Official Single and Sexy Thread 2008......

Met a guy a couple of days ago. I'm bored so I entertained him, first of all he has a "production" company. When I heard that I nearly died, nothing is worse than a wannabe Timbaland. Second I tell him my knee was hurting because I'm an absolute clutz, he had the nerve to talk about rubbing it, I was like no buddy I don't know you like that. Anyway he calls me today from somebody elses phone, because his phone is "having issues". He ask what I was doing later, I said I didn't have any definite plans why? He tells me he wants to see me and maybe we could chill at the crib and watch movies:lachen::lachen:. I didn't even respond, but if he calls back I'm going to have to set him straight.

I don't know anywhere in town to do those things. I live in Baltimore. :ohwell: A friend of mine suggesting going to play pool but I have a pool table at my house that I'm not even interested in. :lol:

He told you dinner was on you? Wow... What is wrong with these fools?

There are comedy clubs in Bmore. Google it! :grin:

Hey yall :wave:
Maybe a movie Glam?
A museum?
A nice picnic lunch if the weather's going to be good?

Shoot, I haven't been on a date in so long I know my ideas probably suck!
I am joining yall in this thread after :lurking:

I don't feel so bad about my dry spell after hearing some of the stupidity you ladies are experiencing. How are you going to TELL someone that they have to pay for the next date? SMH!

Maybe a movie Glam?
A museum?

I don't feel so bad about my dry spell after hearing some of the stupidity you ladies are experiencing. How are you going to TELL someone that they have to pay for the next date? SMH!

I like the picnic idea! If its a nice day, you can maybe do some stuff at the Inner Harbor? I haven't been up there in awhile, but if I remember, the aquarium is okay, and there's paddle boating, random ppl singing and dancing... lol, I don't know why I'm so invested in this either. I just want SOMEBODY to have nice dating experience, even if its not me! lol

I like the picnic idea! If its a nice day, you can maybe do some stuff at the Inner Harbor? I haven't been up there in awhile, but if I remember, the aquarium is okay, and there's paddle boating, random ppl singing and dancing... lol, I don't know why I'm so invested in this either. I just want SOMEBODY to have nice dating experience, even if its not me! lol
OKAY!
I can live through yall if you have a good time!
The harbor is a good idea. Let me go check the weather...

ETA:
Not this weekend, it's only supposed to be 49 degrees tomorrow :nono:

OKAY!

ETA:
Not this weekend, it's only supposed to be 49 degrees tomorrow :nono:[/QUOTE]

Gosh it's that cold up there? It's wonderful picnic weather here. I need to go out and meet more men.

OKAY!

ETA:
Not this weekend, it's only supposed to be 49 degrees tomorrow :nono:[/QUOTE]

Gosh it's that cold up there? It's wonderful picnic weather here. I need to go out and meet more men.
You know the slogan up here is "wait a minute and the weather will change"
Today it's supposed to be 70 and then back down to 50 tomorrow.

Maybe a movie Glam?
A museum?

The Harbor's out. :nono: We went to lunch and the movies last week. He doesn't strike me as the artsy type so a museum is out. Now that I think about it, I don 't think I've ever been to a musuem with a guy. I know I'd like it but Idk about them. Plus I just found out today that I have to work tonight and tommorow night (and he's working until 2 tommorow and sunday afternoon) so it may not even matter. I'm thinking maybe we could go to Dave and Buster's on Sunday.

Updates.... I ended up having to work Saturday night so we didn't get to go out. I did get off a little early and we went and grabbed something to eat late that night. We're gonna go to D&B next weekend since he's off. Oh yeah and now he's on this I want to see you every day kick. IDK how I feel about that. :ohwell:

Yay! Have something to contribute. Had a date last night...we just ate dinner and watched movies and talked. He seems like an okay dude, very intelligent and well-spoken... really cute too.... but I guess we'll see.

Met somebody new!!! I like him... :yep: but he has a kid. :perplexed

Don't know how I feel about that yet... :look:

We have a date on Saturday...

Hey ladies,

Someone mentioned this thread the other day and I realized I hadn't seen it in awhile.

Sooooo, what's new with everyone?

As usual, I have nothing to report. Yesterday, I got a wedding shower invitation from one of my friends AND I found out one of my coworkers that I've always had a teeny little crush on proposed to his girlfriend.

I suddenly needed a drink.......

Badly.

