2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

@SpiritJunkie @hopeful @Sosoothing - Thank you all. This has been a wonderful time with a wonderful man.

The restaurant was great! Food and ambiance were excellent. And he paid. LOL. He loved the peach cobbler we shared for dessert later too.

To keep this hair related: I’ve joked with him about him never making up his bed in the morning. Last night he sent me into his room to get something and he mentioned that he made his bed. I said, yes I noticed that. He asked if I noticed anything else and I went back to discover he bought a satin pillowcase for “my side”.

He flies me to LA this Saturday to meet him for a short getaway.

He’s always planning something for us. It’s never a dull moment.

@SpiritJunkie @hopeful @Sosoothing - Thank you all. This has been a wonderful time with a wonderful man.

The restaurant was great! Food and ambiance were excellent. And he paid. LOL. He loved the peach cobbler we shared for dessert later too.

To keep this hair related: I’ve joked with him about him never making up his bed in the morning. Last night he sent me into his room to get something and he mentioned that he made his bed. I said, yes I noticed that. He asked if I noticed anything else and I went back to discover he bought a satin pillowcase for “my side”.

He flies me to LA this Saturday to meet him for a short getaway.

He’s always planning something for us. It’s never a dull moment.

Sis, this man is a keeper! :lol:

Back from LA and it was a great trip. We hung out in Orange County browsing antique stores. Not really my thing, but he thought it was romantic so I went along. He's so cute. The next day he made brunch reservations at my favorite restaurant along the Pacific in Malibu. Now that was romantic. LOL. We ate our wonderful meals then just sat looking at the ocean while holding hands and chatting. Later that day we put on our Steelers gear and went to the football game. That was fun too. He LOVES football and fortunately so do I. It was such a good time together.

Funny side note: My family and friends think we look alike. Scary!

I feel so bad for feeling pessimistic about my friends romantic situations.

Shes stunning and built like a brickhouse, but I've known her for 10 years and guys dont tend to stick around for more than 2-4 weeks. She has a naturally neurotic, emotional personality type and it can be intense.

It appears she has found a good guy (I hope). For the first time she is dating an older man, he has a good job, nice house and he pays for all her dates (something she hasn't experienced before). He cares about her feelings and wants to make her happy. I have my fingers and toes crossed.

She's had such bad luck with men that I will cry and cry if they work out, and they get married.

Funny thing is she wasnt too bothered about him at first because he doesn't meet her height requirement, he's been trying to make conversation with her for 3 years but she didnt pay him any mind though he is good looking. She's tall and they are the same height. She nearly cancelled the date last minute because of his height and I told her to see it through.

@BonBon - I wish your friend all the best. It sounds like he's a good guy.

I'm glad she let go of an "ideal" and went out with him. My guy is a big guy; my ex husband was a college track athlete and my last guy was a slender body builder. I'm used to slim and trim guys and I almost rejected him because of his size. I'm very glad I didn't.

Me: When will we be able to go on vacation?
SO: Where do you want to go?
Me:
giphy.gif

*Discusses why I want to go each location*
SO: Share that list with me and I will choose something.

I am learning so much about myself and growing in so many ways as my relationship with this Alpha male deepens. He's very positive, very organized, action-oriented and sometimes impatient. His brain doesn't shut off until he goes to sleep. From the time he wakes up, it's go time. It's so amazing for me to watch his wheels constantly turn.
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense. This all is such a wonderful and intriguing journey.

Hi y'all :wave:

This past Saturday my bf proposed and we are now engaged. :wiggle:

I haven't posted too much about our rlshp, but I have posted a few stories here and there on the board.

Proposal: nothing crazy. It was at his house (we do not live together). I was doing some work on the computer when he came up to me and leaned down. I didn't know what he was doing but I said "btw, if you asked me to marry you I'd say yes"(I was referencing a convo we had earlier...). So then he pulls out a small box, hands it to me and says "ok, well hold this then". I started tearing up. He put it on my finger and we went about our evening..

We met in online in March 2017 and have been doing pretty good since. People call us "boring", but I suspect that that's because we have a similar lifestyle and hold similar values ... So the conflict has been low.

We're going to counseling before the wedding (potential September date) to learn better communication skills and to learn what we should anticipate during our marriage, which will be a first for the both of us.

Last edited:
Hi y'all :wave:

This past Saturday my bf proposed and we are now engaged. :wiggle:

I haven't posted too much about our rlshp, but I have posted a few stories here and there on the board.

Proposal: nothing crazy. It was at his house (we do not live together). I was doing some work on the computer when he came up to me and leaned down. I didn't know what he was doing but I said "btw, if you asked me to marry you I'd say yes"(I was referencing a convo we had earlier...). So then he pulls out a small box, hands it to me and says "ok, well hold this then". I started crying. He put it on my finger and we went about our day night.

We met in online in March 2017 and have been doing pretty good since. People call us "boring", but I suspect that tgat's because we have a similar lifestyle and hold similar values ... So the conflict has been low.

We're going to counseling before the wedding (potential September date) to learn better communication skills and to learn what we should anticipate during our marriage, which will be a first for the both of us.

I really love this proposal story

its how I imagine mine would be, very casual and without too much spectacle

I had no idea how he'd propose. We picked out a ring over a year ago (I posted about it here), so I truly was surprised. I may post the ring when I get back to my house...

Instead of what I chose last year, he ended up getting something similar, but much nicer. Its a .5 carat princess cut high clarity diamond. I didn't want anything too big because I'd be wearing it everyday (and it would be prone to abuse).

I'm not materialistic really, but seeing how the diamond blings is dope . He did good y'all. The diamond is on the "small" side but our bands will be encrusted so I think it will look perfect as a set. Also the size complements my finger.

Still going strong here. Hope everyone else is too. :2inlove:

We are heading up stay at one of his luxury cabins so I can see all of them next weekend. And he's making his famous mac n cheese for Thanksgiving with my family. He makes sure we're busy every weekend, which makes up for his heavy business travel schedule during the week. I'm having a great time.:cupidarrow:

I had no idea how he'd propose. We picked out a ring over a year ago (I posted about it here), so I truly was surprised. I may post the ring when I get back to my house...

Instead of what I chose last year, he ended up getting something similar, but much nicer. Its a .5 carat princess cut high clarity diamond. I didn't want anything too big because I'd be wearing it everyday (and it would be prone to abuse).

I'm not materialistic really, but seeing how the diamond blings is dope . He did good y'all. The diamond is on the "small" side but our bands will be encrusted so I think it will look perfect as a set. Also the size complements my finger.

OMG!!! I remember when you were posting in the feminine energy threads. Is this the same guy?!?! Congratulations!!! :drunk:

Back