should probably go ahead and open up the lines of communication by sending a short, but sweet email, but I'm afraid.

Nothing's wrong with you. I think many of us can relate. So he initiated communication by first sending give his email. I don't think he made a mistake. Go for it. A short sweet email like you said. See what happens.

girl it's that confidence that got him, dont loose it. nor second guess yourself. Send him a reply in spanish. Remember there is someone for everyone. and we are all beautiful.

How goes it, ladies?

Not much going on here.

Ole boy is in ATL until Monday, so I'm gonna take this time to marinate on a few things. :look:

I gotta say, it's been weird not talking to him on IM the past 2 days. You know how it is when somebody becomes apart of your daily life and when you don't speak to them it's like something's missing?

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Mz...I'm going through that mood..You know the don't have anyone for the holidays mood. I don't know it just hit me. I was sitting in my room just thinking about. :nono: I think it is bad this year.

Seeing all my friends coupled up. Having someone to treat and cuddle up to.

I know I'm viewed as an independent strong woman. But sometimes I like someone to carry the load sometimes. I'll like to feel like someone will protect and give me security.

All right i'm done. Can't wait till March. Why. Spring. Winter is starting to put me in this mood.

Mz...I'm going through that mood..You know the don't have anyone for the holidays mood. I don't know it just hit me. I was sitting in my room just thinking about. :nono: I think it is bad this year.

Seeing all my friends coupled up. Having someone to treat and cuddle up to.

I know I'm viewed as an independent strong woman. But sometimes I like someone to carry the load sometimes. I'll like to feel like someone will protect and give me security.

All right i'm done. Can't wait till March. Why. Spring. Winter is starting to put me in this mood.

Oooh, girl- I feel your pain.

It's rough. Even though I'm kinda seeing somebody, I'm trying not to give too much, you know?

If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's that everyone that comes into my life doesn't deserve 100% of me. I've never been good at holding back, but I realize that that's been the catalyst for many of my man issues. Treating a dude like he's my man when he's not. So I'm trying to fall back and I hate it but it has to be done.

Hang in there, it'll get better!

Oooh, girl- I feel your pain.

It's rough. Even though I'm kinda seeing somebody, I'm trying not to give too much, you know?

If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's that everyone that comes into my life doesn't deserve 100% of me. I've never been good at holding back, but I realize that that's been the catalyst for many of my man issues. Treating a dude like he's my man when he's not. So I'm trying to fall back and I hate it but it has to be done.

Hang in there, it'll get better!

Thanks Mz. :grin: The good thing. I'm stronger spiritually than ever. With that, I know it will get better. Before I would dwell on it to the point of bringing myself down. Now I experience it but I'm still have to shake it off and continue on to something else.

I'm really living the motto now. Yesterday was Yesterday and Today is today. Today is a fresh start and anything can happen.

Thanks Mz. :grin: The good thing. I'm stronger spiritually than ever. With that, I know it will get better. Before I would dwell on it to the point of bringing myself down. Now I experience it but I'm still have to shake it off and continue on to something else.

I'm really living the motto now. Yesterday was Yesterday and Today is today. Today is a fresh start and anything can happen.

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!

I'm getting better at this. I have a little ways to go, but I'm working on it.

I am dating this guy. We just had our second date tonight. Things are going okay so far. We made plans to hang out this weekend. I like him but I don't like like him, but he could grow on me. there's nothing wrong with him I guess I just keep thinking about the other guy i used to date, which I shouldn't even be thinking about anymore:wallbash:

With the old guy I would see him like once a month and he wouldnt make an effort to make plans and with this new guy he didn't mind seeing twice in one week, it makes me feel good. When a man wants you he will try to spend time with you:yep:

Here's my update:

I'm now dating two different guys (emphasis on dating). I like them both, but I like one slightly more. But I'm having fun spending time with both of them and getting to know them. Now that I'm back dating, I'm not in a rush to be monogamous with anyone.

There's also an old friend from hs that's come back into my life. We're interested in each other, but he lives in MI and I'm in FL. I'm going home for Thanksgiving this week and I'll be home for a week, so we're gonna spend some time with each other and see how it goes.

