2019 Relationship And Dating Thread

Not sure if this is the right place to post this video but here it is. He makes good points

Derrick Jaxn talks how to love a woman NSFW

Last edited:
@kimpaur

If his ex ever comes up again I'd politely and sweetly remind him that I am not his ex and I would like him to pay attention to what I like - I welcome sexual advances. Furthermore I'm much more likely to be run off by lack of interest than constant attention. He will listen.

If nothing changes then I'd be thinking theres something else going on. Low sex drive or something else...

Also what are you wearing when you are chilling with him in the evening? Wearing things that make him feel you are happy to notice you in that way may help. Even if it's just tight ass yoga pants.
That's exactly how I feel! I don't believe in bringing baggage into new relationships

During the weekday, I usually just stop by after work(like 8pm) in my business /work clothes...so not the sexiest :lol:
I have much better luck when I'm sleeping over and wearing my fitted lounge dresses. He can't keep his eyes/hands off me then :lol:

What do y’all think about a “meet up” at 9 PM to get drinks?! This would be my first time meeting the guy.

I’m getting classy booty call vibes.
I think that’s late. Especially if there is no dinner involved prior. But I’m old. As I type this, I’m trying to figure out how to break it to my son that we should go lay down, because it’s bedtime :rofl:

I went! We had a great time. The place was a speakeasy hidden behind an art gallery. Towards the end of the night a few loud people came and sat near us, so the gallery portion was a great opportunity to step away and talk about that.

He was a gentlemen through and through :). No booty was given or requested. The conversation was great and he seemed extremely interested in me (personality, looks, goals etc.) which was great. Only not great thing was I got a darn near church hug at the end of the night. After all that intellectually stimulating conversation I could’ve used a bit more :look:. I’d happily go out with him again though.

It was definitely a low threat start to entering the dating scene again.

Last edited:
Why is it that younger guys want only booty?
Im a little upset that with all the brains his has. The best he can come up with is friends with benefits. I feel some type of way. Not even a date or help pay a bill.
Some of man these are trash.
I should block him just for being a dog.

Question why are people into fwb?
I don't get it at all, maybe im old fashion for 30. My generation think that it's cool.

Im a little upset that with all the brains his has. The best he can come up with is friends with benefits. I feel some type of way. Not even a date or help pay a bill.

I don't get it at all, maybe im old fashion for 30. My generation think that it's cool.
He wants the best from you with the least investment. For some, its ok, because they arent looking for anything or it can keep one from clouding their judgement while they feel out potential SO's. Sex usually clouds one mind (its different for men and women). For others, its just easier to get what you want and get out without all the extra stuff (like feelings).

If you dont want to be bothered, no point in reasoning. Just stop responding.

He wants the best from you with the least investment. For some, its ok, because they arent looking for anything or it can keep one from clouding their judgement while they feel out potential SO's. Sex usually clouds one mind (its different for men and women). For others, its just easier to get what you want and get out without all the extra stuff (like feelings).

If you dont want to be bothered, no point in reasoning. Just stop responding.

Thanks for the inside.

To clarify, it's not just a younger guy issue. It's an all men issue sadly. Great answer by @Saludable84

SO called me yesterday on my way home from work to tell me his cousin is having a backyard wedding this Saturday. The same cousin that is getting married in Mexico next month (the trip we're not going on now). We also leave next weekend the 19th for our 8 day vacation. I have two classes to catch up on and an exam due before Sunday.

:cry3::cry3:

Those are real tears lol

SO called me yesterday on my way home from work to tell me his cousin is having a backyard wedding this Saturday. The same cousin that is getting married in Mexico next month (the trip we're not going on now). We also leave next weekend the 19th for our 8 day vacation. I have two classes to catch up on and an exam due before Sunday.

:cry3::cry3:

Those are real tears lol
Decline! It’s too short notice and it doesn’t align with your priorities.

The fwb is not just a man thing. It works for some women too. Wanting to be into a strictly sexual rlshp doesn't make a guy a dog. However, being deceitful about it does.

Many Feb situations do turn into rlshps. If two people are on the same page about it, it can be a great thing.

