Official Single and Sexy Thread 2008......

Oooooooh, Mzlady likes a booooooyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! *in singsong voice*

Do tell. Do you get the vibe back from him?

:lachen:

Too funny!

Yeah, I know he's into me. He's been very upfront about that.

I don't know what happened, cause it wasn't that long ago that I was ready to tell him to kick rocks, but I realized that I was being a little extra. :look:

Now I'm finding that I think about him a lot, I get excited when I know I'm gonna see him (we frequent the same bar). It kinda came out of nowhere.

I'm trying to play it cool though, which seems to be working. The other day he called me a mean girl, LOL.

Me too! Get in here PP!:lachen:

I know right!

I think she posted in OT, she needs to bring her behind over here!

Okay, dude just sent me some pics via phone, and he is really a good looking brotha. I don't know if I've been too shy to REALLY, REALLY check him out, but he's looking kinda :lick: in these pics, LOL.

Um, OK, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here.... Why? Saving up for a down payment on a home? His parents require daily care? What?

:blush:

I'm gonna need some more information about this.

I really hope he has a damn good reason.

I know right!

I think she posted in OT, she needs to bring her behind over here!

Okay, dude just sent me some pics via phone, and he is really a good looking brotha. I don't know if I've been too shy to REALLY, REALLY check him out, but he's looking kinda :lick: in these pics, LOL.

Well......

I haven't gotten the reason why he lives at home but frankly, I dont care. If I am going to be dating someone who is this much older than me, he needs to have the basics. A car, a job, his own place. He has two out of three and that aint gonna cut it.

I know I dont live alone, but I am also not 43. I mean what happens if we get serious. Where r we gonna stay, his one bedroom apartment off his momma's house? He lives in Indiana, you can get a one bedroom for $400 a month. He goes to work everyday so what is he spending his money on. He doesn't have a very expensive car, so IDK.

I met this dude off the internet so , what did i expect

Well......

I haven't gotten the reason why he lives at home but frankly, I dont care. If I am going to be dating someone who is this much older than me, he needs to have the basics. A car, a job, his own place. He has two out of three and that aint gonna cut it.

I know I dont live alone, but I am also not 43. I mean what happens if we get serious. Where r we gonna stay, his one bedroom apartment off his momma's house? He lives in Indiana, you can get a one bedroom for $400 a month. He goes to work everyday so what is he spending his money on. He doesn't have a very expensive car, so IDK.

I met this dude off the internet so , what did i expect

Hey, I ain't mad at ya, trust me.

Ooohhhhh Mz.lady has a boyfriend Mz Lady has a boyfriend!

LOL. Y'all so silly! :lachen:

I don't know what's gonna happen with us.

Last night he told me that he thinks I'm scared to have someone in life and that's why I have a chip on my shoulder.

Me being me responded with a bunch of sarcasm.

I think he might be right, though. :wallbash:

As much as I want to settle down and get married (which I've finally come out of denial about), the thought of being in another relationship terrifies me.

When it is right...it won't be as scary...it will just slow. So don't look at him(or any guy) as a potential husband...or the start of a relationship...just try to focus on getting to know him and enjoying his company...let nature just do it's thing.

I know because I am the same way. And I have FINALLY commited to one guy.

When it is right...it won't be as scary...it will just slow. So don't look at him(or any guy) as a potential husband...or the start of a relationship...just try to focus on getting to know him and enjoying his company...let nature just do it's thing.

I know because I am the same way. And I have FINALLY commited to one guy.

YAY!!! :dance7:

That's great, I'm so happy for you. :yep:

Yeah, I'm kinda just seeing how things progress. Hopefully we'll get to go out soon, he works nights so it's kind of hard.

Great thread! Hi everyone..'wave"

I'm single. Been for a good 4 months. I am looking to date now so I am trying to make myself available for that.

Hopefully i meet a few guys soon so i can get social again with the opposite sex! just chatting and having fun.

i have a very good male friend (known him since i was 18) i had neglected for a while because i was occupied with my "man" & he some woman and now that i am single he is coming in handy. flirting..the attention he gives..and he is fun to hang out with too!

Good luck to you ladies who committed to someone and are out there dating! Hopefully, i have something to post soon. in the meantime I am enjoying my own company and hanging with my girls and fam.

Last edited:
Welcome, Sweetg!

Well, this romance was short lived. I'm done with this dude.

He was on some straight bs yesterday that I don't even care to describe in detail.

On the plus side, I'm wasting less and less time with clowns. I'm down from over a year to 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

Welcome, Sweetg!

Well, this romance was short lived. I'm done with this dude.

He was on some straight bs yesterday that I don't even care to describe in detail.

On the plus side, I'm wasting less and less time with clowns. I'm down from over a year to 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

:nono: Dang, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it sucks, but you're absolutely right... with him out of the way, you can focus on finding someone truly for you.

:nono: Dang, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it sucks, but you're absolutely right... with him out of the way, you can focus on finding someone truly for you.

Umm....so.....I kinda jumped the gun. My girl thought I should at least talk to him and let him know I felt so I asked to him to call me when he got a chance. Turns out it was all a big misunderstanding.:Blush2: We were able to work it out. He came to see me so we got to spend some time together, which was nice.

I need to learn to not make decisions when I'm mad. My first instinct is always to react first, then think about the situations. It never even occured to me to talk to him before I decided to write him off.

