2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

I’m packing for our trip. We leave Tuesday. I’m excited and can’t wait.

I wanted to make sure my first impression at the hangar was indicative my personality because I didn’t want to do the “corporate” thing I do when I travel for my role. Found a cute midi dress on clearance at Dillard’s and will wear nude heeled sandals but take ballet flats in a similar color just in case.

In-flight meals have been ordered and he has booked amazing activities for our time there.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Why is it so hot to watch him work on my car? Had me like
giphy.gif

Y'all! What a trip we had! Started off with a great flight with him, the CEO of the company and the rest of his colleagues and their guests, good catered food inflight and entertaining conversation.

We arrived at the Ritz Carlton to a very large suite with an ocean view and a charcuterie board awaiting us. We spent our days either relaxing in a huge, beachside cabana with butler service or enjoying spa treatments daily. Evenings were grand dinners with lots of good wine.

We took a car to go shopping one afternoon and he purchased me a Louis Vuitton item that I had been stalking their website for. I was so delighted to discover the boutique had one in stock!

We also took the car another day and drove to the other side of the island to hang out where the locals do. We hung out on a beach there and had drinks that this cool island bar called Big Mama's. Then went to lunch at a great Caribbean restaurant called O'Niel's.

Our last night was capped with a beach party with a live band. We also got all kinds of cool gifts including a choice each of Maui Jim sunglasses, Olukai sandals and Kooringal hats. I was glad I didn't have to worry about paying for my bags because I brought back so much stuff.

It was a wonderful trip with a wonderful man. He's already planning for their trip next year, which is in Rome. He wants me to save my vacation days so we can spend 2 weeks traveling Europe after the Rome trip is over.

Im feeling some kind of way. My SO started a new job but here's the thing he did not tell me until the day he started his new job so the whole time he resigned from his previous job and never told me. Theres so much mounting up with him and Ive had enough. I feel like he only includes me when he needs me. He got into a car accident his insurance gave him a rental car now the insurance deemed his car totaled from the accident and is charging him for the rental.

So he calls me upset his account is overdraft he just started his new job its long distance and he needs a car and public transportion will take too long blah blah blah but he couldnt tell me he found a new job.Then asks me oh what time do I work this week :hint: so maybe I can take him to work.

*Please dont quote**

Last edited:
@Ayesha81 - Hey Love - how long have you two been dating?

He sounds like an opportunist and a taker and I'm not seeing any benefits for you here.

I think you know what to do next. And we are all here for you as you work through your next steps.

The last guy I dated before this one I was with a little over a year. I gave him 3 weeks after I told him I wasn't happy with where things were going. Then I ripped off the Band-Aid. And it hurt like HELL.

There is calm after the storm...

@Ayesha81 - Hey Love - how long have you two been dating?

He sounds like an opportunist and a taker and I'm not seeing any benefits for you here.

I think you know what to do next. And we are all here for you as you work through your next steps.

The last guy I dated before this one I was with a little over a year. I gave him 3 weeks after I told him I wasn't happy with where things were going. Then I ripped off the Band-Aid. And it hurt like HELL.

There is calm after the storm...

November would be 1 year we been dating. And thank you for responding as I move on without him.

Last edited:
@Ayesha81 - This has definitely been long enough for you to see what a future would be like with him. He is not a provider, nor a protector and you will spend your time with him trying to help prop him up.

No where is it written that you have to break your back to help someone else. It is okay to be selfish and look out for you. It took me a while to learn this (was married for 26 years to someone who still hasn't grown up) and I am sharing my learnings with you.

There ARE real men out there.

@Ayesha81 - This has definitely been long enough for you to see what a future would be like with him. He is not a provider, nor a protector and you will spend your time with him trying to help prop him up.

No where is it written that you have to break your back to help someone else. It is okay to be selfish and look out for you. It took me a while to learn this (was married for 26 years to someone who still hasn't grown up) and I am sharing my learnings with you.

There ARE real men out there.

It is long enough seeing him for who he really is.

Last edited:
@Ayesha81

I not one prone to being long winded so I will say, you don't need that man in your life. I sincerely think you would be better alone. Life is supposed to be better with the right mate. Especially day to day life.
You shouldn't be frequently expending your precious feminine faculties thinking and wondering why he did or said or didn't do or say whatever he did.

I am basing my opinion on your latest issue and other things you have shared with us about your relationship.

@weaveadiva - THANK YOU! This is has been so good. I really feel like all that I've gone through and all the learning and self reflection has brought me to where I am today. It's made me able to attract and receive goodness.

New Guy's positivity is SO refreshing. He is confident in his leadership abilities and in his masculinity without having to be boastful or aggressive like some men in powerful positions. He shows he is a protector and provider and a planner (I'm a planner to so he gets my need for a list. LOL).

Last edited:
SO’s birthday is on Monday but party #1 was today with his family. My parents came with me. I had to speak more Spanish than I usually do since there was extended family over who know little English. We played UNO in both English and Spanish, it was hilarious! :lachen:Our moms talked about when they become grandparents and dealing with wypipo when they pull their mess with our kids. :giggle: My mom invited SO’s family over for Thanksgiving and is already making preparations.

I love how much our families have embraced each other. It feels great to have a support system behind us. :cloud9:

New Guy's birthday is tomorrow. He's going out with his brother and nephew, which is their custom, so we're getting together Saturday.

He said he doesn't like gifts (his first love language is quality time) so I've made reservations for dinner at an upscale steakhouse and we're going to listen to some live music afterwards.

Rather than a cake, I'm going to make him a peach cobbler. He loves crab cakes and I've promised to make some for him so I'll do that for Sunday dinner. He travels a lot and eats out a lot so I want him to know that he can get a homecooked meal once in awhile. :biggrin:

Last week, we met for dinner one day and he asked me to hop in his truck once I arrived at the restaurant. I thought maybe he wanted to eat somewhere else and didn't ask where he was taking me. I was surprised when we stopped at a Verizon store. He knew I wanted the new iPhone Pro Max so he bought it for me.

All of this might be standard for some, but after 30 years with a narcissist, this is like heaven.

Back