I'm throwing in the towel, ya'll.

This situation is not going the way I was hoping it would AT ALL.

I haven't seen him (nor has there been any talk of us seeing each other) since before he left for ATL. He has not initiated a phone call in this same time frame either. I asked him if he was gonna go see American Gangster with me. He said he has it on bootleg. Do you think I got an invitation to come watch it (even though I really would rather see it in the theater.

I called him at 6:00 Friday night, he never answered, never called back.

When I called him Saturday around the same time, he answered and proceed to tell me how he saw he missed my call but was doing x, y, z, so on and so forth.

I'm thinking so you saw that I called and nowhere in this 24 hour period did you have 2 minutes to be like "oh, I missed your call, what's up"? I had to call you AGAIN to get you on the phone?

And he has the nerve to be surprised when I flat out say to him "I don't think you're really feeling me" and responds "I told you before that I was feeling you." :rolleyes:

Well at this point, I really don't give a shyt what he says cause his actions are showing something totally different.

So I guess that's that. :ohwell:

Here's my update:

I'm now dating two different guys (emphasis on dating). I like them both, but I like one slightly more. But I'm having fun spending time with both of them and getting to know them. Now that I'm back dating, I'm not in a rush to be monogamous with anyone.

There's also an old friend from hs that's come back into my life. We're interested in each other, but he lives in MI and I'm in FL. I'm going home for Thanksgiving this week and I'll be home for a week, so we're gonna spend some time with each other and see how it goes.

Nice!!! :yep:

Good luck!

I haven't seen him (nor has there been any talk of us seeing each other) since before he left for ATL. He has not initiated a phone call in this same time frame either. I asked him if he was gonna go see American Gangster with me. He said he has it on bootleg. Do you think I got an invitation to come watch it (even though I really would rather see it in the theater.

When I called him Saturday around the same time, he answered and proceed to tell me how he saw he missed my call but was doing x, y, z, so on and so forth.

I'm thinking so you saw that I called and nowhere in this 24 hour period did you have 2 minutes to be like "oh, I missed your call, what's up"? I had to call you AGAIN to get you on the phone?

And he has the nerve to be surprised when I flat out say to him "I don't think you're really feeling me" and responds "I told you before that I was feeling you." :rolleyes:
Well at this point, I really don't give a shyt what he says cause his actions are showing something totally different.

Mzlady, you are right. I think you should keep it movin. His actions are contradicting is words. he trying to keep you without do any work. I don't think so.

Mzlady, you are right. I think you should keep it movin. His actions are contradicting is words. he trying to keep you without do any work. I don't think so.

Exactly.

And I was really straight forward about the fact that while I consider myself to be pretty low maintenance, I do expect the person I'm seeing to spend time with me. It doesn't have to be everyday but we've seen each other 4 times since like late September when we starting talking. That's ot a good ratio to me. :nono:

My ex has called me on 2 occasions where I was upset over this dude and pointed out that I was happier when there was no one in the picture.

Exactly.

And I was really straight forward about the fact that while I consider myself to be pretty low maintenance, I do expect the person I'm seeing to spend time with me. It doesn't have to be everyday but we've seen each other 4 times since like late September when we starting talking. That's ot a good ratio to me. :nono:

My ex has called me on 2 occasions where I was upset over this dude and pointed out that I was happier when there was no one in the picture.

Your, the 40? I always thought it was cool that you still are able to be friends

Your, the 40? I always thought it was cool that you still are able to be friends

Yep, that one. I had to step back from him a bit (haven't seen him since the day before I first went out with ole dude) but we still talk.

He was like "don't let these n---as get you down, man. You were doing so much better than you were a few months ago".

He's right. I had my days but for the most part, I was chillin'.

Update on speed dating guy: Never responded to my email. :rolleyes:

Riddle me this - what is the point of going to speed dating, marking yes, you're interested, and then not following up?

So now I'm back to square one. Again. *sigh* :rolleyes:

This really sucks. It looked so promising after the first couple of dates.

You know what else? Men suck. Yes, it's one of those days for me.