Last edited:
Reconnected with an old friend, not an ex. Gave him my number and we have spoken to each other once in about 10 days. I guess he is just not into me. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Reconnected with an old friend, not an ex. Gave him my number and we have spoken to each other once in about 10 days. I guess he is just not into me. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Damn, I'm sorry.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :rolleyes:

Thick hair I reconnected with a guy I used to date back in April. Big waste of time. :rolleyes: he stopped calling, and right now nothings going on with me. As my friends would say, "I'm still on strike!!" :lol: But seriously I have too much to focus on to even think about a relationship. I'm trying to get my driver's license, figure out what grad program to apply to, grow some hair :lol: I need some me time right now.

Last edited:
Thick hair I reconnected with a guy I used to date back in April. Big waste of time. :rolleyes: he stopped calling, and right now nothings going on with me. As my friends would say, "I'm still on strike!!" :lol: But seriously I have too much to focus on to even think about a relationship. I'm trying to get my driver's license, figure out what grad program to apply to, grow some hair :lol: I need some me time right now.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:...yea i don't have the time to put my heart and soul into someone right now...i'm trying to get to APL!

I hear u!!!

I was just thinking the same thing. With all the manicures, pedicures, deep conditioning, pilates, shaving, facials and plucking...will I ever have time to be with a man on the regular?

ME.
i have planned to reject all offers for dating, etc until I graduate college because i'll be trying to focus on my premed career.

So...

Remember the dude that I was seeing last year but stopped because he wasn't making time for me?

Well he IM'd me today to tell me he misses me and he wants to try to work things out. I told him that I never had any hard feelings towards him or anything, I just didn't like the turn things had taken, I felt like I was wasting my time and I didn't have any more time to waste. We established that we're both looking for the same thing- someone to chill with and take trips with, etc., but no pressure for it to be anything more, but not necessarily opposed to it. I did inform him that I was in a different place now mentally, so he shouldn't expect a physical relationship. He said that he was also in different place, and wasn't expecting a physical relationship but that's it's good to know. I'm like I just wanted to be clear, because I know it can be hard to go back when you've already crossed the line.

He was really cool to hang with, I enjoyed his company so I guess we can see how things go.

Last edited:
So...

Remember the dude that I was seeing last year but stopped because he wasn't making time for me?

Well he IM'd me today to tell me he misses me and he wants to try to work things out. I told him that I never had any hard feelings towards him or anything, I just didn't like the turn things had taken, I felt like I was wasting my time and I didn't have any more time to waste. We established that we're both looking for the same thing- someone to chill with and take trips with, etc., but no pressure for it to be anything more, but not necessarily opposed to it. I did make it clear that I was in a different place now mentally, so he shouldn't expect a physical relationship. He said that he was also in different place, and wasn't expecting a physical relationship but that's it's good to know. I'm like I just wanted to be clear, because I know it can be hard to go back when you've already crossed the line.

He was really cool to hang with, I enjoyed his company so I guess we can see how things go.

Good for you MzLady. Sometimes its good to take a break from all the seriousness and just chill. you never know what can happen :yep:

Good for you MzLady. Sometimes its good to take a break from all the seriousness and just chill. you never know what can happen :yep:

Yeah.....

He's not a bad guy, but I wasn't getting what I wanted out of the situation and I was very clear about that, to no avail. So we'll see how he does this time around.

So...

Well he IM'd me today to tell me he misses me and he wants to try to work things out. I told him that I never had any hard feelings towards him or anything, I just didn't like the turn things had taken, I felt like I was wasting my time and I didn't have any more time to waste. We established that we're both looking for the same thing- someone to chill with and take trips with, etc., but no pressure for it to be anything more, but not necessarily opposed to it. I did make it clear that I was in a different place now mentally, so he shouldn't expect a physical relationship. He said that he was also in different place, and wasn't expecting a physical relationship but that's it's good to know. I'm like I just wanted to be clear, because I know it can be hard to go back when you've already crossed the line.

YAY! Why come I didn't know you BC'd? Your hair is looking great!

So...

I remember that. :yep: Best of luck hun. Keep us updated. :)

I got news :grin:

So I've had the same best friend for almost 10 years. He's the only guy that has been a constant during that entire time...normally I have ADD when it comes to men, I lose interest pretty quickly.

Anyway, over the years we've done this dance with each other, where I get jealous when he has a new chick, and he gets jealous when I have a new guy. We are very affectionate with each other. We even have the same tattoo (he had it first, and then I got it).

For a few years my friends and family have been telling me that we were soulmates but I always blew it off...until his last visit in March. After that visit I finally realized that we are meant to be together...and it only took me 9 years to figure it out!

So now we are just taking it slow. Neither of us wants to ruin the beautiful friendship that we have, but we know we both want more. We also live in two different cities, so we're gonna take it slow until we can be closer.

Back