If this kinda thing doesn't appeal to you that's ok, but there are many people on this board, and in life, including myself, who have benefited from this arrangement.
One mo' thing...alot of people, esp men, engage in fwb type of rlshps because they are emotionally unavailable. Alot of times it's because someone broke their heart.

My suggestion is to stop giving energy to things that don't work for you. A guy might not be the one for you for a plethora of reasons. If it's not a match, simply move on.

Hope this answers your question.

The fwb is not just a man thing. It works for some women too. Wanting to be into a strictly sexual rlshp doesn't make a guy a dog. However, being deceitful about it does.

Many Feb situations do turn into rlshps. If two people are on the same page about it, it can be a great thing.

If this kinda thing doesn't appeal to you that's ok, but there are many people on this board, and in life, including myself, who have benefited from this arrangement.
One mo' thing...alot of people, esp men, engage in fwb type of rlshps because they are emotionally unavailable. Alot of times it's because someone broke their heart.

My suggestion is to stop giving energy to things that don't work for you. A guy might not be the one for you for a plethora of reasons. If it's not a match, simply move on.

I Really don't know that are woman ok with this type of arrangement. Not to be mean or rude at all.

Second i also don't know that people get into a relationship from a fwb arrangement.

I just feeling that being honest is a great. However not all women have the same opinion on sex. I just got the feeling i was tie into something that not me. Just because i never had a man to ask if i was ok with that. I have been asked my opinion on it. But not if i want to be in that type of arrangement or relationship.

Plus sex is not a big deal to me. Due to my religion background.
im not here to shame noone lifestyle.

This all new to me, even with me just turn 30th.

Thanks for the feedback, learn alot too.

The only crazy is he said been waiting a 11 months. Because he dont trust noone or see something he like til me.
So he not a bad person and all.
That was a lessons learned on, you can't never til about a person. just by looking at them.

The only crazy is he said been waiting a 11 months. Because he dont trust noone or see something he like til me.
So he not a bad person and all.
That was a lessons learned on, you can't never til about a person. just by looking at them.

This is why it is suggested that you date multiple men at the same time. Getting to know a person takes time. So instead of "putting your eggs in one basket" you should be out there having fun, getting to know people and getting taken out.

The guy who chooses to step up while you're dating others, is more than likely the man for you.

**UPDATE ** Mr. Amazing turned into be Mr. JackA$$.. Things were going well before I went on vaca, without him. I came back in town and had this errie feeling when I was in his place. My plan when I came back in town was too discuss where this was headed. We had already discussed family and future, to make a long story short. He advised if I wanted to date other people I could. Day of the conversation said we would talk about this some other time. We did not talk I texted him two days later and told him it was nice meeting him. What did it for me was all the hair weave on the floor!! . He could have at least swept his dang floor.. He claimed his place was a place of peace. I am a very spiritual person and from dating and relationship experience my intuition has never proven me wrong. Few months earlier I already had a dream he was seeing someone else.

Life has definitely gone on.. I met and engineer and gentleman that owns his own trucking company. I will be rotating men at this time. I just received an amazing job offer, so this sista will be making money and making time when I feel like it. I am spending time journaling my feelings and patiently waiting on whom ever he may be. Ladies do not ignore the signs!!! I had a friend offer to take me too London in November so as the young kids say "I will be catching flights not feelings"!!

Last edited:
About a month ago I started talking to two guys I met on Match.

Guy #1 is a decade older but has a youthful vibe. Our first date was great. We just went on a second one today and while I like him, I'm not sure he's as into me after our lunch date. We have things in common but not that thing he's most passionate about. I'll be surprised if he goes any further with me.

Guy #2 is closer to my age but so difficult to talk to. Our initial chats felt like I had to basically interview him to get any information. He's in a field that usually attracts introverts, and I work with people in this field so I'm fully aware of how socially awkward they can be. Each conversation has fewer uncomfortable silences and he seems like a nice guy.

If I'm still actively dating by September, I think I'm going to move onto a different online dating app. Match is just OK, and I didn't have a great experience when I was on OKC. Any recommendations?

Back