*sigh*

What can I say? I'm a work in progress. :look:

Umm....so.....I kinda jumped the gun. My girl thought I should at least talk to him and let him know I felt so I asked to him to call me when he got a chance. Turns out it was all a big misunderstanding.:Blush2: We were able to work it out. He came to see me so we got to spend some time together, which was nice.

I need to learn to not make decisions when I'm mad. My first instinct is always to react first, then think about the situations. It never even occured to me to talk to him before I decided to write him off.

*sigh*

That's what life is all about... Learning! Good to hear you worked things out!

That's what life is all about... Learning! Good to hear you worked things out!

Thanks, girl. :)

It's like I'm always on the defensive in my attempt to keep from getting hurt again. It's fine to be a little guarded, but there has to be a balance and it's just not my strong point. He knows about my last relationship and kind of empathizes because of his last one, so I think that's why he's been pretty patient with me. But I don't wanna push my luck.

Umm....so.....I kinda jumped the gun. My girl thought I should at least talk to him and let him know I felt so I asked to him to call me when he got a chance. What can I say? I'm a work in progress. :look:

Glad to hear things worked out.
I'm glad your friend gave this advice. You never know,he might turn out to be "THE ONE". :grin: I have one particular friend who gives GREAT relationship advice/opinions,she is my Dr.Phil. She nevers fails!Even when I want her to be wrong (my stubbornish :wallbash:),at the end she turns out to be right.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Glad to hear things worked out.
I'm glad your friend gave this advice. You never know,he might turn out to be "THE ONE". :grin: I have one particular friend who gives GREAT relationship advice/opinions,she is my Dr.Phil. She nevers fails!Even when I want her to be wrong (my stubbornish :wallbash:),at the end she turns out to be right.

Good Luck!

Yeah, she's great with stuff like this.

She's older than me (close to 40) so she has a lot of insight.

*sigh*

Glad it's working out now!

Hi ladies :wave:. I haven't been in a relationship for near 10 months. I want to focus on getting me right. I made some stupid foolish decisions with the last relationship and REFUSE to go down that road again. EVER AGAIN!

I think the problem with me was that I got cocky. You hear about some of the stupidity some women put up with and shake your head. But when a slight variation of it happens in your own life you tend to rationalize that it's not the same because you're too smart for that.

Ha!:wallbash::wallbash: So I learned my lesson and got humbled real quick. I deserve better but also want to be better for when the right one comes along. So I'm working on me in the mean time.

Hi ladies :wave:. I haven't been in a relationship for near 10 months. I want to focus on getting me right. I made some stupid foolish decisions with the last relationship and REFUSE to go down that road again. EVER AGAIN!

I think the problem with me was that I got cocky. You hear about some of the stupidity some women put up with and shake your head. But when a slight variation of it happens in your own life you tend to rationalize that it's not the same because you're too smart for that.

Ha!:wallbash::wallbash: So I learned my lesson and got humbled real quick. I deserve better but also want to be better for when the right one comes along. So I'm working on me in the mean time.

Girl, you are preachin' to the choir!

I so feel you on this.

Girl, you are preachin' to the choir!

I so feel you on this.

Thanks. I feel real foolish when I look back on the situation. Hindsight is 20/20 and I do see where I went wrong and WHY! Here's the kicker, things never really felt right to begin with. I should have listened to myself in the first place and I could have avoided this mess.

Anyway, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and I deserve it. Never again!:nono: I'm not bitter but certainly more cautious. I learned the hard way that losers come in many forms.

So enough of the woulda shoulda coulda. What's done is over with. That relationship helped me realize many things about myself and that's what I'm focused on. I would much rather be by myself and happy than with someone and miserable.

hey ladies

I think i am giving the on line dating deal a rest for now... There are too many fools out there it seems and well I don't want to meet them. I think I am going to look at the constant in all my relationships, me. I have friends who have no problem meeting good men and I seem to come up with losers. I am going to figure out why.

How i am going to do that, I am not sure... I may need to have a professional approach to this, but I have no clue where to start when looking for a counselor.

Wish me luck

hey ladies

I think i am giving the on line dating deal a rest for now... There are too many fools out there it seems and well I don't want to meet them. I think I am going to look at the constant in all my relationships, me. I have friends who have no problem meeting good men and I seem to come up with losers. I am going to figure out why.

How i am going to do that, I am not sure... I may need to have a professional approach to this, but I have no clue where to start when looking for a counselor.

Wish me luck

I wish you well and much success cuz I totally understand what you're saying.

Thanks. I feel real foolish when I look back on the situation. Hindsight is 20/20 and I do see where I went wrong and WHY! Here's the kicker, things never really felt right to begin with. I should have listened to myself in the first place and I could have avoided this mess.

Anyway, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and I deserve it. Never again!:nono: I'm not bitter but certainly more cautious. I learned the hard way that losers come in many forms.

So enough of the woulda shoulda coulda. What's done is over with. That relationship helped me realize many things about myself and that's what I'm focused on. I would much rather be by myself and happy than with someone and miserable.

You have a great attitute towards things. :yep:

While going through the bs sucks, I think ultimately what really matters is whether or not you learn from it or continue to make the same mistakes.

hey ladies

Wish me luck

I hear you, mami.

There is nothing wrong with finding a professional to talk to. I've done it before and found it really beneficial.

Back