Single Girls, can we have a "stay occupied" challenge?

I have five social events scheduled for January, not including my inauguration weekend activities!

Ladies, check out www.Meetup.com if you want so new options. :grin: I got so tired of waiting for my "friends" to want to do something!

Last edited:
This challenge is going really well for me and I'm glad I joined it. I've gotten more involved in extra-curricular activities, mainly volunteering and school organizations, but I've also been getting involved in some networking/ career advancement type stuff too. I've also committed myself to excelling in school rather than just getting by so, I've been spending more time with the books.

I'm happy because I'm busy again :yep:. I usually don't have time to think about being single during the day, night time is my TV time/ talk on the phone time so I'm preoccupied there too.

My social life could still use some work though.... mainly because I'm trying to change my company. I hang out with a lot of guys and I think I want to change that. Lol.... I don't want to stay single forever, and when I read that survey that Amara11 posted, women with many male friends were less likely to get married than women with more female friends since men generally don't introduce their female friends to their male friends. Lol.... I asked one of my guy friends if that was true, and he pretty much affirmed it :nono:. Luckily, I have some new friends who have moved into the city so I've been hanging out with them more. We'll see how that goes.

But yeah... this was a good challenge. Thanks to the person who started it!

Things have been going well. I've not let the cold weather slow me down. I've been going out by myself recently and running into old friends and meeting new people. So far so good.

For the DC/Balt area ladies there is a comedy event that I was invited to on Saturday (I'm not doing the inaugural stuff) it's at the Dave and Buster's in Arundel Mills you must get tix in advance.

Last edited:
I spent $200 dollars @ the mall today AND $100 on Sunday... This is not my idea of staying busy... :look::perplexed:ohwell:
So wat u get huh huh:grin:
Right now Im sooo bored...its pretty sad not a thing to do. times like these make me wish...ladiesss....:blush:

Tonight! Phillips Collection
1600 21st Street NW, Washington, DC 20009

PANEL Poetic Voices: Hip Hop Here and Now
February 5, 2009, 6:30pm, Tour/Lecture, Gallery Talk
African-American music and poetry has become a soundtrack for a migrating global audience searching for identity. Artist Fred Joiner will moderate a conversation between a distinguished panel of emerging hip-hop generation poet-scholars: Dr. R. Scott Heath, Kyle Dargan, and Shani Jamila. The group will discuss the use of hip hop as a force that blends cultural identities with the realities of modern lifeAfrican-American music and poetry have become a soundtrack for a migrating global audience searching for its character. Artist Fred Joiner moderates a panel of poet-scholars in a discussion of hip hop as a force that blends cultural identities with the realities of modern life. In collaboration with the American Poetry Museum.
Included in museum admission

Back