You know, at least the "ex" knows that I'm alive and wants to spend time with me, unlike 99.9% of the male population here. :nono:

This dating mess is so freaking frustrating. :wallbash:

Update on speed dating guy: Never responded to my email. :rolleyes:

Riddle me this - what is the point of going to speed dating, marking yes, you're interested, and then not following up?

So now I'm back to square one. Again. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Wow. :nono:

You know what- it's not even worth it to try to figure out why they do the dumb shyt they do.

I really just don't care anymore.

Well i am back on the dating scene.. i dont know really about everything. There were somethings that i learned with the crazy guy. I kinda want someone exclusively but this latest pool of jokers has made me realize that most guys are fools and i may not ever get a true relationship.... Here is the latest line up
Man one- Goes to school with me, but he never seems to be interested in me. He is sooooooo boring on the phone, no conversation at all..... Our friends set us up, but i have been doing all of the calling and showing of interest.... He did ask me to go somewhere thrusday, but i couldn't.....
Man two- I have already ruled this dude out. I met him out one night and he just hasn;t been interested in calling me back so hat is the end of him
Man three- He showed some interest in me, asked me out, but it was to his place watch american ganster:ohwell:.... Somehow movies at my place has become code for " i wanna hit that"
I dont know.. It just is to the point where i dont think it is gonna happen to me in the next year, where i will meet someone of quality who will capture my attention.:wallbash::wallbash: SO i think it is back to my old ways, building the man of my dreams out of the parts of many....

Well i am back on the dating scene.. i dont know really about everything. There were somethings that i learned with the crazy guy. I kinda want someone exclusively but this latest pool of jokers has made me realize that most guys are fools and i may not ever get a true relationship.... Here is the latest line up
Man one- Goes to school with me, but he never seems to be interested in me. He is sooooooo boring on the phone, no conversation at all..... Our friends set us up, but i have been doing all of the calling and showing of interest.... He did ask me to go somewhere thrusday, but i couldn't.....
Man two- I have already ruled this dude out. I met him out one night and he just hasn;t been interested in calling me back so hat is the end of him
Man three- He showed some interest in me, asked me out, but it was to his place watch american ganster:ohwell:.... Somehow movies at my place has become code for " i wanna hit that"
I dont know.. It just is to the point where i dont think it is gonna happen to me in the next year, where i will meet someone of quality who will capture my attention.:wallbash::wallbash: SO i think it is back to my old ways, building the man of my dreams out of the parts of many....

You late! "Let's watch a movie" has always been code for "Let's screw around/let's hump"...I learned that important lesson back in college.

You late! "Let's watch a movie" has always been code for "Let's screw around/let's hump"...I learned that important lesson back in college.

lol i know.. since when do dates always include sex? Why is it so difficult to find someone who is like, dinner movie HOME.... not dinner movie hump.....

I've realized that I'm shutting people out. And right now I don't care. There is this guy that I met on BPM that's been trying to go out with me. Well after the first couple of times at attempting, I've slowly put him on the back burner. We were supposed to meet yesterday, but he called at around 6pm and I had already made plans to be with the fam since I didn't hear anything else from him. I realize I might be too harsh, but really I'm not even trying to get my hopes up with him.

Then on top of this, my guy friend/buddy has a girl, so I distance myself from him. Why is he calling more than ever now? I mean when we were friends he wasn't calling me as much. He's one of the guys I've placed on ignore. When he called I didn't pick up and he didn't leave a message. So I thought that was the end of that. Why he call me the next day and I ended up talking to him. Why did he have to tell me that he's just checking up on me to see if I'm ok cause he was concern. I'm happy but then I'm thinking is he doing it to brag about him being a relationship and I'm not? Anyways I don't even want to think about it, cause everytime I think things are going one way, I get a wake up call .......

I've been stupid and allowed myself to hope and day dream with an ex. I do thank god that reality bit me now before things got worse.

with all this I still know it's out there, I just don't feel the umph I used to...

lol i know.. since when do dates always include sex? Why is it so difficult to find someone who is like, dinner movie HOME.... not dinner movie hump.....

Now that, I'on know about...

But I always stay clear when a guy says he wants to "watch movies"...naw homie, let's do something else!

Back